• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've been using my Chase Freedom card as my primary and paying it off in full every time but I recently signed up for the Citi MC PLatinum Select 0% for 21 months so now i'll be using this one. The CHase Freedom is paid off and at $0 balance now but I just made a return for $350. I'm just concerned that when I call in to have it credited back to me in a check, they'll review the account and notice that the credit limit of $28,000 is too high for a non balance carrying account? Is that an issue? I recall a few years ago, Wells Fargo reduced my credit limit from $3500 to $750... My credit history is excellent IMO and according to credit karma has been at 785 the last two years.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you don't call, will their system cut you check automatically after the next statement closes?

Cant you charge 350 dollars and pay it off? Doesn't seem like a big amount.

alphaivt said:   I'm just concerned that when I call in to have it credited back to me in a check, they'll review the account and notice that the credit limit of $28,000 is too high for a non balance carrying account?Then don't call. Just charge it away.

What's your highest credit limit with a Chase Freedom credit card?

$500.

I had a $45k limit on the Freedom card until a few months ago when I applied for an Ink Business card. They gave the Ink card a $20k limit but dropped the non-business Freedom card down to $25k. I very rarely used it and the drop came just before the 0% with no transaction fee offer. Fortunately, the Ink card has 0% on purchases so I could still make some use of it.

Your credit limit depends on your household income and spending. It probably has nothing to do with what card product it is, be it freedom, sapphire, southwest, whatever.

Also, if you have multiple cards from Chase, they seem more concerned about total credit exposure than the limit on any given card.

Chase cut my Wamu card down to the 0% balance when it converted, and really haven't been generous with me since the 2008 meltdown. So I was surprised to get a $15k CL on my new Southwest card, without cutting the CL on my Freedom or any other card. That makes the Southwest card my 2nd largest Chase card. Maybe they are hoping that I'll put a nice five digit BT on my Southwest card at 14%?

alphaivt said:   the credit limit of $28,000 is too high for a non balance carrying account? Is that an issue?

It's a non-issue. I have a CHASE Freedom with a higher CL and hardly ever use it. BTW, I never carry any balances on my cards; I PIF after each statement. If you don't want to request a check for the $350, just charge a few items to void the credit.

Good Luck,

$5000 CL on my Chase Freedom. Has stayed there for two years since I got it. Just called today to get a credit limit increase and APR decrease. CSR was upfront: "We will pull your credit report." Anyone with a Chase Freedom card have any luck getting an CLI as of late?

Again, the probability of a successful CLI and your new limit depends on your household income, spending, credit history, and your total credit exposure with the card issuer. It has nothing to do with luck.

alphaivt said:   credit history is excellent IMO and according to credit karma has been at 785 the last two years.That's a piece of granite as far as I'm concerned. I've used CreditKarma for about as long. It never moves from a given number without a major major event in your credit. It's the only service that I use that almost never changes the number. My other service of choice always varies every few months.

Im at 797 on Credit Karma. I can't get it to go to 800 no matter how hard I try. Theres another score I think Trans Risk or something that I had in the 900s which actually went up 10 points or so as I paid back my bills.

Can get any card I want. I have 2 Freedom's. One is a Signature, the regular is a plane jane card.

Limits I believe are in the 20,000 range or something like that.

Im peak as far as credit goes. But I don't want credit. I want cash. I don't want to go into debt and cash is tough to get in this economy. More layoffs, less people trading and spending, its a recession right now and a vicious cycle.

Freedom is flexible on limits for those with high incomes especially on the Signature ones. So I bet there are very high limits on those. Chase is a prime issuer and as such will give big credit lines to those credit worthy customers.

I have multiple chase accounts and my lines are in the 5 figure ranges on all of them, some with flexible spending limits but the credit limits are prolly in the mid 20,000 range, I think just under 25,000 on the highest one.

Good luck.

I believe the Chase Freedom had its day and there are better cards now on the market. Depends I guess what you are looking for, considering the nature of the market.

Citibank loves to play dirty. I had a card with a lower interest rate previously. The new Thank You is 20.99% purchase rate on the regular card and the rewards program percentage is also poor from what I see. I have no reason to use cards like these.

Credit Cards aren't evil if used appropriately and with the right card with the rewards or benefits you need or want.

I will likely never use the card. A nice issuer would have given me the Thank You Preferred or a better tiered card to retain my business. So no wonder I don't want to use a Citibank account and haven't done business with them. Surely they could have given me a Forward card instead from the getgo if they really wanted my business as a customer.

Chase has been nice with the Sapphire and Capital One has been nice with the Venture, though I did apply for the Venture directly and wasn't solicited it.

Over time, Chase has been all over the map behaviorwise. When my cards were FirstUSA, CLs were raised routinely from time to time. When Chase took over, all was well for a while, then they cut the CLs. This was all prior the bank crisis. During the bank crisis and right after, Chase cut CLs for tons of folks and raised rates and terms. One of my cards went to 27.99% APR for no reason. While that did not make me happy, it was no big deal since I pay in full each month.

Chase never cut my CL's. Never got an increase but it never got cut. Ive been spending less than before not more. But I always and will continue to pay in full as Ive always have unless its a 0% offer and I have the cash on hand in the coffers to pay it in full after the 0% is over.

My Chase Cards:

Sapphire World Mastercard
Freedom visa signature
Freedom visa platinum
Amazon visa signature

Limit wise Im not even sure what they are at. I don't even come close and I have the no preset limit so if I ever charged above the limit, I would pay the entire amount in cash outright. They are prolly between 10,000 and mid 20,000 limits I presume.

grex23 said:   Limit wise Im not even sure what they are at.Do you even realize you incoherent ramblings do not contribute to this or any other thread you've posted in?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014