• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$250 CashBack with New Chase Freedom Credit Card Approval after spending $500 in 3 Months
Chase [Chase.com] is offering $250 Cash Back when you charge $500 or more during the first 3 months on a new Chase Freedom Visa Card.

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=DJK7&...

- $250 Cash Back when you spend $500 or more in the first 3 months
- 5% Cash Back spent in Bonus Categories
- 10% Cash Back when you shop at select merchants

DETAILS

Rewards Currency
Rewards are earned as points, which can be redeemed for Cash Back. 1% Cash Back equals 1 point. If you choose to redeem for Cash Back, 1 point equals $0.01 Cash Back. For example, 2,000 points can be redeemed for a $20 check.

$250 Cash Back
You will receive 25,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for a $250 check. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make qualifying transactions totaling $500 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Qualifying transactions include purchases, balance transfers, and any checks that are used to access your account, and exclude cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weekslfor bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.lThis one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

No Annual Fee
Please see Pricing & Terms for complete details about rates, fees, and other costs.

5% Cash Back
You earn 1% on all purchases and 4% more in bonus categories for a total of 5%. 4% bonus earn is subject to a quarterly maximum. You will be eligible for quarterly bonuses as long as (i) your account is not in default under, and/or you have not violated, the terms of your Cardmember Agreement and Rewards Program Rules and Regulations at the time accounts are selected for the promotional offers, and (ii) your statements are sent to a US address. Quarterly enrollment required.

1% Cash Back
You will earn 1 point for each $1 of net purchases. You will earn an additional 1 point for each $1 of eligible airfare net purchases made online through the program booking tool. You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. There is no maximum number of points that you can accumulate in the program. Bonus/Promotional offers may have a maximum accumulation. A service fee of up to $20 per ticket may be charged for the use of our toll-free number to book or change airline itineraries. Redemptions made online do not have a service fee. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.

ty
david3808

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I signed up for a similar offer for the $300 CB. I'm glad I waited back then.

corbon (Nov. 17, 2011 @ 11:53p) |

Does anyone happen to know if you and your spouse can sign up seperately and each get the 300.00 bonus offer?

wpflum (Nov. 28, 2011 @ 12:51a) |

If both you and your wife got accounts, neither of which were joint, yes you would be able to get the $300 each.

highrisk (Nov. 28, 2011 @ 6:57p) |

New Chase Freedom Credit Card: Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

other possibilities for previous/existing Chase Freedom Card holders is Chase Sapphire: 50,000 points (redeemable for a $500 check) after spending $3000 in 3 months link
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got a deal where i got 25,000 points or $250 or after my first purchase.

I jumped on a 'Get $300 after $500 in purchases' plus all the Cash Back stuff mentioned above. To start off I got a mailer with $100 bonus, I did not respond then got a $150, then $250 and finally $300 which I accepted. So hopefully waiting game paysoff

WhatTheWho said:   I jumped on a 'Get $300 after $500 in purchases' plus all the Cash Back stuff mentioned above. To start off I got a mailer with $100 bonus, I did not respond then got a $150, then $250 and finally $300 which I accepted. So hopefully waiting game paysoff

My wife gets this frequently, it's gone from $150 to $200 to $250 Cash Back after first purchase. She's holding out for a $300 one before she bites.

I had chase Freedom card earlier and closed it 8 months back. Can I re-apply for this new offer ?

this offer is only for first time customers

Is this the same card that will give a points bonus if you have a checking account with Chase?

JTausTX said:   Is this the same card that will give a points bonus if you have a checking account with Chase?

Yes.

http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/freedom1010

Rasheed

When i follow your link I only see the application I do not see the offer for $250???

Dang it!!! I just applied for the American Express blue card the other day.... I knew I should of waited around for a better offer.

If you apply and receive a 7-10 day here is there automated app status line; 800-436-7927

Damn, why does it have to be Chase? I have flawless credit but I'm tapped out with Chase, last time I applied for a chase card I got denied because I already had "significant lines" with them.

Anyone know how strict Chase is with the "first time customer" thing? I was a freedom card holder at least 6+ months ago...

behuman said:   this offer is only for first time customers

What does "first time" mean? First time for chase freedom credit card or for any chase credit card?

TIA

EndlessKnight said:   Damn, why does it have to be Chase? I have flawless credit but I'm tapped out with Chase, last time I applied for a chase card I got denied because I already had "significant lines" with them.

They have a reconsideration line where you can usually get them to open the new card by consolidating some of your other credit lines: 888-245-0625

Anyone had any luck having them retroactively apply this offer if you opened your card with a smaller CashBack bonus recently?

is this a visa signature card?

fishingace said:   is this a visa signature card?No, Chase Freedom is not a Visa Signature card, just a normal Visa card.

ramanan said:   behuman said:   this offer is only for first time customersWhat does "first time" mean? First time for chase freedom credit card or for any chase credit card? TIA"This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/ accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer." Probably Chase Freedom. Read the Pricing and Terms' funny words: "Replying to this offer: If you omit any information on the form, we may deny your request for an account. If applicable, Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing."
People should apply directly at this unaffiliated link: https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=DJK7

thanks op

Am I correct in assuming that signing up for this promo will net me the $250 AND the 10 and 10 feature since I have a Chase checking account?

centrifuge41 said:   fishingace said:   is this a visa signature card?No, Chase Freedom is not a Visa Signature card, just a normal Visa card.

They've stopped issuing Signature on Freedom now?

Also, do any of you know if the old 25% bonus when redeeming for cash ($250 for 20,000 points) is still alive? Seems to be gone from my 'Ultimate Rewards' redemption portal.

TheWalL said:   centrifuge41 said:   fishingace said:   is this a visa signature card?No, Chase Freedom is not a Visa Signature card, just a normal Visa card.

They've stopped issuing Signature on Freedom now?

Also, do any of you know if the old 25% bonus when redeeming for cash ($250 for 20,000 points) is still alive? Seems to be gone from my 'Ultimate Rewards' redemption portal.
There is a signature version but this offer is probably for a regular visa

The $250 for 20k pts has been gone for a while

Opened my card in July for $200. Just got an additional 5,000 points. Had to speak to a couple of reps as they asked for the invitation code... on an open application - in order to be able to apply the promo.

dozenblackroses said:   Am I correct in assuming that signing up for this promo will net me the $250 AND the 10 and 10 feature since I have a Chase checking account?

That should be automatic with the Freedom. Doesn't matter how you sign up for the card.

Thanks OP,

I signed up about a month ago under the $200 offer as qwertyaas mentioned. I requested an increase to $250 and they denied stating that I needed an invitation code. I then pointed out that the offer does not require a code to sign up online and they agreed to give me the extra 5000 points.

Any ideas on how strict they are with the credit history? My wife has relatively new credit..Have 1 secured credit card (shows up as Regualar credit card in credit report) since 1 year and Kohl's charge card..thinking about jumping on this one..Is citi card better of in this situation? Cannot afford a reject..

wolfy234 said:   Any ideas on how strict they are with the credit history? My wife has relatively new credit..Have 1 secured credit card (shows up as Regualar credit card in credit report) since 1 year and Kohl's charge card..thinking about jumping on this one..Is citi card better of in this situation? Cannot afford a reject..
I would be very suprised if you or wife were approved. I do not know your situation but one inquiry would not concern me.

wolfy234 said:   Any ideas on how strict they are with the credit history? My wife has relatively new credit..Have 1 secured credit card (shows up as Regualar credit card in credit report) since 1 year and Kohl's charge card..thinking about jumping on this one..Is citi card better of in this situation? Cannot afford a reject..

Was in a similar situation and was approved after rejection from US Bank. I think it's worth a try, but if you cannot afford a reject then you should never apply for a credit card again, ever!

Quick Question. If I applied and was instantly approved, does that mean that I met the eligibility requirements and will get the $250 Cash Back OR will they approved the card, but I will not be able to get the Cash Back. I do already have several Chase Credit Cards, but have not received any Cash Back offers in the past

Is there any way to get a Chase checking account if there are no branches in my state?

MavsMan said:   Is there any way to get a Chase checking account if there are no branches in my state?

Well, do you get turned down when you enter your zip code online?

I believe you can open the account online. Alternatively, if you are in another state, you could stop by a branch and open an account.

I believe based on Chase's bank charter anyone inside can open an account (and then you could do almost everything online or via mobile).

Rasheed

rasheedb said:   MavsMan said:   Is there any way to get a Chase checking account if there are no branches in my state?

Well, do you get turned down when you enter your zip code online?

I believe you can open the account online. Alternatively, if you are in another state, you could stop by a branch and open an account.

I believe based on Chase's bank charter anyone inside can open an account (and then you could do almost everything online or via mobile).

Rasheed

Yes when attempting to apply I enter my Zip code it tells me the product is not available... I think I found a work around - By claiming I am in another zip code will let me actually get to the application, then just change the address.

Did you end up needing a promo code to get the extra bonus?

Great deal! Thank you, OP! Applied and got instantly approved.

Heh. Chase has lost its mind. Sent me a targeted offer for $300 Cash Back after 1st purchase, no dollar threshold, with a new Chase Freedom card. The problem is, I already have 3 Freedom cards (only one of which I've applied to directly, the others morphed into from something else, eg. ex-Countrywide card), plus Sapphire, plus Amazon card through Chase, and was recently denied for the AARP card for "having taken advantage of a similar offer in the past." Just great.

Do you mean first time for this specific card, or ever having a Chase card before of any kind?

behuman said:   this offer is only for first time customers

qwertyaas said:   Opened my card in July for $200. Just got an additional 5,000 points. Had to speak to a couple of reps as they asked for the invitation code... on an open application - in order to be able to apply the promo.

dozenblackroses said:   Am I correct in assuming that signing up for this promo will net me the $250 AND the 10 and 10 feature since I have a Chase checking account?

That should be automatic with the Freedom. Doesn't matter how you sign up for the card.

Is the 10 and 10 feature automatic added if I open a checking account after I apply for the Freedom card? Thanks.

Also does anyone have any data points for applying if I just got a AARP card 3 months ago? This would be my 3rd Chase card and I did get the $300 CashBack Freedom Offer in the mail. Thanks.

greekie said:   If you apply and receive a 7-10 day here is there automated app status line; 800-436-7927
I just got the 7-10 or possibly 30 days response, so thanks for this.

Is there also a "reconsideration" number as I am willing to reallocate CLs. I really applied just for the $300 so it will be unfortunate if I got denied when I didn't want the card anyway. Did having a BT on the one Chase cards (Slate) hurt my chances?

Thanks.

Hi,

does the deal is still there... i did not see chase back 250 in Chase.com

fastrack said:   Hi,

does the deal is still there... i did not see chase back 250 in Chase.com

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1134081/

Skipping 4 Messages...
If both you and your wife got accounts, neither of which were joint, yes you would be able to get the $300 each.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 9:30PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.