• Text Only
Psycho41 said:   If I can't find anything to spend $3,000 on can I just Paypal myself (or a friend) the money, and take a 3% hit? Does that count as a "purchase"?

Groceries, monthly recurring bills, gift cards from a retailer which you can use for regular expenses or resell for near 100% of value. Unfortunately, I hit $3K on everyday expenses after 3 weeks - need to reel in the wife.

cheapdad00 said:   ...
I figured it would only be a matter of time before they started cracking down on this. In new management philosophy, the CSRs were "empowered" to create a satisfied client. That lasted 3 days until Chase upper management must have received a report thats said something to the effect, "we have given away several $million in sapphire bonus points in the last 3 days". Holy xxxx, how did that happen, stop giving extra points out immediately.

If you walked past 270 Park Avenue yesterday in NYC, you could hear echoes of a chorus of JPM managers screaming out "D*** YOU FATWALLET FINANCE!"

My check is scheduled to ship today, we'll see...

clutchcargo777 said:   My check is scheduled to ship today, we'll see...

I got $500 deposited into my checking within a day of request.

VK11 said:   clutchcargo777 said:   My check is scheduled to ship today, we'll see...

I saw that it 'could' take 10 days for that transfer so I thought I was playing it safe. If they gave it to you then it looks like they intend on honoring this deal. Great news!

clutchcargo777 said:   VK11 said:   clutchcargo777 said:   My check is scheduled to ship today, we'll see...

I saw that it 'could' take 10 days for that transfer so I thought I was playing it safe. If they gave it to you then it looks like they intend on honoring this deal. Great news!

I have little doubt that they are honoring the deal....once the send out emails indicating that you will get 50k points, and once those points are available to you, I think the chances that you will get them are 99% or so. They always have a disclaimer that it would take some time to get the cash in, but, in practice, it's usually done the following day.

Hunt4Dealz said:   Hello! Would the 50k Chase Saffire work with the US Mint coins to reach the $3,000 mark or do they treat it as a cash advance?

Happy to report that it shows up as a sale, not a cash advance.

LifeAsISeeIt said:   cheapdad00 said:   ...
I figured it would only be a matter of time before they started cracking down on this. In new management philosophy, the CSRs were "empowered" to create a satisfied client. That lasted 3 days until Chase upper management must have received a report thats said something to the effect, "we have given away several $million in sapphire bonus points in the last 3 days". Holy xxxx, how did that happen, stop giving extra points out immediately.

If you walked past 270 Park Avenue yesterday in NYC, you could hear echoes of a chorus of JPM managers screaming out "D*** YOU FATWALLET FINANCE!"

nah theyre probably high fiving over forthcoming bonuses for meeting quotas. it's OPM after all, just pass the buck.

Psycho41 said:   If I can't find anything to spend $3,000 on can I just Paypal myself (or a friend) the money, and take a 3% hit? Does that count as a "purchase"?Sorry to bring this back up, but i was starting to wonder if this kind of thing would work. I have too many cards to run $3000 through just one of them in normal usage. I know i could buy coins,but i am looking for more creative means to do these high spend amounts on CC apps. Please PM any interesting ideas.....THANKS

Fulfilled. Check's in the mail...

Will people never learn........just don't call....ever!

I got the card, submitted the request. We'll see what happens on the match!

Aldebaran3k said:   Will people never learn........just don't call....ever!

I got the card, submitted the request. We'll see what happens on the match!

I'm not sure it's the calls they really did this in but rather the overwhelming requests in general.

Has everybody already received the original 50,000 points also ? So you see 100,000 points already ? I spent the $3000 last week. I sent a secure message and got a reply stating 'I'm already signed up under the 50,000 points promotion which I'm adding to your account'. I see 50,000 points in my a/c. I'm curious to know if it's from the original promotion of spending $3000 or the extra that everybody else is receiving.

didnt see this deal until now. Is it still a go? Is there a straightforward way to get all the advertised points?

uvasag said:   Has everybody already received the original 50,000 points also ? So you see 100,000 points already ? I spent the $3000 last week. I sent a secure message and got a reply stating 'I'm already signed up under the 50,000 points promotion which I'm adding to your account'. I see 50,000 points in my a/c. I'm curious to know if it's from the original promotion of spending $3000 or the extra that everybody else is receiving.

Here's the fine print from the T&Cs of the original application:

START WITH 50,000 BONUS POINTS AFTER YOU SPEND $3,000 IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS
To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make qualifying transactions totaling $3,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Qualifying transactions include purchases, balance transfers, and any checks that are used to access your account, and exclude cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

I spent my $3K two weeks ago, so far only received the extra 50K points from this weekend's "CSRs on crack" point match.

cheapdad00 said:   uvasag said:   Has everybody already received the original 50,000 points also ? So you see 100,000 points already ? I spent the $3000 last week. I sent a secure message and got a reply stating 'I'm already signed up under the 50,000 points promotion which I'm adding to your account'. I see 50,000 points in my a/c. I'm curious to know if it's from the original promotion of spending $3000 or the extra that everybody else is receiving.

To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make qualifying transactions totaling $3,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Qualifying transactions include purchases, balance transfers, and any checks that are used to access your account, and exclude cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

I spent my $3K two weeks ago, so far only received the extra 50K points from this weekend's "CSRs on crack" point match.

That's an acceptable requirement. I thought the total bonus is 100K.

cheapdad00 said:   uvasag said:   Has everybody already received the original 50,000 points also ? So you see 100,000 points already ? I spent the $3000 last week. I sent a secure message and got a reply stating 'I'm already signed up under the 50,000 points promotion which I'm adding to your account'. I see 50,000 points in my a/c. I'm curious to know if it's from the original promotion of spending $3000 or the extra that everybody else is receiving.

Thank you. A previous poster mentioned cashing out $1000 so was wondering.

Well, after getting the reply the other day from Chase that I would get an extra 50K points after I met the spending requirements for the first 50K, they're trying to back out. I sent an email today indicating I had hit the $3k spend level. As such, I met my side of the bargain, they needed to meet their's and credit me a total of 100K. Got an email back indicating "sorry, targeted offer...blah, blah, blah...you only get 50K." Just got off the phone with CSR having them open an inquiry into where my extra points are and why Chase is potentially a bunch of liars. We'll see what happens.

accutronman said:   Well, after getting the reply the other day from Chase that I would get an extra 50K points after I met the spending requirements for the first 50K, they're trying to back out. I sent an email today indicating I had hit the $3k spend level. As such, I met my side of the bargain, they needed to meet their's and credit me a total of 100K. Got an email back indicating "sorry, targeted offer...blah, blah, blah...you only get 50K." Just got off the phone with CSR having them open an inquiry into where my extra points are and why Chase is potentially a bunch of liars. We'll see what happens.

That sucks... I wonder if Chase will take away the 50K points after spending $3000 for people already got the 50K adjustment through the secure email... Hope not!!!

I just applied for the card and it showed up in my chase account today. I got denied the 50,000 extra points as well. They responded to my request in probably under two hours.

tchen811 said:   accutronman said:   Well, after getting the reply the other day from Chase that I would get an extra 50K points after I met the spending requirements for the first 50K, they're trying to back out. I sent an email today indicating I had hit the $3k spend level. As such, I met my side of the bargain, they needed to meet their's and credit me a total of 100K. Got an email back indicating "sorry, targeted offer...blah, blah, blah...you only get 50K." Just got off the phone with CSR having them open an inquiry into where my extra points are and why Chase is potentially a bunch of liars. We'll see what happens.

That sucks... I wonder if Chase will take away the 50K points after spending $3000 for people already got the 50K adjustment through the secure email... Hope not!!!

Seems clear from their reply to me (via secure mail) that the 50K "bonus" points are in addition to the original 50K offer.

"...As per the offer on your account, you will receive 50,000 Chase Sapphire bonus points after spending $3,000.00 in purchases within 93 days of account open date. These points will post to your account within one to two billing cycles.

I feel that every relationship is based on mutual trust and support, including one between a bank and a customer. As a gesture of commitment to you, I have added additional 50,000 points to the rewards balance on your account. This adjustment will reflect on your next statement.

You can redeem the 100,000 points in total for a $1,000.00 CashBack. In order to view and redeem your rewards information online, please follow these steps..."

Did you just get that reply yesterday or earlier in the week?

bpfremm22 said:   Did you just get that reply yesterday or earlier in the week?

Earlier this week during the good old days (i.e. the first day of this thread).

smithr4 said:   bpfremm22 said:   Did you just get that reply yesterday or earlier in the week?

I got the same reply at about the same time.

smithr4 said:   bpfremm22 said:   Did you just get that reply yesterday or earlier in the week?

That was the reply I received as well (on sunday I believe). I need to print the message out in case they do some sort of message deletion to try to snuff out the additional bonus.

cheapdad00 said:   smithr4 said:   bpfremm22 said:   Did you just get that reply yesterday or earlier in the week?

That was the reply I received as well (on sunday I believe). I need to print the message out in case they do some sort of message deletion to try to snuff out the additional bonus.

I took screen shots. But I do that with everything.

I recently received a pre-approved mail for the Chase Sapphire card offering 50k Bonus Points for $500(as opposed to $3k) spent within 3 months. Do you guys think I have a chance in increasing the offer to 100k BP if I get the card?

Also, as a college student. Would I be better off with a Freedom card instead if I wanted to maximize rewards?

edit: Does Sapphire feature the online shopping to earn up to 10% Cash Back similar to Freedom?

which credit report gets pulled with this?

For those who got a "courtesy" 50K, we might be safe! I got my extra 50K during the weekend where the CSRs were still handing out points. My statement ended on 6/24. I met my 3K spending req during that period and Chase gave me 3K (based on my spending for that statement period) and another 50K (103K total).

I hope others are getting this as well.

ironchef16 said:   For those who got a "courtesy" 50K, we might be safe! I got my extra 50K during the weekend where the CSRs were still handing out points. My statement ended on 6/24. I met my 3K spending req during that period and Chase gave me 3K (based on my spending for that statement period) and another 50K (103K total).

So the other 50K posted for you as well ? Mine still shows 53,000 (50,000 from CS + 3,000 from the spent money).

Yea, the other 50K posted as well. I'm not sure if this matters or not, but I transferred the initial 50K bonus to CO as a precaution in case Chase decided to take back the initial 50K.

ironchef16 said:   For those who got a "courtesy" 50K, we might be safe! I got my extra 50K during the weekend where the CSRs were still handing out points. My statement ended on 6/24. I met my 3K spending req during that period and Chase gave me 3K (based on my spending for that statement period) and another 50K (103K total).

That's good to hear!

1. Applied online. Got rejected
2. Waited for rejection letter to know the reason. ( Too many accounts with us in recent time ( 3 accounts recently))
3. Called 1-800-955-9296. Transferred to Lending department.
4. Requested for reallocating the credit from existing card. Got approved.
5. Card in a mail.

1) applied 4 days ago- got the wait 10 days message
2) look online today at my chase acct (freedom) and I see they approved the new sapphire
3) Sticker shock, they gave me an 18k credit limit.. Are they being generous to all or did I just get lucky?
4) No word on the points yet but 3k is fairly easy to charge up- I'll keep you all informed if they decide to play nice and match

FWIW, I called the toll-free, and the CSRs refused to speak about S6V; they will not even confirm if the offer is valid unless they are given an Invitation Number. I chose to not go the "apply for 50k points" route- but that is probably the only option left, if you are willing to notch up $3k spending in 3 months.

I should find out in the next few days. My (first) statement closing date is Friday and I have accumulated in excess of $3K in spend.

I just filled out me application and it got accepted for the 50,000 points. I was going to try to email them and ask for the 100,000 program but do I need to wait to get my card before I email them or can I do it now before I receive the card in the mail?

I just filled out me application and it got accepted for the 50,000 points. I was going to try to email them and ask for the 100,000 program but do I need to wait to get my card before I email them or can I do it now before I receive the card in the mail?

heff45 said:   I just filled out me application and it got accepted for the 50,000 points. I was going to try to email them and ask for the 100,000 program but do I need to wait to get my card before I email them or can I do it now before I receive the card in the mail?

The party for additional 50k points is over

RonK said:   ironchef16 said:   For those who got a "courtesy" 50K, we might be safe! I got my extra 50K during the weekend where the CSRs were still handing out points. My statement ended on 6/24. I met my 3K spending req during that period and Chase gave me 3K (based on my spending for that statement period) and another 50K (103K total).

I should find out in the next few days. My (first) statement closing date is Friday and I have accumulated in excess of $3K in spend.

My statement posted at 8p EST tonight and within an hour, I had another 53,000 points in my account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014