• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
DaveHanson said:   No data breach / number change here.

barrytuneup, IMO used strategically this is actually a very valuable card, especially if you use Priceline at least occasionally and watch for their special offers.

Agreed, this is a great card.  I have the grandfathered 2%/5% version.  It's particularly good with the hotel express deals (coded as NYOP for redemption) since it's fairly straightforward to figure out which hotel you'll end up with.  NYOP car rentals are also typically excellent deals so long as you don't mind waiting at the counter.

rated:
Am posting this just as a heads up for others:

I have not received my bonus points for my Q2 2014 purchases in bonus categories.  For the specifics of that offer, see here:

Link to Q2 2014 categories 

Apparently not everyone received that bonus offer.  I know I did and I know I signed up because I still have the confirming e-mail.

Those bonus points should have been awarded with statement received last month.  It did not happen.  I decided to give the matter one more month.  Yesterday my most recent statement arrived.  No points!

I look for the bonus points on my statement in the Priceline Rewards Summary, on the "Adjustments" line.

Also, when bonus points are awarded, there is a short "Congratulations" message on the first page of my statement under "Customer News".

In the past I've not experienced any problems with this.  The points showed up like clockwork.  Dunno what's going on.  Will have to give them a call. 

rated:
This happened to me, too.  I sent a message via their website and in response they claimed that I never signed up for the bonus.  Luckily, I had kept the email confirmation from months earlier when I signed up for the bonus.  It contained a link to view the email via a browser.  I responded, giving that link.  They relented and said that they created a case to get the bonus applied to my account.

rated:
bluechalk said:   This happened to me, too.  I sent a message via their website and in response they claimed that I never signed up for the bonus.  Luckily, I had kept the email confirmation from months earlier when I signed up for the bonus.  It contained a link to view the email via a browser.  I responded, giving that link.  They relented and said that they created a case to get the bonus applied to my account.

Thank you, bluechalk, for posting.  I appreciate it.

It is disappointing to get confirmation on this one.  You would hope they would not be pulling this kind of crap.

Also, since they award the points so late anyway and owing to the passage of so much time, I guess they figure card holders will not pick this stuff up.  I'll admit, it took me a while to go back and piece together all the elements of this.  Q2 is long over.  And like I wrote earlier, I even gave this an extra month, just in case.

This is disappointing.  And it certainly makes me much more suspicious of such offers going forward.    

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.