• 15678 9
  • Page
  • Text Only
Does anyone know best partner program I can transfer my points to to make best bang for my buck? I have approximately 90,000 between Sapphire Preferred and Chase Freedom sign-up bonuses...

Anyone get their 7% bonus? Remember, it was supposed to be on total points, not spend. It should include the 103k points (give or take) we earned. Also, it was supposed to be paid on calendar year, not 12 months after signup.

clutchcargo777 said:   Anyone get their 7% bonus? Remember, it was supposed to be on total points, not spend. It should include the 103k points (give or take) we earned. Also, it was supposed to be paid on calendar year, not 12 months after signup.

I have not gotten mine it- fine print says Jan or Feb statement. I has not shown up on my Jan statement.

clutchcargo777 said:   Anyone get their 7% bonus? Remember, it was supposed to be on total points, not spend. It should include the 103k points (give or take) we earned. Also, it was supposed to be paid on calendar year, not 12 months after signup.

My Jan 13 statement has a "courtesy adjustment" in the amount of 1491 points. Can only imagine that this adjustment is the 7% bonus. In my case, the 100K points was clearly NOT used in the bonus calculation.

Interesting... My statement cuts on the 4th and isn't showing it. Maybe next months.

My statement cuts in a few days but I just got an email saying I have earned 3725 points based on my 53,200 points earned. So they counted the first 50k points for the 7% but not the "extra" 50k we got.

I'm in the market if anyone is willing to sell some points. PM is open

I just got email today with subject "You've earned a points dividend" and it included the 7% annual points earned.

I don't understand my email at all:

Chase said: 7% Annual Points Dividend earned: 7,995 points

Your 7% annual points dividend has posted to your account and can be viewed on your January or February 2012 statements.

Points Balance as of December 2011 statement: 61,142 points

I got the 2 x 50,000 bonus points opening this account this summer and promptly requested and cashed my $1000 check.

If I take that "61,142" point total, add 50,000 to it and multiply by 7%, I get close to that 7,995 dividend number.

Regardless, my account only shows ~5000 points sitting in it currently, so I suppose I have to wait until the next statement cut to actually get the points..

cKGunslinger said:   I don't understand my email at all:

Chase said: 7% Annual Points Dividend earned: 7,995 points

Your 7% annual points dividend has posted to your account and can be viewed on your January or February 2012 statements.

Points Balance as of December 2011 statement: 61,142 points

I got the 2 x 50,000 bonus points opening this account this summer and promptly requested and cashed my $1000 check.

If I take that "61,142" point total, add 50,000 to it and multiply by 7%, I get close to that 7,995 dividend number.

Regardless, my account only shows ~5000 points sitting in it currently, so I suppose I have to wait until the next statement cut to actually get the points..

Ummm... Were you supposed to get 100k points or did call in early and get the extra 50k tacked on before they shut that trick down? If so I'd count your blessings...

Wife received the email and she earned 7% on the 53,460 points she earned = 3742 points. Points have not yet posted to her account. [She did not receive the extra 50K] I have not yet been notified on my Sapphire card (I received the card a month before she did and did receive the extra 50K points].

cheapdad00 said:   Wife received the email and she earned 7% on the 53,460 points she earned = 3742 points. Points have not yet posted to her account. [She did not receive the extra 50K] I have not yet been notified on my Sapphire card (I received the card a month before she did and did receive the extra 50K points].

Just received my 7% bonus. And it was on the entire 100K points.

cheapdad00 said:   cheapdad00 said:   Wife received the email and she earned 7% on the 53,460 points she earned = 3742 points. Points have not yet posted to her account. [She did not receive the extra 50K] I have not yet been notified on my Sapphire card (I received the card a month before she did and did receive the extra 50K points].

Just received my 7% bonus. And it was on the entire 100K points.

As did I. This is certainly my best single CC deal of 2011.

Wife just got her points. Wonder why the delay... ?

Just got ours (7% bonus) too. Weird.

Wow, $1,070 from opening an account and making a $1 purchase at McDonald's. I actually feel guilty about this one.

Chase made $19 billion in profit last year, largely by exploiting people's lack of financial discipline. Try not to feel too bad

Psycho41 said:   Chase made $19 billion in profit last year, largely by exploiting people's lack of financial discipline. Try not to feel too bad

Hate to revive an old thread, but my AF free year is drawing to a close and I wanted to post that I just called Chase and had no problem switching my preferred card to the standard
card that has no AF.

Thank you for the assurance!

Papp

orthros said:   Just got ours (7% bonus) too. Weird.

Wow, $1,070 from opening an account and making a $1 purchase at McDonald's. I actually feel guilty about this one.

Through a combo of selling and redeeming I turned our (2 cards) 200,000 points into:
A Samsung 6000 series LED TV ($900 retail)
A Sony streamer as a gift ($50)
2 round trip plane tickets to hawaii (about $1200)
and sold the rest for $1300 cash.

And converted my preferred to regular card hassle free. Say what you will about Chase (and I do!) but it was a killer deal.

I just got a snail mail from Chase saying there was an error in the way they calculated the 7% and that they were adding an additional 4200 pts. The letter did go on to explain
that the 7% dividend would not include points earned via promotional bonus's (maybe in the future?) I checked online and they aren't there yet. Weird.

Waiting for this deal to come back ...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014