• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Look out in your mail for a targeted Rec Reward set of 0% checks, no fees, 12 months. I got mine last week. I used this card for my AOR 3.0 back on 2009. I only was approved ~ 7k back then.

I have been reviewing every set of "0%" checks and finally got one with no fees! I hope this is the new trend, I miss updating my AOR every month.

I got a targeted mailer with 2 checks from rec rewards. Gave me a 12k credit line and stated if I used check immediately they would bump my limit anoter 7k$! I called Barclay to confirm and got very mixed signals. The "on hold" advertisement repeated the 0% deal. Then the operator tried to tell me it was not true?!? and told me I could only write check for 7k$? I repeatedly told her my credit line wask 12k and the adder was 7K so I wanted to deposit check into account today for 19k$. She said no. I read it to her ~ 3 times before she relented and said I could write for my existing credit like of 12k, but not for the "automatic approved" 7k. I deposited 12k today. I told her I would call back in 7 days to check on approval status. I will dump this into my Coulee HYCA account for the 12 months.

I repeat, I believe this is ONLY targeted. Their number is 866-740-0498, www.barclaycardUS.com

I hope to get amap this time! Check your mail!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

I believe the 0% APR is promotional and only good til September.

Edit: Sorry I can't read it says September 2012.

I don't think an "App-O-Rama" can consist of getting one 0% BT/$0 fee from a card that you already have applied for and already have had in good standing.

I do like the idea of a "trend" of these offers coming along. Discover has a 0%/$0 BT offer too right now if you aren't aware.

I just checked discover's site and only see all of their cards have a 0% with 3%bt fee.

check here before you dump that $$ into a 2.55% account. you can get closer to 4% elsewhere and depending on location you might get 5%.

also.. on the barclays checks, you could take the balance transfer for $7K, pay it off immediately then take another transfer for the full $19K. i haven't tried it but i got the same offer and i would at look into that strategy (ie. find out whether the transfer is a one-off deal or whether you can do multiple transfers within the offer time window) before pulling the trigger.

MDfive21 said:   check here before you dump that $$ into a 2.55% account. you can get closer to 4% elsewhere and depending on location you might get 5%.

also.. on the barclays checks, you could take the balance transfer for $7K, pay it off immediately then take another transfer for the full $19K. i haven't tried it but i got the same offer and i would at look into that strategy (ie. find out whether the transfer is a one-off deal or whether you can do multiple transfers within the offer time window) before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for reminding me of Coulee Bank's sinking APY's... Midwest Bank is @ 4.11% .. May be looking into that soon here.

I received this offer last week, spouse received this week. Called in to get direct deposit into checking account (this is what we did when we first opened the card), but was told that they couldn't do that. The rep said to write the check to ourselves and deposit, she stated not to write "cash" anywhere on the check or it may be treated as a cash advance. As for the "automatic credit line increase" I was told that they would have to pull a credit report. We decided to just use our actual credit line limits and transfer our bank of america balances.

Definitely check online if you don't plan on using the "automatic credit limit increase", the posting expiration date is October 2011 (online).

jnheinz said:   MDfive21 said:   check here before you dump that $$ into a 2.55% account. you can get closer to 4% elsewhere and depending on location you might get 5%.

Thanks for reminding me of Coulee Bank's sinking APY's... Midwest Bank is @ 4.11% .. May be looking into that soon here.

which midwest bank? I checked out a few banks - midwest bank, 1st midwest, bank midwest, but didn't see a reward checking 4.11% account option...thanks!

thanks md5 for the HYCA ideas. I reviewed them and they are too far from me to qualify. I hope Barclay will approve me and I can get the final 7k into my bank before the deal expires in sept.

SERIOUSLY suggest you modify title to lose the "AOR" part. Especially since:

1. You did no "APP" to get the offer
2. taking advantage of 1 deal (and a very good deal it is) is not an "O-Rama"

other than that, great news, I have added the thread to my watch list, and good luck (My barclays card has not yet sent me such a good offer).

Everyone, I think we can help OP create a new term for what he is doing... Suggestions???

REALLY Free money part 1!!!
Bank LOVES me Part 1!
etc...

johnghorton said:   thanks md5 for the HYCA ideas. I reviewed them and they are too far from me to qualify. I hope Barclay will approve me and I can get the final 7k into my bank before the deal expires in sept.

??? i don't get that. what state are you in?

consumers and lake michigan CUs are nationally available with a small 'donation/membership fee' to some organization. consumers is 4.09% up to $10K and lake mich is 4.00% up to $15K.

I am in PA. Best offers were in the North, Erie, with GE credit union. I will check on the lake michgan CU's, I would love to get 10% if I can get in. Using debit card for frequent purchases is no problem.

if you live anywhere near erie or crawford counties (or even if you don't), pick a church and go worship there . then you qualify for erie GE CU.
4.07% apy up to $25K, no membership fees, and you can put the whole $19K bt in one account instead of spreading it out like you'd have to do at consumers or lake mich.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014