• filter:
  • 1 2 34514
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
It does mention 5 points per $1 for NYOP at the application T&C:
https://www.pricelinevisa.com/app/japply/lp/TnCs.jsp?prodidreq=C...

"1) $0 annual fee Priceline rewards™ Visa® credit card – Cardmembers earn “Points“ in the following amounts based upon the types of purchase transaction charged to the Account:
(a) 5 points per $1 on “Name Your Own Price” transactions made online at Priceline.com.
(b) 2 points per $1 spent on all other transactions."


This whole offer does seem to have a lot of ambiguity though.

Ads by Google
rated:
Right, right... They tell one story in T&C on the application page, and a somewhat different story on the online account page.

rated:
It's a go. The paper copy of the T&C that they enclosed with the new card confirms the T&C linked from the OP. Most importantly, 2 points per $1 spent on all other transactions.

rated:
ymf said:   It's a go. The paper copy of the T&C that they enclosed with the new card confirms the T&C linked from the OP. Most importantly, 2 points per $1 spent on all other transactions.

Does it mention 5 points for NYOP transactions as well?

rated:
Applied, the pulled TU, got deferred - so far so good.

But, today the letter arrived requiring to verify the citizenship (passport or birth certificate) and do it by mail only.

WTF - since when we have citizen-only CCs ? I had dozen CCs before I became citizen and hundred more later, but this is new.
What's next - to present my *ss in person to Barclays London headquarter ?

rated:
Applied for this card (have annual fee one), they rejected (not unexpected), but reason is weak:

(paraphased)
-Sufficient credit limit on existing Barclay card account (NOT "in" with sufficient)

I guess this means two things -- hey you already have enough from us deal with it and we don't play this game you FW guys do -- close it out completely and then apply, but none of this CR transfer or product transfer stuff (joking a little bit).

Rasheed

rated:
I've got denied too, they must be liking the word "Sufficient":
"Sufficient open lines of credit"

The TU score was 754, I never ever had (or applied for) Barclays or Jupiter cards.

Denying a credit is one thing, denying it after forcing the applicant to mail in the copy of the passport is something different...

rated:
Yeah, I was also rejected for this card for unexpected reasons. A waste of a hard pull.

rated:
Thanks to OP for posting this card. I did get approval after the initial deferral. Low CL.

It may be worthwhile for those declined to use the Barclays backdoor number. I've read many stories on MyFico and CB about successful recons with Barclays though I've never used it myself.

rated:
kintro said:   Thanks to OP for posting this card. I did get approval after the initial deferral. Low CL.

It may be worthwhile for those declined to use the Barclays backdoor number. I've read many stories on MyFico and CB about successful recons with Barclays though I've never used it myself.


What is Barclays backdoor number?

rated:
novocane said:   kintro said:   Thanks to OP for posting this card. I did get approval after the initial deferral. Low CL.

It may be worthwhile for those declined to use the Barclays backdoor number. I've read many stories on MyFico and CB about successful recons with Barclays though I've never used it myself.


What is Barclays backdoor number?


Barclays: 888-232-0780 (Customer Care)
Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)

Nicked from list of backdoor recon numbers at MyFico Forums

GL

rated:
I have an update on the bonus cash. After the first purchase, I got $60 in bonus cash to use on Priceline NYOP purchases. The restrictions: only good on 3* or better, only up to $12/night (i.e., must stay 5 nights to use all $60), must be used on a single purchase, and must be used by the end of 2011.

I'm assuming I'll get the 5000 points as well--however, points apparently don't post until the end date on each statement, so I don't know.

rated:
Just as a data point. I was approved instantly with a $10,000 CL.

rated:
Kintro, green to you - you just saved me the wasted credit pull, the idea with backdoor # to Credit Analyst worked like a charm.

I spent 10 minutes on phone, went through some FR - not too bad, and was approved for $10K CL

rated:
Signed up and instantly approved for $12,5k cl

rated:
Most importantly, is William Shatner on the card you received or not?

rated:
OF COURSE HE IS!!! How could I not pick the Shatner card!

rated:
I think the non-Shatner option doesn't really exist--giving applicants that option just helps Priceline weed out the spaths who don't respect Shatner's awesomeness.

rated:
It wasn't clear when I applied, but I can confirm that you do earn points equivalent to a 2% rebate (5% on NYOP) on all purchases, even if under $25. The $25 limit applies only when you redeem points. As Rasheed describes above, you just have to have enough points available to pay for a single transaction.

Another key thing (also mentioned above) is that you get an additional bonus when you spend your points paying for a NYOP transaction. That means you can earn points on non-Priceline purchases, then redeem them against a NYOP purchase for more than the normal 2% rate; on one purchase I've made so far, the rate works out to about 2.2%.

rated:
Does anyone with this card consider it a replacement for the old schwab/FIA 2% card? Any confirmation that it's as good? I'm asking because it seems like a good alternative IMO but this one isn't listed on the replacement cards list here.

I'm thinking it's either this one or the sallie mae with cashouts over $250.

rated:
disposablereviewer said:   Does anyone with this card consider it a replacement for the old schwab/FIA 2% card? Any confirmation that it's as good? I'm asking because it seems like a good alternative IMO but this one isn't listed on the replacement cards list here.

I'm thinking it's either this one or the sallie mae with cashouts over $250.


Honestly since I use Priceline NYOP a lot this card is actually better for me. Plus Billy Shat is on my card which is always a fun conversation stater.

rated:
I found it interesting they ask for a social security number for authorized users. That might indicate they report authorized users to credit bureaus which may help someone with bad credit boost their score.

rated:
disposablereviewer said:   Does anyone with this card consider it a replacement for the old schwab/FIA 2% card? Any confirmation that it's as good? I'm asking because it seems like a good alternative IMO but this one isn't listed on the replacement cards list here.

I'm thinking it's either this one or the sallie mae with cashouts over $250.


I'm considering it as well, not sure why it is not getting more attention from the ex-Schwab cardholders.

rated:
disposablereviewer said:   Does anyone with this card consider it a replacement for the old schwab/FIA 2% card? Any confirmation that it's as good? I'm asking because it seems like a good alternative IMO but this one isn't listed on the replacement cards list here.

I'm thinking it's either this one or the sallie mae with cashouts over $250.


Suit yourself, but I decided to go with Fidelity AMEX. I just completed my first cycle and received an automatic deposit of my CashBack into a newly formed Fidelity savings account. They also have a VISA at 1.5% which goes up to 2% after $15K in annual charges.

rated:
Quicken works with this! Woohoo!

rated:
All cashiers stare at this card and say, "what a cute picture of you." I am tired explaining it's not me.

On a different subject, it's too bad Barclays is not Envaulted - listed.

rated:
Sweet got approved. Now I have a replacement for the Schwab card. Will continue to use as I was in combination with FortKnox.

rated:
I just applied for the Shatner card and was instantly approved for a $10k limit! Credit score is in the low 700's due to some 0%/no fee BT's. No prior relationship with Barclays. Now I can tell BofA to take a hike!

rated:
I am considering this card as I am one of those ex-Schwab Visa card member and shopping out for a comparable 2% cash reward Visa card.

A few quests please:
1) For those that got approved for this card recently, did you apply through Priceline website? or through the Barclay's backdoor number?
2) Current Priceline Visa card holder - so far so good? no complaints?

Thank you so much... I am so grateful to have found this forum.

rated:
sitegia said:   I am considering this card as I am one of those ex-Schwab Visa card member and shopping out for a comparable 2% cash reward Visa card.

A few quests please:
1) For those that got approved for this card recently, did you apply through Priceline website? or through the Barclay's backdoor number?
2) Current Priceline Visa card holder - so far so good? no complaints?

Thank you so much... I am so grateful to have found this forum.


1. Apply through OP's link for best results but be sure to check T&C before submitting. I'd strongly suggest NOT applying through the Priceline website as some of the cards offered are either the annual fee version or only 1 point per dollar. The backdoor number is primarily for reconsideration if an applicant is denied.
2. So far so good but haven't tried to redeem rewards yet. I was a little disappointed on the CL, only $5K here but others have had better results.

rated:
kintro said:   
1. Apply through OP's link for best results but be sure to check T&C before submitting. I'd strongly suggest NOT applying through the Priceline website as some of the cards offered are either the annual fee version or only 1 point per dollar. The backdoor number is primarily for reconsideration if an applicant is denied.


This card is not available directly on the website as indicated. You have to use the special super-duper secret link provided here that goes to the application for this card type.

I have a question for you folks who have this 5 pts NYOP card. When you do a NYOP bid, at the card entry (or selection) area, Priceline knows which cards are their co-branded ones. Does it tell you something to the effect of use your card and get Quintuple points for your purchase as a graphic or text? Mine does this for the 4x annual fee card (Quadruple that is) as a text (used to be graphic) right by the card selection area to encourage use (in case you wanted to not use your card for a NYOP purchase for some reason). I know a few of you have already done a NYOP with this card since you have posted transactions you were able to see the 10% or more bonus points (or less points to redeem) option.

Rasheed

rated:
rasheedb said:   
I have a question for you folks who have this 5 pts NYOP card. When you do a NYOP bid, at the card entry (or selection) area, Priceline knows which cards are their co-branded ones. Does it tell you something to the effect of use your card and get Quintuple points for your purchase as a graphic or text?


Right below the drop-down menu asking which card to use, PL shows a graphic that says "Don't miss out - use your PL Rewards Visa Card!" Below that is text saying "Be sure to use your PL rewards Visa card today to earn double points on this purchase!" This is not correct, since I actually received 5 pts/$ on my last successful bid using the card.

rated:
DemoGreen said:   
Right below the drop-down menu asking which card to use, PL shows a graphic that says "Don't miss out - use your PL Rewards Visa Card!" Below that is text saying "Be sure to use your PL rewards Visa card today to earn double points on this purchase!" This is not correct, since I actually received 5 pts/$ on my last successful bid using the card.


Got it. As this card is not officially listed, it is just seen as a variant of the no annual fee card.

Rasheed

rated:
Thank you rasheedb and kintro for your kind replies. I appreciate it.

rated:
Yes, in for 1! Prompt approval!

rated:
WTF only US citizens can apply for this card.

rated:
kingfisher1111 said:   WTF only US citizens can apply for this card.

Interesting since this is a Barclaycard (major UK issuer).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juniper_Bank

Rasheed

rated:
kingfisher1111 said:   WTF only US citizens can apply for this card.

Actually, US permanent residents can apply (so if you have a green card, that is enough, but not temporary Visa). I think this is actually the policy of most financial institutions (though they don't usually know/enforce it), but Barclays seems to be doing the added check if your credit report started late (I think after 24yrs).

rated:
novocane said:   kingfisher1111 said:   WTF only US citizens can apply for this card.

Actually, US permanent residents can apply (so if you have a green card, that is enough, but not temporary Visa). I think this is actually the policy of most financial institutions (though they don't usually know/enforce it), but Barclays seems to be doing the added check if your credit report started late (I think after 24yrs).

Wasted my pull..

rated:
I applied last Sunday and got a message: They need more time for decision about the application at the end of the online application.

Checked the status at the application site by Barclay:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/checkstatus.do?default_partner=003

Figured out that a letter with the denied application was prepared. I could download the pdf of it. Three general issues in my credit report (TU) were listed that put my TU score down to 699.

Was hoping for the recommended Barclay backdoor number 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst) Mo-Fr 8am-5pm EST - and it was really working like a charm:

I was calling today, Thursday, 8.45 am EST. After 3 seconds (no ringtone) I had a real person on the line who is a credit analyst, and he started immediately working on my case! The handling and questionary were completely appropriate for my case with issues in the report that yield the not great score and the computer system to deny the application.

Questions:
- identification
- occupation, how long, where
- why late start 6 years ago -> came to US at this time, now permanent resident, is o.k.
- why high balance on one card (90%) -> balance transfer offer 0% interest, 0% fee 5 month ago
- how much monthly payments on it -> minimum payment to keep interest as long as possible alive
- how want to pay back -> covered by savings account (contains more than triple of the balance)
- why several new cards/inquires -> usage of former Schwab card before, now taken over by BoA with terrible business behavior, therefore looking out for substitutes
- why application for Priceline -> substitute of former Schwab card; simplicity in reward program, benefits

And after only 12 min. I got approved with $ 7,500 credit limit. HAPPY DAY.

Thank's to the staff at Barclay, and to the contributors here with all the tips.

And - if you are denied - don't hesitate to give it a chance at the backdoor number and be truthful.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014