• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Happened to me the first time I made payment via Priceline's own online payment system (~$5k).
They gave me the run around but it was made available about 5-7 days later.
Have been using Chase Billpay since then and it hasn't happened since.
I think financial institutions consider the source when making funds available for new(ish) card holders.

Chases billpay system is setup in a way that the payment is funded (immediately taken from your account) when you setup the billpay.
If the $$ isn't there they billpay isn't processed. I think processes like these (and the reputation/size of the sending bank) makes the difference on the receiving end and how they treat your payment. Not saying its the only things that matters but it helps.

rated:
Ok, I've gotta ask the dumb question: How do you redeem points towards a NYOP purchase? I can't find any reference to the bonus value for redeeming towards NYOP nor can I find any link to using points toward a NYOP purchase on the Barclays website.

rated:
To get NYOP bonus, you go into the rewards redemption page and click on a NYOP purchase to redeem against. They are active for redemption for 90 days (instead of the standard 30). The $ amount looks the same, but when you click on it, you will see that the points required are less than 100/$.

For example, right now I have a $170.04 NYOP transaction I can redeem against, and it will cost 15,459 points, instead of 17,004. Nowhere on the site says what the conversion is, the values were determined empirically by others here on FWF.

rated:
CowbellMaster said:   WWYD:

$4300 tax bill
Can pay online
2.5% 'Convenience fee"

Use the CC or pay with check? I've changed my mind a dozen times so far and it's due tomorrow.

Your post is an old post which I just saw. But people are paying taxes all the time so wanted, for you and others, to reference my own thread, here:

Link to Priceline/tax thread

where a poster has confirmed Barclays' treatment of tax payments as charges, not as cash advances.

After all, if Barclays treated the payment as a CA, nobody would ever use their Priceline card to pay tax of any sort.

rated:
unable to log into site. keep getting message try later after entering password. its been like this all day. anyone else having same issue

rated:
nymgiants said:   unable to log into site. keep getting message try later after entering password. its been like this all day. anyone else having same issue

I can log in just fine.

rated:
regarding the redemption bonus.. it is normally 2x or 2% if redeemed towards a regular purchase, but it is 10-50% bonus if redeemed for a Priceline purchase depending on how large teh Priceline purchase is.
So my question is, is that bonus only applicable towards a "name your own price" purchase or is the bonus applied if you redeem the Cash Back /points towards ANY Priceline.com purchase? if I buy a plane ticket for $1000 on Priceline.com, and I have 66700 points ($667.00 regular Cash Back) can I redeem those points for the $1000 plane ticket? or does it have to be a $1,000 purchase from the "name your own price" program? I was thinking the special terms for "NYOP" purchases just meant you get 5% points/Cash Back on a NYOP purchase vs the regular 2%

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   Has anyone else had problems with payments not promptly making more credit available. I pad over $15,000 via their web site on the due date, to be taken from my bank account, and it was the next day, and their site showed the payment as having been made. Since the payment was via ACH, there was not the concern about a bad check that could have existed with a paper check.

However, my available credit did not reflect this for several days, preventing me from making a large purchase using it.

I have heard of cards placing hold on incoming money when there was a lot of activity and payments before the due date, but there was no attempt here to spend morel than the credit limit, and the payment came in after a month when only about $250 had been accrued (the sum owed was from the previous month). I presume this was a temporary glitch, but I wonder if it is likely to happen again, or likely enough so I should pay the bill before it is due.

Their payment system does lag. I really dont trust them with the rewards points. Few weeks ago, my $5k purchase points just vanished. I been using fidelity AMEX since then. Really fia is way better.

rated:
I just applied and was not instantly approved, which is really odd, as I have never been denied or held up with a credit card before. I recently applied for/received one other card (Sallie Mae) as I'm looking to revamp what cc's I use on a day to day basis.

Is there a number to call to push this through? I looked for one on the first page and didn't see any. I don't like waiting.

rated:
Anyone else do the BT and have trouble getting the 1% (max 2500 pts) rewards bonus?

rated:
LurkerDan said:   I just applied and was not instantly approved, which is really odd, as I have never been denied or held up with a credit card before. I recently applied for/received one other card (Sallie Mae) as I'm looking to revamp what cc's I use on a day to day basis.
Is there a number to call to push this through? I looked for one on the first page and didn't see any. I don't like waiting.

Here is an answer from earlier posts. The link and phone number is still active. Good luck.
NewFarmBoy said:   guardian44 said:   Experience so far could be better. Applied last Sunday with promise of instant decision. Instead got a "no decision". OK It was a Sunday. But now it's Thursday late and still I have no decision.I applied in Nov. (2011) and got a message: They need more time for decision about the application at the end of the online application.
Checked the status at the application site by Barclay:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/checkstatus.do?default_...
Figured out that a letter with the denied application was prepared. I could download the pdf of it. Used the recommended Barclay backdoor number 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst) Mo-Fr 8am-5pm EST - and it was really working like a charm: After only 12 min. I got approved with $ 7,500 credit limit.
So, check your application status and - if you are denied - don't hesitate to give it a chance at the backdoor number.

rated:
Does anyone have a CL higher than $25k? I just used their online CL request and it bumped me up to $25k (from $22k) but I asked for $30k.

rated:
Is it just me, or does the new rewards redemption not offer partial redemptions anymore?

I have 2,506 points, and can't redeem it on anything, not even a $75 charge. Before, it would let me do a partial redemption for $25.

rated:
I've only been able to do complete redemption on the Priceline card. NFL card allowed partial redemptions on purchases.

rated:
hpack said:   I've only been able to do complete redemption on the Priceline card. NFL card allowed partial redemptions on purchases.

Maybe I'm confusing the two. Thanks.

rated:
Hmm.. Looks like no new 2% link.

rated:
MADWAD said:   Hmm.. Looks like no new 2% link.The application form for the Priceline Visa Card with 2% / 5% points is still open: Application Form. Please verify the Terms and Conditions to ensure that the application is for the card you want.

rated:
Perfect. Thank you!

rated:
NewFarmBoy said:   MADWAD said:   Hmm.. Looks like no new 2% link.The application form for the Priceline Visa Card with 2% / 5% points is still open: Application Form. Please verify the Terms and Conditions to ensure that the application is for the card you want.

Thank You. Every other 2% link to this card resulted in a 1% offer. The terms + conditions state 2 points/dollar. I just applied, and was surprised I did not get an instant decision, despite excellent credit and a sizable Barclay's savings and CD account.

rated:
Let see how longer this card will live .I will be off garden Nov ,May is dead already

rated:
CHECK APPLICATION STATUS

Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

I guess I will call the reconsider line after Memorial Day and plead my case. What do I say?

rated:
NewFarmBoy said:   MADWAD said:   Hmm.. Looks like no new 2% link.The application form for the Priceline Visa Card with 2% / 5% points is still open: Application Form. Please verify the Terms and Conditions to ensure that the application is for the card you want.
Yeah, it looked like it was still available on Friday, so I applied but wasn't instantly approved. When I checked the status of my application, I got the same message as cashbackcardsonly. "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you." The credit analyst I spoke to a little while ago said that my application was declined without a pull because the offer is no longer available. I can't find any other 2% links. Oh well.

rated:
MissCrabette said:   NewFarmBoy said:   MADWAD said:   Hmm.. Looks like no new 2% link.The application form for the Priceline Visa Card with 2% / 5% points is still open: Application Form. Please verify the Terms and Conditions to ensure that the application is for the card you want.
Yeah, it looked like it was still available on Friday, so I applied but wasn't instantly approved. When I checked the status of my application, I got the same message as cashbackcardsonly. "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you." The credit analyst I spoke to a little while ago said that my application was declined without a pull because the offer is no longer available. I can't find any other 2% links. Oh well.

I guess I won't bother calling then. How can any link lead you to 2% when the offer no longer exists? Crapital 1.5% will have to do unfortunately.

rated:
That bites! At least I know why I was turned down. Can't be bothered with a brokerage 2% card, Is there any other 2% cards in existence?

rated:
fenygirl said:   Let see how longer this card will live .I will be off garden Nov ,May is dead already

I see you got your answer

rated:
What's wrong with a brokerage card? It works wonderfully. The only problem is that a couple of places don't take AMEX, which is why I was trying to fill that gap with this Priceline card.

There is the Barclay Arrival. It has an $89 annual fee, but it's waived during the first year.

rated:
cashbackcardsonly said:   That bites! At least I know why I was turned down. Can't be bothered with a brokerage 2% card, Is there any other 2% cards in existence?

The Citi Thank You Premier and Prestige cards are effectively 2.67% Cash Back cards if you fly a lot:

- 1 Thank You Point (TYP) for every dollar you spend
- 1 Flight Point (FP) for every mile flown using tickets purchased with the card; 1 FP gets converted into a TYP for each TYP you earn by spending
- 33% bonus TYP redemption on airfare (1 TYP = $0.0133), and tickets can be purchased with a combination of TYPs and cash so you don't have to have enough TYPs to cover the whole ticket

Also the Premier card gives 1.2 TYPs for supermarkets, gas stations, drugstores, commuter transportation and parking merchants, for an effective 3.2% max for those categories (1.2 TYPs + 1.2 FPs + 33% bonus), and the Prestige card gives 2 TYPs for dining, for an effective 5.33% max.

rated:
SO ,the 2% Priceline is gone ??????

rated:
May not be gone (yet) for existing users, but it appears the only working link to the 2% deal, will get you the following message:

"Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

I had the HSBC 2% card for years, which is going away in July, I don't want a Fidelity AMEX Card, and I'm not a frequent flyer. I guess I'm stuck with Cap One's 1 1/2% card for purchases over $30.

rated:
cashbackcardsonly said:   May not be gone (yet) for existing users, but it appears the only working link to the 2% deal, will get you the following message:

"Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

I had the HSBC 2% card for years, which is going away in July, I don't want a Fidelity AMEX Card, and I'm not a frequent flyer. I guess I'm stuck with Cap One's 1 1/2% card for purchases over $30.

Well.Is still for existing user ,But there is no chance for who wants to applying this card

rated:
At lease .I can deleted this card form my want list

rated:
Guess a lot people will get upset !

rated:
Good thing you split that into 3 posts.

rated:
sorry,my bad

rated:
sackland87 said:   Good thing you split that into 3 posts.I'm still trying to figure out what's going on in this thread with these two.

rated:
This has been my primary daily usage card for almost the past 2 years. Really hope nothing happens to it for existing cardholders.

rated:
I am so sad. Why I always miss the card I want to apply soon in my want list ....such as this Priceline and freedom mastercard...

No chance for this card?

rated:
fenygirl said:   Guess a lot people will get upset !
Can you fax your special pics to Barclays ?

rated:
bbr said:   Does anyone have a CL higher than $25k? I just used their online CL request and it bumped me up to $25k (from $22k) but I asked for $30k.

Yep, my limit is over 25K. I don't believe there is any real cap limit on Barlcay's cards.

rated:
fenygirl said: Guess a lot people will get upset !

xoneinax said: Can you fax your special pics to Barclays ?

Will you also fax them to me as well? Please!!!

This way I can add it as my picture to the 2% Capital One Venture Card. Thanks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.