• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
tulsastorm said:   TonySpero said:   Is the offer dead? I applied here: http://www.priceline.com/promo/priceline_rewards_card.asp received my card on June 7th.

You are likely receiving only 1% Cash Back (1 point per $1 on non-Priceline.com purchases) which is detailed on the next page after you click the "choose your card" link.

I only just bothered to look at this new card. This is now at least the fourth card version Barclay\Juniper\Priceline has started.

This version offers 5% on more than just NYOP including retail airfare (whoa!) and prepaid (non-NYOP or express) hotels also count.. I think this card is better than my AF card (please chime in if you have an opinion).

Also, if an airfare purchase is allowed to qualify as a discounted reward, then this is a major deal. The 1% is useless, I am referring to this card as a Priceline OTA travel card.

Rasheed

rated:
rasheedb said:   tulsastorm said:   TonySpero said:   Is the offer dead? I applied here: http://www.priceline.com/promo/priceline_rewards_card.asp received my card on June 7th.

You are likely receiving only 1% Cash Back (1 point per $1 on non-Priceline.com purchases) which is detailed on the next page after you click the "choose your card" link.

I only just bothered to look at this new card. This is now at least the fourth card version BarclayJuniperPriceline has started.

This version offers 5% on more than just NYOP including retail airfare (whoa!) and prepaid (non-NYOP or express) hotels also count.. I think this card is better than my AF card (please chime in if you have an opinion).

Also, if an airfare purchase is allowed to qualify as a discounted reward, then this is a major deal. The 1% is useless, I am referring to this card as a Priceline OTA travel card.

Rasheed

I think you're right. Here's the detail:

Cardmember(s) earn "Points" in the following amounts based upon the types of purchase transactions charged to the Account: a) Earn five (5) points for every dollar spent on all eligible purchases made at Priceline.com®. Purchases not eligible will receive one point for every dollar spent using your card which includes: cruise bookings, non-Name Your Own Price® car reservations, and hotel reservations designated as Pay When You StaySM. b) Earn one (1) point for every dollar spent on all other transactions. The following transactions are excluded from "Purchases" and do not earn Rewards unless stated: interest, finance charges, balance transfers, convenience checks, cash advances and credit fees. Restrictions apply. Please see the Terms and Conditions for more information.

It does sound like you get 5% back on airfare purchases made via Priceline.com

rated:
Seems so, I have the Priceline AF card as well (3% on non-NYOP Priceline.com purchases) that has not been available for a year or more. There is still even language about the AF card option on the Priceline.com.

Rasheed if its not available, why should we look for it?

rated:
barrytuneup said:   

Rasheed if its not available, why should we look for it?

The context of my reply was on how Barclay does not appear to change card rewards even when the card is no longer available to new applicants.

Rasheed

rated:
tulsastorm said:   

2%

rated:
Is NYOP redemption data point still needed? Here is mine just now:

REDEMPTION AMOUNT POINTS TO REDEEM
$422.24 32,481

rated:
Anyone know when they post transactions online for this card? Is there a certain time of the day they are posted to the website or something?

rated:
Would be good to know if the new card is essentially a 5% off airlines and hotels card.

rated:
I received my statement and noticed the change - they caught up and stopped awarding the points for certain prepaid Visa products...

rated:
neophyte said:   I received my statement and noticed the change - they caught up and stopped awarding the points for certain prepaid Visa products...

What do you mean by that? Does the purchase of GC not receive 2%? This is a huge deal...

rated:
neophyte said:   I received my statement and noticed the change - they caught up and stopped awarding the points for certain prepaid Visa products...

Please give more detail.

Thanks

rated:
All right: I received my statement and noticed the change - they caught up and stopped awarding the points for loading online certain prepaid Visa products.

It's much harder to block retail transactions

rated:
Where can I load $500+ online?

rated:
Thanks. We should still be good from drugstores. They don't have the ability to see exactly what we buy from there. Plus, I still getting 2% ($20) off them monthly via Amazon payments.

rated:
Just out of curiosity, what do you get for buying a gift card with this card that you don't get for buying "stuff"?

rated:
DavidScubadiver said:   Just out of curiosity, what do you get for buying a gift card with this card that you don't get for buying "stuff"?

What if you don't use the gift card to buy "stuff"?

rated:
I guess that is my question - if you don't use the gift card, you just paid for something you can't use. And if you return it, don't you lose the reward?

rated:
DavidScubadiver said:   I guess that is my question - if you don't use the gift card, you just paid for something you can't use. And if you return it, don't you lose the reward?

You use the gift card, you just don't buy stuff with it.

rated:
I had unauthorized charges on my Priceline Visa and Barclay's had to send me a card with a new number. Get this-they charge $29. for the replacement card if you want it expedited! Otherwise, it's 10 business days.

Barclay's has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any credit card. They are just as bad, if not worse than Bank of America and FIA Card Services.

rated:
I need an assist. Please answer my question (below) if you know the answer. Here is the situation:

As I posted earlier (not a lot earlier, fairly recently) in this thread, I decided to cease use of my Priceline card after having charged to the card heavily for many, many months. I cashed out my points and simply went cold turkey on the card, switching over to my Bank of America 1-2-3 card.

Today I unexpectedly received (and accepted) an offer from Priceline (i.e., Barclays) for an additional 5% reward at grocery stores and at drug stores. The special reward is time limited and it expires at the end of September.

Has anyone else received this deal? Am I correct that the additional 5% reward is on top of my existing 2% reward, making for a total reward of 7%?? Reading the offer, that's how it seems to me. Does anyone have experience with this?? A 7% reward, with grocery stores in the mix especially, seems almost too good to be true.

I should add that the offer is good up to a max of 2,500 bonus points only for the three months. So it's not as good as it sounds at first.

rated:
I don't know about the Priceline card, but my Barclays NFL cards receive similar quarterly offers. The terms of those offers clearly that the 5x rewards are BONUS points in addition to the base rewards (1x for the NFL cards). If your offer is worded similarly, you are right that it is a 7% reward.

Have fun buying one GC and enjoy your extra $25.

rated:
shinobi1 said:   I need an assist. Please answer my question (below) if you know the answer. Here is the situation:

As I posted earlier (not a lot earlier, fairly recently) in this thread, I decided to cease use of my Priceline card after having charged to the card heavily for many, many months. I cashed out my points and simply went cold turkey on the card, switching over to my Bank of America 1-2-3 card.

Today I unexpectedly received (and accepted) an offer from Priceline (i.e., Barclays) for an additional 5% reward at grocery stores and at drug stores. The special reward is time limited and it expires at the end of September.

Has anyone else received this deal? Am I correct that the additional 5% reward is on top of my existing 2% reward, making for a total reward of 7%?? Reading the offer, that's how it seems to me. Does anyone have experience with this?? A 7% reward, with grocery stores in the mix especially, seems almost too good to be true.

I should add that the offer is good up to a max of 2,500 bonus points only for the three months. So it's not as good as it sounds at first.

Email from Priceline VISA:

"Use your Priceline rewards Visa Card July 1 through September 30, 2013 and earn 5 bonus points for every $1 you spend—up to 2,500 bonus points—on purchases you make every day in the following categories¹:

• Grocery store purchases
Drugstore purchases
• Electronics store purchases

Best of all, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card
every day.
You must activate this offer by August 1, 2013 to receive bonus points!"

I would call Barclay if you have questions regarding this offer.

rated:
I'm not so lucky.
Q For those who got that offer: How actively you used the card recently?

rated:
I just got a similar offer but for my Citi Thank You rewards card, not this one.

rated:
Got the Citi offer too, did not get this offer, I guess it's because I use the card everyday, I like how the points are shown and ready to use as soon as the transaction is posted, haven't seen another card that does that, hopefully the 2% is here to stay.

rated:
Because I wanted to also have the new 5% travel card version being offered, I did reach out for help from Priceline after Barclay would not open another card from the same partner. I was able to get the travel card (well, I will know for sure if the reward program is indeed as stated on the current offer after I test it out).

Anyway, I got someone from a senior office at Barclay who was able to help me navigate an issue when others at the bank were telling me no.

Rasheed

rated:
brawa said:   I don't know about the Priceline card, but my Barclays NFL cards receive similar quarterly offers. The terms of those offers clearly that the 5x rewards are BONUS points in addition to the base rewards (1x for the NFL cards). If your offer is worded similarly, you are right that it is a 7% reward.

Have fun buying one GC and enjoy your extra $25.

Thanks. And, yeah, you're right about the ceiling. It sucks. But I'm gonna take this deal anyway.

I'm darn near out of supermarket GCs from my buys last year, all at 5% and 10% reward. I was really sorry to finally have spent my way through all those cards, about eight or nine of them. Being able to extend a little longer at 7% is not a big deal . . . . but $25 free money is $25 free money. I'm not gonna turn it down.

rated:
I have no other Barclay's cards and this one has a mid 2014 experation...When I log in it says "Activate your account
To start using your card, please activate your account right away. Activate now." Wonder what that's all about?

rated:
Usually means a new credit card was sent.

Rasheed

rated:
NutsAboutGolf said:   I have no other Barclay's cards and this one has a mid 2014 experation...When I log in it says "Activate your account
To start using your card, please activate your account right away. Activate now." Wonder what that's all about?

Do you have a Bank of America RCI Elite Rewards Card?

rated:
TonySpero said:   NutsAboutGolf said:   I have no other Barclay's cards and this one has a mid 2014 experation...When I log in it says "Activate your account

Do you have a Bank of America RCI Elite Rewards Card?

No.

Received my new card yesterday, same exact card, same expiration, different #. They claim it was a security breach.

rated:
neophyte said:   All right: I received my statement and noticed the change - they caught up and stopped awarding the points for loading online certain prepaid Visa products.

It's much harder to block retail transactions
Update - maybe it was all time glitch, on my recent statement I received full 2% CB on my non-NYOP transactions.

I did run multiple NYOPs, but I doubt that made the difference

rated:
FYI, I just received this bonus offer in my e-mail:
Use your Priceline rewards Visa Card October 1 through December 31, 2013 and earn 5 bonus points for every $1 you spend—up to 2,500 bonus points—on purchases you make every day in the following categories¹:

• Gas Station purchases
• Restaurant purchases (including fast food)
• Department, Toy or Game store purchases

Best of all, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card every day. You must activate this offer by October 20, 2013 to earn your bonus points!

¹ This bonus offer is for select Priceline rewards Visa Card cardmembers and is not transferable. Qualified cardmembers who activate by October 20, 2013, will earn 5 bonus points for every one dollar ($1) in new purchase(s) at gas stations, restaurants, fast food restaurants, department stores, toy stores and game stores (that are not later returned or rescinded) that post to their account between October 1, 2013, and December 31, 2013, up to a maximum of 2,500 bonus points. Eligible gas station, restaurant, fast food restaurant, department store, toy store, and game store purchases are defined by merchant category codes. Each merchant designates a category code to assign to purchases at its establishment. Although most gas station, restaurant, fast food restaurant, department store, toy store, and game store purchases will use merchant category codes selected for this offer, it is possible that some gas station, restaurant, fast food restaurant, department store, toy store, and game store companies have designated a merchant category code that is not classified as a gas station, restaurant, fast food restaurant, department store, toy store, and game store company and therefore any purchases made will not qualify for the points. To be eligible for this offer, the cardmember's account must be open and in good standing and they must have activated this promotion by October 20, 2013. Purchases made during periods when the cardmember's account is delinquent, their balance exceeds their credit line or their account is otherwise not in good standing do not qualify for this offer. The bonus points will appear on the cardmember's statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.

rated:
its a barclays thing. they are also doing it for football cards

rated:
Do current members get to keep the 2% on everything?

I don't have this card but I'm curious how they handle reward changes.

rated:
blaze03 said:   Do current members get to keep the 2% on everything?

I don't have this card but I'm curious how they handle reward changes.

So far, there's been no changes for existing card members; still getting 2%.

rated:
I got the email yesterday, but quite confusing. It said I will get 2 points per $ on the cats /listed (gas/fast food/ rest/ department stores) I am already getting 2% on this card. I emailed them and got a response that I expected, even more confusing. it said I will get 2 points in addition to the 2 points I get now, and that they signed me up. Also the points "will be turned over to my Upromise acct" !!. I emailed them back 10 minutes ago. asked 1) What is Upromise since I never used it and 2) I get 4 points per $1? I already get 5 points on these cats with other cards.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   I got the email yesterday, but quite confusing. It said I will get 2 points per $ on the cats /listed (gas/fast food/ rest/ department stores) I am already getting 2% on this card. I emailed them and got a response that I expected, even more confusing. it said I will get 2 points in addition to the 2 points I get now, and that they signed me up. Also the points "will be turned over to my Upromise acct" !!. I emailed them back 10 minutes ago. asked 1) What is Upromise since I never used it and 2) I get 4 points per $1? I already get 5 points on these cats with other cards.
  "Best of all, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card every day."
You'll earn 4 points (2 points regular + 2 points bonus) per $1 spending in those categories beginning Oct. 1...up to $1250 (2500/2) in spending.  I think the Barclay's rep is confused.

rated:
Can someone confirm that you get 5% on air ticket purchases? Can you redeem the points you get as account credit for that same purchase in the upcoming billing cycle?

rated:
I thought it's only 5pts on NYP purchases. I'm talking about the old 2% CashBack card.

eta: Looks like the new 1% card has 5pts on Priceline.com airline ticket purchases. Pretty cool. Didn't know that. My old 2% card definitely doesn't have that. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.