• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi, what is the most premium CC you can get now without annual fee. I have a Chase Sapphire and Capital One Venture One card.

Is there anything more elite on the market without annual fee such as a no annual fee World Mastercard elite or something higher than Visa Signature on the market right now?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Its useless because noone answered and internet searches know more than anyone here who provides irrelevant information.... (more)

grex23 (Aug. 02, 2011 @ 4:21a) |

They generally wait until the insults start flying. Based on the previous post, it looks like we won't have long to wait... (more)

BEEFjerKAY (Aug. 02, 2011 @ 4:41a) |

If you want customer service, get a First Premier Bank Credit Card. Yes there is a hefty annual fee, but the customer s... (more)

MoonlitHollow (Aug. 02, 2011 @ 8:02a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

I'm not sure what you mean by "elite". If you want to impress people, fork out $450 for a Platinum AMEX. I care less what kind of "statement" my cards make. I only have no AF cards. My most valued is my CHASE AARP because of its 5% CashBack promotion.

Good Luck,

Elite as in World Mastercard Elite. And please don't judge others.

The higher end cards provide more perks. Which is why I have a Visa Signature and World Mastercard. But I am wondering if any higher end cards exist with no annual fee.

You didn't really answer the question. What kind of "perks" are you looking for?

Turns out Saks is no annual fee on the elite. I didn't know that.

Why would you want a Saks card unless you shop at Saks? What are you looking for in a card? Do you just want to impress the guy standing behind the counter at Chipotle? Most of us are looking for cards that make or save us the most money (and sometime paying an annual fee is part of that calculation).

grex23 said:   Elite as in World Mastercard Elite. And please don't judge others.

The higher end cards provide more perks. Which is why I have a Visa Signature and World Mastercard. But I am wondering if any higher end cards exist with no annual fee.


Sayhey didn't even come close to judging you...merely asked for clarification and stated "If...".

Don't be so sensitive.

Elite has more travel perks from what I see. It isn't just for using at Saks at all. Rewards are given for non Saks customer although at a lower rate. But it does have extremely high travel perks.

The World Mastercard gives more perks than the Visa Signature tier however each one offers exclusives to things the other doesn't. Elite has a little more oomph especially on the travel side from what I see.

The ultimate card is the AMEX Centurion or AMEX Black at a hefty fee (its in the thousands) but Im not quite ready for that card yet.

Credit card's arent about impressing someone. They are about substantial perks offered on higher end cards which pay more than its worth if used appropriately such as trip cancellation, lost baggage, higher insurance, better travel perks and more. They are perceived as more prestigeous however and these are super prime cards for top tier customers. Titanium is very nice for a credit card for AMEX customers.

There is visa infinite, which is a level above signature ...but I don't think it's offered in the USA

World elite is mastercards highest tier

Ok I'll get the Saks card since its free eventually. I have the Chase Sapphire World Mastercard now but I could replace that with the Saks Card after I am done with the existing points on the Sapphire.

Yeah I don't think Visa Infinite is offered in the USA. Not sure. The customer support and service on the Saks card is supposed to be excellent.

If you are looking for "elite" in terms of card benefits and customer service, cap one and chase are on the bottom of the list.

Is Saks their own bank issuer? Some high end retailers still operate their own credit card programs - youll usually find better terms- or is the card farmed out to chase citi etc? Find independent cc bank issuers like bmw and Nordstrom which have visa and mc cards

I think neiman Marcus and Tiffany had their own credit cards too. Don't know if they have the v or mc logo

Saks WE MC is backed by HSBC - hardly elite. Had it, closed it. Besides, HSBC is on the selling spree. Neiman Marcus is backed by HSBC too

grex23 said:   The ultimate card is the AMEX Centurion or AMEX Black at a hefty fee (its in the thousands) but Im not quite ready for that card yet.

While the AMEX Centurion is a fine and well known card, it is not the most elite card.
The JPM Paladium card is harder to get and more exclusive, has a lower annual fee and is much more of a wow factor from the way it looks.

I think you really need to define what you mean by "Elite" and also to separate the "elite perks" from actual perks you need.

"cap one and chase are on the bottom of the list"

Totally false. Capital One Venture One Visa Signature and Chase Sapphire World Mastercard are my top cards now and are the best issuers with perks and rewards. They are very highly regarded cards.

The customer response time with Chase Sapphire is outstanding. I have dealt with both issuers and have not had any issues.

The issuers treat premium customers differently which get a totally different level of support than mainstream level products.

Even if HSBC is the bank backing and processing the transactions for Saks, the customer service is going to be provided by Saks plus HSBC is likely to sell out their cards so the card may have a different bank backing it in the future.

JPM Paladium huh. Didn't know that one existed but there are loads of competing products. A quick search shows you need 30 Million USD invested in JP Morgan private banking for that one. The paladium costs more than the annual fee so its a giveaway for JP Morgan customers.

Sure its more difficult to get and anyone who has that much in Cash with JP Morgan private banking would be silly not to get the card to show high networth status.

What percentage of people have that card? Very very few.

The most I'll qualify for myself is Signature or World tiers and perhaps World Elite (which Im not sure what the requirements are but if its similar to World I should qualify).

I have no annual fee AMEX's as well. I'll never be in the income level to get the annual fee based cards like a JPM card. The most I can do is the no fee based ones. And World Elite with no fee such as the Saks card seems to be the highest end tier card on the market with no annual fee.

Thread was to discuss no annual fee based cards. Not cards you need 30,000,000 USD in an account for and a $495 fee where you get Paladium though.

Face it, 99.99999% of people qualify for that and the odds of anyone here being able to qualify is highly doubtful.

Grex, what are the tangible and/or intangible benefits that you are hoping to obtain from such a card? Different cards offer different benefits, so your question is meaningless unless we know what it is that you want.

By the way, are you only looking for credit cards without an annual fee or would CC's with an annual fee that are rebated back to you work? BOA Accolades, for instance, has a $295/year fee, which is rebated for BOA Premium and above customers, which requires you to keep $250K with BOA (many of us stil have BOA Accolades cards that we received when BOA first rolled out the program and get our annual fees rebated even though we do not maintain the stated asset levels).

What about CC's with annual fees that, under the right circumstances, pay for themselves? AMEX Platinum, for instance, is $450/year but provides $200/year in airline reimbursements, lounge access and hotel discounts. If you take advantage of the benefits, they will more than pay for the annual fee. By the way, the same can be said for the AMEX Centurion card with its $5K initiation fee and $2.5K annual fee -- if you take advantage of the benefits, they can outweigh the annual fee.

grex23 said:   "cap one and chase are on the bottom of the list"

Totally false. Capital One Venture One Visa Signature and Chase Sapphire World Mastercard are my top cards now and are the best issuers with perks and rewards. They are very highly regarded cards.


Highly regarded by whom? I'd "highly regard" the "NAMBLA and Osama Bin Laden Are My Favorite Things In The Entire World" Mastercard if it gave 6% back on all transactions.

Without defining what you want in terms of perks/benefits, saying what the best card is is meaningless.

I don't like or use Bank Of America for credit cards.

Capital One and Chase have been quite good as of late both with no annual fee. The Chase World Mastercard vs Saks World Mastercard Elite would be the 2 cards I am comparing.

From what I see, only the Saks card will step me up a bit for no fee since I get one step up in the Mastercard tier.

cestmoi123 said:   grex23 said:   "cap one and chase are on the bottom of the list"

Totally false. Capital One Venture One Visa Signature and Chase Sapphire World Mastercard are my top cards now and are the best issuers with perks and rewards. They are very highly regarded cards.


Highly regarded by whom? I'd "highly regard" the "NAMBLA and Osama Bin Laden Are My Favorite Things In The Entire World" Mastercard if it gave 6% back on all transactions.

Without defining what you want in terms of perks/benefits, saying what the best card is is meaningless.


You are twisted in the head. Literally!

Highly regarded by various reviewers in terms of perks and rewards value and customer service. The Chase Travel benefits for a World card with no fee and customer service support levels are outstanding. The Capital One offers no FOREX and also support levels have been good and a higher 1.25 rewards and it can be upped to 2 for an annual fee.

grex23 said:   I don't like or use Bank Of America for credit cards.Why not?

The Chase World Mastercard vs Saks World Mastercard Elite would be the 2 cards I am comparing.

From what I see, only the Saks card will step me up a bit for no fee since I get one step up in the Mastercard tier.
Neither of these CC's offers much in terms of tangible perks or intangible prestige or recognition.

Hello Kitty.

/thread

grex23 said:   Highly regarded by various reviewers in terms of perks and rewards value and customer service.Which perks? AMEX Platinum, for instance, presently offers the best airline lounge access program out there. It is typically the primary reason that people get this card. If you hardly ever fly, however, then this benefit is lost on you.

The Chase Travel benefits for a World card with no fee and customer service support levels are outstanding. The Capital One offers no FOREX and also support levels have been good and a higher 1.25 rewards and it can be upped to 2 for an annual fee.How much money do you spend on international purchases? If you don't spend much, then the whole "no forex" benefit won't get you anything. As for the rewards, why spend money on a card that gives back 1.25% if you can obtain a no annual fee CC that pays back 5% for the first 6 months? Why don't you have a CC that pays back 2% in CashBack?

Wrong. Travel perks and customer support on the Chase Sapphire and the perks on the Capital One Visa Signature are decent too along with rewards.

It beats a Secured or generic Visa card by a long shot. Not everyone qualifies for a Visa Signature or Mastercard World. People on here were saying they tried to get a Sapphire and got rejected as well. Not everyone qualifies for these at all.

grex23 said:   Wrong. Travel perks and customer support on the Chase Sapphire and the perks on the Capital One Visa Signature are decent too along with rewards.What are the specific travel perks that are offered by Chase Sapphire and Capital One cards that you value?

geo123 said:   grex23 said:   I don't like or use Bank Of America for credit cards.Why not?

The Chase World Mastercard vs Saks World Mastercard Elite would be the 2 cards I am comparing.

From what I see, only the Saks card will step me up a bit for no fee since I get one step up in the Mastercard tier.
Neither of these CC's offers much in terms of tangible perks or intangible prestige or recognition.
Don't bother with this troll / instigator. At least TripleBBB was humorous; this guy's just purposefully annoying.

5% for 6 months is a short term offering. A Fico hit for a short term offering is not worth it. Rewards are minimal.

grex23 said:   5% for 6 months is a short term offering. A Fico hit for a short term offering is not worth it. Rewards are minimal.Really? We'll earn $20K+ on our 2 cards when the dust settles. IIRC, our scores dropped around 2 points when we applied

curtisekarr said:   geo123 said:   grex23 said:   I don't like or use Bank Of America for credit cards.Why not?

The Chase World Mastercard vs Saks World Mastercard Elite would be the 2 cards I am comparing.

From what I see, only the Saks card will step me up a bit for no fee since I get one step up in the Mastercard tier.
Neither of these CC's offers much in terms of tangible perks or intangible prestige or recognition.
Don't bother with this troll / instigator. At least TripleBBB was humorous; this guy's just purposefully annoying.
I thought I'd try to be nice and help him.

20,000 with a 5% reward. Heck you are spending 400,000 in 6 months to get that. Burning that kind of cash to get a measly 5% reward is a short road to financial disaster.

My way is smart. No fees on the cards. Rewards without caps or requirements at a minimum of 1 to 1 or better. I save more than I spend. Plus perks back me up as well saving me money when things go wrong and getting treated well by the firms and providing benefits.

Thanks for playing. Looks like the goons have come out.

geo123 said:   curtisekarr said:   geo123 said:   grex23 said:   I don't like or use Bank Of America for credit cards.Why not?

The Chase World Mastercard vs Saks World Mastercard Elite would be the 2 cards I am comparing.

From what I see, only the Saks card will step me up a bit for no fee since I get one step up in the Mastercard tier.
Neither of these CC's offers much in terms of tangible perks or intangible prestige or recognition.
Don't bother with this troll / instigator. At least TripleBBB was humorous; this guy's just purposefully annoying.
I thought I'd try to be nice and help him.
He'll simply respond indefinitely while not really seeking a solution.

grex23 said:   20,000 with a 5% reward. Heck you are spending 400,000 in 6 months to get that. Burning that kind of cash to get a measly 5% reward is totally stupid in my book.I rest my case.

grex23 said:   EThe World Mastercard gives more perks than the Visa Signature tier however each one offers exclusives to things the other doesn't. Elite has a little more oomph especially on the travel side from what I see.

While I agree the Elite has a little more oomph, the World Mastercard tends to have much more flair. Both seem to lack the overall pizazz of the Signature. The Centurion has the most panache but will admittedly cost you a little more somethin' somethin'.

curtisekarr said:   grex23 said:   20,000 with a 5% reward. Heck you are spending 400,000 in 6 months to get that. Burning that kind of cash to get a measly 5% reward is totally stupid in my book.I rest my case.

Think about it. You threw out 400,000 and all you get back is 20,000. Is that smart? You now have 380,000 less than you had before.

Surely you jest if you think this behavior is smart. Turns out you should be a member of Emptywallet rather than fatwallet cause soon you will be turning that 20,000 remaining into negative equity.

grex23 said:   curtisekarr said:   grex23 said:   20,000 with a 5% reward. Heck you are spending 400,000 in 6 months to get that. Burning that kind of cash to get a measly 5% reward is totally stupid in my book.I rest my case.

Think about it. You threw out 400,000 and all you get back is 20,000. Is that smart? You now have 380,000 less than you had before.

Surely you jest if you think this behavior is smart. Turns out you should be a member of Emptywallet rather than fatwallet cause soon you will be turning that 20,000 remaining into negative equity.
Actually, I have approx $20K more than when I started. It's evident you're missing the point here, and I think I'll just agree with curtisekarr and leave it at that.

grex23 said:   20,000 with a 5% reward. Heck you are spending 400,000 in 6 months to get that.Are you related to formerkeo, my all time favorite poster?

grex23 said:   curtisekarr said:   grex23 said:   20,000 with a 5% reward. Heck you are spending 400,000 in 6 months to get that. Burning that kind of cash to get a measly 5% reward is totally stupid in my book.I rest my case.

Think about it. You threw out 400,000 and all you get back is 20,000. Is that smart? You now have 380,000 less than you had before.

Surely you jest if you think this behavior is smart. Turns out you should be a member of Emptywallet rather than fatwallet cause soon you will be turning that 20,000 remaining into negative equity.

You're absolutely correct; the AARP card would be total waste of time for you. Good call.

Have fun with your Saks card, assuming you actually apply for it. Use it regularly because people have reported their cards getting closed for inactivity. You can search CreditBoards for threads about the Saks card.

Although you've not stated specifics and you probably never will, I'm sure you went beyond the marketing hype to find the card with the most value or at least comparing the perks that you find so valuable. (Cough, cough.)

ETA: Yes, I know I simply should have ignored this thread. I'll put my ignore list to good use for OP from now on.

grex23 said:   5% for 6 months is a short term offering. A Fico hit for a short term offering is not worth it. Rewards are minimal.

Incorrect. I've amassed several thousand in rebates over the 6 month promotion. My biggest contributors were the payment of my estimated taxes via Valuetaxpayment.com, payment of my yearly property taxes, and the famed (but deceased) Mint program. 5% in the hand, even after fees, is much more valuable to me than a handful of travel perks. The hard inquiry only knocked my FICO score down a few points.

Best of Luck,

Tax processing charges a fee and is not without cost.

You have to pay the full merchant fee upfront to get rewards back depending on your CashBack program.

So its only 5 minus 2.29% in a best case senario and you need to shell out 2.29% in advance before you can get 5% rebate back.

So thats really a 2.71% total CashBack because of a 5% card on a tax bill.

Not a bad payback for little time invested if you have a situation like that. But that wasn't my situation.

Capital One has an Elite card for the OP...

I would suggest a Discover card. No annual fee, 1% Cash Back (and rotating 5% Cash Back in select categories throughout the year!) You also can get a black discover card like I have and just find somebody good with a silver sharpie to turn it into your own Centurian Card once the "Discover" logo wears off. Also, according to rumors, there is now the extended warranty perk on Discover cards.

I think Big Pete's House of Munch said it best on Family Guy:

00:02:56 Good evening. Welcome to Big Pete's House of Munch.
00:02:59 May I help you?
00:03:00 Yes, do you accept the Discover card?
00:03:02 Ha! Hey, Lois, Diamond Jim Brady over here just asked if we accept the Discover card.
00:03:07 Lois: Oh, they're in an exclusive club called anybody.
00:03:12 Yeah.
00:03:13 No, no, no, I don't think so.
00:03:14 You know, you know, I would rather take two live chickens than your fly-by- night credit card.
00:03:19 I would rather take a jar of pennies that's value was less than that of your bill.
00:03:25 Look, you don't have to insult me.
00:03:26 No, no, no, you are going to sit there and listen to the funny things I would take instead of your credit card.

Skipping 11 Messages...
If you want customer service, get a First Premier Bank Credit Card. Yes there is a hefty annual fee, but the customer service is astounding the moment you miss your first payment! They'll even call your friends to see how you are doing. Now that is service!

Edit: I feel like I'm at the park, reading the sign that says "No feeding the Trolls!" I just couldn't help myself! Granted they aren't cute like ducks and geese, but Trolls just won't leave or shut up.

Seriously, OP, go to FlyerTalk. They'll need to boast about their pretty credit cards since their e-peen has shriveled up with their murder of the US Mint coin deal.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014