• 123 4 59
  • Page
  • Text Only
Interesting. Here's the response I received back from Chase when I asked about the additional 50k points:

As per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000
Chase Sapphire bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in
purchases within 93 days of account open date. These
points will post to your account within one to two billing
cycles.

I feel that every relationship is based on mutual trust
and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
I would like to inform you that, once you have spend
$3000.00 within the first 93 days, you will need to
re-sumbit your request for the additional 50,000 points,
however, make sure that it is within the first 93 days and
we will be happy to have the additional 50,000 points
added to your account.

I got the invitation, ($500 in first 3 months, 100k points) and it's for the preferred card. Are people saying they're getting the 100k points for the regular card too? If it's a card with an annual fee I won't retain it - not worth it.

the first year fee should be waived!

what's email address you sent?

accutronman said:   Interesting. Here's the response I received back from Chase when I asked about the additional 50k points:

As per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000
Chase Sapphire bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in
purchases within 93 days of account open date. These
points will post to your account within one to two billing
cycles.

I feel that every relationship is based on mutual trust
and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
I would like to inform you that, once you have spend
$3000.00 within the first 93 days, you will need to
re-sumbit your request for the additional 50,000 points,
however, make sure that it is within the first 93 days and
we will be happy to have the additional 50,000 points
added to your account.
How much do you put on your Sapphire? I'd imagine you need a good bit of spend for them to drop 50,000 on an existing customer.

fltraveler said:   HI. I just called the number and gave the Invitation number and offer code and the rep wanted the name on letter and zip code. Told him I would call back. Any other
ideas? Have very good credit. Have not churned cards. new to this site. Thank you!
Read the whole thread. This is targeted, but there is a way around it for existing cardmembers.

Applied online yesterday. Just called this morning and was told I am approved . Still waiting for the card to show up on my chase account so I can send the secure message!

somdave2005 said:   Applied online yesterday. Just called this morning and was told I am approved . Still waiting for the card to show up on my chase account so I can send the secure message!
So did you apply for the one with 50K points and $3k spending requirement?

I just got the following message. Seems the additional points are added already.
-----------------
I would first like to take this opportunity to personally
thank you for choosing Chase Sapphire to handle your
financial needs.

As per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000
bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in purchases within
93 days of account open date. These points will post to
your account within one to two billing cycles once this
criteria is fulfilled.

I feel that every relationship is based on mutual trust
and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
As a gesture of commitment to you, I have added additional
50,000 points to the rewards balance on your account.
This adjustment will reflect on your next statement.

You can redeem the 100,000 points in total for a $1,000.00
CashBack. In order to view and redeem your rewards
information online, please follow these steps:

1. Log on to our website at www.ultimaterewards.com and
select your credit card account from the "My Accounts"
page.
2. Click on "Rewards Details" located in the bottom left
corner of the Account Details page.
3. After viewing current reward information, you may also
click on "See Rewards History" for more information or
"Redeem Rewards" to complete a redemption request.

I trust this adjustment brightens your day and hope to see
a long standing relationship with Chase.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

interesting data point: I signed up for the Sapphire sometime over a year ago to get the 25K bonus points. I switched to the Sapphire card without an annual fee about 6 months ago and have been using this card as a daily spender. I decided to send the following message asking them to match the 50K point offer:

"Hello, When I signed up for this card I received 25000
bonus Ultimate Rewards points. I noticed my friend is
receiving 50,000 bonus points for signing up for this
card. Is there any way you can reward me the extra 25,000
points? Thanks."

And received the following within 15 min:

"I am writing in response to your inquiry about 100,000
points on your Chase Sapphire credit card account ending
in XXXX.

I would like to inform you that the promotions offered to
new applicants can change periodically, the promotion
offered by the marketing team can be higher or lower than
the promotion offered each time to new applicants. I
regret to inform you that this offer cannot be extended to
your account.

However, new applications are available on-line at our
secure website. I would request you to please visit our
website referenced below for the most current offers and
terms available:"

I didn't even mention the 100K point offer! They must be getting slammed with emails about this!

somdave2005 said:   Applied online yesterday. Just called this morning and was told I am approved . Still waiting for the card to show up on my chase account so I can send the secure message!
What number did you call?

accutronman said:   Interesting. Here's the response I received back from Chase when I asked about the additional 50k points:

As per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000
Chase Sapphire bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in
purchases within 93 days of account open date. These
points will post to your account within one to two billing
cycles.

I feel that every relationship is based on mutual trust
and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
I would like to inform you that, once you have spend
$3000.00 within the first 93 days, you will need to
re-sumbit your request for the additional 50,000 points
,
however, make sure that it is within the first 93 days and
we will be happy to have the additional 50,000 points
added to your account.
highlight makes me think that they will not add another 50K if you've already been credited 50K. The whole "mutual trust and support" language is apparent in several of the "success" stories posted thus far (mine among them reading "as a gesture of our committment [to you]...").

jackcrawfish said:   accutronman said:   Interesting. Here's the response I received back from Chase when I asked about the additional 50k points:

As per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000
Chase Sapphire bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in
purchases within 93 days of account open date. These
points will post to your account within one to two billing
cycles.

I feel that every relationship is based on mutual trust
and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
I would like to inform you that, once you have spend
$3000.00 within the first 93 days, you will need to
re-sumbit your request for the additional 50,000 points
,
however, make sure that it is within the first 93 days and
we will be happy to have the additional 50,000 points
added to your account.
highlight makes me think that they will not add another 50K if you've already been credited 50K. The whole "mutual trust and support" language is apparent in several of the "success" stories posted thus far (mine among them reading "as a gesture of our committment [to you]...").


Thant's an important point. Do you continue using this one point card for the remainder of the $3000 spend and risk not getting the 2nd 50k, or do you move on and use other, better cards?

bluegreenturtle said:   I got the invitation, ($500 in first 3 months, 100k points) and it's for the preferred card. Are people saying they're getting the 100k points for the regular card too? If it's a card with an annual fee I won't retain it - not worth it.

First year should be waived as mentioned... Either way, $1000+ for $95 is not worth it? About the best you can get with a CC promotion

moonlighter said:   somdave2005 said:   Applied online yesterday. Just called this morning and was told I am approved . Still waiting for the card to show up on my chase account so I can send the secure message!
So did you apply for the one with 50K points and $3k spending requirement?


Yes, the link from the other fatwallet thread on this card. I tried a couple days ago to apply for the 100K offer byu phone but the rep had no idea what I was talking about and only offered 50K points. From everything I've read, it's best to apply for the 50 K offer and then ask for the additional 50 K afterwards.

phxaz05 said:   somdave2005 said:   Applied online yesterday. Just called this morning and was told I am approved . Still waiting for the card to show up on my chase account so I can send the secure message!
What number did you call?


1-888-245-0625

Not relevant, but I do like that Chase doesn't use the generalized fake names for their CS reps that other companies seem to love.

Okay, perhaps a new twist. In the spring, I got the 25,000 point bonus for $3K spend. I wrote yesterday asking Chase to match the 100K points deal. They said no but gave 2,500-point bonus as "a gesture of commitment." Not as good as many have gotten, but a pretty easy score of $25. Thanks OP.

I received my Sapphire card about three weeks ago. I've spent the $3K but have not yet gotten the points or my first statement. I sent a request through the Secure Message Center for the 100K match. Response received ten minutes later saying I would get the extra 50K points. One hour later, they are in my account (history states this is an "adjustment"). I assume the 50K for the original offer will appear some time after I get my first statement.

Shot down!


I would first like to take this opportunity to personally
thank you for choosing Chase Sapphire for meeting your
financial needs.

As per your offer, a new customer will receive 50,000
bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in purchases within
93 days of account open date.

Further, I would like to inform you that, when you apply
for a card, there are various sign up offers given to the
cardmembers which changes from time to time. Regretfully,
I am unable to honor your request for 100,000 bonus points
offer as your account does not qualify for this offer. I
apologize for the inconvenience.

However, if you were sent an invitation for this offer, I
kindly request you to reply to this email using the Secure
Message Center with the invitation code and the offer id,
and either myself or one of my colleagues will be happy to
assist you.

I appreciate your co operation in this matter and value
your association with Chase.

Hm.... suggestions?




Dear XXXXX,

I certainly understand you wish to have the 100,000 bonus
points as a sign up offer on your Chase Sapphire account.

I would like to request you to please provide us with the
invitation ID and the bonus points offer code for the
1,00,000 bonus points promotion for me to process your
request.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in this
matter and waiting for your reply. If you have any
further questions, please reply using the Secure Message
Center.

Thank you,

XXXXXX

Of those who were successful in bumping their bonus, did anyone just apply within the last 3 or 4 days?

Looks like the supervisors/"powers that be" at Chase have cracked down and they are no longer doing upfront matching for folks who applied for the 50k Sapphire Preferred offer. Good thing I jumped on it yesterday!

My denial 2 messages above -- I applied on Sunday and sent message today, as quick as it showed up on the Chase online management system.

beaktor said:   My denial 2 messages above -- I applied on Sunday and sent message today, as quick as it showed up on the Chase online management system.


Crap this is not good. Oh well, 50K is still pretty darn good.

I wrote back again with another nice note, emphasizing my credit card spend, mortgage account for 8+ years, and still got another denial:

Dear XXXX,

I would first like to take this opportunity to personally
thank you for choosing Chase Sapphire for meeting your
financial needs.

As per your offer, a new customer will receive 50,000
bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in purchases within
93 days of account open date.

Further, I would like to inform you that, when you apply
for a card, there are various sign up offers given to the
cardmembers which changes from time to time. Regretfully,
I am unable to honor your request for 100,000 bonus points
offer as your account does not qualify for this offer. I
apologize for the inconvenience.

However, if you were sent an invitation for this offer, I
kindly request you to reply to this email using the Secure
Message Center with the invitation code and the offer id,
and either myself or one of my colleagues will be happy to
assist you.

I appreciate your co operation in this matter and value
your association with Chase. If you have any further
questions, please reply using the Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

XXX

somdave2005 said:   phxaz05 said:   somdave2005 said:   Applied online yesterday. Just called this morning and was told I am approved . Still waiting for the card to show up on my chase account so I can send the secure message!
What number did you call?


1-888-245-0625


I applied yesterday, just called them
they said still under review
call after 2 days

I have 2 Chase Credit Cards, a mortgage, 1 car loan

clutchcargo777 said:   jackcrawfish said:   accutronman said:   Interesting. Here's the response I received back from Chase when I asked about the additional 50k points:

As per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000
Chase Sapphire bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in
purchases within 93 days of account open date. These
points will post to your account within one to two billing
cycles.

I feel that every relationship is based on mutual trust
and support, including one between a bank and a customer.
I would like to inform you that, once you have spend
$3000.00 within the first 93 days, you will need to
re-sumbit your request for the additional 50,000 points
,
however, make sure that it is within the first 93 days and
we will be happy to have the additional 50,000 points
added to your account.
highlight makes me think that they will not add another 50K if you've already been credited 50K. The whole "mutual trust and support" language is apparent in several of the "success" stories posted thus far (mine among them reading "as a gesture of our committment [to you]...").


Thant's an important point. Do you continue using this one point card for the remainder of the $3000 spend and risk not getting the 2nd 50k, or do you move on and use other, better cards?


Since I was only expecting 50,000 points and planning on spending the $3,000, I'll continue using the card. If I get the extra 50k, it's a nice extra I wasn't expecting when I applied for the card.

It's clear from the responses in this thread that Chase must have started matching the 50k offer immediately, got slammed with requests, went to having card members fulfill the conditions for the existing 50k offer before giving the extra 50k, continued to get slammed, and then decided to bring a halt to the offer unless you had a targeted offer.

I was declined as well. I sent a secure message on both my account and my wife’s account and got different reasons for the decline of bumping up to 100,000. For what it’s worth here are the reasons from the two different CSRs.

“Dear XXXXXXXX,

I am writing in response to your e-mail inquiring the
reward scheme currently promoted for Chase Sapphire
customers.

I understand that you have received an offer for 50,000
reward points and would like to receive an offer of
100,000 points. It is never our intention to cause
inconvenience to our customers due to the different
offers. The offer which you received was the offer
promoted at the time of your application.

Further, it is the marketing team which decides such
offers and promotes them for new customers while the
application processes. Keeping the volatility of the
markets in mind, different offers are made available at
different times. Please note that the offer was an
acquisition test offer only and was sent to a select
customers through direct mail. Regretfully, this is a non
transferable offer, therefore, I am unable to honor your
request for 100,000 bonus points as a sign up offer.

I sincerely apologize that I am unable to meet your
expectations in this matter. Nothing would have pleased
me more than to provide the resolution you are seeking.
If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.”

And here is the other one.

"Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

I have received your inquiry with regards to the rewards
offer on your Chase Sapphire account.

I have reviewed your account and would like to inform you
that, the offers keep on changing on a regular basis.
However, please be aware that new applications are
available on-line at our secure website. Please visit our
website referenced below for the most current offers and
terms available:

http://www.Chase.com

However, if you were sent an invitation for this offer, I
kindly request you to reply to this email with the offer
code and the unique invitation number, and either myself
or one of my colleagues will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any
further questions, please reply using the Secure Message
Center."

A combination of FWF effect and a post on mymoneyblog.com (citing FW) probably killed this. The latter explains the new FWF members.

accutronman said:   continued to get slammed, and then decided to bring a halt to the offer unless you had a targeted offerIt can also depend on the CSR. I sent a few messages, got a few denials; waited a day, sent another and got the points.

Well I applied for the 50k card offer gambling on it not dying by the time I get it! Will have to hope... 50k isn't bad either. Am planning on going on a B* run anyways.

Alcibiades said:   accutronman said:   continued to get slammed, and then decided to bring a halt to the offer unless you had a targeted offerIt can also depend on the CSR. I sent a few messages, got a few denials; waited a day, sent another and got the points.

Yeah, that's what I had to do with AMEX, after the 5th or 6th or was it 7th attempt received the points.

I figured it would only be a matter of time before they started cracking down on this. In new management philosophy, the CSRs were "empowered" to create a satisfied client. That lasted 3 days until Chase upper management must have received a report thats said something to the effect, "we have given away several $million in sapphire bonus points in the last 3 days". Holy xxxx, how did that happen, stop giving extra points out immediately.

Now your chance is to either be targeted or find a CSR who just returned to work and has not read the memo that they can't give out the extra points (or one who is planning to leave the company in a couple of days/weeks and doesn't care about the repercussions of giving the points out).

applied yesterday afternoon for the 50k after $3000 and the card appeared in my account online tonight. Called the CSRs @ 1-800-493-3319 and spoke to a cute girl named Helen I think but she shot me down saying that "only a few targeted mailouts were sent for the 100k offer" and that I would need my own invitation code .

Update: Just got my denial letter. Wondering if I should try again tomorrow, but it looks like EVERYONE is getting denied now.

somdave2005 said:   Update: Just got my denial letter. Wondering if I should try again tomorrow, but it looks like EVERYONE is getting denied now.

Same here.

smokeythegreat said:   applied yesterday afternoon for the 50k after $3000 and the card appeared in my account online tonight. Called the CSRs @ 1-800-493-3319 and spoke to a cute girl named Helen I think but she shot me down saying that "only a few targeted mailouts were sent for the 100k offer" and that I would need my own invitation code .

How did you know she was cute? You probably think all sex hot line chicks are cute too eh.

i3ighead said:   smokeythegreat said:   applied yesterday afternoon for the 50k after $3000 and the card appeared in my account online tonight. Called the CSRs @ 1-800-493-3319 and spoke to a cute girl named Helen I think but she shot me down saying that "only a few targeted mailouts were sent for the 100k offer" and that I would need my own invitation code .

How did you know she was cute? You probably think all sex hot line chicks are cute too eh.


her demeanor and tone of voice were cute but it is quite possible she could be a wildebeest.

Hello! Would the 50k Chase Saffire work with the US Mint coins to reach the $3,000 mark or do they treat it as a cash advance?

babaamit said:   bluegreenturtle said:   I got the invitation, ($500 in first 3 months, 100k points) and it's for the preferred card. Are people saying they're getting the 100k points for the regular card too? If it's a card with an annual fee I won't retain it - not worth it.

First year should be waived as mentioned... Either way, $1000+ for $95 is not worth it? About the best you can get with a CC promotion


It's just whether I cancel the card or not.

I hope all you guys haven't screwed the actual deal by calling in...I got my legit application for the 100k/$500 and plan to mail it in and ask if they'll issue a card to my wife under the same offer - for some reason she didn't get the mailing but I do - we usually get them in pairs.

If I can't find anything to spend $3,000 on can I just Paypal myself (or a friend) the money, and take a 3% hit? Does that count as a "purchase"?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.