[!!This offer appears to be dead for new applicants. See comments later in the thread!!]
Priceline 2% rewards card. Details:
- Earn 5 points (5%) per dollar spent on "name your own price" Priceline purchases (regular Priceline (non-NYOP) purchases only 2 points)
- Earn 2 points (2%) per dollar spent everywhere else
- 5000 point ($50.00) signup bonus
- $60 Priceline bonus cash coupon towards name-your-own-price hotel (restrictions: max $12/day (5 day booking to get $60), minimum 3* hotel, expiry date of 12/31. This is apparently awarded after first Priceline purchase with the card)
- 1 point per $1 for balance transfers in the first month (up to 2500) (But seems there is a 3% BT fee which kills this to me)
- Points post as soon as purchases post (don't have to wait until statement close)
- Awards apply as statement credit, minimum 2500 to redeem. Must use to completely pay off a particular charge >$25.00. Can use as soon as have sufficient point balance.
- no annual fee
- Underwritten by Barclays bank delaware
- Points expire after 4 years if not used
Terms and conditions: https://www.juniper.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=CCVVS36...
Though the signup bonus is pretty mediocre, a 2% general rewards visa is a good deal (there aren't many left).
If you use your points to pay off Priceline purchases, then you get a bonus, as follows:
[Thanks ZJamaican for collecting the data]
$.01 - $199.99 - 9.1% (1/11) point discount - Effective 2.2% CB
$200.00 - $399.99 - 16.6% (2/12) point discount - Effective 2.4% CB
$400.00 - $599.99 - 23.0% (3/13) point discount - Effective 2.6% CB
$600.00 - $799.99 - 28.6% (4/14) point discount - Effective 2.8% CB
$800.00 - Infinity - 33.0% (5/15) point discount - Effective 3.0% CB
[Note: If you are not a US citizen (i.e. green card, or here on visa), you may have some trouble getting this visa, as Barclays is rejecting/asking more info of applicant's whose credit file started at a later age]