• filter:
  • 1 234514
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
[edited 5/29/2013]

[!!This offer appears to be dead for new applicants. See comments later in the thread!!]

Priceline 2% rewards card. Details:
- Earn 5 points (5%) per dollar spent on "name your own price" Priceline purchases (regular Priceline (non-NYOP) purchases only 2 points)
- Earn 2 points (2%) per dollar spent everywhere else
- 5000 point ($50.00) signup bonus
- $60 Priceline bonus cash coupon towards name-your-own-price hotel (restrictions: max $12/day (5 day booking to get $60), minimum 3* hotel, expiry date of 12/31. This is apparently awarded after first Priceline purchase with the card)
- 1 point per $1 for balance transfers in the first month (up to 2500) (But seems there is a 3% BT fee which kills this to me)
- Points post as soon as purchases post (don't have to wait until statement close)
- Awards apply as statement credit, minimum 2500 to redeem. Must use to completely pay off a particular charge >$25.00. Can use as soon as have sufficient point balance.
- no annual fee
- Underwritten by Barclays bank delaware
- Points expire after 4 years if not used
Terms and conditions: https://www.juniper.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=CCVVS36...

Though the signup bonus is pretty mediocre, a 2% general rewards visa is a good deal (there aren't many left).

Application link

If you use your points to pay off Priceline purchases, then you get a bonus, as follows:
[Thanks ZJamaican for collecting the data]
$.01 - $199.99 - 9.1% (1/11) point discount - Effective 2.2% CB
$200.00 - $399.99 - 16.6% (2/12) point discount - Effective 2.4% CB
$400.00 - $599.99 - 23.0% (3/13) point discount - Effective 2.6% CB
$600.00 - $799.99 - 28.6% (4/14) point discount - Effective 2.8% CB
$800.00 - Infinity - 33.0% (5/15) point discount - Effective 3.0% CB

[Note: If you are not a US citizen (i.e. green card, or here on visa), you may have some trouble getting this visa, as Barclays is rejecting/asking more info of applicant's whose credit file started at a later age]

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Am posting this just as a heads up for others:

I have not received my bonus points for my Q2 2014 purchases in bonus cate... (more)

shinobi1 (Sep. 14, 2014 @ 7:10a) |

This happened to me, too.  I sent a message via their website and in response they claimed that I never signed up for th... (more)

bluechalk (Sep. 14, 2014 @ 7:49a) |

Thank you, bluechalk, for posting.  I appreciate it.

It is disappointing to get confirmation on this one.  You would hope... (more)

shinobi1 (Sep. 14, 2014 @ 7:59a) |

From ZJamaican, the true NYOP redemption schedule is likely:

$.01 - $199.99 - 1.1%
$200.00 - $399.99 - 1.2%
$400.00 - $599.99 - 1.3%
$600.00 - $799.99 - 1.4% (Max. Value is Unconfirmed)
$800.00 - Infinity - 1.5% (Min. Value is Unconfirmed)

rated:
I got the same card offer (and deleted it without paying attention). Thanks OP! I'll sign up for this since my Charles Schwab card is being shut down :/

rated:
Interesting. I have to guess that this was sent exclusively to NYOP customers who did not already have one of the cards.

Points are redeemed on purchases, so you just take your points that you earned and select purchases to have credited back on your statement (purchases you pick have to be $25 or higher). This would be a 2% card based on my knowledge as the points rate is as stated. ($25 = 2500 and so on)

There are three Priceline cards now then.

1) This card (which appears to be an open application, just hidden) ID: https://www.pricelinevisa.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=C...
5% on NYOP purchases, 2% on all others, no annual fee
2) Another card ID: https://www.pricelinevisa.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=C...
4% on NYOP, 3% on retail Priceline, 2% in one category, and 1% on ann other, $29 annual fee
3) Original free one ID: https://www.pricelinevisa.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=C...
2% on all Priceline and 1% on all others, no annual fee (definitely a bad card now).

I am a bit frustrated by the change. I will likely try to switch and see if I can get my annual fee back.

The demise of FIA 2% clearly is very interesting as a ton of new cards have come on the market. What is this world coming to?

Rasheed

rated:
Like Sallie Mae creation, it has 3% foreign exchange fee.

rated:
This one is not looking to bad considering statement credit usage - if they got rid of that then it is a showstopper but lets hope it stays.

rated:
2% isn't so hot, but if you let the card lie dormant for a while, barclays may hit you with a targeted 0%apr/$0fee BT offer with opportunity to auto-CLI sometime down the line.

see this thread. also search for other barclays BT offer threads.

rated:
I have card #3 and would be interested in switching also....

rated:
Product switch from their finance visa possible?

rated:
Things to watch out for in the T&C:
1. They'll take your points if you don't have 1 transaction or a balance every 6 months.
2. If your account is EVER more than 60 days past due they can revoke any past statement credits they've given you.

I can't find anything saying how much the points are actually worth.

rated:
If 2500 = $25 (as stated) then I think we have our answer. And if that's the case I doubt anyone would have any problem charging at least once every six months

rated:
Didn't see this post, I started a new thread last night about the 2% back one. They said 2500 points = $25, but you have to make a $25 purchase to get the statement credit. 5 purchases of $5 each do not count. Its a good card I think.

rated:
dssproxy said:   Product switch from their finance visa possible?

Well after speaking with 2 reps and a manager no dice. Been with them 4 years after buying an ipod.. Use the card only to buy apps and spend less that $20 PER YEAR ($4100 limit). Figured they would love to get me using a card with them. This does require a higher credit score as it was a signature card for what I was told. Barclays hasn't ever warmed up to me, last offer was a BT @ 13.99 (my current APR). Now have to debate the hard pull.. Anyone know what this card offers as extras (warranty etc.)?

rated:
brandon032586 said:   Didn't see this post, I started a new thread last night about the 2% back one. They said 2500 points = $25, but you have to make a $25 purchase to get the statement credit. 5 purchases of $5 each do not count. Its a good card I think.

I haven't seen anything that says 2,500 points = $25. Here it says you can get either $25 OR 2,500 points (or $50/50,000 points for the annual fee card) depending on how you sign up. One might assume they are of equivalent value, but you know what they say about assuming... I wouldn't be surprised it there is a tiered redemption rate hidden in there.

rated:
ScreamingDaisy said:   [
I haven't seen anything that says 2,500 points = $25. Here it says you can get either $25 OR 2,500 points (or $50/50,000 points for the annual fee card) depending on how you sign up. One might assume they are of equivalent value, but you know what they say about assuming... I wouldn't be surprised it there is a tiered redemption rate hidden in there.

This is true. I have one of the cards as I earlier mentioned that has no tiered redemption for non-Priceline purchases. I believe the same exact site structure used for their current cards will be used for this new card.

This is one of those promos where you kind of just have to go for it if you think it will be good.

As mentioned, Barclay/Juniper does not allow switching. Bad deal. I think they especially disserviced their cobranded folks who are currently on the annual fee card. Oh well, no idea what will happen.

Rasheed

rated:
ScreamingDaisy said:   brandon032586 said:   Didn't see this post, I started a new thread last night about the 2% back one. They said 2500 points = $25, but you have to make a $25 purchase to get the statement credit. 5 purchases of $5 each do not count. Its a good card I think.

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm worried about. I tried calling the support line but no one could give me a clear answer. What worries me from the T&C is:

"Cardmembers may redeem points for a statement credit toward any purchase transaction that posts to the Account that is equal to or greater than $25. The amount of Points needed to redeem will vary by transaction. "

It's unclear if the amount of points needed to redeem will vary based on transaction type or if it's because the amount of the transaction varies (other posters have suggested you need sufficient points to cover a particular transaction entirely).

Anyways, the mediocre signup bonus may be good enough for me to give it a try, since I need to do a NYOP booking for november.

rated:
The rewards redemption for this card has always been weird. For an explanation go here click on 'rewards'

rated:
In my thread that I started, I explained this, should have reposted here. After calling the applications office, they sent me to the customer service people. They told me (on the second call, the first guy would give me no info until I had a card; what an idiot) 2500 points = $25 statement credit. They said that the amount of points needed to redeem will vary based on how much you want back (i.e., 5000 points covers a $50 purchase).

Again, its a little weird, as you get credit towards a purchase, and the purchase must be at least $25. So, if you only make purchases under $25 using this card, you can't use the points at all. I think I will apply for this card and see how it works and report back.

rated:
It seems like you can do even better than 2%. Area Man mentioned(post #8) that he redeemed 9500 points to pay $103.6 transaction on Priceline ( here)

And here you can find that 15000 points will save you $150 on anything or up to $225 on NYOP transaction which is actually 3% back

rated:
I guess the question would be if you want to redeem for a $36.24 purchase, does that use 3,624 point, or do they make you use 4,000 points or some other tier-based redemption?

rated:
Given an excellent CR, was instantly approved for a pitiful CL. But that's ok.

What's alarming is: In the online account, under "Credit Card -> Rewards -> Program Overview", it literally says:
Program Overview

With your Credit Card you earn Points toward the rewards you deserve with every purchase you make. Below are links to detailed information about your rewards program as well as a snapshot of your earning power and redemption options.

Reward Program Terms and Conditions

Earning Potential Where?
2 points for every $1.00 Purchases

When following that section's link "Reward Program Terms and Conditions", it does not have any reference to the program
(a) 5 points per $1 on “Name Your Own Price” transactions made online at Priceline.com
(b) 2 points per $1 spent on all other transactions

advertized in the Terms and Conditions link on the application page.

rated:
artintheus said:   It seems like you can do even better than 2%. Area Man mentioned(post #8) that he redeemed 9500 points to pay $103.6 transaction on Priceline ( here)

And here you can find that 15000 points will save you $150 on anything or up to $225 on NYOP transaction which is actually 3% back

Yes, when you apply the redemption value on a single NYOP it is better than 25 to $2500 ratio, but this is not really documented. Do not expect this, if it happens -- nice bonus. Points can go up to 1.5 cents in value I think (maybe more, but I have never had a single NYOP purchase that was higher to see that difference). Do not call and ask about this aspect.

Rasheed

rated:
ScreamingDaisy said:   I guess the question would be if you want to redeem for a $36.24 purchase, does that use 3,624 point, or do they make you use 4,000 points or some other tier-based redemption?

3624. It is not tier based as long as the individual purchase is over $25. Points redemptions are rounded down to give them reduced redemption cost when you use them against Priceline NYOP charges.

ALSO, a given charge is only available to use for 30 days for redemption. Priceline purchases are valid for 90 days.

Rasheed

rated:
MDfive21 said:   2% isn't so hot, but if you let the card lie dormant for a while, barclays may hit you with a targeted 0%apr/$0fee BT offer with opportunity to auto-CLI sometime down the line.

see this thread. also search for other barclays BT offer threads.

ok, i got red galore.. enlighten me please.

rated:
Whoops my mistake.

rated:
diljs said:   Since the 2% isn't cash, and has to be used for NYOP hotels, which include Priceline's super high fees, I wouldn't value it as a true 2% back.

No, you can redeem on any purchase. What is being said is that if you use on NYOP, it is more than 2 percent.

By the way, this stacks with FW/lootzie CashBack on Priceline purchases.

Rasheed

rated:
2% Cash Back sounds good. The $2k credit line they gave me stinks, though!

rated:
Have you tried to stack it with FatWallet CashBack? Btw, I found a site who offers 5% CashBack on NYOP but I don`t know is it allowed to mention it here

rated:
LorenPechtel said:   2% Cash Back sounds good. The $2k credit line they gave me stinks, though!

Do you have existing barclays credit card? Barclays is usually generous with CL but if you had a card they will not reallocate credit limit..

rated:
artintheus said:   Have you tried to stack it with FatWallet CashBack? Btw, I found a site who offers 5% CashBack on NYOP but I don`t know is it allowed to mention it here

Yes. I mention FW and lootzi (FW company) because I know they work.
One is a CashBack on the purchase and one is credit card points. Even though Priceline knows when you are using their cobranded points card, there is no crossover issue.

I do not believe the 5% site out there is legitimate. In my one test experience, they did not pay up. If you have to fight for a purchase when you know you processed the cookies and referral correctly, the site is not worth it for affiliate CashBack.

I am sure I am not the only one who notices FW is now branded on the Priceline site during referral purchases. Clearly, FW is directing A LOT of Priceline business.

However, there is a rumor that NYOP cost more through a referral site than without. I cannot prove it, but I have some incidents of getting Hotwire bids to go through that should have worked on Priceline site. This would be a bad situation if affiliate purchases on Priceline were like this.

Rasheed

rated:
The biggest risk is whether FIA is going to honor the terms of this application at all (specifically, "(a) 5 points per $1 on “Name Your Own Price” transactions made online at Priceline.com (b) 2 points per $1 spent on all other transactions"). I will report my experience.

What recourse I have if they say sorry a technical error occurred, yours is actually the "2% on all Priceline and 1% on all others, no annual fee" card?

rated:
I guess the principle "nothing is free" always apply. Of course, offers are made to entice customers. Therefore, the choice is on the customer if he or she will take the risk. The discussions here are very helpful in evaluating the offer. Making some items vague is a way out for companies. But, if the overall analysis is that this could be a good card, then probably it is worth the risk.

rated:
pyro123 said:   LorenPechtel said:   2% Cash Back sounds good. The $2k credit line they gave me stinks, though!

Do you have existing barclays credit card? Barclays is usually generous with CL but if you had a card they will not reallocate credit limit..

No existing Barclay's cards.

rated:
ymf said:   The biggest risk is whether FIA is going to honor the terms of this application at all (specifically, "(a) 5 points per $1 on “Name Your Own Price” transactions made online at Priceline.com (b) 2 points per $1 spent on all other transactions"). I will report my experience.

What recourse I have if they say sorry a technical error occurred, yours is actually the "2% on all Priceline and 1% on all others, no annual fee" card?

When you login to the Barclay/Priceline current account site, there is a section that will clearly list out your benefits. If it is not what you applied for you call and complain or you just don't use the card.

Is it worth the risk of a credit hit? I think so, Barclay and Priceline have kept their offer committment in the past, there is no reason to believe they would not deliver this offer as advertised. I am just mad they are offering something better than what current customers have and you cannot switch to this card. It seems like you cannot have two cards either, but I am trying to find out.

The real reality is how badly this deal gets exploited before Barclay and Priceline have to cutback. Like anything, you use it while it works and then move on when it is no longer an option.

As mentioned, people in this thread have Barclay/Priceline cards already and I believe they have been absolutely no complaints in the cards as they work as advertised. I suspect people who have these cards are perfectly happy if no one knows about them to avoid a FIA/Schwab situation.

Rasheed

rated:
So far all the conversion attempts I've seen were from one co-brand to another. Has anyone tried converting one Priceline to another Priceline program?

rated:
clutchcargo777 said:   So far all the conversion attempts I've seen were from one co-brand to another. Has anyone tried converting one Priceline to another Priceline program?

Yes, the answer is no. I indicated that above. Barclay says it is due to CARD act (requiring notification of account changes). I have told Priceline Executive team clearly that this is a bad move for existing cardholders -- they are going to wait for actual fallout on usage first I think.

The worse/best part is this new card is not actually a targeted link.

Rasheed

rated:
rasheedb said:   
When you login to the Barclay/Priceline current account site, there is a section that will clearly list out your benefits.
Rasheed

Yes, I reported it here.

And what is in your (old) Priceline card account under "Credit Card -> Rewards -> Program Overview"?

rated:
ymf said:   rasheedb said:   
When you login to the Barclay/Priceline current account site, there is a section that will clearly list out your benefits.
Rasheed

Yes, I reported it here.

And what is in your (old) Priceline card account under "Credit Card -> Rewards -> Program Overview"?

Sure. Looks like you have the right card for 5 points and 2 points listed. I have the $29 card.

Points are redeemed for statement credit after the transaction posts to the account. Transactions typically post within 3-5 days of booking your trip with points posting the same day. Once the Priceline.com purchase transaction posts to your account and is reflected in the account balance, you have 30 days to redeem for statement credit against that transaction. Remember that your redemption period is 90 days for Name Your Own Price transactions.

When can I redeem my points? You can start redeeming your points as soon as points are posted to your account, providing your account is open and in good standing. Point balances are adjusted daily as purchase activity posts to the account. Authorizations or pending transactions do not impact your point balance.

Program Overview

With your Credit Card you earn Points toward the rewards you deserve with every purchase you make. Below are links to detailed information about your rewards program as well as a snapshot of your earning power and redemption options.

Reward Program Terms and Conditions

Earning Potential

Where?

3 points per $1 earned on eligible "Priceline.com" transactions Partner Purchases
4 points per $1 earned on "Name Your Own Price" transactions Partner Purchases
2 points per $1 earned on Home Improvement Purchases Purchases
1 point per $1 earned on all other purchase transactions Purchases
1 point per $1 earned on Bal Transfers in 1st 30 days (5000max) Balance Transfer Bonus
5,000 points earned for first purchase Welcome Bonus

Rasheed

rated:
But there is no mention of 5 points for NYOP anywhere in online banking, only 2 point per $1 purchase

rated:
artintheus said:   But there is no mention of 5 points for NYOP anywhere in online banking, only 2 point per $1 purchase

I understand now, sorry.

Send a message online to customer service at Barclay saying that the Rewards section appears to be missing the 5 points per dollar for Name Your Own Price purchases.

It's funny, this thread was really all about the 2% thing (which is showing correctly), now we are forgetting about the big deal which is the 5% NYOP part.

I expect all card accounts are missing this piece and someone at Barclay needs to update the reward profile for all in this card type. Growing pains with a new card product.

Rasheed

Skipping 504 Messages...
rated:
bluechalk said:   This happened to me, too.  I sent a message via their website and in response they claimed that I never signed up for the bonus.  Luckily, I had kept the email confirmation from months earlier when I signed up for the bonus.  It contained a link to view the email via a browser.  I responded, giving that link.  They relented and said that they created a case to get the bonus applied to my account.

Thank you, bluechalk, for posting.  I appreciate it.

It is disappointing to get confirmation on this one.  You would hope they would not be pulling this kind of crap.

Also, since they award the points so late anyway and owing to the passage of so much time, I guess they figure card holders will not pick this stuff up.  I'll admit, it took me a while to go back and piece together all the elements of this.  Q2 is long over.  And like I wrote earlier, I even gave this an extra month, just in case.

This is disappointing.  And it certainly makes me much more suspicious of such offers going forward.    

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.