• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
2010 Settlement deadline has passed for submissions

Quick, check your email today 6/17/2011 for $443 settlement offer. MUST BE QUICK to electronically sign and reply.

THE FIRST 13,250 OF COUNSELíS CLIENTS WHO ACCEPT TRANS
UNIONíS OFFER AND SIGN AND SUBMIT THIS ELECTION TO COUNSEL, AS SPECIFIED IN THE CSA; and, Trans Union has determined that Group 2 will be made up of
the balance of Counselís clients who accept Trans Unionís offer;

WHEREAS, in connection with the CSA, Trans Union has offered to pay me $443 in
cash to settle my Trans Union Claims and Action, as a combination of (i) $412 in cash plus (ii)
$31 in cash, as reimbursement for the filing fee paid by Counsel on my behalf and to the JP
Court in connection with filing my Trans Union Action (ďTrans Unionís OfferĒ);

WHEREAS, Counsel have advised me that they represent approximately 68,832 clients
who, like me, are prosecuting Trans Union Claims and Actions;

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Finally got my check just in time for Christmas. I guess perseverance pays off in the long run! Merry Xmas everyone

kiaskitty2 (Dec. 25, 2012 @ 2:47p) |

is this a scam? we got a check today

MrKing (Dec. 30, 2012 @ 3:04a) |

got that right transunion ruined my life an wgc law firm followed suit

uberchogan (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 9:51a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

"Counsel" get to keep half!!

vickh said:   "Counsel" get to keep half!!

1) You can always hire an attorney and sue yourself
2) Whenever I do ALL the work for my clients, I keep more than half (name a business that doesn't?)

briankh said:   vickh said:   "Counsel" get to keep half!!

Thanks for the red, idiot.

1) You can always hire an attorney and sue yourself
2) Whenever I do ALL the work for my clients, I keep more than half (name a business that doesn't)

you're welcome, moron and you can have another one You and they make it seem that we're getting $441

they're keeping $200++ * 13,250. this is why everyone hates lawyers

vickh said:   ...this is why everyone hates lawyers
So, you rejected offer and will handle this yourself?

Start a discount class-action law firm yourself. good luck with that.

that's not the point. They shouldn't keep half+ $31 for the stupid esign fee..

BTW you're up to 2 reds now....

vickh said:   that's not the point. They shouldn't keep half+ $31 for the stupid esign fee..

BTW you're up to 2 reds now....

why shouldn't they get ONLY HALF? I was not harmed in any way, and did 7 minutes of work for $200.

They took the full risk of perusing this (most class action lawsuits fall apart with no revenue), spent HUNDREDS of staff hours of work on this, and got half.

Like I said; do you not get 50%+ when you do work for a client? What do you do for a living?

FYI: my post was nothing but facts. FW etiquette dictates you DON'T GIVE THE OP RED just because you hate lawyers. I didn't have one single word of commentary or editorializing in the post.

grow up.

Your post did not mention the 50%++ haircut...

Name calling shows a lot of maturity on your part. Do you work for these slimy , I mean "normal class action" lawyers?

There goes an ambulance!

my name is judy s mosley i am in on the trans union settlement. i lost my old e mail account. you have tried to contact me. my phone is 404-274-3850 my new e mail is dreamweavewr72@hotmail.com. i understand time is of importance. please contact me

Hi Judy
post your date of birth, drivers license number and social security number to be sure you are added to the list. Also if you can scan the drivers license do there's a copy if your signature on file that will be most helpful

if you are part of the settlement, they don't email you. They mail you a letter with your case number, then you go online and accept or reject the offer. If you recently moved, then you will need to contact the lawyers.

rebecca201130 said:   if you are part of the settlement, they don't email you. They mail you a letter with your case number, then you go online and accept or reject the offer. If you recently moved, then you will need to contact the lawyers.

They sent me an email and then about a week letter I received a letter. I replied to the email within 10 minutes of it being sent so I probably will qualify for the settlement. If I waited until the letter arrived I probably would have been too late.

Does anyone know how long it will take to get the check for $200?

May you inform me what i have to do in order to get the same deal.Text

heres what you need to do

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   
post your date of birth, drivers license number and social security number to be sure you are added to the list. Also if you can scan the drivers license do there's a copy if your signature on file that will be most helpful

It seems to me that if they get $200 for the first 13,250 to file that comes to 2,650,000 or if they get $200 for 65,832 that comes to
13, 766,400. I can believe attorneys deserve a good percentage but somehow it seems like they're the ones getting rich not the poor people like us that Trans Union took advantage of to start with. I know it's how the system works, but the people that get hurt the most end of getting the least. Just my thought. Dave G.

It is the lawyers that for the most part wright the laws in this country so it only makes sense that they reep the rewards.

floydfan66 said:   It is the lawyers that for the most part wright the laws in this country so it only makes sense that they reep the rewards.

not grammar police here --- but I just have never seen that misspelling before

germanpope said:   floydfan66 said:   It is the lawyers that for the most part wright the laws in this country so it only makes sense that they reep the rewards.

Well, then wasn't the Write Brothers who flew that plane at Kitty Hawk?

My name is Ricky Griffin I had signed to except settelmemt offer on 8-1 10 checking to see when I am getting my check

germanpope said:   floydfan66 said:   It is the lawyers that for the most part wright the laws in this country so it only makes sense that they reep the rewards.

It's lawyerese---comes from the same root as "car wreck" and "wreak havoc".

And "reep" goes with "weep" and "keep 50%"

no check here yet,, waiting.. signed the papers immediately when I got them a few weeks ago..

I SIGNED AS SOON AS I GOT THE EMAIL AND HAVE'NT SEEN A THING.

So this is turning out about the same as the Ameriquest lawsuit....the lawyers took home millions and we got less than $50. Funny how in my case, both entities worked in tandem to nearly cost me my house, yet the total *damages* comes to under $250. This one REALLY sickens me, though, because everything I've read, until finding this forum, indicated we were actually going to receive over $400. I am now sick and disabled and trying to rebuild my jewelry business to help supplement my new poverty level income. This money was earmarked to wire my storage building to be converted to a studio so I could start working again. So right back on the back burner that goes, until I can save the rest up. For sure, this is EXACTLY why people hate lawyers. But I don't hate lawyers. I hate GREED. And I sleep well at night, comforted by the knowledge that there is a special place waiting for those who are immersed in greed.

Maybe briankh wasn't harmed in any way, but I WAS. An entire sequence of events that included a fraudulent mortgage, a moron for an insurance agent, hurricane Katrina and a contractor who butchered my house repairs was started by this and snowballed until my life has been pretty much just demolished. Butterfly effect. Also, I've been in several class action lawsuits over the years and this is the first one where the lawyers get half of the assigned amount. The others were all the same....a total amount was stated as settlement, all attorney fees were deducted which did NOT amount to HALF...EVER...and after any other programs or deductions, the balance was divided and the amount we were TOLD we would receive is the amount we RECEIVED.

This whole thing is just another indicator of how far this country has fallen. That there are actually people who think this is right and just and fair, that there are people who think it's perfectly reasonable to *keep more than half*, that there are people who think ALL businesses not only do that but that it's acceptable and that the people whose lives are damaged are thrown crumbs while the lawyers eat cake. Daniel Webster said: "Justice is the greatest concern of man on earth." It's a shame it's not the greatest concern of lawyers anymore.

Has anybody received a check yet? I haven't seen one here.

u

I rec'd an email today that my settlement packet including check was sent today and should be rec'd in 2-7 days... but it also stated I was in group 1... anybody have any idea what that means?

I got my check, but called the issuing bank to verify before depositing to be told funds were not available.

And the banker on the phone informed me that there have been many calls about this account & wouldn't reccommend trusting in this SCAM!

What bank? I can't find who to call on the check.

briankh said:   I keep more than half (name a business that doesn't?)Many industries operate on a margin of just a couple percent.

It's compass bank. I also found a number to the offices of the attorney who said it was a bank error & they called me back an hour later stating the funds are now available & this was the first they had heard of it. I informed them it was all over the internet & she seemed horrified. I'm calling the bank again now.

They are trying hard to get responses. Today I received a priority mail envelope urging me to file my claim on line. Due to family illnesses I'd been to busy to read prior notices and was quite happy with the $200 (minimum net to me)offer. The confusion about "groups" seems easy to unravel. Group 1 is made up of the first 13,250 qualified claiments who elect to accept Trans Union's offer. They should be paid immediately. Group 2 is made up of those eligible claiments after the first 13,250. Payment to this group is contingent upon District Court approval of the Trans Union offer - the time frame is curremtly indeterminate.

$209.xx was a great amount for 10 minutes of my time, tried for my wife, no go.

I got my check for $209, but the one for my husband hasn't come yet. His claim was accepted as well and we accepted the settlement offer. How can we verify that a check was sent out? Hoping we didn't throw it away as junk mail.

This law firm is so amateur.I never even received an email.I got a letter in the mail on 6/23/11.From what i have read most everyone else received an email on 6/17/11 about excepting the offer.Maybe I should just sue this piss poor law firm to get my damn money. I dont think that I am the only person who was done this way.This makes me mad because I wasnt given an opportunity to be in the first 13,250.Bullshit.

accepting

since the transunion class action, I have recd 3 other requests for different class action suits. This is a learning experience and would never again enjoin into a class action suit to benefit a practioner. I have not heard from the practioner since asking for an acceptance signature.

I got a letter in the mail from Watts etc. saying TransUnion could not "find" me in their data base. The supplied in the letter the info that TransUnion supposedly had and my SS# was one digit off. If I didn't reply immediately than I was dumped from any potential settlement. It took them this long to pull that card out of the deck??? I'm certain that I did not give them the wrong SS#.......I'll be really surprised if I receive a check in the mail.

What is the phone number for the law firm and is that where the check comes from if you are in group #1?

Skipping 180 Messages...
got that right transunion ruined my life an wgc law firm followed suit

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014