At lease .I can deleted this card form my want list

rated:
Guess a lot people will get upset !

rated:
Good thing you split that into 3 posts.

rated:
sorry,my bad

rated:
sackland87 said:   Good thing you split that into 3 posts.I'm still trying to figure out what's going on in this thread with these two.

rated:
This has been my primary daily usage card for almost the past 2 years. Really hope nothing happens to it for existing cardholders.

rated:
I am so sad. Why I always miss the card I want to apply soon in my want list ....such as this Priceline and freedom mastercard...

No chance for this card?

rated:
fenygirl said:   Guess a lot people will get upset !
Can you fax your special pics to Barclays ?

rated:
bbr said:   Does anyone have a CL higher than $25k? I just used their online CL request and it bumped me up to $25k (from $22k) but I asked for $30k.

Yep, my limit is over 25K. I don't believe there is any real cap limit on Barlcay's cards.

rated:
fenygirl said: Guess a lot people will get upset !

xoneinax said: Can you fax your special pics to Barclays ?

Will you also fax them to me as well? Please!!!

This way I can add it as my picture to the 2% Capital One Venture Card. Thanks.

rated:
This card is worth it just for the William Shatner logo. I get a lot of laughs whenever I use it. And with laughter being the best medicine, I save lots of money on medical bills. The 2% is icing on the cake, and I hope it stays for a very long time.

I use only 2 other cards -- Blue Cash Preferred for my groceries and anyplace else that only takes AMEX, and PenFed Cash Rewards for gasoline (this card stays in my glove compartment and comes in handy when I forget my wallet but am out driving without a license).

rated:
Just an FYI to anyone that wants this card: It's officially dead, Jim.

I applied about a week ago using the link posted. The terms and conditions indicated 2%, but the card was not instantly approved. I called their reconsideration line and was told that the card was not approved because the offer was discontinued. The credit analyst then told me to reapply for the new card (with only 1% CashBack).

Those of you with the 2% card currently, I HOPE your card maintains the 2% benefit for forever, but I wouldn't bet on it, personally.

rated:
It sounds like it is time to pickup a backup 2% card.

rated:
talonesi said:   It sounds like it is time to pickup a backup 2% card.

Please let us know if you find one. It appears other than Fidelity's AMEX card, there are none.

rated:
FNBO has a 2% Visa card. But, it's only for one year...

Link

rated:
BTW, the Priceline card is really bad with disputes. They are wanting to side with the merchant with a dispute I currently have for an item received that was defective!

I'm seriously considering stopping using this card and for sure will stop if the 2% goes away.

AMEX is just so much better with disputes and over all customer support.

rated:
Heh, I just got this card to start getting 2% instead of the 1% I was getting. And I got in on the 2% deal, hope it stays and I'm grandfathered in under the wire!

rated:
bobfather said:   Those of you with the 2% card currently, I HOPE your card maintains the 2% benefit for forever, but I wouldn't bet on it, personally.I hope so too, but if it goes to 1% soon, I'll probably apply for their US Airways card for the bonus miles before US gets absorbed into American, and move my credit limit over.

rated:
clemente21 said:   bobfather said:   Those of you with the 2% card currently, I HOPE your card maintains the 2% benefit for forever, but I wouldn't bet on it, personally.I hope so too, but if it goes to 1% soon, I'll probably apply for their US Airways card for the bonus miles before US gets absorbed into American, and move my credit limit over.

There's also a Capitol One Cash Rewards card that gives 1% and then another .5% annually so that may be another option.

rated:
cashbackcardsonly said:   talonesi said:   It sounds like it is time to pickup a backup 2% card.

Please let us know if you find one. It appears other than Fidelity's AMEX card, there are none.

If it is still available the BOA Travel Rewards Privileges Card is a little better than 2%. See the thread on it.

rated:
cashbackcardsonly said:   talonesi said:   It sounds like it is time to pickup a backup 2% card.

Please see my thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1275879/

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   
If it is still available the BOA Travel Rewards Privileges Card is a little better than 2%. See the thread on it.

That is good as well as the no-AF BofA travel card at 1.65% if you have a BofA checking account, however the rewards need to be spent on travel bought with this card.

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   I just got an email from Priceline Visa entitled "Coming soon...a totally new online cardmember experience" regarding some new portal page they're rolling out and noticed that I had a small wave of anxiety hit me as soon as I saw the message in my inbox.

Am I the only one with a minor case of PTSD due to the Schwab 2% card termination experience?

*grabs paper bag*

rated:
esoterica said:   cashbackcardsonly said:   That bites! At least I know why I was turned down. Can't be bothered with a brokerage 2% card, Is there any other 2% cards in existence?

The Citi Thank You Premier and Prestige cards are effectively 2.67% Cash Back cards if you fly a lot:

- 1 Thank You Point (TYP) for every dollar you spend
- 1 Flight Point (FP) for every mile flown using tickets purchased with the card; 1 FP gets converted into a TYP for each TYP you earn by spending
- 33% bonus TYP redemption on airfare (1 TYP = $0.0133), and tickets can be purchased with a combination of TYPs and cash so you don't have to have enough TYPs to cover the whole ticket

Also the Premier card gives 1.2 TYPs for supermarkets, gas stations, drugstores, commuter transportation and parking merchants, for an effective 3.2% max for those categories (1.2 TYPs + 1.2 FPs + 33% bonus), and the Prestige card gives 2 TYPs for dining, for an effective 5.33% max.

This has been on top of my mind for a few days now (since I have the TY Premier) and I think your double counting,

Just because you earn miles when you make those flight purchases doesn't make this a 2% card.

ie.

Consider a generic card that offers 1% CashBack vs TY Premier

I spend $10,000 and earn $100CB or 10000 TYP

I now decide to spend my reward on a flight, I can use the $100 cash or redeeming my TYP points gets me a $133 discount.

Either way I get miles. I don't consider the 1% card a 1% + 1 mile card, so you shouldnt do the same for the TY Premier.

rated:
rlaw said:   esoterica said:   cashbackcardsonly said:   That bites! At least I know why I was turned down. Can't be bothered with a brokerage 2% card, Is there any other 2% cards in existence?

The Citi Thank You Premier and Prestige cards are effectively 2.67% Cash Back cards if you fly a lot:

- 1 Thank You Point (TYP) for every dollar you spend
- 1 Flight Point (FP) for every mile flown using tickets purchased with the card; 1 FP gets converted into a TYP for each TYP you earn by spending
- 33% bonus TYP redemption on airfare (1 TYP = $0.0133), and tickets can be purchased with a combination of TYPs and cash so you don't have to have enough TYPs to cover the whole ticket

Also the Premier card gives 1.2 TYPs for supermarkets, gas stations, drugstores, commuter transportation and parking merchants, for an effective 3.2% max for those categories (1.2 TYPs + 1.2 FPs + 33% bonus), and the Prestige card gives 2 TYPs for dining, for an effective 5.33% max.

This has been on top of my mind for a few days now (since I have the TY Premier) and I think your double counting,

Just because you earn miles when you make those flight purchases doesn't make this a 2% card.

ie.

Consider a generic card that offers 1% CashBack vs TY Premier

I spend $10,000 and earn $100CB or 10000 TYP

I now decide to spend my reward on a flight, I can use the $100 cash or redeeming my TYP points gets me a $133 discount.

Either way I get miles. I don't consider the 1% card a 1% + 1 mile card, so you shouldnt do the same for the TY Premier.

Esoterica is not double counting. You are correct about the mileage aspect - whether you use TYPremier or another 1% card to buy a flight you get the same flight miles. With the TYPremier, you also get 1 Citi flight point for each mile of that flight. Those flight points turn to TY points with matching lifetime spend. In other words, it you spend at least as much on the card as the # of miles of flight purchases you put on the card, you will be getting 2 TY points per $1 spent on everything.

rated:
rlaw said:   This has been on top of my mind for a few days now (since I have the TY Premier) and I think your double counting,

dukerau is correct, I believe you're conflating points earned on the airline ticket purchase with points earned on miles actually flown. This card gives you both, so, e.g., a $300 CLT-LAX round trip ticket would earn you 300 Thank You Points and 4250 Flight Points, which will be banked and converted automatically to TYPs at a 1:1 ratio as you earn TYPs through spending (conversely, if you have earned more TYPs from spending than you have earned from Flight Points, new Flight Points will be immediately converted to TYPs up to the total amount of TYPs you have previously earned through spending).

This is on top of the miles you earn through the airline's own frequent flier program.

So as long as you fly often, and can apply TYPs to airfare purchases, the Premier and Prestige cards are 2.67% cards, plus bonus categories.

Read Citi's description here.

rated:
MissCrabette said:   What's wrong with a brokerage card? It works wonderfully. The only problem is that a couple of places don't take AMEX, which is why I was trying to fill that gap with this Priceline card.

Well... there is also the problem of the Fidelity card being issued by FIA, and I've never been a fan of their dispute handling. It will be sad to see this option go away, though.

rated:
This card was around for a pretty long time,

Why all of a sudden has it become so popular?

rated:
This Priceline card is atrocious with regards to disputes. They just take your phone call but don't do zilch with handling the dispute at all. I actually think they may be in non compliance with some consumer credit card laws or something.

They don't credit back the charge, they don't follow up for more information, they basically just ignore you.

You've been warned. I'm stopping using this card excpet for charges I'm certain would not have to be disputed.

rated:
I love the card, One question, I zapped a purchase after receiving a statement, so is it safe to pay the current balance and not the statement balance? After zapping it said, this does not count as a payment. For example statement balance is $175, credit reduces the current balance to $150, if I just pay the $150 will they charge interest on the $25?

rated:
TonySpero said:   I love the card, One question, I zapped a purchase after receiving a statement, so is it safe to pay the current balance and not the statement balance? After zapping it said, this does not count as a payment. For example statement balance is $175, credit reduces the current balance to $150, if I just pay the $150 will they charge interest on the $25?

Your example indicates a balance of $150.00 after applying the credit. Why would you think you still owe $175.00?

rated:
It's the message I got after applying the credit: "This does not count as a payment", that's what's throwing me off, anyway, I paid the statement balance.

rated:
I've called them previously about the credit and it was explained to me that they count it like a merchant credit, i.e. counts against total balance, but not against current statement balance. Only way you can reduce your regular payment is if you haven't charged any additional $$ to the card since the previous statement.

rated:
KYBOSH said:   This card was around for a pretty long time,

Why all of a sudden has it become so popular?

Because Capital One killed the 2% (now 1.5%) HSBC card that was transferred into their care recently.

rated:
i find that if you use the credit asap on the current charges, it comes off the statement. i.e. if you have a balance online(before statement)of 150.00 and you apply points to a charge (lets say $26.00)that charge comes off. So your bill will be 150-26=124. But it has to be done before the statement goes to billing. It's a crappy system, but kudos to the man who designed this system, they get you to use card. NFL card works same way. Just check the balance every few days and use the points asap.

rated:
Found out today that unlike Chase and others, this card does *not* reduce the auto payment amount based on other payments made during the billing cycle. Left me with a $4K negative balance.

rated:
This card never really got much publicity, so not that many people knew about it. Plus, they used to have more competition than they do now.
Not much to recommend it (even if it was still around for new accounts) other than the 2%. I used to go NYOP all the time, but in the past few years, I've hardly used it at all. Honestly, maybe used my PL card once for an actual PL stay. If they do away with the 2%, there will be NO reason to stay on.

rated:
I just saw this and I appreciate the heads up. I'm pretty reliant on my Priceline card and if it goes away I'm gonna miss it a lot. Just used it to pay my taxes, for example.

If Priceline 2% vanishes, I'll shift to my "1-2-3" card and be forced to buy gift cards using the 2% rewards feature that card offers me at supermarkets. That's a nuisance compared with the existing Priceline situation. But I don't see any practical alternatives. My "1-2-3" card has seen little use recently because I'm still spending down gift cards for supermarket and gas that I bought a while back when I could get 5% (and even 10%) rewards. Given Priceline future now has become clouded, need to exercise that "1-2-3" card just a bit so they do not cancel.

rated:
phototristan said:   This Priceline card is atrocious with regards to disputes. They just take your phone call but don't do zilch with handling the dispute at all. I actually think they may be in non compliance with some consumer credit card laws or something.

They don't credit back the charge, they don't follow up for more information, they basically just ignore you.

You've been warned. I'm stopping using this card excpet for charges I'm certain would not have to be disputed.

I had a different dispute experience...I called to dispute; I returned an item and never received the credit; first time was told I had to wait ten business days which I did. When I called the foreign CSR was polite yet his attitude was very "are you sure you're not at fault?"...He asked "Have you called all your other credit cards to ensure you didn't confuse it with this one?"..."Are you sure there wasn't a misunderstanding and you received store credit?" Call ended with them saying it could take up to 45 days for the case to close and I can follow the status of the case online. I got a call from them a week later saying the case was closed and I was awarded the credit (still not sure if merchant came through or barclays actually did anything).

As far as folks wondering why this card isn't that popular; outside of us bargain hunters most of which who hang out in deal sites, some folks will label Priceline as "is cheap as you can get" or "low class". If someone wants to label me that I could care less; I'll continue using the card.

rated:
Ya know, this has got me to thinkin'. I still use the cash out method (for Priceline) explained by DaveHanson much earlier in this thread. I had something like 140,000+ points I just cashed out using his method. My current point total is below 10 points! And I agree with other posters here that the 2% reward is the principal reason not to sock drawer this card. At least that's true for myself.

So I'm thinking, maybe this is a good time for me to stop using Priceline! One thing I hate is "stranded" rewards. You get up to, maybe, 12,000 points, or whatever, and they shift to 1%. Now you're stuck at 1% rewards to get the rest of the way up to the $25 minimum. Better maybe to shift on over right away to B of A "1-2-3", buy my gift card(s), and just go from there. Heck, if I can find the right gift cards at a register with a "gas station" MCC, I could even do better than with Priceline! For me, right now, I have a reliable supermarket source of Visa GCs at 2%. I know the MCC is good for 2%. Getting them reliably at 3%, from a "gas station", would take a bit of research and shopping around.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014