• 15 6 789
  • Page
  • Text Only
I have a Chase British Airways card, will I still be eligible for the initial 50k bonus on this card?

Yep just got shot down on the 100K request. Will need to go after the 50k after spending $3K in 3 months.

Has anyone who opted for a check gotten theirs? Mine was completed/fulfilled and has an expected delivery date of 06/30 but I still haven't gotten it. I know It's taken people on the AARP thread longer to get larger checks. Maybe that's it.

clutchcargo777 said:   Has anyone who opted for a check gotten theirs? Mine was completed/fulfilled and has an expected delivery date of 06/30 but I still haven't gotten it. I know It's taken people on the AARP thread longer to get larger checks. Maybe that's it.

I requested my check on 6/19/11 (cashed out a few hours after the points were in my account). They shipped check on 6/21/11 and I had it in hand on 6/24/11 or 6/25/11 (forget which day). Now time to hang on and see if the additional points show up. I have some concerns this will not happen for my account. My statement closed on 6/10/11. I spent $3000 on 6/7/11. I think there is an outside chance they just advanced me the points I already earned (even though they said they were giving me an extra 50K points for a total of 100K which I could use for a $1000 check). The original fine print says spend bonus points will post 6-8 weeks after spend milestone has been hit. I'm in wait and see mode at the moment. The additional 50K points shows as an "adjustment" on my account - not sure what that means in Chase terminology.

cheapdad00 said:   clutchcargo777 said:   Has anyone who opted for a check gotten theirs? Mine was completed/fulfilled and has an expected delivery date of 06/30 but I still haven't gotten it. I know It's taken people on the AARP thread longer to get larger checks. Maybe that's it.

I requested my check on 6/19/11 (cashed out a few hours after the points were in my account). They shipped check on 6/21/11 and I had it in hand on 6/24/11 or 6/25/11 (forget which day). Now time to hang on and see if the additional points show up. I have some concerns this will not happen for my account. My statement closed on 6/10/11. I spent $3000 on 6/7/11. I think there is an outside chance they just advanced me the points I already earned (even though they said they were giving me an extra 50K points for a total of 100K which I could use for a $1000 check). The original fine print says spend bonus points will post 6-8 weeks after spend milestone has been hit. I'm in wait and see mode at the moment. The additional 50K points shows as an "adjustment" on my account - not sure what that means in Chase terminology.

Thanks for the info. My UR checks for my Freedom card always take about 2 weeks to show up so I'm hoping that's what it is with this one. I have the same feeling about the 2nd 50k also. I'm about 3/4 of the way there (for the 3k spend) and my first statement hasn't cut yet. I guess we'll see...

Just checked, and both the 50K bonus and 53K "regular" reward have posted. I'm thinking that I'm going to request a check for the amount, rather then continue to charge to that card...that way I can take advantage of rewards on other CC spend. Green/Red?

Got approved recently, charged 3K. I sent a note to customer service inquiring about the additional 50K points. They are asking for the invitation number and saying that I won't get the additional 50k if I did not get an invitation. Any suggestions?

I was approved recently and wrote Chase on their secure server, requesting the additional 50k pts. I was told no. Additionally, I was told that Chase would be reversing bonus points already awarded. Here is the actual reply, edited only to exclude my name and account number and to bold the part about reversing already awarded points. (Yes, the typos are original).

Dear X,

I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your e-mail
regarding the sign up bonus offer inquiry on your Chase
Sapphire account ending in xxxx.

I would first like to take this opportunity to personally
thank you for choosing Chase to handle your account. As
per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000
Chase Sapphire bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in
purchases within 93 days of account open date. These
points will post to your account within one to two billing
cycles.

The 100,000 bonus point?s offer was made through a small
direct mail test and is non-transferable. The Offer Code
and Invitation Number included in the mailing can only be
applied to the recipient?s account. If you are not listed
as the addressee of the mailing, we will be unable to
apply the offer to your account. I understand you may be
disappointed and I am sincerely sorry for any confusion.
Please know that we will consider reviewing the terms of
other offers you receive in the future. We are aware of
unintended card member manage to earn extra points and we
are going to reverse those points in the near future

Your satisfaction is important to us and I sincerely value
your business. If you have any further questions, please
reply using the Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Shamir Sayed
E-mail Customer Service Advisor

1-800-493-3319

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates

That would be unfortunate. I converted my points to CashBack in the morning, but it hasn't posted to my account as of now.

Edit: Credit for both the first 50K and 2nd 50K (53K, actually) has posted to the account. I requested a check to be mailed for the balance, we'll see what happens.

Chatterbot said:   That would be unfortunate. I converted my points to CashBack in the morning, but it hasn't posted to my account as of now.

Better hurry up and cash the check when it comes!

Good thing I already cashed out my check they sent me for the 50K extra bonus points. I'm wondering how they would "reverse" the extra 50K they gave out - would they just not give you the 50K after the 3K spend?

LifeAsISeeIt said:   Good thing I already cashed out my check they sent me for the 50K extra bonus points. I'm wondering how they would "reverse" the extra 50K they gave out - would they just not give you the 50K after the 3K spend?

That exactly happened to me...

Do everything you can to request a check and cash out, hurry up before the party is over!

jcd123 said:   LifeAsISeeIt said:   Good thing I already cashed out my check they sent me for the 50K extra bonus points. I'm wondering how they would "reverse" the extra 50K they gave out - would they just not give you the 50K after the 3K spend?

That exactly happened to me...

Do everything you can to request a check and cash out, hurry up before the party is over!

What do you mean? Did they reverse the 50K points that they had posted?

Was this the original 50K or the bonus 50K that you got by emailing them?

If they do decide to renege on the 50K after $3K spend, at least I cashed one $500 check! Technically, the bonus is gravy for me. I plan on laying low and acting stupid if they bring it up. I've also saved the mails from their CSRs. Seems they should train their employees better.

This is the original message I got from Chase:

Dear XXX,

I appreciate you taking the time to e-mail us with your
concern, with regards to the offer on your Chase Sapphire
card ending in ####.

As per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000
cycles once you meet the qualifying spend.

I believe that every relationship is based on mutual trust and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
As a gesture of commitment to you, I have added additional
50,000 points to the rewards balance on your account.
This adjustment will reflect on your next statement.

I am glad I could be of service to you and look forward to
serving your banking needs in the future.

Thank you,

Maansi Bhasin
E-mail Customer Service Representative

1-800-493-3319

serviced by its affiliates.

Not much trust and support if they take away those points!!!

I guess I got lucky. I already received my first $500 and have a check on the way for $500. Hopefully Chase will honor their word with most of the others who received this offer as well.

I took both points awards (bonus 50K + 53K awarded when statement posted) as credits against the account balance, which appeared within 12 hours. Seemed like the quickest way to monetize the points.

More importantly, how is everyone enjoying their cards? I hear the Preferred is made of some type of metal... Are we talking aluminum or...?

So far I've only received the 50K points that the CS credited after my online msg and 3K for the $3000 that I spent. I have not received the original 50K points yet. I received my stmt in the mail last week and paid off the very same day since I have a Chase checking account and Chase online banking lets you make same day payments against their credit cards. After reading the recent posts I don't have much hope for the original 50K points to show up.

ajh5408 said:   More importantly, how is everyone enjoying their cards? I hear the Preferred is made of some type of metal... Are we talking aluminum or...?

The card is a thicker plastic not metal. It does feel different than a typical card.

Question removed - Thanks.

ajh5408 said:   More importantly, how is everyone enjoying their cards? I hear the Preferred is made of some type of metal... Are we talking aluminum or...?

The card has a really cool "feel" to it due to the added heft/nice texture. Having the card number and other details on the back is unique as well.

Yeah, I definitely like the physical card itself. The ongoing terms - could be better.

LifeAsISeeIt said:   ajh5408 said:   More importantly, how is everyone enjoying their cards? I hear the Preferred is made of some type of metal... Are we talking aluminum or...?

The card has a really cool "feel" to it due to the added heft/nice texture. Having the card number and other details on the back is unique as well.

So far every person who has taken the card to scan has commented on its uniqueness.

LifeAsISeeIt said:   If they do decide to renege on the 50K after $3K spend, at least I cashed one $500 check! Technically, the bonus is gravy for me. I plan on laying low and acting stupid if they bring it up. I've also saved the mails from their CSRs. Seems they should train their employees better.

My July statement closed last night. 50K additional spend points appeared a couple hours after close (in addition to the 50K "goodwill" points on June 19). Just asked for another $500 check, they said it will be here before 21 July.

tchen811 said:   This is the original message I got from Chase:

Dear XXX,

I appreciate you taking the time to e-mail us with your
concern, with regards to the offer on your Chase Sapphire
card ending in ####.

cycles once you meet the qualifying spend.

I believe that every relationship is based on mutual trust and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
As a gesture of commitment to you, I have added additional
50,000 points to the rewards balance on your account.
This adjustment will reflect on your next statement.

I am glad I could be of service to you and look forward to
serving your banking needs in the future.

Thank you,

Maansi Bhasin
E-mail Customer Service Representative

1-800-493-3319

Not much trust and support if they take away those points!!!

Yeah, the PR impact would be ugly if they tried to reverse them. My guess is this is the message the CSRs have been told to issue.

cheapdad00 said:   

Yeah, the PR impact would be ugly if they tried to reverse them. My guess is this is the message the CSRs have been told to issue.

They are probably trying to mitigate the flood of inquiries/stem the bleeding. I will definitely raise holy hell if they renege on this one.

aholes denied my card

too many accounts with us / too many credit requests

I think its the 2nd one
I opened 4 accounts in last 6 months for sign up bonuses

but only have 2 credit cards with chase
in fact i got my limit slashed from 30k to 15k so that this card will go through

but no go

mrkk said:   aholes denied my card

I think its the 2nd one

in fact i got my limit slashed from 30k to 15k so that this card will go through

but no go

1. Call them.
2. Ask to transfer to lending depart.
3. In all probability they will approve your card by reallocating the CL from currently open cards.

Kaparosky said:   mrkk said:   aholes denied my card

I think its the 2nd one

but no go

1. Call them.
2. Ask to transfer to lending depart.
3. In all probability they will approve your card by reallocating the CL from currently open cards.

+1. Did exactly that this morning. I even already had a (regular) Sapphire card, and they cancelled it for me and approved the Sapphire Preferred card.

Not 100% sure the 50k bonus still applies, but I guess I'll find out.

Just FWIW, is the "extra" 50k instant bonus (for 100k total) completely dead now?

Psycho41 said:   
Just FWIW, is the "extra" 50k instant bonus (for 100k total) completely dead now?

Unless you get an actual offer from Chase in the mail - yes.

Kaparosky said:   1. Applied online. Got rejected
2. Waited for rejection letter to know the reason. ( Too many accounts with us in recent time ( 3 accounts recently))
3. Called 1-800-955-9296. Transferred to Lending department.
4. Requested for reallocating the credit from existing card. Got approved.
5. Card in a mail.

+1

CSR moved 10K credit line from one of the other cards. But they reduced my credit line over all the cards by 10K in the process. Hate that!

I got my extra 53K yesterday too! (I've got the courtesy 50K points first.)
Immediately booked flights, sfo to mco for 3 people for free.
I recommend the travel reward, since the bonus amount is 25% extra (my case $1250).
Also you don't have to wait for cashing out the points.

Just applied for the Chase sapphire preferred card and got approved (got the 50k points once 3k is spent within first three months deal) Once I receive the card can I try sending chase a secured message seeing if they can match the 50k points or do I have to spend the $3,000 first????

Also, how do I send a secured message?

The secure message doesn't work anymore. This deal has been dead unless you happened to get in on it in the first few days

accutronman said:   Interesting. Here's the response I received back from Chase when I asked about the additional 50k points:

cycles.

I feel that every relationship is based on mutual trust
and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
I would like to inform you that, once you have spend
$3000.00 within the first 93 days, you will need to
re-sumbit your request for the additional 50,000 points,
however, make sure that it is within the first 93 days and
we will be happy to have the additional 50,000 points
added to your account.

Ka-ching...100,000 points on this month's statement. Many thanks to OP for this one.

This deal is dead. I sent a secured message asking for a possible match for the 100K points. Got the following response within 20mins of my message:

Date: 07-16-2011 17:57:48
Subject: Re: Rewards Inquiry

I have received your e-mail request to apply 100,000 bonus
points offer on your Chase Sapphire account ending
in XXXX.

I would like to inform you that the 100,000 bonus points
offer was an acquisition test offer only and was sent
to a select customers through direct mail. Regretfully,
this is a non transferable offer.

Further, if you were sent an invitation for this offer, I
kindly request you to reply to this email with the
offer code and the invitation number, and either myself or
one of my colleagues will be happy to assist you.

If you were not the recipient of the mailing, we will not
be able to process your request for additional
points. The Chase Sapphire credit card application
offering 100,000 bonus points is non-transferable. The
Offer Code and Invitation Number included in the mailing
can only be applied to an account belonging to the
recipient of the offer.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any
further questions, please reply using the Secure Message
Center.

Thank you,

Kiranjeet Ratti
Email Customer Service Representative

1-800-493-3319

DO YOU KNOW AT CHASE ONLINE YOU CAN ....
- Gain instant access to view and download your credit
card information.
- See and pay your bill online
- Transfer balances
- Change your address and much more....

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Do people plan to keep this card after the first year is up? $95 annual fee for a card that gives ongoing rewards worse than the fidelity (and other) cards is hard to justify just because it feels and looks cool. Just cancel the account?

How is Chase in switching Sapphire to other cards? I got it for my wife, and have received 100k points when the 50k offer came out, about 2 months ago....what are the chances that if I apply for AARP for her, and, when denied, convince them to reallocate from Sapphire to AARP? Is there any magic period one have to wait after opening new Chase card before doing a product change?

Thanks

Is there an annual fee for this card?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014