• 156 7 89
  • Page
  • Text Only
I received all 100,000 points from this offer.

Off topic, I've received more compliments on the Sapphire Card than all my other cards combined. Ever. It does feel cool; very weighty in the hand. They certainly have a good marketing gimmick there.

If you don't mind saying what did you say in your email to them. My wife was offered the invitation so I opened that card for her but in my case I am planning to open the card for $500 offer and then email them and try and get the offer for myself.

I see the 50,000 points that were promised with the initial sign up offer posted to my account once the statement closed. I was lucky enough to see the OPs post early enough to inquire about the additional 50,000 points which they did honor for me via a secure email.

Just about every person that handles the card for payment comments on the uniqueness of the card with the number on the back and it being so much heavier than other cards. I just tell them that is because there is so much money backing the account (thanks to Chase's generosity) and they usually laugh.

Credituser said:   I see the 50,000 points that were promised with the initial sign up offer posted to my account once the statement closed. I was lucky enough to see the OPs post early enough to inquire about the additional 50,000 points which they did honor for me via a secure email.

Just about every person that handles the card for payment comments on the uniqueness of the card with the number on the back and it being so much heavier than other cards. I just tell them that is because there is so much money backing the account (thanks to Chase's generosity) and they usually laugh.

I just tell them that the larger the balance on my card the heavier it gets

And when it goes over the credit limit the card becomes so fat that it can't even be swiped!

I like that response better, I will have to try that one!

apollo2203 said:   If you don't mind saying what did you say in your email to them. My wife was offered the invitation so I opened that card for her but in my case I am planning to open the card for $500 offer and then email them and try and get the offer for myself.

The additional 50,000 points is no longer valid.

deleted!

2nd $500 check arrived in the mail today - WOOT!!!!

orthros said:   I received all 100,000 points from this offer.

Off topic, I've received more compliments on the Sapphire Card than all my other cards combined. Ever. It does feel cool; very weighty in the hand. They certainly have a good marketing gimmick there.

save all your accolades, just the dough ... sapphire certainly looks cool, but i prefer the elite status of whipping out an obscure 2% or 5% card that can only be recognized by other cognoscenti and masterminds ... not that it has ever happened but i'm hoping for such a moment one day. just a grudging nod, no words, like something from the old west...

that said, i'm keeping an eye out for any 100k offer letters from chase ...

ugh ... customer service is in India.

Because AMEX is not.... that is the one and only reason I'm willing to pay their astronomical annual fees.

Also because they bend ass over backwards all the time.

What was the Chase email address you used? What specifically was your reasoning for asking the offer to be matched?

sharmam99 said:   What was the Chase email address you used? What specifically was your reasoning for asking the offer to be matched?

What part of "The additional 50,000 points is no longer valid" don't you understand????

dynastyjokah said:   ugh ... customer service is in India.Not true, actually. Sapphire has a different customer service line. They're somewhere in the U.S. (forget where exactly) but they've always been tremendously helpful whenever I've needed anything. Wait times are virtually non-existent as well... So much better than the standard Chase card services line, although it would be nice if they had bonus rewards for being a checking customer, much like the Freedom/Slate get. Despite having a higher limit and better perks, I'll normally reach for my Freedom over my Sapphire just for the extra Cash Back...

Check for $1,030 mailed today. Thank you Fatwallet and Chase.

Would you mind giving more details for how you got the better deal. Did you wait until you met the requirements for the old deal (spend 3000), pay your bill in full, and then ask or just ask right away?

apollo2203 said:   Would you mind giving more details for how you got the better deal. Did you wait until you met the requirements for the old deal (spend 3000), pay your bill in full, and then ask or just ask right away?

What part of the 'deal expired' don't you understand???

Hi! I think this is targeted for 100K. is the 50K also targeted ? Can someone please provide the public link, I looked through the first page and didn't see one. Thanks.

Looks like the 50K offer is dead. Link doesnt work anymore.

All I did was google Chase Shappire Preferred...

http://www.getchasesapphire.com/preferred/50?CELL=6RRW&MSC=IQ350...

Thanks tchen811. I don't have access to Ultimate Rewards presently, will I be able to redeem 50k points for cash ? I have always been after direct Cash Back rather than trying to maximize travel points.

Yes you can convert the points to cash. If you have a Chase account, you can transfer directly to the bank account.

With US Mint Shutting down credit card orders. Any easier way to spend $3k to get 50k points.

apande said:   With US Mint Shutting down credit card orders. Any easier way to spend $3k to get 50k points.

give it to me.

I just applied to the regular Chase Sapphire (not Preferred) and got approved. Can I apply to the Preferred one as well? Do I need to wait N days and maybe spent $500 on it first (and get the 10,000 points)? Thanks!!

LifeAsISeeIt said:   MrNoob said:   I just applied to the regular Chase Sapphire (not Preferred) and got approved. Can I apply to the Preferred one as well? Do I need to wait N days and maybe spent $500 on it first (and get the 10,000 points)? Thanks!!

This deal is dead, bro.

The Chase Sapphire Preferred spend $3K and get 50K points is not dead. See my link in my post above.

Yea does anyone know good way to spend 3000 in 3 months, since the coin route is no longer working?

Donate money to the charity of your choice.
Can't get much better than that.

tchen811 said:   LifeAsISeeIt said:   MrNoob said:   I just applied to the regular Chase Sapphire (not Preferred) and got approved. Can I apply to the Preferred one as well? Do I need to wait N days and maybe spent $500 on it first (and get the 10,000 points)? Thanks!!

This deal is dead, bro.

The Chase Sapphire Preferred spend $3K and get 50K points is not dead. See my link in my post above.

Does that mean I can apply to Sapphire Preferred soon (e.g. a few days) after applying to Sapphire regular?

FunkyGonz said:   Yea does anyone know good way to spend 3000 in 3 months, since the coin route is no longer working?

Pay rent online, transfer all normal spending to the card, use am@zon payments...

Just FYI received offer today, applied and got approved. Tried to have husband apply - absolutely no one who did not receive invitation can get the 100k bonus. At least they're still offering the offer but only by invitation.

emmsmom said:   absolutely no one who did not receive invitation can get the 100k bonus."

lol, sorry I got confused, so if you didn't receive the offer can you get it?

protrek said:   emmsmom said:   absolutely no one who did not receive invitation can get the 100k bonus."

lol, sorry I got confused, so if you didn't receive the offer can you get it?

100k deal is dead, the 50k deal is apparently still alive.

I got in on the 50k deal. Sweet.

Just received this offer in the mail today (100k bonus points). Literature says no annual fee, as well (not waived, just "None").

kevpriest said:   Just received this offer in the mail today (100k bonus points). Literature says no annual fee, as well (not waived, just "None").

in snail mail ? or email ?

Snail Mail. Big package, about the size of a DVD box.

kevpriest said:   Just received this offer in the mail today (100k bonus points). Literature says no annual fee, as well (not waived, just "None").

Care to share any more of the terms?

Sure:

APR 13.24% This will vary with the market based on Prime Rate
Balance Transfer APR 13.24%
Cash Advance APR 19.24%
Penalty APR 29.99%
Payment Due 21 days after close of cycle
Fees:
Annual Fees: None
Balance Transfers: $10 or 5%, whichever is greater
Cash Advances: $10 or 5%, whichever is greater
Foreign Transactions: 3% in US dollars

Anything in particular you were interested in? I'm not really planning on using this card for balance transfers or foreign transactions, we don't carry balances unless there's a compelling reason to do so (special BT rates or such), so didn't really consider those that important at this time.

Thanks!
KevPriest

thnx so it sounds like this is for the regular sapphire and not the preferred? Is there a bonus id or something like that on the letter?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014