Free iPod Touch from KeyBank

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get an iPod touch® when you:
open a qualifying KeyBank checking account online and enter offer code ONTS0711 by July 22, 2011, and
make at least 20 payments and/or purchases per month for 3 months after account opening, plus
make 3 direct deposits each of $500 or more within 3 months of account opening.

There are some additional details on the FAQ page. When you apply online, you have to enter your zip code. Not all zip codes are accepted and it appears to be only available in areas where they have branches.

https://www.key.com/gen/html/mkt-q311-touch20-3rd.html?ppc=11Q3_...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Received FedEx notifications for shipping of ipod touch today at 10AM. One for me and one for the wife! Yippee! It wasn'... (more)

freekie (Nov. 08, 2011 @ 1:30p) |

How long ago did you finish your requirements?

musicdef13 (Nov. 08, 2011 @ 1:33p) |

Opened account on 16-Jul. Completed the last set of 20 transactions around 03-Oct.

freekie (Nov. 08, 2011 @ 4:51p) |

Only available in: AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA

Offer Available Online Only, available to all areas with physical branches.
Get an iPod touch® when you:
open a qualifying KeyBank checking account online and enter offer code ONTS0711 by July 22, 2011, and
make at least 20 payments and/or purchases per month for 3 months after account opening, plus
make 3 direct deposits each of $500 or more within 3 months of account opening.

There are some additional details on the FAQ page. When you apply online, you have to enter your zip code. Not all zip codes are accepted and it appears to be only available in areas where they have branches.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ewww.. 20 payments/month. These guys at Keybank are seriously developing worse and worse offers with hope that you miss one of the 60 required payments so they aren't required to follow through with giving you anything.

20 payments and direct deposit is ok but do we get a 1099 for the ipod?

edit: I found the answer:
Between 7/9/11 and 7/22/11, you must open a Key Express (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Coverage, Key Advantage, Key Privilege, or Key Privilege Select Checking Account online and make at least 20 posted payments and/or purchases from the new checking account per month for the first three months after account opening, plus within three months make a total of three direct deposits each of $500 or more to get your gift. One month is calculated as 31 calendar days from account opening date (three months equals 93 calendar days from account opening date). Limit one gift per qualifying account. Limit one gift per individual. The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT.

Requiring 20 payments a month is obnoxious.

Its a lot, but can be done. Go to self checkout in WalMart and do it 1 item at the time.

Is it 4th Gen ipod touch?

talked to CS and they said you have to be in one of state where they do operation to qualify for this promotion

Any way around the 500 direct deposit?

paypal

amdmaxx said:   paypal

All signs point to NO.

What counts as a direct deposit transaction?

Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits.

You can count PayPal transactions towards the '20 transaction' requirement, however.

60 payments over 3 months and 3 direct deposits is not worth the hassle. Not to mention most people are not eligible
because they don't have a Keybank branch in their state. This deal is designed to mess up with one of the 60 payments.
And even if you get it done right it will probably be 6 months before you actually receive the ipod in the mail.

I was hoping they would bring this back, unfortunately the terms are terrible now. If paypal counted for the direct deposit I would possibly considering it.

i called keybank, they told me Paypal is consider direct deposit.
i still not to sure about it.
last time when they had Ipod promotion they specifically stated direct deposit - payroll, pension and social security deposit only.

Does everyone have a difficult time carving $500 of Direct Deposit from their paycheck for a few months? For the last 8 years I've only had one employer that didn't have an employee self service through ADP or other provider that allowed me to specify multiple direct deposit accounts online in a few minutes. Do I just have it so much better than everyone else?

hawks5999 said:   Does everyone have a difficult time carving $500 of Direct Deposit from their paycheck for a few months? For the last 8 years I've only had one employer that didn't have an employee self service through ADP or other provider that allowed me to specify multiple direct deposit accounts online in a few minutes. Do I just have it so much better than everyone else?I think so... I've never seen that sort of option before

It's 20 payments and/or purchases, right? I assume you can use the Debit card to make 15 small purchases each month and 5 bill pay. I know it is a lot. But there are ways to do it. I really want one for my son. He asked for one for his birthday.

The problem is we are moving to a city which doesn't have any keybank. Will that make me disaqualified if I change my address later? But I can't let them mail the touch to my old address, since I won't be able to get it. Any suggestions?

jolapo said:   It's 20 payments and/or purchases, right? I assume you can use the Debit card to make 15 small purchases each month and 5 bill pay. I know it is a lot. But there are ways to do it. I really want one for my son. He asked for one for his birthday.

The problem is we are moving to a city which doesn't have any keybank. Will that make me disaqualified if I change my address later? But I can't let them mail the touch to my old address, since I won't be able to get it. Any suggestions?

I think you should be fine. They can't really fault you for having to move after opening an account with them, right? Just be sure to change your mailing address with them after you move. That's where they'll be sending the iPod. Don't use a PO Box as your mailing address though, or else you'll have to pick it up at a branch. (They'll deliver it to a branch and the branch will call you to pick it up.) I moved mid-way when they had the GPS offer a few years back and had no problems, except for the PO Box thing. The biggest hurdle here is actually opening the account and the 20 payments/purchases. If you can do them, you should be good to go.

Birthday - just keep in mind that it takes a while after completing the requirements to get the iPod. If the birthday is many months away, you should be okay.

jolapo said:   The problem is we are moving to a city which doesn't have any keybank.
As long as Key has a branch somewhere in your STATE, you will be fine (ETA: At least that is what it used to be for past Kay promotions).

musicdef13 said:   jolapo said:   It's 20 payments and/or purchases, right? I assume you can use the Debit card to make 15 small purchases each month and 5 bill pay. I know it is a lot. But there are ways to do it. I really want one for my son. He asked for one for his birthday.

I think you should be fine. They can't really fault you for having to move after opening an account with them, right? Just be sure to change your mailing address with them after you move. That's where they'll be sending the iPod. Don't use a PO Box as your mailing address though, or else you'll have to pick it up at a branch. (They'll deliver it to a branch and the branch will call you to pick it up.) I moved mid-way when they had the GPS offer a few years back and had no problems, except for the PO Box thing. The biggest hurdle here is actually opening the account and the 20 payments/purchases. If you can do them, you should be good to go.

Birthday - just keep in mind that it takes a while after completing the requirements to get the iPod. If the birthday is many months away, you should be okay.

Thanks. Birthday is in December. So I guess there is plenty of time.

uutxs said:   jolapo said:   The problem is we are moving to a city which doesn't have any keybank.
As long as Key has a branch somewhere in your STATE, you will be fine (ETA: At least that is what it used to be for past Kay promotions).

Well, looks like no key bank in Georgia, that is where I am moving to.

I got in last month's promo with only 10 debits/month. I stupidly didn't notice I needed 10 debits/month starting from account opening (so 5/25-6/24 in my case). I was working with the assumption of Jun 1-Jun 30 and didn't hit my 10th debit until 6/27. Am I already dead or can I just meet the requirements for the next 3 months and still qualify?

is that NYC area valid for this promotion?!

i want to apply for one but it shows me
Unable to complete your request.
We are unable to complete your request. Please visit your local branch to open an account.
Information for Zip:
11421 [edit]

moyip said:   i want to apply for one but it shows me
Unable to complete your request.
We are unable to complete your request. Please visit your local branch to open an account.
Information for Zip:
11421 [edit]

Same for me. I don't get it.

Ohhh -- I missed this by a week. Any chance they'll bring it back in August?

Let me check the crystal ball.

Instead of doing multiple transactions, do multiple payments. For my M&I account I just sent 10 transactions to pay an AMEX account that totalled $1.32. Easier than at a checkout.

Received FedEx notifications for shipping of ipod touch today at 10AM. One for me and one for the wife! Yippee! It wasn't a hassle to do the 20 transactions per month at all. Just split payments into smaller amounts and all went as scheduled! Thanks Key Bank and fatwallet.

-----------------------------------
This tracking update has been requested by:
Company Name: Center
Name: Fulfillment
E-mail: 'not provided by requestor'
Message: Congratulations! Your KeyBank iPod has been shipped.
------------------------------------

How long ago did you finish your requirements?

Opened account on 16-Jul. Completed the last set of 20 transactions around 03-Oct.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014