QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

New priceline visa - with 2% rewards on purchases / 5% rewards on "Name your own price"

33 of 55
Calluna
12/29/12 5:32 PM
kintro said:   

Got email offer today:
Guessing it is not targeted but do not know.

Use your Priceline rewards Visa® Card January 1 through March 31, 2013 and earn 5 bonus points for every $1 you spend — up to 2,500 bonus points — on purchases and payments you already make today in the following categories¹:

• Grocery stores
• Movie theaters
• Utility bills (phone/cable & satellite TV/standard utilities)

Best of all, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card every day.

You must activate this offer by January 20, 2013 to receive bonus rewards!

These PL Visa offers are slimming down the number of cards in my wallet. Current promo, iirc, was restaurants & electronics.

I got a similar offer, except I only get 2 bonus points per $1. The maximum bonus points is still 2500, however.
SegaRob
1/14/13 9:25 PM
hm, seems like ive missed a gold mine here. ive been really out of the loop.

just applied, got approved for $9.8k. crazy thing is that it still remembers my login info from a barclays frontier CC that was closed years ago.
abracadaver
1/21/13 5:12 PM
So this is a Barclays card? I have a US Airways Barclays card that I was going to cancel before the Annual fee comes, any chance I'd have any luck converting it to the Priceline instead?
mattun
1/21/13 9:01 PM
abracadaver said:   

So this is a Barclays card? I have a US Airways Barclays card that I was going to cancel before the Annual fee comes, any chance I'd have any luck converting it to the Priceline instead?

Probably not. I failed with a Travelocity card. You however can move your credit line to the new card, but it's kind of a pain. You have to call on Weekdays and even if the outsourced CS says you can't, repeat that you can do this. They eventually will transfer you to their American counterparts who will set it up (I've gone through this twice this year).
Squeezer99
1/25/13 9:17 AM
Barclay's must be really stingy with their credit. I have a Sallie Mae visa with them back when it was a 2% card, and an NFL Extra Points card. I was declined from the Priceline 2% card due to "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware". I called the reconsideration number and the anaylst told me he saw that I recently applied for 5 cards (mini-bonus o rama) and did the same thing in 2010 and 2007! I was shocked they went back to 2007 when looking at credit. So, the credit analyst could do nothing for me, even when I asked if I could close the Sallie Mae and NFL extras cards to free up credit to apply to the Priceline card.

So now I'm calling Barclays, and I'm going to close both of my accounts with them.
KYBOSH
1/25/13 10:34 AM
Squeezer99 said:   

.... I recently applied for 5 cards (mini-bonus o rama) and did the same thing in 2010 and 2007!

Just a minute... did you apply for multiple BARCLAY cards in 2007 and 2010?
Squeezer99
1/25/13 10:46 AM
KYBOSH said:   

Squeezer99 said:   

.... I recently applied for 5 cards (mini-bonus o rama) and did the same thing in 2010 and 2007!

Just a minute... did you apply for multiple BARCLAY cards in 2007 and 2010?

I honestly don't remember. Perhaps you are correct and I did, and that is what they are seeing in their system.
CokeSlurpee711
1/25/13 11:11 AM
Squeezer99 said:   

Barclay's must be really stingy with their credit. I have a Sallie Mae visa with them back when it was a 2% card, and an NFL Extra Points card. I was declined from the Priceline 2% card due to "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware". I called the reconsideration number and the anaylst told me he saw that I recently applied for 5 cards (mini-bonus o rama) and did the same thing in 2010 and 2007! I was shocked they went back to 2007 when looking at credit. So, the credit analyst could do nothing for me, even when I asked if I could close the Sallie Mae and NFL extras cards to free up credit to apply to the Priceline card.

So now I'm calling Barclays, and I'm going to close both of my accounts with them.

Damn. I have a feeling I got denied for my Priceline & US Air apps. I will call & reconsider when I am though. I guess if not inst-approved, presume rejection letter mailed.
NutsAboutGolf
2/7/13 8:32 AM
Anyone know if accrued points ever expire?
+1
Sportsgirl30
2/7/13 10:17 AM
NutsAboutGolf said:   

Anyone know if accrued points ever expire?

They expire after four years if not used.
33 of 55
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.