Capital OneŽ Cash Credit Card

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Applied Early 09/2011. Got an error and was told to reapply on the website, but I checked and saw an inquiry was run anyways. Checked status via 8009557070, says application is under review.
9/10/11 still says application is under review.
Called in on 9/9/11 to speak to a live representative to make sure everything was fine and asked if they needed anymore information from me and they didn't. Wouldn't say if I got accepted or denied over the phone.

Called in after 9 business days were up and they told me the account was approved. Ok fine and they will ship out the card on the 10th business day.

It isn't in the online system yet but they told me over the phone I was approved. It was the longest Approval Ive ever had and I had to call in to find out I was approved on the 9th day since I never got any mail by 10 days other than a letter with terms and conditions.

On the 10th day when they said they would mail out a card it apparently isn't in their systems yet.

Still waiting for the card. Will see if it comes next week. System still says account is being reviewed even after 10 days now.

They seem to have removed the inquiry so I'll see what happens. If it comes in a few more weeks, so be it and if I don't get it, I will reapply down the road.

Yeah not concerned about account creation time at all. No account was added yet nor shipped nor was approval or rejection even given but I was given a verbal approval.

rasheedb's comments are probably accurate and it will take awhile to get this card.

Will just wait it out.

Capital One was poor in implentation of the online application process (which crashed on me leading to a manual review), and then I get a letter which was fine but no notice of acceptance or denial by the 10 days.

They really should have prepared for this better but it happens in the business world with the best intention of firms. Capital One I still believe is an excellent firm with excellent products and 2 out of 3 times they have serviced be quite well when I had applied for 2 other cards.

So you think it will take a full month to finally get this card?

I didn't get into the Venture Billion miles promotion but I do like the Venture Card. Capital One finally said at the end I was approved, but yeah it seems like the account creation and card process is the holdup now so its delayed.

I just like finality (accept or reject) rather than getting caught in black holes.

Oh well.

Grex23, it looks like you did not get automatic approval and have to wait for secondary credit review. If you have a thin file, you may be rejected.

-

Thin file? Uhmmm no, perfect credit and on the 9th day they said I was approved but as per the previous poster they seem to be delayed in sending out the card.

They could have just said this day 1. And the letter I got did seem more like an approval than a rejection, it said Terms of the new account but the wording was confusing.

So I guess the whole time, it was just the delay of the card as the previous poster has stated due to lots of people applying.

Wasn't denied and they told me I was approved when I called in on the 9th day. The letter just wasn't clear on that, plus the card got delayed which I didn't know till recently. So when it gets here, it gets here.

Its been 10 days so far so in the next week or 2 I should get it.

rasheedb was right on with the posting. Just wish I knew that before.

Waiting for a card aint the biggest deal in life. It comes when it comes.

Anyone who was manually approved get their cards yet?

rasheedb said:   Looks like this new offering has overwhelmed the new accounts department computers. If one did not get instant approval and gets approved subsequently, it may take up to a month to get cards from them.

The card came out at the end of August, but I suspect many people have not got their cards (or even had a card number created as yet I hear). The three months bonus time starts from the time the account is created.

Between this and the Venture billion miles promo, Capital One is skyrocketing with new accounts. Once they get the ING/HSBC folks over late 2012, it is going to be a busy bank.

At least for HSBC, I have heard Capital One will offer jobs to all US HSBC employees (likely need increased call center capacity).

Rasheed

Will see if you are right. Am waiting this out. Will see what happens in the coming weeks. Since they said I was approved, Im sure it will come eventually.

They told me a week from approval to setup, then 2 wks for card for total of 3 wks including mail.

What does having perfect credit have to do with having a Thin File? this is not looking good

Excuse me, thin file? Absolutely not. Perfect credit, own a home in full, lots and lots of credit cards fully paid for, Capital One fully paid back on cards Ive used with them with 0 outstanding debt.

A high credit score won't exist if you have thin credit since it takes into account all the factors such as age of accounts, accounts paid on time, etc. etc.....

Not sure how someone can get a thin file with a perfect credit score unless you consider no credit score to be perfect credit. If you have newly opened account and are paying them back your credit score won't start out at the top scores till you have a substantial payback history. I am not in this senario of having a thin credit file but if somehow people with thin credit can get top scores somehow, its a failure with the credit scoring models which I know do take into account age of accounts.

They said on the 9th day I was approved. The letter indicated it was terms and conditions for a new account, but I wasn't sure if it was an approval or not but apparently thats how they did their approval letters (never received a denial letter). The holdup as others have reported is the Card availability. They aren't issuing the card yet and as such the status for the card hasn't changed and won't till they start sending those out to people and from these forums I learned it wasn't just me having this problem.

Unlike kaneohe they said they would ship out a card on Friday, so I guess it will take a week or 2 to get the card.

Now that they are running national ads on this card (this one is with Jimmy Fallon akin to how Venture had Alec Baldwin), this card will likely get even more popular.

Rasheed

Jimmy Fallon is running ads now from Late night TV?

I always mix up Kimmel and Fallon. Are they both the same age?

rasheedb yeah I should get the card soon and you were right, the card seems to be delayed for a little while.

Baldwin and Fallon both seem like friendly nice guys even if we don't agree on everything.

If Fallon is doing the marketting on the card, its just bringing up memories of the Fallon show and his guests, some of whom Ive been following for a long time who I never met.

Im not upset about the card delivery, in fact it will just cancel out or they will send it. They seem to have removed my inquiry for whatever reason. So if it comes so be it.

Is the Fallon commercial on the net yet? I have seen Alec Baldwin and the new Small business commercials which seem to have just come out but I haven't seen the Fallon commercial yet.

Was it just a sheer coincidence I was on the railroad and Alec Baldwin (who grew up not far from where I did in the same place as other celebrities) gave a celebrity watch the gap announcement.

The Fallon marketting just brings up memories of others who met him who are really great people.

As for the card, thats not my main or primary concern in life. Just a piece of plastic that looked like a competitive offering. So it either comes or the inquiry is wiped off anyways and I'll reapply at a later date if it still meets my needs.

Capital One

The new commercial.

Yes, my account has been opened finally and Im getting the card for sure.

Done with. Ok so Capital One had teething issues and an unclear letter. Whatever.

Just nothing else going on right now. As far as Fallon's commercial, well it speaks for itself.

Another rockstar pair of threads from grex23...

grex23 said:   If Fallon is doing the marketting on the card, its just bringing up memories of the Fallon show and his guests, some of whom Ive been following for a long time who I never met.So which of Fallon's guests have you met?

grex23 said:   Yes, my account has been opened finally and Im getting the card for sureNo, we need to pull another credit report before final activation

Just stumble on this thread. Why such a big fuzz? If they don't want my business, I will go elsewhere. I don't want to kill my brain cells obsessing over it like this.

So which of Fallon's guests have you met?

Never actually met in person. But sorta felt like I have. People on there have been really friendly and nice, just part of the TV crowd on the other side not afraid of media exposure.

Cest la vie.

What is the best way to redeem points on this card? Take the cash/check, hold them for something with better value?

Ideas appreciated.

Thank you.

rasheedb said:   What is the best way to redeem points on this card? Take the cash/check, hold them for something with better value?

Ideas appreciated.

Thank you.

same question.
just got my $100 rewards bonus.

redeem to pay off balance? or...?

yurgreat said:   
same question.

Redeeming for a check seems best in our situation for this card. They might have a sale on gift cards, but gift cards are so over-rated unless cash redemption is more than 1 pt/1cent.

Rasheed

rasheedb said:   What is the best way to redeem points on this card? Take the cash/check, hold them for something with better value?

Ideas appreciated.

Thank you.

Credit on your account is easy and shows up on your account in only a few days.

rasheedb said:   yurgreat said:   
same question.

Redeeming for a check seems best in our situation for this card. They might have a sale on gift cards, but gift cards are so over-rated unless cash redemption is more than 1 pt/1cent.

Rasheed

I read somewhere that the effective conversion rate to Amazon gift cards works out to a 2% reward. Not having this card, I tried calling their Card Application number to confirm and they refused to tell me until I had applied and been approved for the card at which time I could login to my account and find out

Could one of you with the card look this up and post the answer?

Thanks.

That does not appear to be the case. You can redeem $25 in rewards for a $25 Amazon card, or $50 for $50, etc.

I just got my annual-fee Venture converted into this Cash CC (they offered me a Visa, not a Mastercard). Same Visa Signature bennies and no annual fee

Cap1 Fraud department recently caught 2 unauthorized charges on my account from tacaint.com (airline tickets). Keep an eye out on your acct.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014