• filter:
  • 12 3 4514
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
OMG. Got the 2nd card approved so I have both Priceline cards for now. I may cancel the annual fee one later, but it has its benefits too on retail Priceline purchases (did not want to lose the points).

Another positive for the credit analyst team at Barclay -- good deal, I should have called earlier. This is also the phone line if you need to move credit limits among Barclay cards as an FYI, but having more than one Barclay card (cobranded or whatever) is very difficult.

Rasheed

rated:
I applied (w/ my wife as the auth buyer) and was instantly approved for 12.5K... I also thought it was odd they required her SSN#... I chose the one without Shatner to avoid the conversation piece lol... Seems like a clear 2% card, plus I use Priceline once a month for work for a cheap hotel so a tiny bonus there as well...

rated:
good to know it

rated:
Got my card including all documentation today - and it is exactly what someone could expect. For interested people I attached the scanned paper information about the rewards - identical to the information in the application form. I attached also the scanned paper summary of the benefits - all standard visa signature benefits. Barclay refers explicitely to the link http://visa.com/signature for more details about the benefits.

I am happy - a nice subsitute for my former 2% CashBack Schwab card, only for foreign travel (3% fee) another card seems necessary.

rated:
Approved for 15.7k. Chose the Shatner card, woohoo.

rated:
instantly approved for only 2K.

rated:
Just applied and got this message:

"We're sorry, we are not able to complete your application decision right now, additional time is needed to process your request."

I then used Barclay's Status check tool (https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/checkstatus.do?default_... and got this:

"Congratulations! You were approved for the Priceline rewards Visa Card with a Credit Line of $1,400.00 - You'll receive your card, pin, and cardmember agreement within the next 10 days. Set up online access now. Select GO to create a username and password."

Glad I got approved but a $1,400 CL is terrible. Once I get the card I'll call the backdoor and/or CS number and see if I can get it raised immediately. I'm also hoping that I got approved for the Visa Signature version of the card instead of the regular Platinum version.

rated:
Does the website for this card have shopsafe (to generate virtual CC numbers)? And I saw someone posted that quicken works with it but can you use the website to download the .qfx file or do you have to connect from within quicken? Also do you have to wait until the end of the month to download transactions?

Thanks in advance!

rated:
msheikh25 said:   Does the website for this card have shopsafe (to generate virtual CC numbers)? And I saw someone posted that quicken works with it but can you use the website to download the .qfx file or do you have to connect from within quicken? Also do you have to wait until the end of the month to download transactions?

Thanks in advance!

1) I don't see anything to generate virtual credit card #s
2) You can specify a date range for downloading transactions and get transactions at any time (though I don't use Quicken, so I haven't tested it)

rated:
I do use Quicken and know you can download at any time.

rated:
novocane said:   msheikh25 said:   Does the website for this card have shopsafe (to generate virtual CC numbers)? And I saw someone posted that quicken works with it but can you use the website to download the .qfx file or do you have to connect from within quicken? Also do you have to wait until the end of the month to download transactions?

Thanks in advance!

1) I don't see anything to generate virtual credit card #s
2) You can specify a date range for downloading transactions and get transactions at any time (though I don't use Quicken, so I haven't tested it)

peteypablo said:   I do use Quicken and know you can download at any time.

Thanks for the replies. I think this will be my replacement for the schwab card. No more VCC feature but at least I can now download transactions whenever and get straight statement credits with the CashBack. I'll keep the replacement card that BOA sent for the occasional need of Virtual Shop safe feature....I guess there is no one perfect card.

rated:
Has anyone got the intial bonus on this card? The ad says 2500 points ($25), but the terms say 5000 points ($50). I'm curious to know which it is.

rated:
Yeah, I got it already. 5000 points when first statement cut.

rated:
kintro said:   Yeah, I got it already. 5000 points when first statement cut.

initial purchase need to be >= $25?

rated:
I think any purchase qualifies for the 5000 pt bonus. Most likely does not need to be more than $25.

fwiw, I did not get the $60 (or $50 in OP) PL bonus cash for a NYOP hotel mentioned here. Perhaps I missed an email/offer or some other literature but it's not really a concern for me since I was not planning on using it.

rated:
This is a racial card..or a discrimination card.. it says FN can't apply and only US citizens or PR's can apply..

rated:
I got the $60 bonus cash too but when it said must be used by the end of 2011, does it mean "Book by Dec 31" or "the hotel stay must be by Dec 31"? I have an upcoming trip in 1 week for 1 night and 3 nights in March so wondering which I should apply this to. Anyone knows?

Kintro - mine was through an email. Maybe it's in your inbox? In case you do want to check it out.

Also, do we get more points if we purchase say flights through Priceline.com instead of directly with the airline? I travel for work so if I could get more points buying flights through Priceline.com, maybe I could start doing that.

rated:
sitegia said:   I got the $60 bonus cash too but when it said must be used by the end of 2011, does it mean "Book by Dec 31" or "the hotel stay must be by Dec 31"? I have an upcoming trip in 1 week for 1 night and 3 nights in March so wondering which I should apply this to. Anyone knows?

Kintro - mine was through an email. Maybe it's in your inbox? In case you do want to check it out.

Also, do we get more points if we purchase say flights through Priceline.com instead of directly with the airline? I travel for work so if I could get more points buying flights through Priceline.com, maybe I could start doing that.

I got the $60 via email. It appears that you must book before 12/31 (stay can be in 2012). Sometimes, they get extended, but you can't count on that. I will see when the statement closes if I get the 5000 points credit.

This is why I have two Priceline cards. The 2%/5% card does not give any special points (except the normal 2%) for retail purchases of airline tickets on the website. Only strictly for NYOP (bid accepted) in hotel/air/car do you get any Priceline website bonus (which is weird, I am not sure why they would not encourage all Priceline spending to some extra level). The annual fee card gives "3%" on Priceline retail purchases (no bid). I will have to constantly evaluate how much retail I do to see if I should keep that card. It used to also be awesome for NYOP at "4%", but then they did this other card.

Rasheed

rated:
kingfisher1111 said:   This is a racial card..or a discrimination card.. it says FN can't apply and only US citizens or PR's can applyHow can it be racial if they allow puerto ricans to apply? Desis should be welcome too

rated:
xoneinax said:   kingfisher1111 said:   This is a racial card..or a discrimination card.. it says FN can't apply and only US citizens or PR's can applyHow can it be racial if they allow puerto ricans to apply? Desis should be welcome tooThey finally got sick of the "Shanghai Surprise" where people run up their 30 cards and then make a beeline for home.

rated:
Crazytree said:   They finally got sick of the "Shanghai Surprise"Yeah, too little too late when I finally discovered why that gogo dancer wore a skirt and not a bikini

rated:
sitegia said:   I got the $60 bonus cash too but when it said must be used by the end of 2011, does it mean "Book by Dec 31" or "the hotel stay must be by Dec 31"? I have an upcoming trip in 1 week for 1 night and 3 nights in March so wondering which I should apply this to. Anyone knows?

Hmm, thanks sitegia. Does anyone recall if this Bonus Cash email came from Barclays or PL? Don't see anything in my trash or inbox though I may have deleted it thinking it was spam.

rated:
xoneinax said:   How can it be racial if they allow puerto ricans to apply? Desis should be welcome too

Looking at the application right now and...
"This offer is not available for residents of Puerto Rico."

rated:
Lol everyone knows who spends lot on cards and escape....

rated:
xoneinax said:   kingfisher1111 said:   This is a racial card..or a discrimination card.. it says FN can't apply and only US citizens or PR's can applyHow can it be racial if they allow puerto ricans to apply? Desis should be welcome too

This card can't be applied by everyone. They can apply only if they are perm residents..

rated:
Crazytree said:   xoneinax said:   kingfisher1111 said:   This is a racial card..or a discrimination card.. it says FN can't apply and only US citizens or PR's can applyHow can it be racial if they allow puerto ricans to apply? Desis should be welcome tooThey finally got sick of the "Shanghai Surprise" where people run up their 30 cards and then make a beeline for home.
Lol everyone knows who are defaulters..

rated:
kingfisher1111 said:   Lol everyone knows who spends lot on cards and escape....Who? Eastern Europeans? subcontinentals? chinese?

rated:
Anyone been able to connect this account to Mint? I can't find it in their database.

rated:
Calluna said:   Anyone been able to connect this account to Mint? I can't find it in their database.

Use Barclay Bank Delaware Credit Card (www.barclaycardus.com). All of the Juniper/Barclay Cards site are interachangeable -- they may have a different skin or color scheme, but they all are the same backend (unique logins required, etc.). This means you could login at whatever Barclay co-branded card site home page and it will still end up at the same place.

Rasheed

rated:
Rasheed, thank you for your explanation. If that's the case, then I will use the $60 Bonus Cash for my stay in 2012 but book it before 12/31. Yeah, it puzzles me too why they don't push sales on Priceline.com

Kintro - the email came from Priceline.com. The subject of the email is: Priceline rewards Visa card Bonus Cash. Hope you could find it.

Thanks

rated:
According to the sign-up offer email, the $50 bonus cash is rewarded after first Priceline booking on the card:

"$50 Hotel Bonus Cash(4)
Get $50 towards your next qualifying Name Your Own Price hotel stay. (Awarded after the first time you use your new card to book travel at Priceline)."

4) See Terms and Conditions for more details.

rated:
Does anyone have experience doing disputes with Barclays? I normally put large/risky purchases on AMEX, because I've had best results with their dispute process, but if this card offered a good dispute procedure, I'd love to earn 2% on it.

rated:
nm

rated:
So we've actually verified the 2% right? I can't find explicit confirmation on the card site that says "when you earn 2500 points, you can redeem for a $25 statement credit against any purchase >$25".

Just want to make sure that this IS the case. Applied & approved, just a little bit uncertain about the rewards now since their site has no clear confirmation but the CARD Act apparently allows a consumer to reject a card without credit impact up to the moment they activate it.

EDIT: I see the site mention that the 5000 open points will be worth at least $50 but nothing else mentioning specific point value on the site, and since I don't have any points right now it won't show me. The FAQ on rewards on the site doesn't explicitly confirm what an "eligible purchase of $25 or more" is or confirm 1 point = $.01.

EDIT 2: Even weirder, when I'm logged in I'm told I earn two miles under the program overview. Huh?

EDIT 3: Attached a picture to illustrate this; When I go to "Contact Us", I do have "Priceline Visa Signature" in the account field. Just applied a couple days ago.

rated:
The reason why it is quiet here is that this card is working just fine. 2 points for non-NYOP and 5 points for NYOP purchases. Discount when you use points to redeem on NYOP purchases (it was recently mentioned in an email I got, but otherwise unadvertised). Sometimes the labels are not consistent because this is not a normally available card version, but you just need to use it and see what happens.

I hope you used the special link posted here where the application indicated the 5points/2points one. Using a link from the Priceline site will NOT work for this program.

Just make your normal purchases and when you have something of more than $25, you can go to the redeem section and see your choices. It is a 2% card when used to redeem on any purchase item of $25 or more. It is more than 2% when used on NYOP purchases.

It is working for current cardholders, until you start using the card and seeing points post, I doubt you'll trust anything already in the previous posts before yours if you have these thoughts.

Rasheed

rated:
Appreciate the reply, rasheedb. Link from OP leads me to this page (attached image), which leads to the app.

rated:
How does the 50 dollar Priceline NYOP bonus work? Anybody tried? I need to book a hotel to Bakersfield. Thanks a lot.

rated:
qqzj said:   How does the 50 dollar Priceline NYOP bonus work? Anybody tried? I need to book a hotel to Bakersfield. Thanks a lot.

Appears to be a $60 offer with a max of $12 per day (so you can use it for up to 5 days). Appears to be 3 star or higher requirement (no 5 star or Resort allowed). Must book by 12/31/2011. This is not very different from other bonus cash offers used by Priceline in terms of how to redeem.

You have to have received the email with the coupon which was sent after your first NYOP purchase using the card. So, you can only use if for the second or later purchase. Since the deadline is fast approaching, I am not sure they are going to give you an offer for 2012 if you have not yet already received it.

Rasheed

rated:
Thanks a lot for the very detailed explanation. Not as attractive as I have hoped for. But your explanation definitely worth a lot. Best,

rated:
rasheedb said:   I hope you used the special link posted here where the application indicated the 5points/2points one. Using a link from the Priceline site will NOT work for this program.
Rasheed

Rasheed: The link on Priceline site shows 5points/2points. Is this new or am I missing something?

http://www.priceline.com/promo/priceline_rewards_card.asp

When you click on "Choose your card", (interestingly) there is only one card, which is 5/2 points with $50 bonus.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014