• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get $100 reward when you open virtual wallet account with PNC bank and make 1 DD of $750 or more and 10 purchases with a new PNC debit card within 60 days of account opening. Select states only!

LINK

Fine print:

New personal checking account must be opened online between 7/29/11 and 9/30/11. To qualify for the $100 reward, a PNC Bank Visa® Check Card must be issued to you, a qualifying Direct Deposit totaling at least $750 must be received, and at least 10 purchases made with your Check Card must post to your checking account within 60 days of account opening. Your checking account must remain open in order for you to receive the $100 reward, which will be credited to the eligible account within 60 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as "Cash Trans Promo Reward" on your monthly statement. A qualifying Direct Deposit is defined as a recurring Direct Deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into a Performance or Performance Select Checking Account, or the Spend Account of a Virtual Wallet® with Performance Spend. The total amount of all qualifying Direct Deposits credited to your checking account must be at least $750. Credit card cash advance transfers, transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a branch or ATM do not qualify as Qualifying Direct Deposits. Offer only available to new PNC Bank checking account customers who open the Eligible Account using the online application. New account will not be eligible for offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days. If multiple accounts are opened with the same signers, only one account will be eligible for the premium. For this offer, signing authority will be defined by the customer name(s) and social security number(s) registered on the account. Offer only available to residents of DC, DE, FL, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NJ, OH, PA, VA and WI. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market. This is an online offer that is not available through the branch.

The best part: fund with a Visa or MC up to 2K (non-citi CC, of course) to count towards spend requirements with all the Chase bonuses out there since funding would count as a purchase (did that a week ago, posted as purchase on my Chase sapphire preferred card)

Credit goes to Andy Hough from Bankbonuses

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks OP! Just signed up. Was looking for a better way to manage my bank accounts and Virtual Wallet should do that. ... (more)

osujim99 (Jan. 20, 2012 @ 12:01p) |

I didn't get my reward for a previous promo....sounds like they never pay without an arm twisting....

maddybeagle (Jan. 20, 2012 @ 2:29p) |

Yep! You gotta fight for every penny with them! If you push enough you will usually get your bonus providing you satis... (more)

s3riously (Jan. 25, 2012 @ 8:29a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

andrey2506 said:   
The best part: fund with a Visa or MC up to 2K (non-citi CC, of course) to count towards spend requirements with all the Chase bonuses out there since funding would count as a purchase (did that a week ago, posted as purchase on my Chase sapphire preferred card)


perfect catch, thanks OP! I have the same card. Is there any hidden fees for that transfer?

protrek said:   andrey2506 said:   
The best part: fund with a Visa or MC up to 2K (non-citi CC, of course) to count towards spend requirements with all the Chase bonuses out there since funding would count as a purchase (did that a week ago, posted as purchase on my Chase sapphire preferred card)


perfect catch, thanks OP! I have the same card. Is there any hidden fees for that transfer?


Nope, posted as a purchase and I already got the statement - no fees.

Interesting. Attempted to open this account with my AARP which I have set to $0 allowed Cash Advances.. It wouldn't work. Available CL of $3.2k but was declined 2x. Fishy. I'll stay away..

BradisBrad said:   Interesting. Attempted to open this account with my AARP which I have set to $0 allowed Cash Advances.. It wouldn't work. Available CL of $3.2k but was declined 2x. Fishy. I'll stay away..

Maybe you have a problem with Chex ...? PNC is completely reputable.

Anyone know if a $750 ACH transfer from another bank would work for direct deposit?

andrey2506 said:   Get $100 reward when you open virtual wallet account with PNC bank and make 1 DD of $750 or more and 10 non-PIN transactions with a new PNC debit card within 60 days of account opening. Select states only!

The best part: fund with a Visa or MC up to 2K (non-citi CC, of course) to count towards spend requirements with all the Chase bonuses out there since funding would count as a purchase (did that a week ago, posted as purchase on my Chase sapphire preferred card)

1. Where do you see "non-PIN transactions" in the term?

2. What's the problem w/ Citi Cards?

Thanks.

suethem,
1. My bad, no mention of non-PIN transactions in the details. Edited the post
2. Citi got mad with FF miles accumulation techniques used by some heavy hitters (think Mint) and NOW treats all transactions coming from any kind of financial institution as a cash advance. Even buying AMEX gift cards from AMEX online (so I heard on this forum)

edited: typo

andrey2506 said:   suethem,
1. My bad, no mention of non-PIN transactions in the details. Edited the post
2. Citi got mad with FF miles accumulation techniques used by some heavy hitters (think Mint) and not treats all transactions coming from any kind of financial institution as a cash advance. Even buying AMEX gift cards from AMEX online (so I heard on this forum)

thanks.

andrey2506 said:   suethem,
2. Citi got mad with FF miles accumulation techniques used by some heavy hitters (think Mint) and not treats all transactions coming from any kind of financial institution as a cash advance. Even buying AMEX gift cards from AMEX online (so I heard on this forum)


Data point from my experience, used my AAdvantage Visa by Citi and the transaction for $2000 was coded as a cash advance. Here's hoping for the $100 bonus.

Surlent said:   andrey2506 said:   suethem,
2. Citi got mad with FF miles accumulation techniques used by some heavy hitters (think Mint) and not treats all transactions coming from any kind of financial institution as a cash advance. Even buying AMEX gift cards from AMEX online (so I heard on this forum)


Data point from my experience, used my AAdvantage Visa by Citi and the transaction for $2000 was coded as a cash advance. Here's hoping for the $100 bonus.


From a little bit of research that I did before opening my PNC account (for a different reward a few months back), it looks like they are slow to pay it. I was able to call and get the reward I was promised without a lot of work, but it did require a call. Kind of annoying, since the people that work in the PNC bank in my building are really nice, so I was hoping the whole company would be nice.

For those curious, to avoid $10 monthly fee you need to either (1) have average account balance of $1,500, or (2) have $2,000 in direct deposits per month. $25 fee for closing account w/in 6 months of opening.

Does anyone know if a push from Amazon Payments will trigger DD? Thanks.

Bonus didn't post after 8 weeks. Talked with CSR, she said there is no record I applied for this offer. Send her the link to the offer, she forwarded it to another department for investigation. They should get back to me in 8 days. Turns out, corporateclaw was right, getting the bonus is PITA.

Update: they denied my bonus because they say I already received it in January. They don't care if it is in their terms and conditions there is only "New account will not be eligible for offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days" and nothing about one-time bonus thing. Crappy bank, crappy CR, I give it red!

andrey2506 said:   Update: they denied my bonus because they say I already received it in January. They don't care if it is in their terms and conditions there is only "New account will not be eligible for offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days" and nothing about one-time bonus thing. Crappy bank, crappy CR, I give it red!


Yeah, that's PNC for ya! I tried pushing $800 from Amazon Payments and did the 10-debits. I got on a lengthy chat with a CSR and was specifically asking her if I had met all of the requirements. She was unbelievably dodgy and kept trying to be vague and leave the determination up to me. When I finally got her to look at my transactions she said that "Amazon Payments is NOT a valid direct deposit". I still have time to have my employer push a deposit, which is currently in the works. I have had checking accounts with them previously, as well, and would not doubt they try to pull the same thing with me that you experienced. I am prepared to take the gloves off, if necessary.

Update 2: I talked to PNC CSR on Wednesday, who then transferred me to customer satisfaction dept. Nice lady there asked me to fax her the offer details and said she will escalate this issue to the manager of the promotion's dept (since they shut down my request for the bonus twice already). We'll see what the answer will be..

update: I was shot down on this again by the manager in their promotion department. They stick to the BS reason that they do not allow more than one promotion per customer (in a lifetime, I believe).

depreshun said:   andrey2506 said:   Update: they denied my bonus because they say I already received it in January. They don't care if it is in their terms and conditions there is only "New account will not be eligible for offer if any signer has signing authority on an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days" and nothing about one-time bonus thing. Crappy bank, crappy CR, I give it red!


Yeah, that's PNC for ya! I tried pushing $800 from Amazon Payments and did the 10-debits. I got on a lengthy chat with a CSR and was specifically asking her if I had met all of the requirements. She was unbelievably dodgy and kept trying to be vague and leave the determination up to me. When I finally got her to look at my transactions she said that "Amazon Payments is NOT a valid direct deposit". I still have time to have my employer push a deposit, which is currently in the works. I have had checking accounts with them previously, as well, and would not doubt they try to pull the same thing with me that you experienced. I am prepared to take the gloves off, if necessary.




They were going to shoot me down because my employer's DD was going to be 3-days past the 60-day requirement. I sent a polite secure message asking them to reconsider, given that my employer (who banks with them) had already gone through the effort to set it up and they could see the initial micro-deposits during my last pay period. They never responded to the message but the bonus showed up after a couple of days. The DD is not even set to post until 12/15/11. I think that pointing out that my employer also banks with them may have helped in my situation. I really expected this one to end up in my "blown deals" section of the spreadsheet!

andrey2506 said:   Update 2: I talked to PNC CSR on Wednesday, who then transferred me to customer satisfaction dept. Nice lady there asked me to fax her the offer details and said she will escalate this issue to the manager of the promotion's dept (since they shut down my request for the bonus twice already). We'll see what the answer will be..

update: I was shot down on this again by the manager in their promotion department. They stick to the BS reason that they do not allow more than one promotion per customer (in a lifetime, I believe).


PNC Customer DIS-service is just that.

Separate issue from this: on multiple occasions, their online CSRs have told me one thing (I've saved the chats as PDFs) and then something opposite (detrimental to me) happens. Most recently they told me I was preapproved for a credit card via soft pull and no hard pull would be required if I accepted the card. I have those exact words from TWO DIFFERENT REPS in TWO SEPARATE CHATS on TWO DIFFERENT DAYS. They opened the account and never asked for credit pull consent or anything: guess what, they pulled my credit (hard pull). When I asked about it and escalated it, I was told, "Sorry, we'll do more training."

They've converted my checking account from one type to another that doesn't even exist anymore, causing me to lose PNC Points. And I had to fight to have that fixed and my points credited properly.

And now they changed the terms of their Points program again, getting rid of the 50 pts per online bill pay (up to 500 per month) and changing the points to 1 pt per $2 vs 1 pt per $1, amongst other detrimental (to the consumer) changes.

Sorry ... just so fed up with them (yes, I am already looking for a better bank in my local area).

Thanks OP! Just signed up. Was looking for a better way to manage my bank accounts and Virtual Wallet should do that. I'll give it a try.

I didn't get my reward for a previous promo....sounds like they never pay without an arm twisting....

maddybeagle said:   I didn't get my reward for a previous promo....sounds like they never pay without an arm twisting....


Yep! You gotta fight for every penny with them! If you push enough you will usually get your bonus providing you satisfied the requirements. They were going to deny my bonus due to my DD arriving 2-days past their required time frame. I sent a polite but stern secure message and, among other things, pointed out that my employer - who is a long time PNC client - went to a lot of trouble to get the DD set up and that they could see my trial deposits were posted within the time frame. A couple days later, my bonus arrived with no comments from their end. They are definitely one of the harder ones to get a bonus!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014