• Text Only
I signed my letter immediately with 'Echo Sigh' a couple months ago. I mean immediately, yet it said I wasn't in the first group... that must mean they didn't send out my letter in time for me to ewven be in this first group bs...

so, they will maybe pay someday... why do they treat people differently, shouldn't everyone get the checks at the same time, or are some people more qual than others?

I agree with one of the other people who posted. I signed and sent my acceptance the same day I received it from WGC, yet they stated I wasn't a part of the first group. What I would like to know and see proof of is the recipient list of those that were paid in group one because I think WGC are a bunch of liars. I know the $200 (amount after deductions) may not seem like a lot of money to some, but to me it will help a great deal. What I have done was submitted a letter to Texas Attorney General to investigate this firm because something smells quite fishy. Waiting on a reply and I will update once rec.

I received the email on the 17th and accepted on the 17th, but was told I wasn't in the first group (huh?????????)I don't get it. I have contacted Texas Attorney General to follow up on a complaint I submitted in regards to this law firm because I am certain they are doing some underhanded, B.S., illegal, stuff.

TextHere's the things fellow waiting clients, these guys are using that money, and multiplying it while I set here with my Gas turned off, and they are ALWAYS to busy to answer their phone and tell you to leave A message. Using the Money for their own benefit is Exactly what Carey and Danis did with the Bextra disbursment !! How are we protected ?????

TextHere's the things fellow waiting clients, these guys are using that money, and multiplying it while I set here with my Gas turned off, and they are ALWAYS to busy to answer their phone and tell you to leave A message. Using the Money for their own benefit is Exactly what Carey and Danis did with the Bextra disbursment !! How are we protected ?????

I am in Group 2 although replying the same day as the "Good News" 443.00 settlement offer and (Ryan Thompson, Esq an atty. for Watts Guerra Craft LLP) strongly advised that I accept this offer ( a kind of legalistic coercion, which if the remedy was not provided, the settlement proffered) is a kind of misleading and deceptive practice for a state barred attorney to utilize. Consequently, I am filing a Formal Complaint with the court which approved this Settlement as detrimental to the real Plaintiff Class Action and against his State Bar Number personally. He claims he is working diligently to get Group 2 paid although no meaningful communication to this effect, or proof, just Empty Promises. Par for the course.

Has ANYONE yet received payment from this settlement. I did follow the steps exactly and I, myself, have been adversely affected by Trans Union. I have been waiting for months and cannot get a legitimate contact to this law firm. I am very worried that I have given personal information which may compromise my credit rating even more and have just been taken!

i have not received a check please reply to vggaines55@yahoo.com i signed the echo mail for the 443.00 settlement

My trusting is in those lawyers that have foughted for our sttlements checks. Please be in cantacting with me also, i found this sight through the interwebs and wish to get a check. I was the VERY firstest to say give it to me judges!

Thanks you mouches, and peace to all that believe we have been wrongedededed. Laywers ROCK (I slept with one once)!

woohoo, free money for checking my mails-boxes!!!

(OMG, I am so ashamed)...

I haven't received mine yet either and I accepted the offer immediately as well. I just called their office at (877) 630-0939 and talked to Christy. She said she'll have someone call me back. If I haven't heard from anyone by Monday, I'm calling back until I get an answer. Squeeky door gets the oil...

I called (877) 630-0939 yesterday and left a message, got a response this morning. They said funds will start being disbursed in three weeks.

I call over a month ago and was told that I was in the second group which will be disburse in September. It's now October. I call got voice-mailed left message however this was strange to me because is the past I was always able to contact them on the spot.

Awesome to know, thanks! And to anyone who's worried this is a scam...I highly doubt it. Over my years I have been part of a few of these and they always pan out. I know we're all broke, but look at it this way, it's money found.

I got an email explaining that a prolonged appeal process will be likely as they try to sort it out between the parties. I got placed into the second group of plaintiffs, so given how the legal process drags things on in a never ending manner, I don't expect to see any resolution any time soon.

I was placed in the second group as well, and I sent my response right away. Each time I call the time is expanded and this smells very much like a scam. If the courts released the money once, what is the hold up now?

Complaints Against Your Lawyer?

Join me and others in filing a complaint with the Texas Bar Association. Read the footnotes and comments from the Judge in this case. WGC Law Firm won't be able to hide behind the curtain when called upon the carpet by the Texas Bar Association. Let the chips fall where they fall. At least they will be forced to provide answers and held accountable for their egregious actions. http://www.texasbar.com

Here are some examples of lawyer conduct that may violate the disciplinary rules:*

My attorney does not return my phone calls, emails, or letters.
My attorney failed to appear in court or has missed deadlines.
I've called my attorney many times, but cannot get any information about my case.
My attorney refuses to return my file even though I have asked for it.
My attorney seems to have a substance abuse problem that affects his ability to practice.
My case has settled but my attorney has not paid me my part of the settlement.

How to File a Complaint: Read the steps and what to expect when you file a complaint.

Contact a Chief Disciplinary Counsel (CDC) Office: Read about the CDC and contact an office in your area.

OK, So I took the settlement offer. WHEN DO THE CHECKS COME OUT!!!!!!!!!! Did you keep ALL odf it???? Carole Callahan

ok i have been told several things. one - i would get my check for a whole 200.00 by oct. when that was past i was told it could be months or yrs. then i was told it could be a matter of months. so what am i to believe. its like i said to them i think they are full of it and this settlement is a big crock. but again they reasured me that it was real and i would get the money.

I signed the first day and my mail comes at 9:00am, I was still put in group 2, and no info on when I will get a check as of today 11-30-2011

I think it is ALL a big LIE, there were 68k people in on this class action, and Transunion knew after the verdict EXACTLY how much they owed, WHY was there more than 1 group? They owe all 68k people the same thing, in my opinion that would NOT be hard to figure, 68,000 X $443.00, I think it WAS paid, and the ATTYs are using it to multiply their take ! A judge would not approve only Part of the people in a class action, that's what a class action is,,, all clients get the exact same thing, Does the word Discrimination come to mind ????

68,000 X $443.00 = $30,124,000.00 there's the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I moved in the middle of this, and I've yet to receive a check, though I was selected in group one. I had a forwarding address, still nothing. I'll be calling tomorrow. However, I wanted to clear up some information I found while trying to understand all this. The numbers being thrown around here are outrageous, so I went and did the math myself. While there is a lot of money to be had by the attorneys here (and I make no claims to the attorney's good/bad intentions), the facts show that the numbers are much more modest.

So, there was a 2008 Class Action that was settled, and right at the end the statute of limitations for the case was extended to Sept 2010. This extension limited new plaintiffs to individual post-settlement claims (PSC). The "Settlement Class" are those plaintiffs who settled in 2008. According to judge's briefs there was never an intent to allow mass-action like this after the original settlement. However, the attorneys have followed the rules of the Final Approval Order in their (PSC Plaintiffs') filing. Folks joining the suit after 2008 must take this provision to take part in the suit. Note that while the settlements have been conducted in bulk fashion, these are individual actions, not part of the original class action settlement. However, they do qualify legally as part of the certified class. The group is collectively called the PSC Plaintiffs. Most attorneys involved were not part of the original class action suit. What is at stake is a $75,000,000 fund TransUnion was ordered to create to settle the charges.

There was quite a bit of controversy over a couple of the Settlement Class' firms and attorney's fees. Some outright fraud, some just ethically questionable. In the end a review was done and specific percentages were set for the Settlement Class' attorney's fees by the court (~25%). These rules don't apply to PSC attorneys. If you filed a PSC, it's likely you're being charged 45-50% of your award in fees. Following judge's briefs have stated that they believe these later moves into the suit to be worse unethical actions conducted by some attorneys targeting the $75 million settlement fund without the fee restrictions. (See http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/iln... ) However, it goes on to note that, being individual actions, the court must take each filing at face value, not adding unstated meaning to the suit. Also note that since these are individual actions you have every right to cancel your agreement with TransUnion and seek relief through another attorney . Since you are not in the class settlement this is YOUR case. However, at least according to my attorney's agreement, if I decide to not go along with the agreement, they will excuse themselves from the litigation. Probably better all the same. If one decided to sue them further, or if they ended up in the so called "Group 2" or non-qualified, one might want a trial attorney.

Total Number of PSC plaintiffs (Each case filed individually): 68832

Total Number of law firms in case: 21 (WGC in only one of these, they do not represent all plaintiffs. However, the 21 are collectively referred to as WGC)

Total # of Plaintiffs Identified as Qualified PSC's by TransUnion: 63083
(See http://www.tuclaim.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/TUCSAforWeb1.p... Page 8 for qualifications)

Total Current Settlement Offer: $5,869,750 (13250 plaintiffs) ($412 + $31 x 13250)
(This is contingent on TransUnion getting approval from the court to be reimbursed from the $75 million Fund. If they don't get that approval this settlement is void)

Total WGC Court Fee Recovery: $410,750 ($31 x 13250)
Total WGC Attorney Fee To Collect: $2,456,550 ($185.40 x 13250) (Fee is 45% of $412)
Total WGC E-Sign Fee To Collect: $265,000 ($20 x 13250)

Total WGC Revenue Collected: $3,132,300
E-Sign costs: $1,392,160 ($20 x 69608)
Court costs: $2,227,456 ($31 x 69608) (776 duplicates, this mistake cost them $24,056)

WGC Profit: $904,844
Paid to court: $2,227,456
Paid to Plaintiffs: $2,737,450

It should be noted that the number above assumes that all costs have been paid up front, and all settlements from this point out are pure profit. But, seeing as their may be no more settlements, I think that's fair.

Among 21 firms, this doesn't seem like much. It's about $43,000 per firm. Factor in the costs for the website development and system setup needed to pull the whole thing off, I can see why they consolidated as much as possible.

The remaining 55582 plaintiffs will have their cases reviewed until Dec 31, 2011, during which time they may be added or removed from the "Qualifying PSC" list. Those not paid during Group 1 will still have recourse, there's just no agreement yet. Not being part of the "Qualifying PSC" group means you missed your chance in the original settlement, you currently aren't being offered a settlement, and you likely never will. If you disagree with their judgement, call your attorney and consider terminating the agreement.

Technologist said:   My trusting is in those lawyers that have foughted for our sttlements checks. Please be in cantacting with me also, i found this sight through the interwebs and wish to get a check. I was the VERY firstest to say give it to me judges!

Thanks you mouches, and peace to all that believe we have been wrongedededed. Laywers ROCK (I slept with one once)!

Amazing and sad that these people represent the stupidity of the average American

I was one of the 13000 people who were given an email and I signed the documents. Here it is Dec. 15, 2011 and I haven't heard of anything from the lawfirm. What gives?
email addressL mhoppas@gmail.com

Well, I believe what you said was true. I don't know why the attorneys haven't give us the money yet.

I have not heard from you since I signed, where is the cash settlement.

I am browsing the responces and do not see any reply to the question; "Where are the payments?" I too, was one of the original 13,000 to e-sign the settlement, but have not received any payment. Is there a "legal hold" due to objections? Anyone have a reliable responce? v/r

I see some people have been informed that checks would be sent out starting in October. It is now the middle of December (of course). I too tried to contact the law firm and met with negative response. Well, at least I have my health. Merry Christmas to all. Kind'a reminds me of a joke; "waited, waited, and now it's Christmas!"

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Technologist said:   My trusting is in those lawyers that have foughted for our sttlements checks. Please be in cantacting with me also, i found this sight through the interwebs and wish to get a check. I was the VERY firstest to say give it to me judges!

Amazing and sad that these people represent the stupidity of the average American

I am gratfulls that youse have recognisoned my aptittytude and am here-to-four requestering that I gets extras of the moneys, when the lawyers get round to asending it to all'ns of us'es!

(Even MORE ashamed)....

Just found this interesting forum . I too , am one of the VICTIMS of this fraud . Same song and dance . Put on 2nd , list to receive my settlement . HUH ! I must have the word stupid written on my forehead. I fall under the category of stupidity of the average American. Is there anything that can be done with these thieves who took all my financial info and made money with it ? Should FOX News be contacted ? I am in with you, my fellow suckers .

This shit is crazy these people has all are info.They just scam us they need to be reported I'm in the second group to recieve two.hund.this month I haven't. Receive anything

When do I suppose to receive. My money

We May have to get a group of us together and go to the Attorneys office and open up a 55 gallon Drum of Whoop Ass, I have kicked some Ass before because I was owed money, and it was Less than what I am Owed Here !!
They will threaten us with Jail but they wont be getting no Cherry, and sometimes the Satisfaction of splitting some heads is Worth it !!!!

Who on this forum has enough education on this situation to contact FOX news ? I sent a letter to Bill O Reilly , I think ALL of us should flood FOX news to expose this scam !!!!! These lawyers used our personal financial info and our social security numbers for their own gain .

oreilly@foxnews.com Lets flood Bill with emails . We need to get his attention .

like eveyyboby ele nothing

did everything they asked....it's been almost 6 months and I have not heard anything elos and certainly not recieved a check...

I did get my check several months ago.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014