• 1567 8 9
  • Page
  • Text Only
FunkyGonz said:   Yea does anyone know good way to spend 3000 in 3 months, since the coin route is no longer working?

Open PNC bank virtual wallet account and fund with 2K via CC. Score $100 bonus along the way if you had no accounts with them in the last 3 months, can set up a DD of $750 and make 10 non-PIN transactions with PNC debit card. See link in the WIKI.

My statement cut today, got the original 50K points promised in the Chase Sapphire Preferred promotion I signed up for. I had also gotten the 50K match. Needless to say, I cashed them out ASAP.

Cashed out my points and balance paid off. Next step for me is to cancel the card. Has anyone called to cancel and been offered points to keep it open? If so, what did you say and how many points were you offered?

ogg said:   Cashed out my points and balance paid off. Next step for me is to cancel the card. Has anyone called to cancel and been offered points to keep it open? If so, what did you say and how many points were you offered?

I'd be curious if anyone was successful in getting in converted to a regular Sapphire card. I got a pretty decent CL, so wouldn't mind holding onto it if I didn't have to deal with an AF.

Not true, actually. Sapphire has a different customer service line. They're somewhere in the U.S. (forget where exactly) but they've always been tremendously helpful whenever I've needed anything. Wait times are virtually non-existent as well... So much better than the standard Chase card services line, although it would be nice if they had bonus rewards for being a checking customer, much like the Freedom/Slate get. Despite having a higher limit and better perks, I'll normally reach for my Freedom over my Sapphire just for the extra Cash Back...

Chase does have a huge call center in Springfield, Missouri. Do not know a direct number for them unfortunately.

i just got the box in the mail as well, same terms as describe earlier

100,000 points for $500 in first 3 months

no annual fee

the offer code on the letter is X1P

oh and it's just "chase sapphire" not preferred

abscess said:   i just got the box in the mail as well, same terms as describe earlier

100,000 points for $500 in first 3 months

no annual fee

the offer code on the letter is X1P

oh and it's just "chase sapphire" not preferred

wow..Chase must be desperate to get people on their credit cards.

What email address did you send it to? and do you have the regular card or preferred? I think the 100,000 points offer is for the preferred card, but I only have the regular one, but I had also signed up for the 50,000 for spending $3,000. Any thoughts?

I'm in the same situation with the 50,000 offer for $3,000. What email did you send it to and do you have the preferred card or regular card?

my wife just got the box for the regular card, no annual fee, 100,000 points in the mail. I have the preferred card with the 100k and an annual fee.

bverly said:   What email address did you send it to? and do you have the regular card or preferred? I think the 100,000 points offer is for the preferred card, but I only have the regular one, but I had also signed up for the 50,000 for spending $3,000. Any thoughts?

Not sure what you mean, the new 100k point offer is targeted mail. The 'old' 100K offer where you send a message is no longer valid.

Up, up, Can someone post a link for this 100k - non-preferred offer or can you (abscess) post that offer

Offer: X1P

No annual Fee 100,000 Bonus Points.

Hgrunt, how do we use that offer? Do we need to call in? Can it be done online?

if anyone is interested, i can offer more than $1 cash per 100 points for sapphire preferred points - PM me if you are interested

I know the deal is supposedly over but it never hurts to check! Here's the response I got:

Thank you for your interest in the Chase Sapphire bonus
points offer.

The 100,000 bonus points offer was made through a small
direct mail test and is non-transferable. The Offer Code
and 12 digit Invitation Number included in the mailing can
only be applied to the recipient?s account. If you are
not listed as the addressee of the mailing, we will be
unable to apply the offer to your account. I understand
you may be disappointed and I am sincerely sorry for any
confusion. Please know that we will consider reviewing
the terms of other offers you receive in the future.

I appreciate the opportunity to provide this information
to you and if you have any further questions, please reply
using the Secure Message Center.

So they said no but hinted that I could try negotiating again if I got an offer from them.

Got the exact response - looks like someone cut and paste this generic response!! And the following:

Dear XXXXX,

As indicated in our previous response, the Chase Sapphire
credit card application offering 100,000 bonus points is
non-transferable. The offer is by invitation only and we
are unable to apply the offer to an account that does not
belong to the recipient of the mailing.

Unless you can provide the unique Invitation Number
included on the direct mail sent to you, we are
considering this issue closed. We regret any
inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank You,

Cheryl Manning
E-mail Customer Service Representative

Can I get this offer of 100000 points now?

Can anyone comment on doing this: http://lifehacker.com/5835072/use-amazon-webpay-to-meet-rewards-card-minimum-spending-requirements

Will chase consider this a cash advance or some other thing that won't count towards the $3k needed?

mods needs to close this thread...

jpofsiny said:   rxblitzrx said:   Can anyone comment on doing this: http://lifehacker.com/5835072/use-amazon-webpay-to-meet-rewards-...

Will chase consider this a cash advance or some other thing that won't count towards the $3k needed?

Wondering the same myself...

Terms state the following:
"Term: Cash-like Transactions
What It Means: The following transactions will be treated as cash advances: ....making a payment using a third party service"

Does this mean that if I use Amazon webpay that I am going to incur the fees:
"Cash Advances: Either $10 or 5% of the the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater" ?

Has anyone used Amazon Webpay with their Sapphire Preferred? If so, were you charged as per the terms above?

I'd rather find out online rather than calling Chase, in case they are unaware of this service and I would rather keep it that way so that we can use it to our advantage. Thanks so much in advance for your time, effort, and assistance. It is so greatly appreciated.

Why don't you just effing try a small transaction and see? Or, I guess you could ruin it for everyone by threatening to call chase.

does chase ever offer leeway on the spending amount/deadline?

I am $40 short b/c my wife returned something!!

how long does it take to get the 50k points after the 3k statement is paid off?

kooshball said:   how long does it take to get the 50k points after the 3k statement is paid off?

For me it's on the statement once the $3K spend is met.

DELETED

can anybody who has the card confirm if transfer points to BA is still available? Also how long does it take to transfer points to airline programs?

boniam said:   can anybody which has the card confirm if transfer points to BA is still available? Also how long does it take to transfer points to airline programs?

BA still shows up as a transfer option by me

Just got my 50K points.

This is not dead. Got an offer the other day valid through Nov 11

Edit: Double Post, oops

kenm1chaud said:   This is not dead. Got an offer the other day valid through Nov 11

That's targeted. If you read the thread, what is dead is people getting the additional 50K points without the targeted offer.

Do you have to wait the whole 3 months for the points or it is done immediately after you hit the required spending. I am in a hurry to book a flight.

You hit the required spending and should wait for the statement to be generated to get the points. At least that is what happened to me.

you have to be a bit brain damaged for NOT taking up this offer that is about 8 nights to Hyatt category 3 hotels such as Grand Hyatt in Taipei many decent Hyatt Regency in Far east and North America only costs 8000 points

Has anyone applied recently (say Sep or Oct'11) and was still successful in getting the additional 50K miles using this offer code S6V?

I spent 3,000 w/in the 3 months and I do not see the 50,000 reward points. How do I go about asking to redeem it?

Oregano12345 said:   I spent 3,000 w/in the 3 months and I do not see the 50,000 reward points. How do I go about asking to redeem it?

Call the number on the back of your card?

Oregano12345 said:   I spent 3,000 w/in the 3 months and I do not see the 50,000 reward points. How do I go about asking to redeem it?

Has your billing period closed? If not, wait until you get your statement.

If you transfer the points to an airline or sell them you can get even more cash than 1000/100,000 points

How to sell them without worry of being scammed?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.