• filter:
  • 16 7 891014
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
artintheus said:   Starting value for NYOP redemptions is approx 1.1 cents per point, I had one NYOP for about $470 which gave me 1.3 cents per point value and now we have 1.5cents per point for $1176.77 NYOP transaction as reported by ROLF. So my guess is that you get maximum value which is 1.5 cents per point when your NYOP transaction is more than $500 or $1000 which I also want to find out

I can tell you a NYOP a bit over $1500 was still at 1.5. I think it would be hard (but not impossible) to find a NYOP purchase over $2000 (it would likely have to be an airfare one or a really nice hotel/resort stay), but I think maybe we can agree for now that 1.5 is the max known rate (it would take a whole lot of 'normal' spending to redeem such a reward).

I also have the AF one (no longer available) which gives 3% on Priceline retail stuff (non-NYOP), but sadly it does not discount non-NYOP Priceline purchases on redemption. I keep debating if I should keep this one, but the annual fee is small, and there are some other interesting benefits to have two linked cards I have noticed. You cannot combine points though (like TY/UR).

Rasheed

rated:
Wow... one of the fastest approval system. It took about 2 minutes to fill app and under 1 minute to gain instant approval.

rated:
rasheedb said:   CowbellMaster said:   I've been using the card for a week now and really like it, just wish pre-auth transactions show up like they did w/my BOA card.

At least they show up in a few hours or by the next day, let's not talk about big banks like Citi that still don't do pre-auth on the web.

Rasheed

My Citi Cards just started showing pending transactions. Finally!

rated:
Doua said:   Wow... one of the fastest approval system. It took about 2 minutes to fill app and under 1 minute to gain instant approval.Did you already have an account with them? Thanks.

rated:
Rasheedb,,

Yes, 1.5 is the max value for point on NYOP, as I wrote before it is documented here:
https://www.pricelinevisa.com/app/japply/lp/35020.jsp?product.Io...

The ad says that you are saving $150 or UP TO $225 on NYOP transactions.
The thing is to find which minimum amount gets the maximum redeemption value

rated:
artintheus said:   Rasheedb,,

Yes, 1.5 is the max value for point on NYOP, as I wrote before it is documented here:
https://www.pricelinevisa.com/app/japply/lp/35020.jsp?product.Io...

The ad says that you are saving $150 or UP TO $225 on NYOP transactions.

Agreed. Somebody hurry up and win a NYOP bid of just over $500 and report back!

rated:
artintheus said:   The ad says that you are saving $150 or UP TO $225 on NYOP transactions.

Sorry I missed this. Thanks for this link. I guess I just do not accumulate points long enough to hold out for bigger rewards.

It is too bad I can't go to older NYOP transactions that I could not redeem and see what the figures were. The highest ones I have done have been at the 1.2 level it seems (over the last three years).

Rasheed

rated:
I have one other closed Juniper card, Carnival, when I log in to the Priceline card account there is now an additional step of clicking on Carnival or Priceline card icon I want to open. Once this additional step came online about a week ago, Mint.com syncing stopped working. Anyone having the same issue?

rated:
I went through the thread and compiled all the redemption rates for NYOP purchases + I added 2 NYOP purchases I made myself. If you do a NYOP purchase please share your redemption rate with us

$100.34 - 9,122 - 1.1% - sailwind
$211.08 - 17,590 - 1.2% - ZJamaican
$329.86 - 27,489 - 1.2% - bbr
$408.40 - 31,416 - 1.3% - ZJamaican
$1,176.77 - 78,452 - 1.5% - ROFL

rated:
rasheedb said:   CowbellMaster said:   I've been using the card for a week now and really like it, just wish pre-auth transactions show up like they did w/my BOA card.

At least they show up in a few hours or by the next day, let's not talk about big banks like Citi that still don't do pre-auth on the web.

Rasheed

Citi recently added a display for pending CC transactions. I see them for my TYP card. This was just in the last 3 weeks or so.

rated:
ZJamaican said:   I went through the thread and compiled all the redemption rates for NYOP purchases + I added 2 NYOP purchases I made myself. If you do a NYOP purchase please share your redemption rate with us

$100.34 - 9,122 - 1.1% - sailwind

$67.55 6141
$266.16 22180
$115.00 10455
$82.74 7522
$82.74 7522
$59.58 5417
$59.57 5416

rated:
Thanks NutsAboutGolf, here is the updated list excluding the values that are in between the threshold:

$59.57 - 5,416 - 1.1% - NutsAboutGolf
$115.00 - 10,455 - 1.1% - NutsAboutGolf

I'm deducing that the true redemption schedule looks like this:

$.01 - $199.99 - 1.1%
$200.00 - $399.99 - 1.2%
$400.00 - $599.99 - 1.3% (Max Value is Unconfirmed)
$600.00 - $799.99 - 1.4% (Min and Max Value is Unconfirmed)
$800.00 - Infinity - 1.5% (Min Value is Unconfirmed)

Keep sharing your NYOP redemption rates folks

rated:
NutsAboutGolf said:   I have one other closed Juniper card, Carnival, when I log in to the Priceline card account there is now an additional step of clicking on Carnival or Priceline card icon I want to open. Once this additional step came online about a week ago, Mint.com syncing stopped working. Anyone having the same issue?

I am able to get Mint and Yodlee to read both accounts on the profile under one login. You can send an issue to Mint to verify this ability. I listed earlier what title to use for the Mint profile login I think.

Rasheed

rated:
I just got an email from Priceline Visa entitled "Coming soon...a totally new online cardmember experience" regarding some new portal page they're rolling out and noticed that I had a small wave of anxiety hit me as soon as I saw the message in my inbox.

Am I the only one with a minor case of PTSD due to the Schwab 2% card termination experience?

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   I just got an email from Priceline Visa entitled "Coming soon...a totally new online cardmember experience" regarding some new portal page they're rolling out and noticed that I had a small wave of anxiety hit me as soon as I saw the message in my inbox.
I'll ride this as long as I can, and when they finally drop the 2% I'll mothball the card and go back to my SPG AMEX. Given that I've had another Barclay's card for about 5 years and have made a grand total of two purchases on it (I got it for 0% BT for a year), maybe they'll figure out that the 2% is what is getting them all these transactions.

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   I just got an email from Priceline Visa entitled "Coming soon...a totally new online cardmember experience" regarding some new portal page they're rolling out and noticed that I had a small wave of anxiety hit me as soon as I saw the message in my inbox.

Am I the only one with a minor case of PTSD due to the Schwab 2% card termination experience?

Fwiw, I got this email for a different Barclays card (as well as an email for the PL card) so not sure it's indicative of junking the 2% program.

rated:
rasheedb said:   Calluna said:   Anyone been able to connect this account to Mint? I can't find it in their database.

Use Barclay Bank Delaware Credit Card (www.barclaycardus.com). All of the Juniper/Barclay Cards site are interachangeable -- they may have a different skin or color scheme, but they all are the same backend (unique logins required, etc.). This means you could login at whatever Barclay co-branded card site home page and it will still end up at the same place.

Rasheed

Deleted my old Priceline link, added this one, doesn't work with mint for me...Submitted a ticket to mint, found on the mint forums that many are having this problem and mint blames barclay while barclay blames mint...

rated:
Just applied yesterday and was approved for the Platinum version (booooo!) with only 4K CL (boooo!). I'm not sure if the rewards program is any different for the Platinum version and can't seem to find a definitive answer here. Called the recon backdoor number this morning and spoke with credit analyst. They will not consider upgrade to Signature version or CL increase until they have 4-6 months payment history with them (this is my first Barclay's card). I have good credit history and plenty of income.

Will post back when I receive the package in the mail to let everyone know what the Platinum version entails. If it's not the same rewards program, I'll most likely throw it in the garbage and be irritated that I wasted a hard pull.

rated:
motowndennis,

The only difference is Signature card with its own benefits and lower APR. Reward program is the same, don`t worry

rated:
Just recently received my PL card with the 2% (which I wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't seen this thread, so thanks, OP!). Hope that it'll last for a while, at least. It would join a long line of cards that I've had that have done just that; Schwab, Chase, SailieMae (just announced that they will lower the max reward/per month from $500 to $250 eligible purchases), etc.

rated:
artintheus said:   motowndennis,

The only difference is Signature card with its own benefits and lower APR. Reward program is the same, don`t worry

Awesome - I'll just use my Fidelity AMEX for any purchase that I need the additional benefits on and they can charge 90% APR for all I care cause I pay it off every month.

I wonder if they'll really consider upgrade to the Signature down the road. Also, is the 2% uncapped? Don't think I've seen any mention of that. Just wondering. I guess the Platinum won't be so bad after all.

rated:
motowndennis,

I also got Platinum version and asked about upgrade at a later time - the answer was that is possible. However my credit line now is more than $5k required for Signature version but they are saying that I don`t qualify yet and they will let me know when the upgrade opportunity will be available for my account

rated:
artintheus said:   motowndennis,

I also got Platinum version and asked about upgrade at a later time - the answer was that is possible. However my credit line now is more than $5k required for Signature version but they are saying that I don`t qualify yet and they will let me know when the upgrade opportunity will be available for my account

Thanks for the feedback. How long have you had the card? Did they indicate why you don't qualify the the Sig yet?

The Credit Analyst I spoke with couldn't or wouldn't tell me why they didn't approve me for the Sig version. She looked at my credit and said that she couldn't see any specific concerns and that it was an automated computer decision.

rated:
ZJamaican said:   Thanks NutsAboutGolf, here is the updated list excluding the values that are in between the threshold:

$115.00 - 10,455 - 1.1% - NutsAboutGolf

I'm deducing that the true redemption schedule looks like this:

$.01 - $199.99 - 1.1%
$200.00 - $399.99 - 1.2%
$400.00 - $599.99 - 1.3% (Max Value is Unconfirmed)
$600.00 - $799.99 - 1.4% (Min and Max Value is Unconfirmed)
$800.00 - Infinity - 1.5% (Min Value is Unconfirmed)

Keep sharing your NYOP redemption rates folks

One more data point supporting your data: $601.05 Priceline purchase - 42,933pts.

If you do sufficient >$800 PL purchases, this is effectively a 3% rewards card. That's pretty darn good.

rated:
$382.48 - 31,874 here confirming 1.2% tier; great analysis ZJamaican

rated:
Here's some more:
PLN*Priceline.com $487.62 / 37,510 1.3%
PLN*Priceline.com $414.15 / 31,858 1.3%
PLN*Priceline.com $588.10 / 45,239 1.3%
PLN*Priceline.com $342.30 / 28,525 1.2%
PLN*Priceline.com $194.42 / 17,675 1.1%

rated:
Just added the latest data thanks to novocane, neophyte, and NutsAboutGolf:

$194.42 - 17,675 - 1.1% - NutsAboutGolf
$382.48 - 31,874 - 1.2% - neophyte
$588.10 - 45,239 - 1.3% - NutsAboutGolf
$601.05 - 42,933 - 1.4% - novocane

Based on the data I'd say it's now 95% likely that the true NYOP redemption schedule looks like this (Identical to the one I posted earlier):

$.01 - $199.99 - 1.1%
$200.00 - $399.99 - 1.2%
$400.00 - $599.99 - 1.3%
$600.00 - $799.99 - 1.4% (Max. Value is Unconfirmed)
$800.00 - Infinity - 1.5% (Min. Value is Unconfirmed)

At this point we only need data from anyone who has made a NYOP purchase between $700 and $900. If you have please share your redemption rate with us

rated:
I have taken advantage of an Express Deal (Priceline's Hotwire mimic hotel product).

As it pertains to this 5% NYOP card, here is how it is viewed.

-Behaves just like a NYOP transaction
-Qualifies for NYOP FW CashBack (currently 5% before tax/fees)
-Qualifies for 5 pts per dollar on total on card statement
-Qualifies for discounted points redemption (using scale mentioned earlier)

An Express Deal is treated like a counter-offer so it goes into the same workflow as other NYOP bids except for the enter your price part. The last screen is the same as a bid completion screen.

Rasheed

rated:
rasheedb said:   I have taken advantage of an Express Deal (Priceline's Hotwire mimic hotel product).

As it pertains to this 5% NYOP card, here is how it is viewed.

-Behaves just like a NYOP transaction
-Qualifies for NYOP FW CashBack (currently 5% before tax/fees)
-Qualifies for 5 pts per dollar on total on card statement
-Qualifies for discounted points redemption (using scale mentioned earlier)

An Express Deal is treated like a counter-offer so it goes into the same workflow as other NYOP bids except for the enter your price part. The last screen is the same as a bid completion screen.

Rasheed

Thanks! I was wondering about that....

rated:
I have and am really liking this card. I got it without William Shatner on it which is what I recommend lol.

rated:

I think they are just talking about an updated design to their website:

http://bcove.me/y3au07w7

rated:
Has anyone who has the Visa Platinum version of this card been upgraded to the Signature version of this card? The Platinum version is the one with a plain Visa logo, the signature version says Visa Signature on the lower right of the card.

1 rep I spoke to said it's possible to be upgraded, another rep I spoke with says I would have to re-apply to get the signature version.

rated:
phototristan said:   I have and am really liking this card. I got it without William Shatner on it which is what I recommend lol.

Depends, if you're a social butterfly, having shatner on it is an awesome conversation starter with a waitress/bartender/cashier...

rated:
I recommend the Shatner for the above reason.

rated:
NutsAboutGolf said:   phototristan said:   I have and am really liking this card. I got it without William Shatner on it which is what I recommend lol.

Depends, if you're a social butterfly, having shatner on it is an awesome conversation starter with a waitress/bartender/cashier...

I suppose. I pretty much hate William Shatner so would not want to advertise him personally.

rated:
As of mid August, they brought Shatner back, contracted through the year and expecting to get a longer contract...

rated:
NutsAboutGolf said:   As of mid August, they brought Shatner back, contracted through the year and expecting to get a longer contract...

When I applied for this card, I was given the choice online of the card with or without Shatner. I chose without.

rated:
phototristan said:   NutsAboutGolf said:   As of mid August, they brought Shatner back, contracted through the year and expecting to get a longer contract...

When I applied for this card, I was given the choice online of the card with or without Shatner. I chose without.

That card design is so much awesomer WITH Shatner.

rated:
I regret not picking Shatner.

rated:
2% on all transactions is hard to beat. Saving this for future reference or I would be applying for too many cards.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014