QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

New priceline visa - with 2% rewards on purchases / 5% rewards on "Name your own price"

45 of 55
+2
rasheedb
6/24/13 5:16 PM
tulsastorm said:   

TonySpero said:   

Is the offer dead? I applied here: http://www.priceline.com/promo/priceline_rewards_card.asp received my card on June 7th.

You are likely receiving only 1% Cash Back (1 point per $1 on non-Priceline.com purchases) which is detailed on the next page after you click the "choose your card" link.

I only just bothered to look at this new card. This is now at least the fourth card version Barclay\Juniper\Priceline has started.

This version offers 5% on more than just NYOP including retail airfare (whoa!) and prepaid (non-NYOP or express) hotels also count.. I think this card is better than my AF card (please chime in if you have an opinion).

Also, if an airfare purchase is allowed to qualify as a discounted reward, then this is a major deal. The 1% is useless, I am referring to this card as a Priceline OTA travel card.

Rasheed
+1
HiLine
6/24/13 6:57 PM
rasheedb said:   

tulsastorm said:   

TonySpero said:   

Is the offer dead? I applied here: http://www.priceline.com/promo/priceline_rewards_card.asp received my card on June 7th.

You are likely receiving only 1% Cash Back (1 point per $1 on non-Priceline.com purchases) which is detailed on the next page after you click the "choose your card" link.

I only just bothered to look at this new card. This is now at least the fourth card version BarclayJuniperPriceline has started.

This version offers 5% on more than just NYOP including retail airfare (whoa!) and prepaid (non-NYOP or express) hotels also count.. I think this card is better than my AF card (please chime in if you have an opinion).

Also, if an airfare purchase is allowed to qualify as a discounted reward, then this is a major deal. The 1% is useless, I am referring to this card as a Priceline OTA travel card.

Rasheed

I think you're right. Here's the detail:

Cardmember(s) earn "Points" in the following amounts based upon the types of purchase transactions charged to the Account: a) Earn five (5) points for every dollar spent on all eligible purchases made at Priceline.com®. Purchases not eligible will receive one point for every dollar spent using your card which includes: cruise bookings, non-Name Your Own Price® car reservations, and hotel reservations designated as Pay When You StaySM. b) Earn one (1) point for every dollar spent on all other transactions. The following transactions are excluded from "Purchases" and do not earn Rewards unless stated: interest, finance charges, balance transfers, convenience checks, cash advances and credit fees. Restrictions apply. Please see the Terms and Conditions for more information.

It does sound like you get 5% back on airfare purchases made via Priceline.com
barrytuneup
6/24/13 9:00 PM
Seems so, I have the Priceline AF card as well (3% on non-NYOP Priceline.com purchases) that has not been available for a year or more. There is still even language about the AF card option on the Priceline.com.

Rasheed if its not available, why should we look for it?
rasheedb
6/25/13 3:46 AM
barrytuneup said:   

Rasheed if its not available, why should we look for it?

The context of my reply was on how Barclay does not appear to change card rewards even when the card is no longer available to new applicants.

Rasheed
TonySpero
6/25/13 11:28 PM
tulsastorm said:   

2%
Account homepage [ image/jpeg - 88.66kB ]
+2
tomprc
6/26/13 10:06 PM
Is NYOP redemption data point still needed? Here is mine just now:

REDEMPTION AMOUNT POINTS TO REDEEM
$422.24 32,481
phototristan
6/26/13 11:10 PM
Anyone know when they post transactions online for this card? Is there a certain time of the day they are posted to the website or something?
DerekZoolander
6/27/13 12:02 PM
Would be good to know if the new card is essentially a 5% off airlines and hotels card.
neophyte
6/29/13 3:10 PM
I received my statement and noticed the change - they caught up and stopped awarding the points for certain prepaid Visa products...
+1
myndreamland
6/29/13 3:14 PM
neophyte said:   

I received my statement and noticed the change - they caught up and stopped awarding the points for certain prepaid Visa products...

What do you mean by that? Does the purchase of GC not receive 2%? This is a huge deal...
45 of 55
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.