Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

PNC bank virtual wallet $100 bonus YMMV

First page
1 of 3
andrey2506
8/10/11 3:02 PM
Get $100 reward when you open virtual wallet account with PNC bank and make 1 DD of $750 or more and 10 purchases with a new PNC debit card within 60 days of account opening. Select states only!

LINK

Fine print:

New personal checking account must be opened online between 7/29/11 and 9/30/11. To qualify for the $100 reward, a PNC Bank Visa® Check Card must be issued to you, a qualifying Direct Deposit totaling at least $750 must be received, and at least 10 purchases made with your Check Card must post to your checking account within 60 days of account opening. Your checking account must remain open in order for you to receive the $100 reward, which will be credited to the eligible account within 60 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as "Cash Trans Promo Reward" on your monthly statement. A qualifying Direct Deposit is defined as a recurring Direct Deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into a Performance or Performance Select Checking Account, or the Spend Account of a Virtual Wallet® with Performance Spend. The total amount of all qualifying Direct Deposits credited to your checking account must be at least $750. Credit card cash advance transfers, transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a branch or ATM do not qualify as Qualifying Direct Deposits. Offer only available to new PNC Bank checking account customers who open the Eligible Account using the online application. New account will not be eligible for offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days. If multiple accounts are opened with the same signers, only one account will be eligible for the premium. For this offer, signing authority will be defined by the customer name(s) and social security number(s) registered on the account. Offer only available to residents of DC, DE, FL, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NJ, OH, PA, VA and WI. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market. This is an online offer that is not available through the branch.

The best part: fund with a Visa or MC up to 2K (non-citi CC, of course) to count towards spend requirements with all the Chase bonuses out there since funding would count as a purchase (did that a week ago, posted as purchase on my Chase sapphire preferred card)

Credit goes to Andy Hough from Bankbonuses
WikiPost
8/10/11 3:02 PM
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
protrek
8/11/11 2:27 PM
andrey2506 said:   

The best part: fund with a Visa or MC up to 2K (non-citi CC, of course) to count towards spend requirements with all the Chase bonuses out there since funding would count as a purchase (did that a week ago, posted as purchase on my Chase sapphire preferred card)

perfect catch, thanks OP! I have the same card. Is there any hidden fees for that transfer?
andrey2506
8/11/11 3:06 PM
protrek said:   

andrey2506 said:   

perfect catch, thanks OP! I have the same card. Is there any hidden fees for that transfer?

Nope, posted as a purchase and I already got the statement - no fees.
BradisBrad
8/17/11 11:47 AM
Interesting. Attempted to open this account with my AARP which I have set to $0 allowed Cash Advances.. It wouldn't work. Available CL of $3.2k but was declined 2x. Fishy. I'll stay away..
maxfleischer
8/17/11 12:17 PM
BradisBrad said:   

Interesting. Attempted to open this account with my AARP which I have set to $0 allowed Cash Advances.. It wouldn't work. Available CL of $3.2k but was declined 2x. Fishy. I'll stay away..

Maybe you have a problem with Chex ...? PNC is completely reputable.
youngcoolguy
8/17/11 12:21 PM
Anyone know if a $750 ACH transfer from another bank would work for direct deposit?
suethem
8/17/11 12:56 PM
andrey2506 said:   

Get $100 reward when you open virtual wallet account with PNC bank and make 1 DD of $750 or more and 10 non-PIN transactions with a new PNC debit card within 60 days of account opening. Select states only!

1. Where do you see "non-PIN transactions" in the term?

2. What's the problem w/ Citi Cards?

Thanks.
andrey2506
8/17/11 6:22 PM
suethem,
1. My bad, no mention of non-PIN transactions in the details. Edited the post
2. Citi got mad with FF miles accumulation techniques used by some heavy hitters (think Mint) and NOW treats all transactions coming from any kind of financial institution as a cash advance. Even buying AMEX gift cards from AMEX online (so I heard on this forum)

edited: typo
suethem
8/17/11 6:58 PM
andrey2506 said:   

suethem,
1. My bad, no mention of non-PIN transactions in the details. Edited the post
2. Citi got mad with FF miles accumulation techniques used by some heavy hitters (think Mint) and not treats all transactions coming from any kind of financial institution as a cash advance. Even buying AMEX gift cards from AMEX online (so I heard on this forum)

thanks.
First page
1 of 3
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.