QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

New priceline visa - with 2% rewards on purchases / 5% rewards on "Name your own price"

Reply
41 of 55
+5
DavidScubadiver
5/29/13 1:13 PM
This card is worth it just for the William Shatner logo. I get a lot of laughs whenever I use it. And with laughter being the best medicine, I save lots of money on medical bills. The 2% is icing on the cake, and I hope it stays for a very long time.

I use only 2 other cards -- Blue Cash Preferred for my groceries and anyplace else that only takes AMEX, and PenFed Cash Rewards for gasoline (this card stays in my glove compartment and comes in handy when I forget my wallet but am out driving without a license).
+9
bobfather
5/29/13 2:05 PM
Just an FYI to anyone that wants this card: It's officially dead, Jim.

I applied about a week ago using the link posted. The terms and conditions indicated 2%, but the card was not instantly approved. I called their reconsideration line and was told that the card was not approved because the offer was discontinued. The credit analyst then told me to reapply for the new card (with only 1% CashBack).

Those of you with the 2% card currently, I HOPE your card maintains the 2% benefit for forever, but I wouldn't bet on it, personally.
+1
talonesi
5/29/13 2:16 PM
It sounds like it is time to pickup a backup 2% card.
0
cashbackcardsonly
5/30/13 5:44 AM
talonesi said:   

It sounds like it is time to pickup a backup 2% card.



Please let us know if you find one. It appears other than Fidelity's AMEX card, there are none.
0
dataadmin
5/30/13 7:36 AM
FNBO has a 2% Visa card. But, it's only for one year...

Link
0
phototristan
5/30/13 10:52 AM
BTW, the Priceline card is really bad with disputes. They are wanting to side with the merchant with a dispute I currently have for an item received that was defective!

I'm seriously considering stopping using this card and for sure will stop if the 2% goes away.

AMEX is just so much better with disputes and over all customer support.
+1
LurkerDan
5/30/13 1:12 PM
Heh, I just got this card to start getting 2% instead of the 1% I was getting. And I got in on the 2% deal, hope it stays and I'm grandfathered in under the wire!
0
clemente21
5/30/13 1:18 PM
bobfather said:   

Those of you with the 2% card currently, I HOPE your card maintains the 2% benefit for forever, but I wouldn't bet on it, personally.

I hope so too, but if it goes to 1% soon, I'll probably apply for their US Airways card for the bonus miles before US gets absorbed into American, and move my credit limit over.
0
phototristan
5/30/13 1:25 PM
clemente21 said:   

bobfather said:   

Those of you with the 2% card currently, I HOPE your card maintains the 2% benefit for forever, but I wouldn't bet on it, personally.

I hope so too, but if it goes to 1% soon, I'll probably apply for their US Airways card for the bonus miles before US gets absorbed into American, and move my credit limit over.



There's also a Capitol One Cash Rewards card that gives 1% and then another .5% annually so that may be another option.
0
ProfessorEd
5/30/13 4:18 PM
cashbackcardsonly said:   

talonesi said:   

It sounds like it is time to pickup a backup 2% card.



Please let us know if you find one. It appears other than Fidelity's AMEX card, there are none.



If it is still available the BOA Travel Rewards Privileges Card is a little better than 2%. See the thread on it.
Reply
41 of 55
Please select a reason for your RED vote:







You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
Loading...