• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Has anyone successfully lowed their cash advance limit to 0 or low amount with this card. CSR is stating "In order to decrease cash advance amount, your credit line will be decreased. Please respond to this message with your desired credit limit to lower the cash advance line."

rated:
I funded a Chase bank account using the Priceline card and go hit a cash advance fee.   I guess we should add Barclays to Citi for issuers not to use when funding an account.  CSR was able to credit the fee for me but still not happy.  Couldn't reduce my cash advance line to $0 either according to the rep.

rated:
You guys getting hit with CA fees... do they charge it right away or when the statement closes?

rated:
The same time as the transaction.   My statement doesn't close until 2/23. 

rated:
oumazdamx6 said:   I funded a Chase bank account using the Priceline card and go hit a cash advance fee.   I guess we should add Barclays to Citi for issuers not to use when funding an account.  CSR was able to credit the fee for me but still not happy.  Couldn't reduce my cash advance line to $0 either according to the rep.
  The rep told you partially wrong.  You can't lower to 0 but you can lower to $1.  I have successfully lowered Sallie Mae Mastercard and Barclay Arrival.  However you have to speak to the right person.  the first CSR that I spoke to also didn't know what I meant.  You have to ask for the "credit" department or something like that.  I forget.

rated:
Has anyone had their card expire and get a new card mailed to them? Mine expires in 3 months and I worry that might be when they kill the 2% bonus...

rated:
What are some of the creative ways to have a better redemption rate for the point on the card? I'm having a ton of points on the account and don't want to redeem for 2%. But I don't have much use for NYOP either as I don't travel that much. Anyone have a suggestion for me? Thanks.

rated:
Only way is to use it for NYOP purchases. 2% is really pretty good so not sure why you don't like that.

rated:
Well, 2% is good. 3% is even better. I'm just thinking about the opportunity cost if I have to redeem for 2%...

rated:
Footzilla said:   Has anyone had their card expire and get a new card mailed to them? Mine expires in 3 months and I worry that might be when they kill the 2% bonus...
Just got my replacement cards for ones that were expiring 04/14. Same account numbers, new expiration date and new CVV codes. Called the number on the sticker to activate, logged in online and my rewards details still shows:

Year-round benefits: 

• Earn 5 points for every $1 you spend on Name Your Own Price® purchases
  • Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend everywhere else
  • Redeem points to pay for anything you buy with your card (minimum $25 purchase required)
  • Enjoy additional card benefits – 

rated:
Pretty sure it doesn't have to be NYOP to get the better redemption rate on the transaction, but it does have to be from Priceline. Definitely "Express deals" work, I literally just redeemed some on that and got the higher rate. Also got 5% points on them in the first place.

rated:
jcaserta said:   Pretty sure it doesn't have to be NYOP to get the better redemption rate on the transaction, but it does have to be from Priceline. Definitely "Express deals" work, I literally just redeemed some on that and got the higher rate. Also got 5% points on them in the first place.
  Wow. Great info. Thanks.

rated:
Anyone else having trouble redeeming points for Priceline purchases (or any purchase?). I have submitted it 3 times and it says it completes but the charge is never removed and my points are never deducted. I happen to be carrying a balance on this card from a 0% offer. Could that be the issue?

rated:
It must be, I've never had a problem redeeming, it goes through in 1-2 days, contact them, see what they say..

rated:
Is there a link for 2x points on general purchases for the Priceline card? I just checked their site and it shows 5x for Priceline purchases but 1x on everything else. Looking for a 2% cash card. Or, a card for everyday purchases that redeems for travel at 3% or higher. Thanks!

rated:
You can no longer apply for the 2% card. Look into the FIA 2% Amex.

rated:
FIA Amex is nice, but I need a MC/Visa to go along with.

Is Quicksilver, perhaps paired with Chase Freedom for the 5% categories the best then? That 1.5%/5% will average out to 2-3% for most people. Even though I wouldn't mind airline miles as a reward, I can't do any better than 2% on a airline rewards card afaik (I'm speaking of general purchases earning rewards towards airline tickets).

Then I'm not as locked in and can take that Cash Back and buy any airline ticket I want, or do something else with the money.

rated:
bxd20 said:   FIA Amex is nice, but I need a MC/Visa to go along with.

Is Quicksilver, perhaps paired with Chase Freedom for the 5% categories the best then? That 1.5%/5% will average out to 2-3% for most people. Even though I wouldn't mind airline miles as a reward, I can't do any better than 2% on a airline rewards card afaik (I'm speaking of general purchases earning rewards towards airline tickets).

Then I'm not as locked in and can take that Cash Back and buy any airline ticket I want, or do something else with the money.

I have the Priceline 2% card.  If it's gone for new applicants, or if mine ever were cancelled, I'd go over to Quicksilver.

However

I also have the Freedom card and find it all but worthless, at least right now.  The 5% categories are not what once they were.  If they ever go back to offering 5% on groceries, for example, I'll be singing a different tune.  But right now (or at least during the first quarter of 2014) it was my Priceline card offering me 7% (2% + 5%) on my first $500 worth of groceries during that quarter.  That's not chopped liver, and that's not the first time Priceline offered me the 5% + 2% groceries deal!!

Bottom line:

If Priceline continues to make these 5%+ (it would be +1% for new applicants today) deals, then at least on groceries it's a better card than Freedom.  Like I said, I have both cards and

I'm not using my Freedom card at all.

rated:
Does the Priceline card offer rotating 5% categories EVERY quarter? I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the latest card's terms and conditions? https://pricelinevisa.com/ Maybe it's for old card holders only, or targeted promotion?

rated:
bxd20 said:   Does the Priceline card offer rotating 5% categories EVERY quarter? I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the latest card's terms and conditions? https://pricelinevisa.com/ Maybe it's for old card holders only, or targeted promotion?
  No, no rotating 5% categories, promos have been mentioned: 5% for groceries, I haven't received any promos, I use the card everyday, that may be why??

rated:
Well if the "promos" are only for people that drawer the card, to get them hooked on a category for 3 months, I'm not interested. Like you - I'd want to use it every day.

rated:
I got in right before they did away with the 2% on all purchases, I'm happy with 2% on all purchases, I'll keep using this card until something better comes along.

rated:
I posted above regarding the Priceline 5% extra reward for (first $500 of) groceries.  For the record and FWIW:

My 2% Priceline card is my principal user.  I use it very, very often.  I have a sock drawer absolutely overflowing with credit cards.  But you will not find my Priceline card there.

rated:
my 2 PL 2% cards are sockdrawed and I never received an offer in the last year, even though we had heavy usage. their redemption system stinks and it's set up to get you to use the card the following months and you have to have at least 25.00 in purchases. I much prefer my Capone Spark business 2% card, even with the 59.00 fe, which I could get back quickly..

rated:
Priceline email offer said: What a rewarding way to start the season! From April 1 through June 30, 2014, you'll earn 2 bonus points for every $1 you spend—up to 2,500 bonus points¹—when you use your Priceline rewards Visa® Card for gas station purchases, restaurant (including fast food) purchases and home improvement store purchases.

Best of all, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card for everyday purchases.
You must activate this offer by May 1, 2014, to earn bonus points! The bonus points will be applied to your account after the promotion ends.

¹ This bonus offer is for select Priceline rewards Visa Card cardmembers and is not transferable. Qualified cardmembers who activate by May 1, 2014, will earn 2 bonus points for every one dollar ($1) in new purchase(s) at gas stations, restaurants, fast food restaurants, and home improvement stores (that are not later returned or rescinded) that post to their account between April 1, 2014, and June 30, 2014, up to a maximum of 2,500 bonus points. Eligible gas station purchases, restaurant purchases, fast food restaurant purchases, and home improvement store purchases are defined by merchant category codes. Each merchant designates a category code to assign to purchases at its establishment. Although most gas station purchases, restaurant purchases, fast food restaurant purchases, and home improvement store purchases will use merchant category codes selected for this offer, it is possible that some gas station, restaurant, fast food restaurant, and home improvement store companies have designated a merchant category code that is not classified as a gas station, restaurant, fast food restaurant, or home improvement store company and therefore any purchases made will not qualify for the promotion. To be eligible for this offer, the cardmember's account must be open and in good standing and they must have activated this promotion by May 1, 2014. Purchases made during periods when the cardmember's account is delinquent, their balance exceeds their credit line or their account is otherwise not in good standing do not qualify for this offer. The bonus points will appear on the cardmember's statement up to 6–8 weeks after the end of the promotion. 

Newest Promotion

rated:
Never get them, but this one is meh anyway, since I already have a Citi Forward.

rated:
KYBOSH said:   

Newest Promotion

Didn't think I would get this one but, I just checked my e-mail and it was there!!  I activated immediately and received my confirmation.

You gotta love Priceline.  7% on gasoline is sweet!  God knows the price is already high and it is rising.  I can use a little relief.

rated:
FYI, I logged in to redeem awards, and it was oddly letting me redeem on purchases of LESS than $25 as well.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014