Capital One® Cash Credit Card

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
New Capital One offering. Just appeared on the website.

1% CashBack with a 50% CashBack yearly bonus. And $100 if you spend $500 in the 1st 3 months promotion.

Its a World MasterCard for excellent credit customers.

Compared to the 1.25 miles per $1, this one is a straight Cash Back.

Member Summary

Disclaimer (1.85MB)
Thanks bobbyvescolives
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That does not appear to be the case. You can redeem $25 in rewards for a $25 Amazon card, or $50 for $50, etc.

markb1024 (Feb. 28, 2012 @ 6:26p) |

I just got my annual-fee Venture converted into this Cash CC (they offered me a Visa, not a Mastercard). Same Visa Signa... (more)

gato (Mar. 11, 2012 @ 2:10p) |

Cap1 Fraud department recently caught 2 unauthorized charges on my account from tacaint.com (airline tickets). Keep an ... (more)

ablang (Mar. 15, 2012 @ 11:45a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Where is the website?

Answer: yes

Question: What credit card is this?

Question: What does "capital" mean?

• Also categorized in:

grex23 said:   New Capital One offering. Just appeared on the website.

1% CashBack with a 50% CashBack yearly bonus. And $100 if you spend $500 in the 1st 3 months promotion.

Its a World MasterCard for excellent credit customers.

Compared to the 1.25 miles per $1, this one is a straight Cash Back.

So is this a premium card? You also missed the Cap1 business card that gives 2% back on all purchases, though it does have an annual fee.

Just wondering if the fidelity AMEX that gives 2% back on all purchases would also be considered premium.

So what's the experts verdict on this new card? My chase freedom rewards is changing as of 9/1 (no more $200 for $250 check) so I'm looking around for a new all-around rewards card to use. Already use Penfed for gas.

I would apply for this but Im accumulating points on my Chase right now which also gives 2% back on restaurants.

You need to spend $500 in 3 months, so I will hold off on this card. Hopefully promo will exist at a later time.

Been a Capital One visa member for 12 yrs and denied...Anyone have a # to call that doesn't send you to an India CSR?

Would actually use this card as I don't have a MC yet and no annual fee.

Seems like a great deal to replace the dying Schwab card. Effectively a 1.5% card with no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fee. Looks great.

Been a Capital One visa member for 12 yrs and denied..

Hows the FICO score? It says excellent credit only. I think its new because I don't recall seeing the offering before.

20% bonus for the 1st 3 months is nice if you spend $500 over 3 months. Comes to 20% CashBack and 1.50% over the year as well.

Capital One seems to have awesome offerings now.

ColbyS said:   If anyone that applied and received the Venture card for the matching miles promo also applies and receives this card please post. I thought Venture closed...just like Zayre and Turnstyle...

If I had $500 to charge I would apply right now. I have multiple Capital One cards all paid in full including the Venture.

If I knew I would be spending $500 I would grab this card. But the truth is I have nothing I want to spend $500 on since I want to save not spend.

The promotion looks like its only good on purchases.

Im tempted to apply but the 3 month limitation is bothersome.

Approval is based upon satisfying Capital One’s credit standards.
I must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid social security number, unless otherwise specified.
I may be ineligible if I have responded to a previous offer for a credit card issued by Capital One within the last 45 days or if I have been approved for a previous Capital One offer.

I got my Venture over 45 days ago and I was not solicited for it. And I haven't responded to any other offer in 45 days plus I have all paid off balances with existing Capital One accounts with a perfect FICO.

So the only thing that could hold them back is if they consider 2 Capital One cards (3 when HSBC merger closes) too much.

Would be shocked if I was denied though. Should be approved even if for a small credit line.

grex23 said:   If I had $500 to charge I would apply right now. I have multiple Capital One cards all paid in full including the Venture.

If I knew I would be spending $500 I would grab this card. But the truth is I have nothing I want to spend $500 on since I want to save not spend.

You don't spend at least $166 on food per month? Even college students spend that much. It can't be that hard.

Yes it is that hard.

I spend very little. I refuse to go into debt. For the card to be worth it I would need to use it on something I knew was $500 or more that could be worth more.

I can get $100 of dining with restaurant.com for free but I haven't used it.

You wonder why most college kids go into debt. It is because they spend way too much. I have 0 debt and I intend for it to stay that way.

I don't see anything I would spend $500 on or more at the moment. In fact I need the $100 cash, not to spend $500 to get 1/5th back (20%).

However if I did spend $500 on something I absolutely needed then yes the Credit Card would pay off.

Capital One gives you over 20% CashBack on the 1st $500 of purchases and for some who need to spend the $500 its well worth it for necessary expenses. But I have no necessary expenses that I charge that are $500 or more.

grex23 said:   Yes it is that hard.

I spend very little. I refuse to go into debt. For the card to be worth it I would need to use it on something I knew was $500 or more that could be worth more.

I can get $100 of dining with restaurant.com for free but I haven't used it.

You wonder why most college kids go into debt. It is because they spend way too much. I have 0 debt and I intend for it to stay that way.

I don't see anything I would spend $500 on or more at the moment. In fact I need the $100 cash, not to spend $500 to get 1/5th back (20%).

However if I did spend $500 on something I absolutely needed then yes the Credit Card would pay off.

C'mon guys, Grex is either really, really slow or a troll, a fact everyone who gave me red for my first post missed.

SeeHere or Here

Neither. I realize that people shouldn't overspend or spend $500 to get $100 back which is a bad ROI.

Just like how people got themselves into the mortgage mess and couldn't pay their bills.

I own my place outright and have no debt and never will. As Suzie Orman says, you can't afford it. If I called into the show and mentioned this deal to her: She would say DENIED. Not sure if her show is still on CNBC or not.

Please share how you pay less than $5 a day in food, yet can afford a computer to get on these forums? You don't go out and spend $500 on something you don't need, you spend it on the necessities of life that you have to spend anyway. I've never been in debt, but even on minimum wage, I had to spend $166 a month to feed myself! You must be a troll.

You make lots of assumptions.

As for paying less than $5 a day on food, I get by just fine.

grex23 said:   I don't see anything I would spend $500 on or more at the momentDont you have to pay for electricity at the trailer park?

grex23 said:   Been a Capital One visa member for 12 yrs and denied..

Hows the FICO score? It says excellent credit only. I think its new because I don't recall seeing the offering before.

I've never checked, only black marks I might have are medical tests that I didn't authorize so refuse to pay.

u must eat junk for under 5$ a day. grex is 300 lbs i bet

0% introductory APR through your 08/2012 billing period

Good food is cheap. I want this card but I can't use the $500 for 3 months since my charges are coming to very little right now and with that Im done.

I will get it at some point in time though. Its a good deal.

In reality the free Venture is 1.25% CashBack each month. Some may not like the 1% and yearly bonus.

However with that being said: There is the 20% CashBack in the 1st 3 months if you spend $500 and there is a full one year of 0% purchase rate. Thats really the advantage for this card.

ColbyS said:   If anyone that applied and received the Venture card for the matching miles promo also applies and receives this card please post.

Done. Got approved today. Also have another Cap One with a very small limit.

For me it would just be a new 0% Purchase rate card. I have nothing to spend $500 on right now. So I'm holding off on this for a little bit.

It is a nice card though.

myth465 said:   ColbyS said:   If anyone that applied and received the Venture card for the matching miles promo also applies and receives this card please post.

Done. Got approved today. Also have another Cap One with a very small limit.

Would you share what the credit limit is on this card and FICO score if you know it?

grex23 said:   Neither. I realize that people shouldn't overspend or spend $500 to get $100 back which is a bad ROI.

Just like how people got themselves into the mortgage mess and couldn't pay their bills.

I own my place outright and have no debt and never will. As Suzie Orman says, you can't afford it. If I called into the show and mentioned this deal to her: She would say DENIED. Not sure if her show is still on CNBC or not.

I think you are confusing ROI and what many people here do. In 5 minutes, I can "spend" $500 in cash equivalents. At the end of the month, I have $600 for "spending" $500 (my $500 back plus the $100 bonus). I'll take 20% ROI on $500 for 5 minutes of work any and every day.

What you are talking about is taking $500, spending it on crack, and then flushing the crack without smoking it, all to get the $100 bonus. This is an 80% loss, not a 20% ROI. No one here advocates this.

It soudns like a decent card, but Cap One pulls all 3 reports, right?

Dunno. It has the 0% purchase, but the 1.50% isn't that attractive because its only 1% per statement cycle, then .50% at the end of the year.

Venture is 1.25 miles all the time so I believe it comes out to more long term.

But whether you do Venture or Capital One Cash, both seem to be good cards overall for excellent credit customers.

$100 bonus is only for new customers

Datapoint: instant approval, 740+ Creditkarma score

I have way too many cards as it is right now.

While I like this one, others are offering higher bonus on stuff.

Chase Sapphire - 2% on Restaurants for instance.

Specialized Vendor CC's (Hilton, Amazon, etc...)

The Capital One Venture I have which is 1.25% rather than 1% and the .50% back at year end even though it offers a promo.

I used to use the Chase Freedom but is it correct they cut back the rewards on these?

I don't see a need for a new card right now so I'll pass on this even though it isn't a bad offering and for some it could be exactly what they want.

grex23 said:   I used to use the Chase Freedom but is it correct they cut back the rewards on these?Years ago, but not recently. Chase checking customers get 1.1% + $.10/transaction, along with 5% quarterlies.

I don't have Chase Checking so I'll wait and see on the Capital One Card.

grex23 said:   I have way too many cards as it is right now.

While I like this one, others are offering higher bonus on stuff.

Chase Sapphire - 2% on Restaurants for instance.

Specialized Vendor CC's (Hilton, Amazon, etc...)

The Capital One Venture I have which is 1.25% rather than 1% and the .50% back at year end even though it offers a promo.

I used to use the Chase Freedom but is it correct they cut back the rewards on these?

I don't see a need for a new card right now so I'll pass on this even though it isn't a bad offering and for some it could be exactly what they want.

How many times are you going to post your intentions of passing on this card?

vnuts21 did you apply for it?

If you did, best of luck with it. Let us know if you got approved.

Its a new card and a new offer. Just so many rewards cards out there on the market right now.

grex23 said:   I don't have Chase Checking so I'll wait and see on the Capital One Card.If you indeed spend less than $167/month, chances are the $.10/transaction would yield far greater than 1.5% in CashBack. Just a thought...

Quovatis said:   Please share how you pay less than $5 a day in food, yet can afford a computer to get on these forums?

Isn't it obvious by now?

Food Stamps: http://ssa.gov/pubs/10101.html
Energy Assistance: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/liheap/
Free Cell Phone: http://www.safelinkwireless.com

The only way you can spend less than $167/mo on things that take credit is to live off the government.

This thread is turning into a riot.

A: Energy doesn't take credit cards unless you pay a hefty surcharge fee which is a rip off so you wind up paying more not less. Why would I want to pay a surcharge and then get only a small tiny fraction of that surcharge back with the rebate. Or perhaps I don't pay for energy bills and have other ways of acquiring energy for free. (Oh physics has come a long way in the 21st century along with new technologies for renewable energy sources)

B: Food is free. You plant it, it grows. Is this concept too hard for you to understand? Animals and livestock come from nature. Yes food is very affordable and cheap.

C: Who needs cellphones when wifi networks are free and plentiful in some areas IF one wished to use such and the devices for such are way cheap if one were to even get one.

D: Telecommunications services like wifi can be had for free or very cheap. You act like computers are expensive and I was in the market for buying a new expensive computer today or something.

Its amazing what goes in through peoples heads and the assumptions one makes.

Thanks for playing.

Skipping 66 Messages...
Cap1 Fraud department recently caught 2 unauthorized charges on my account from tacaint.com (airline tickets). Keep an eye out on your acct.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014