• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Well if the "promos" are only for people that drawer the card, to get them hooked on a category for 3 months, I'm not interested. Like you - I'd want to use it every day.

rated:
I got in right before they did away with the 2% on all purchases, I'm happy with 2% on all purchases, I'll keep using this card until something better comes along.

rated:
I posted above regarding the Priceline 5% extra reward for (first $500 of) groceries.  For the record and FWIW:

My 2% Priceline card is my principal user.  I use it very, very often.  I have a sock drawer absolutely overflowing with credit cards.  But you will not find my Priceline card there.

rated:
my 2 PL 2% cards are sockdrawed and I never received an offer in the last year, even though we had heavy usage. their redemption system stinks and it's set up to get you to use the card the following months and you have to have at least 25.00 in purchases. I much prefer my Capone Spark business 2% card, even with the 59.00 fe, which I could get back quickly..

rated:
Priceline email offer said: What a rewarding way to start the season! From April 1 through June 30, 2014, you'll earn 2 bonus points for every $1 you spend—up to 2,500 bonus points¹—when you use your Priceline rewards Visa® Card for gas station purchases, restaurant (including fast food) purchases and home improvement store purchases.

Best of all, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card for everyday purchases.
You must activate this offer by May 1, 2014, to earn bonus points! The bonus points will be applied to your account after the promotion ends.

¹ This bonus offer is for select Priceline rewards Visa Card cardmembers and is not transferable. Qualified cardmembers who activate by May 1, 2014, will earn 2 bonus points for every one dollar ($1) in new purchase(s) at gas stations, restaurants, fast food restaurants, and home improvement stores (that are not later returned or rescinded) that post to their account between April 1, 2014, and June 30, 2014, up to a maximum of 2,500 bonus points. Eligible gas station purchases, restaurant purchases, fast food restaurant purchases, and home improvement store purchases are defined by merchant category codes. Each merchant designates a category code to assign to purchases at its establishment. Although most gas station purchases, restaurant purchases, fast food restaurant purchases, and home improvement store purchases will use merchant category codes selected for this offer, it is possible that some gas station, restaurant, fast food restaurant, and home improvement store companies have designated a merchant category code that is not classified as a gas station, restaurant, fast food restaurant, or home improvement store company and therefore any purchases made will not qualify for the promotion. To be eligible for this offer, the cardmember's account must be open and in good standing and they must have activated this promotion by May 1, 2014. Purchases made during periods when the cardmember's account is delinquent, their balance exceeds their credit line or their account is otherwise not in good standing do not qualify for this offer. The bonus points will appear on the cardmember's statement up to 6–8 weeks after the end of the promotion. 

Newest Promotion

rated:
Never get them, but this one is meh anyway, since I already have a Citi Forward.

rated:
KYBOSH said:   

Newest Promotion

Didn't think I would get this one but, I just checked my e-mail and it was there!!  I activated immediately and received my confirmation.

You gotta love Priceline.  7% on gasoline is sweet!  God knows the price is already high and it is rising.  I can use a little relief.

rated:
FYI, I logged in to redeem awards, and it was oddly letting me redeem on purchases of LESS than $25 as well.

rated:
Can anyone confirm from experience whether this card pays 5% on NYOP purchases of Priceline vacation packages (as opposed to hotels or flights)? TIA.

rated:
Good heavens they did it again!  I'm as excited as I can be over $25!  

Seriously, nobody else is doing this so I feel pretty fortunate.  It came in my (snail) mail today.   They are offering two bonus points per dollar spent, up to the customary 2500 bonus points.  You have to activate the offer in order to qualify, and this offer is not being AFAIK extended to everyone.

On the downside:

This time you will have to buy $1250 worth of groceries, Drugstore items, or electronics store purchases, to net the $25 bonus.  Prior, at the rate of 5 points per dollar spent, you only needed $500 worth of purchases.

Still, this is a good deal and no complaints from me.  It's all found money.  They did not have to do this to keep my business!  

rated:
I hope their FICO score is accurate, just received an email, my FICO has changed, logged in to see it went over 800 for the first time, it's up to 815, nothing has changed with my credit, can't see why it would go up..

rated:
this is by far the worst of all offers. 1) they make you wait 60-90 days for the credit 2) you have to use the card and charge an amount equal to the credit (within the window of 20 days). So if you have an offsetting purchase, I guess it's OK, but for 25.00 BOOO!! This card (I already have the 2% card from last year and it's the pits because I don't use it too much, so I had to use it just to get offsetting purchases so as to credit. I switched to the Fidelity 2%. Easy rewards and easy to claim. But the downside is I got the Amex one, and already ran into 2 businesses that don't take Amex.. (Co-pay in Doctors office and Fish store in town)This PL card is sockdrawed.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   this is by far the worst of all offers. 1) they make you wait 60-90 days for the credit 2) you have to use the card and charge an amount equal to the credit (within the window of 20 days). So if you have an offsetting purchase, I guess it's OK, but for 25.00 BOOO!! This card (I already have the 2% card from last year and it's the pits because I don't use it too much, so I had to use it just to get offsetting purchases so as to credit. I switched to the Fidelity 2%. Easy rewards and easy to claim. But the downside is I got the Amex one, and already ran into 2 businesses that don't take Amex.. (Co-pay in Doctors office and Fish store in town)This PL card is sockdrawed.

Sorry to learn you no longer are enjoying your Priceline card.  I agree the redemption procedure is a tiny bit convoluted.  I have two accounts, one for telephone and the other for electric power, to which I can make an (on-line) payment whenever I wish in whatever amount I wish.  I use payments to these accounts to monetize my Priceline rewards.  That approach has been working for me like a champ for quite a long time. 

rated:
I have 118,222 points and am planning a Disney vacation with my wife and horde of kids. As I understand it, partial redemption isn't allowed - so will I need to ensure my Priceline NYOP or Express deal comes out to under $1,182 x 1.5% = $1,773.

Is that correct? If I go over $1,773 I won't be able to use any of my points to pay off the hotel stay?

Secondary question - anyone have a disastrous outcome bidding for a Disney-area location via NYOP? I'm a little nervous I'll get a crappy hotel but hoping if I keep it to 4* or higher I should probably be ok.

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   I have 118,222 points and am planning a Disney vacation with my wife and horde of kids. As I understand it, partial redemption isn't allowed - so will I need to ensure my Priceline NYOP or Express deal comes out to under $1,182 x 1.5% = $1,773.

Is that correct? If I go over $1,773 I won't be able to use any of my points to pay off the hotel stay?

Secondary question - anyone have a disastrous outcome bidding for a Disney-area location via NYOP? I'm a little nervous I'll get a crappy hotel but hoping if I keep it to 4* or higher I should probably be ok.

If you need to go above  $1,773 - just split the stay into more than one booking

Splitting is good for NYOP bidding, it's generally adverse to long stays

Finally, you'd be better off asking the questions about bidding on specialized forums - "better bidding" is one

rated:
Thanks but w/a bunch of kids to move we'll have to figure out a way to keep it all at the same place.

With 30 days to submit a request to cancel out the charge, we should get another months worth of points after the next billing cycle which should include the (5x points) Priceline charge, so my allowable charge should hit $2k.

Love this card.

rated:
Logged in today and noticed I had a new account number. I haven't received a new card or any notifications regarding this so I called in to find out what was going on. I was told there was a data breach with a merchant that I've used the card with and so I was being issued a new card (couldn't disclose which merchant for some reason). Card terms and rewards staying the same.

rated:
Same for me, except I received notification that it was happening and didn't notice it until they stopped letting me use the card.

rated:
No data breach / number change here.

I did confirm that when I did a NYOP bid for a rental car and then accepted their counter-offer, it was still coded as a NYOP purchase for rewards purposes.

The 102.03 charge will take 9,276 points (versus 10,203) to redeem, so they're still offering the redemption bonus on those too, as well as the longer 90 day redemption period.

barrytuneup, IMO used strategically this is actually a very valuable card, especially if you use Priceline at least occasionally and watch for their special offers.

rated:
DaveHanson said:   No data breach / number change here.

I did confirm that when I did a NYOP bid for a rental car and then accepted their counter-offer, it was still coded as a NYOP purchase for rewards purposes.

The 102.03 charge will take 9,276 points (versus 10,203) to redeem, so they're still offering the redemption bonus on those too, as well as the longer 90 day redemption period.

barrytuneup, IMO used strategically this is actually a very valuable card, especially if you use Priceline at least occasionally and watch for their special offers.

90 day redemption?  Did I miss a change - I thought you had 30 days to redeem points toward any purchase?

rated:
DaveHanson said:   No data breach / number change here.

Agreed, this is a great card.  I have the grandfathered 2%/5% version.  It's particularly good with the hotel express deals (coded as NYOP for redemption) since it's fairly straightforward to figure out which hotel you'll end up with.  NYOP car rentals are also typically excellent deals so long as you don't mind waiting at the counter.

rated:
Am posting this just as a heads up for others:

I have not received my bonus points for my Q2 2014 purchases in bonus categories.  For the specifics of that offer, see here:

Link to Q2 2014 categories 

Apparently not everyone received that bonus offer.  I know I did and I know I signed up because I still have the confirming e-mail.

Those bonus points should have been awarded with statement received last month.  It did not happen.  I decided to give the matter one more month.  Yesterday my most recent statement arrived.  No points!

I look for the bonus points on my statement in the Priceline Rewards Summary, on the "Adjustments" line.

Also, when bonus points are awarded, there is a short "Congratulations" message on the first page of my statement under "Customer News".

In the past I've not experienced any problems with this.  The points showed up like clockwork.  Dunno what's going on.  Will have to give them a call. 

rated:
This happened to me, too.  I sent a message via their website and in response they claimed that I never signed up for the bonus.  Luckily, I had kept the email confirmation from months earlier when I signed up for the bonus.  It contained a link to view the email via a browser.  I responded, giving that link.  They relented and said that they created a case to get the bonus applied to my account.

rated:
bluechalk said:   This happened to me, too.  I sent a message via their website and in response they claimed that I never signed up for the bonus.  Luckily, I had kept the email confirmation from months earlier when I signed up for the bonus.  It contained a link to view the email via a browser.  I responded, giving that link.  They relented and said that they created a case to get the bonus applied to my account.

Thank you, bluechalk, for posting.  I appreciate it.

It is disappointing to get confirmation on this one.  You would hope they would not be pulling this kind of crap.

Also, since they award the points so late anyway and owing to the passage of so much time, I guess they figure card holders will not pick this stuff up.  I'll admit, it took me a while to go back and piece together all the elements of this.  Q2 is long over.  And like I wrote earlier, I even gave this an extra month, just in case.

This is disappointing.  And it certainly makes me much more suspicious of such offers going forward.    

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.