• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I just received a targeted offer via postal mail for an extra 5% rewards on restaurants, department stores and electronics for up to $500 spend from 10/1 thru 12/31. It required signing up on the web with a unique promo code.

rated:
bluechalk said:   I just received a targeted offer via postal mail for an extra 5% rewards on restaurants, department stores and electronics for up to $500 spend from 10/1 thru 12/31. It required signing up on the web with a unique promo code.

Got this mailer too for 5x rewards.

It's not really clear whether the 5x applies to the 2 points per dollar spent which some PL cards already give -- in which case this offer would be 12% CB on the stated categories.
At the minimum, it should be 7% CB assuming the bonus points actually post hassle free.

rated:
kintro said:   bluechalk said:   I just received a targeted offer via postal mail for an extra 5% rewards on restaurants, department stores and electronics for up to $500 spend from 10/1 thru 12/31. It required signing up on the web with a unique promo code.

Got this mailer too for 5x rewards.

It's not really clear whether the 5x applies to the 2 points per dollar spent which some PL cards already give -- in which case this offer would be 12% CB on the stated categories.
At the minimum, it should be 7% CB assuming the bonus points actually post hassle free.

It's on the fine print.. Earn 5X bonus points for every $1 in new purchases at restaurants, fast foods restaurants, department and electronic stores..
I dont know why you guys making so hard

rated:
All I got was a measly 2x bonus points up to 2,500 points. And could they use a longer URL to sign up at? I'm not feeling the love.

rated:
With those of you who got the Oct-Dec 5% offer, do you have the plat or sig version of the card?

rated:
NutsAboutGolf said:   With those of you who got the Oct-Dec 5% offer, do you have the plat or sig version of the card?I got the offer, and I have Signature.

rated:
Anyone got a login offer to convert to Upromise Mastercard?

rated:
tulsastorm said:   All I got was a measly 2x bonus points up to 2,500 points. And could they use a longer URL to sign up at? I'm not feeling the love.

Ditto. And the URL wouldn't work for me. Had to call in to activate. On the positive side, the total number of bonus points that can be earned is the same as the 5x people. We just have to spend more.

rated:
pyro123 said:   Anyone got a login offer to convert to Upromise Mastercard?Are you sure it's an offer to convert to Upromise, not a link to your converted Upromise card ?

Barclays is managing Upromise card now, and for those who have existing Barclays login and Upromise card they have a link for Upromise online activation.

rated:
When I got my card, I was surprised to see on the back of one document a statement about which credit bureau they pulled (Transunion) and what my score was, and what the negatives were. While not of great value, this is worth the trouble of looking for when you get the documents.

rated:
Applied with ~740 FICO, and $50k credit with 3% utilization.

Approved instantly for $5k, called in to credit analyst, bumped to $15k.

Love Shatner ninja kicking on the card.

rated:
neophyte said:   pyro123 said:   Anyone got a login offer to convert to Upromise Mastercard?Are you sure it's an offer to convert to Upromise, not a link to your converted Upromise card ?

Barclays is managing Upromise card now, and for those who have existing Barclays login and Upromise card they have a link for Upromise online activation.

You're right. Sorry.

rated:
Has anyone been able to setup auto pay for this card so that it is automatically deducted from their personal bank account each month? I currently have every bill I pay setup on auto pay. I'm looking for a new card and am considering this one. But the ability to have auto pay setup is mandatory for me.

rated:
I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but I can confirm that hotels booked through the "List View" tab on Priceline do not qualify for the reduced point redemptions.

The "Best Deal" (NYOP) tab does qualify and I think someone posted that the "Express Deal" tab works also.

rated:
AccessGuy said:   Has anyone been able to setup auto pay for this card so that it is automatically deducted from their personal bank account each month? I currently have every bill I pay setup on auto pay. I'm looking for a new card and am considering this one. But the ability to have auto pay setup is mandatory for me.

Yes, this is available on the website. No issue.

bbr said:   I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but I can confirm that hotels booked through the "List View" tab on Priceline do not qualify for the reduced point redemptions.

The "Best Deal" (NYOP) tab does qualify and I think someone posted that the "Express Deal" tab works also.

They don't qualify for 5 points either, right? Was any of your List View (we call it Priceline Retail) purchases labeled as Priceline for the merchant?

Since I cannot get hotel points of List View, I never book List View unless I am doing a booking.com (small hotels/B&B) pass through listing. I would go through the hotel main site.

Rasheed

rated:
rasheedb said:   AccessGuy said:   Has anyone been able to setup auto pay for this card so that it is automatically deducted from their personal bank account each month? I currently have every bill I pay setup on auto pay. I'm looking for a new card and am considering this one. But the ability to have auto pay setup is mandatory for me.

Yes, this is available on the website. No issue.

bbr said:   I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but I can confirm that hotels booked through the "List View" tab on Priceline do not qualify for the reduced point redemptions.

They don't qualify for 5 points either, right? Was any of your List View (we call it Priceline Retail) purchases labeled as Priceline for the merchant?

Since I cannot get hotel points of List View, I never book List View unless I am doing a booking.com (small hotels/B&B) pass through listing. I would go through the hotel main site.

Rasheed

I can't tell for the 5x points yet (statement hasn't closed yet). Yes Priceline is the merchant. This is what it says on the online transaction...

PLN*Priceline.com HTL

Merchant Category: LODGING HOTELS, MOTELS AND RESORTS
Merchant Phone Number: Not Available
Merchant Location: 800-657-9168, CT

rated:
bbr said:   I can't tell for the 5x points yet (statement hasn't closed yet). Yes Priceline is the merchant. This is what it says on the online transaction...

PLN*Priceline.com HTL

No need to wait. If you go to rewards earned since last statement, it will show posted charges and points attributed (either 2 or 5 per dollar in this case).

The merchant you post does indicate Priceline 5 points eligible, but maybe they do have a way to tell between NYOP and retail prepayment.

Rasheed

rated:
bummed it took me so long to find this thread. Just applied and was approved for over $10k in credit. Other than using my Blue for groceries, and Penfed for gas, I guess I have a new favorite card!

rated:
This card apparently offers faster return on purchases than most other cards.

They credit points right after purchases. I can see points credited on a $300 purchase recently posted. This is before the statement closes. Few other cads do this.

The purchases is also listed as available for redemption now, if I had enough points.

With common patterns of usage it is likely that one would have purchases of over $25 available for redemption, permitting immediate redemption.

The one obstacle is the limit of $30 days for redemption. Most of this could be used up before the statement cuts so one may lose opportunities for redemption. Their system shows I have 26 days left to redeem on this purchase, and most of that will be used before the statement closes.

Thus,it might pay to look at this card on line every so often and see if any redemption opportunities exist. This might be especially wise after large purchases which will have earned enough points to permit a redemption. There is a chance that if one looks at the account only at closing time (to schedule the payment) that some previous purchases that one could redeem for may no longer be available. Reviewing the account just a few days before closing may be wise since any redemptions may reduce the amount owed.

However, with reasonably frequent use (likely with the 2% reward structure, even for those with many other cards that are used for certain categories) there are likely to be frequent purchases of over $25 that can be redeemed for. If need be one can make a point of using this card for a purchases of just over $25 to create a redemption opportunity, even if another card would have yield a slightly higher points earning. For instance, my Verizon bill can be partially paid or prepaid in a chosen amount to provide an opportunity for redemption (even if I could have earned 5% using my US Bank card).

Of course, those who stay at Priceline hotels may prefer to accumulate points to redeem against their stays for a higher reward rate.

rated:
While this does not impact cardholders as yet, Priceline has bought kayak. They plan to keep it separate to give the illusion that you are on a different travel site. Hotwire was big on kayak, I expect that will disappear.

Rasheed

rated:
ScreamingDaisy said:   Things to watch out for in the T&C:
1. They'll take your points if you don't have 1 transaction or a balance every 6 months.
2. If your account is EVER more than 60 days past due they can revoke any past statement credits they've given you.

While with a 2% card, frequent usage is likely, one could imagine it not being done either because one had spending goals on new cards that were taking up all spending, or there was another 2% card that was being used, or once was incapacitated.

Hence, this argues that any points accumulated should be used as soon a practical. For those that do not plan to stay at Priceline hotels this is probably easy. However, those saving points to redeem on hotels could accumulate larger balances that fail to be used.

For those with wives or someone to handle their affairs in an emergency, they should be aware of the desirability of occasionally using the card, (ideally in an amount over $25 to create an opportunity to redeem points). If this someone is unlikely to want the hassle of managing this card, one might leave instructions on how to determine how many points there were to be used, and how to make a charge that would use them up (such as paying an utility bill).

There are probably ways to set up automatic charges that make sure the card is used. Unless you have the US bank card that gives 5% on bill pays, this is a logical card to be used for automatic charges you wish to make.

However, doing so could create a risk of the bills not being paid and triggering a claim for all previous credits. I can imagine a regular user of this card receiving thousands of dollars over many years, and then Barclay's trying to reclaim these when the bill became 60 days overdue (possibly during a hospitalization or nursing home stay).

This existence of this provision could provide a reason for making sure that in a financial emergency, this card was kept current with whatever funds were available.

An automatic payment of the minimum may be a wise precaution against this.

rated:
rasheedb said:   bbr said:   I can't tell for the 5x points yet (statement hasn't closed yet). Yes Priceline is the merchant. This is what it says on the online transaction...

PLN*Priceline.com HTL

No need to wait. If you go to rewards earned since last statement, it will show posted charges and points attributed (either 2 or 5 per dollar in this case).

The merchant you post does indicate Priceline 5 points eligible, but maybe they do have a way to tell between NYOP and retail prepayment.

Rasheed

This charge received 2 points per dollar. So they must have a way to tell the difference between retail and nyop.

rated:
Got email offer today:
Guessing it is not targeted but do not know.

Use your Priceline rewards Visa® Card January 1 through March 31, 2013 and earn 5 bonus points for every $1 you spend — up to 2,500 bonus points — on purchases and payments you already make today in the following categoriesą:

• Grocery stores
• Movie theaters
• Utility bills (phone/cable & satellite TV/standard utilities)

Best of all, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card every day.

You must activate this offer by January 20, 2013 to receive bonus rewards!

These PL Visa offers are slimming down the number of cards in my wallet. Current promo, iirc, was restaurants & electronics.

rated:
kintro said:   Got email offer today:

Use your Priceline rewards Visa® Card January 1 through March 31, 2013 and earn 5 bonus points for every $1 you spend — up to 2,500 bonus points — on purchases and payments you already make today in the following categoriesą:

• Grocery stores
• Movie theaters

Best of all, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card every day.

These PL Visa offers are slimming down the number of cards in my wallet. Current promo, iirc, was restaurants & electronics.

Where do you get that offer?

rated:
Received the offer via e-mail. Very sweet to be offered 5% on groceries and some utility bills. Did not anticipate this kind of generosity from a card I use constantly owing to the 2% across-the-board reward. I activated my 5% reward immediately without any problems. Of course it will not go "live" until 01/01/2013. That's fine.

Apparently the added 3% reward will be delayed slightly . . but who cares! This is an active card for me anyway. Now it will become even more active.

rated:
guardian44 said:    I activated my 5% reward immediately without any problems.
How did you activate? Is there a link in email - can you post it?

rated:
VicGr1 said:   guardian44 said:    I activated my 5% reward immediately without any problems.
How did you activate? Is there a link in email - can you post it?

Yes, that's right. It was a link in an e-mail sent specifically to me. Even when I opened the e-mail as a web page, it was a page dedicated to me which contained my name.

Thus, sorry, but I don't have a generic link for you. I think this is a targeted offer.

On background:

I've had my Priceline card for a while and, as I wrote prior, I do use the card. However:

I've never used the card to buy groceries or pay utility bills. This is because I have other cards which give (gave) me better deals in those realms. Hence it's possible I was targeted in an effort to induce me to use my Priceline card for a broader range of buying choices. Nothing for certain, this is just a guess.

rated:
Just curious, I just applied for this card and got a very low credit limit of $1600. My other credit cards have limits of between 50-100K. Does this CC company usually start you out with a low credit limit?

rated:
blackie7955 said:   Just curious, I just applied for this card and got a very low credit limit of $1600. My other credit cards have limits of between 50-100K. Does this CC company usually start you out with a low credit limit?No.

rated:
blackie7955 said:   Just curious, I just applied for this card and got a very low credit limit of $1600. My other credit cards have limits of between 50-100K. Does this CC company usually start you out with a low credit limit?
Nope, I was granted a CL of >10K the first time.

rated:
$15 makes a nice Christmas present. Even though I do a lot of my grocery shopping at Target and Costco, spending $38/week at a 'regular' grocery isn't exactly difficult.

rated:
blackie7955 said:   Just curious, I just applied for this card and got a very low credit limit of $1600. My other credit cards have limits of between 50-100K. Does this CC company usually start you out with a low credit limit?

You may have too much credit available...

rated:
I'm not understanding this deal as well as I want to. OK, first I realize it's a maximum of 5,000 bonus points, or fifty bucks, for the duration of the deal, between 01/01/2013 and 03/31/2013.

But during that time interval, and below the 5,000 point cap, is Priceline actually offering us seven points for every dollar spent? Are they offering us:

Five bonus points, PLUS the two points we would be awarded anyway, for every dollar spent?

Inquiring minds want to know. Does anyone have a handle on this?

rated:
guardian44 said:   I'm not understanding this deal as well as I want to. OK, first I realize it's a maximum of 5,000 bonus points, or fifty bucks, for the duration of the deal, between 01/01/2013 and 03/31/2013.

But during that time interval, and below the 5,000 point cap, is Priceline actually offering us seven points for every dollar spent? Are they offering us:

Five bonus points, PLUS the two points we would be awarded anyway, for every dollar spent?

Have you read the following post?

• Grocery stores
• Movie theaters

rated:
I redeemed a NYOP transaction back in July. It is 5911 points for $65.01. And both my husband and I received the promo for 5x points on grocery store, utilities and movies for the next quarter. However, mine has an activation link in the email but his doesn't. Anybody seen a promo email without any activation link?

rated:
HiLine said:   guardian44 said:   I'm not understanding this deal as well as I want to. OK, first I realize it's a maximum of 5,000 bonus points, or fifty bucks, for the duration of the deal, between 01/01/2013 and 03/31/2013.

Have you read the following post?

• Grocery stores
• Movie theaters

You didn't address my question. However, I concede the deal apparently varies as to size. The post you cited does mention only 2500 points, while my deal was for 5000 points maximum. I have no explanation for this. That's not my issue, though. Guess no one has the answer. Will have to give them a call after Christmas. If I can get an explanation I will post on this thread.

rated:

front (274.77kB)
Disclaimer

inside (514.25kB)
Disclaimer
Heads up! Check your mail.

I received an offer for 10,000 points ($100 Statement Credit) after spending $500 each month for the months of January, February, and March

No Code, looks to be already attached to your account.

If anything tells me this would be act similar to the bonus $200 Offer the NFL card had a few weeks back.

That one was targeted, so I suspect this one to be too.

rated:
I am officially feeling left out.

rated:
Medikit said:   I am officially feeling left out.
+1

rated:
guardian44 said:   I'm not understanding this deal as well as I want to. OK, first I realize it's a maximum of 5,000 bonus points, or fifty bucks, for the duration of the deal, between 01/01/2013 and 03/31/2013.

I just received the answer to this via snail mail from Priceline.com. Here is what the snail mail made clear. This was not clear to me from the e-mail which was my first notice of this deal:

The deal is even better than I had thought. (Keeping in mind nothing starts until 01/01/2013) they will give us five bonus points in addition to the customary two points. That's a total of seven points per dollar, up to the maximum of 5,000 bonus points, of course.

The snail mail also clarified the following:

Don't look for the bonus points to be awarded quickly. It could take as long as 60 days after the deal ends on 03/31/2013 for the bonus points (only) actually to be credited to your account; so we could be looking at the end of May, 2013, worst case.

Still a great deal IMHO, and better than I had originally thought.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.