QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

New priceline visa - with 2% rewards on purchases / 5% rewards on "Name your own price"

39 of 55
cashbackcardsonly
5/26/13 7:57 AM
CHECK APPLICATION STATUS

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

I guess I will call the reconsider line after Memorial Day and plead my case. What do I say?
+1
MissCrabette
5/27/13 12:22 PM
NewFarmBoy said:   

MADWAD said:   

Hmm.. Looks like no new 2% link.

The application form for the Priceline Visa Card with 2% / 5% points is still open: Application Form. Please verify the Terms and Conditions to ensure that the application is for the card you want.

Yeah, it looked like it was still available on Friday, so I applied but wasn't instantly approved. When I checked the status of my application, I got the same message as cashbackcardsonly. "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you." The credit analyst I spoke to a little while ago said that my application was declined without a pull because the offer is no longer available. I can't find any other 2% links. Oh well.
cashbackcardsonly
5/27/13 4:50 PM
MissCrabette said:   

NewFarmBoy said:   

MADWAD said:   

Hmm.. Looks like no new 2% link.

The application form for the Priceline Visa Card with 2% / 5% points is still open: Application Form. Please verify the Terms and Conditions to ensure that the application is for the card you want.

Yeah, it looked like it was still available on Friday, so I applied but wasn't instantly approved. When I checked the status of my application, I got the same message as cashbackcardsonly. "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you." The credit analyst I spoke to a little while ago said that my application was declined without a pull because the offer is no longer available. I can't find any other 2% links. Oh well.

I guess I won't bother calling then. How can any link lead you to 2% when the offer no longer exists? Crapital 1.5% will have to do unfortunately.
cashbackcardsonly
5/27/13 4:53 PM
That bites! At least I know why I was turned down. Can't be bothered with a brokerage 2% card, Is there any other 2% cards in existence?
cashbackcardsonly
5/27/13 5:03 PM
fenygirl said:   

Let see how longer this card will live .I will be off garden Nov ,May is dead already

I see you got your answer
+3
MissCrabette
5/27/13 5:04 PM
What's wrong with a brokerage card? It works wonderfully. The only problem is that a couple of places don't take AMEX, which is why I was trying to fill that gap with this Priceline card.

There is the Barclay Arrival. It has an $89 annual fee, but it's waived during the first year.
esoterica
5/27/13 5:17 PM
cashbackcardsonly said:   

That bites! At least I know why I was turned down. Can't be bothered with a brokerage 2% card, Is there any other 2% cards in existence?

The Citi Thank You Premier and Prestige cards are effectively 2.67% Cash Back cards if you fly a lot:

- 1 Thank You Point (TYP) for every dollar you spend
- 1 Flight Point (FP) for every mile flown using tickets purchased with the card; 1 FP gets converted into a TYP for each TYP you earn by spending
- 33% bonus TYP redemption on airfare (1 TYP = $0.0133), and tickets can be purchased with a combination of TYPs and cash so you don't have to have enough TYPs to cover the whole ticket

Also the Premier card gives 1.2 TYPs for supermarkets, gas stations, drugstores, commuter transportation and parking merchants, for an effective 3.2% max for those categories (1.2 TYPs + 1.2 FPs + 33% bonus), and the Prestige card gives 2 TYPs for dining, for an effective 5.33% max.
fenygirl
5/27/13 7:20 PM
SO ,the 2% Priceline is gone ??????
cashbackcardsonly
5/27/13 8:19 PM
May not be gone (yet) for existing users, but it appears the only working link to the 2% deal, will get you the following message:

"Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

I had the HSBC 2% card for years, which is going away in July, I don't want a Fidelity AMEX Card, and I'm not a frequent flyer. I guess I'm stuck with Cap One's 1 1/2% card for purchases over $30.
fenygirl
5/27/13 8:28 PM
cashbackcardsonly said:   

May not be gone (yet) for existing users, but it appears the only working link to the 2% deal, will get you the following message:

"Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

I had the HSBC 2% card for years, which is going away in July, I don't want a Fidelity AMEX Card, and I'm not a frequent flyer. I guess I'm stuck with Cap One's 1 1/2% card for purchases over $30.

Well.Is still for existing user ,But there is no chance for who wants to applying this card
39 of 55
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.