QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

New priceline visa - with 2% rewards on purchases / 5% rewards on "Name your own price"

49 of 55
freeka
10/17/13 11:44 PM
freeka said:   

Can someone confirm that you get 5% on air ticket purchases? Can you redeem the points you get as account credit for that same purchase in the upcoming billing cycle?

† Actually I am asking about the latest iteration of Priceline Visa which is 5x on Priceline purchases.
+1
rasheedb
10/18/13 12:25 AM
They have built the reward program wrong for the new card and refuse to give 5 pts per dollar on eligible Priceline purchases and are giving 5 pts only on nyop. I can't get Barclay or Priceline to fix it even though their card system can support it with my experience on the old annual fee card.

So don't get this card if you are expecting 5 pt per dollar on retail air purchases. It is a mismatch between the application and the actual benefits.

Rasheed
+1
robertw477
10/19/13 1:17 PM
phototristan said:   

I had unauthorized charges on my Priceline Visa and Barclay's had to send me a card with a new number. Get this-they charge $29. for the replacement card if you want it expedited! Otherwise, it's 10 business days.

Barclay's has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any credit card. They are just as bad, if not worse than Bank of America and FIA Card Services.

† The 2% is what makes this card great. BARCLAYS is the absolute WORST customer service. Trust me I deal with everyone. When I called they said they would overnight a card. It did not come so a second call did the trick. No cost to me by the way. However they are the worst. They reps often are fumbling around and seem to have all sorts of issues. They know their service stinks also.
barrytuneup
10/20/13 7:55 PM
Just checked my online statement, (it keeps a running total of points updated within 3 days)still only getting 2%, (no 4% which rep signed me up for)so I needed to charge 24.00 to get to my threshold to redeem for 25.00 credit. This card stinks, Also the charges drop off after about 24 days, so if you plan on getting credit on a charge, you have to be fast. I'm working on a 25.00 diner charge from 15 days ago. As soon as my last $24.00 goes thru, I'm done with this card. Will have 2 points left over. I already switched to my Cap Spark Business (2%) and no games. First year free but I'll negotiate the fee in March!!
iNFEKT
10/28/13 10:46 PM
I read through the last five pages but didn't see any one else pointing this out.

Apparently this card does not offer nearly any of the benefits that pretty much all other Visa cards offer. I went to use the Visa Warranty Manager service for a product that failed and apparently it is specifically not offered on this card, which I found kind of weird since it is included even on debit cards I have. Well shrug, time to move my spend back to the Fidelity Amex.
+1
phototristan
10/29/13 12:20 AM
iNFEKT said:   

I read through the last five pages but didn't see any one else pointing this out.

Apparently this card does not offer nearly any of the benefits that pretty much all other Visa cards offer. I went to use the Visa Warranty Manager service for a product that failed and apparently it is specifically not offered on this card, which I found kind of weird since it is included even on debit cards I have. Well shrug, time to move my spend back to the Fidelity Amex.

††
Mine is a Visa Signature so I do have those benefits.†
shinobi1
10/29/13 7:35 AM
Noted in passing:

1. †Some weeks ago, on this thread, there was talk about the possibility of us losing the 2% across-the-board rebate.

2. †Only in the last few days I'm seeing, on TV, ads for the new Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card with across-the-board 1.5% Cash Back.

I'm seeing high visibility Quicksilver as bolstering our 2% reward by reducing the gap between our reward and the next highest heavily advertised reward, which prior was only 1%. †It would have been better if Quicksilver had come out at 2%, but 1.5% is better than 1% and 1.5% provides a measure of competition for Priceline.
DavidScubadiver
10/29/13 8:22 AM
Even better if Quicksilver boosted it to 3% ;0)
iNFEKT
10/29/13 9:25 AM
Good to know. I definitely don't have signature, but I have platinum everywhere else. It seems like they didn't choose to go that route with this card. Either way another negative for me at least.
rlaw
10/31/13 9:38 AM
No big deal really, if they get rid of the 2%, I'll switch over to the Fidelity AMEX.

The only real benefit to this card is that Visa is accepted more widely.
49 of 55
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.