• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
freeka said:   Can someone confirm that you get 5% on air ticket purchases? Can you redeem the points you get as account credit for that same purchase in the upcoming billing cycle?
  Actually I am asking about the latest iteration of Priceline Visa which is 5x on Priceline purchases.

rated:
They have built the reward program wrong for the new card and refuse to give 5 pts per dollar on eligible Priceline purchases and are giving 5 pts only on nyop. I can't get Barclay or Priceline to fix it even though their card system can support it with my experience on the old annual fee card.

So don't get this card if you are expecting 5 pt per dollar on retail air purchases. It is a mismatch between the application and the actual benefits.

Rasheed

rated:
phototristan said:   I had unauthorized charges on my Priceline Visa and Barclay's had to send me a card with a new number. Get this-they charge $29. for the replacement card if you want it expedited! Otherwise, it's 10 business days.

Barclay's has some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any credit card. They are just as bad, if not worse than Bank of America and FIA Card Services.

The 2% is what makes this card great. BARCLAYS is the absolute WORST customer service. Trust me I deal with everyone. When I called they said they would overnight a card. It did not come so a second call did the trick. No cost to me by the way. However they are the worst. They reps often are fumbling around and seem to have all sorts of issues. They know their service stinks also.

rated:
Just checked my online statement, (it keeps a running total of points updated within 3 days)still only getting 2%, (no 4% which rep signed me up for)so I needed to charge 24.00 to get to my threshold to redeem for 25.00 credit. This card stinks, Also the charges drop off after about 24 days, so if you plan on getting credit on a charge, you have to be fast. I'm working on a 25.00 diner charge from 15 days ago. As soon as my last $24.00 goes thru, I'm done with this card. Will have 2 points left over. I already switched to my Cap Spark Business (2%) and no games. First year free but I'll negotiate the fee in March!!

rated:
I read through the last five pages but didn't see any one else pointing this out.

Apparently this card does not offer nearly any of the benefits that pretty much all other Visa cards offer. I went to use the Visa Warranty Manager service for a product that failed and apparently it is specifically not offered on this card, which I found kind of weird since it is included even on debit cards I have. Well shrug, time to move my spend back to the Fidelity Amex.

rated:
iNFEKT said:   I read through the last five pages but didn't see any one else pointing this out.

Apparently this card does not offer nearly any of the benefits that pretty much all other Visa cards offer. I went to use the Visa Warranty Manager service for a product that failed and apparently it is specifically not offered on this card, which I found kind of weird since it is included even on debit cards I have. Well shrug, time to move my spend back to the Fidelity Amex.

Mine is a Visa Signature so I do have those benefits. 

rated:
Noted in passing:

1.  Some weeks ago, on this thread, there was talk about the possibility of us losing the 2% across-the-board rebate.

2.  Only in the last few days I'm seeing, on TV, ads for the new Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card with across-the-board 1.5% Cash Back.

I'm seeing high visibility Quicksilver as bolstering our 2% reward by reducing the gap between our reward and the next highest heavily advertised reward, which prior was only 1%.  It would have been better if Quicksilver had come out at 2%, but 1.5% is better than 1% and 1.5% provides a measure of competition for Priceline.

rated:
Even better if Quicksilver boosted it to 3% ;0)

rated:
Good to know. I definitely don't have signature, but I have platinum everywhere else. It seems like they didn't choose to go that route with this card. Either way another negative for me at least.

rated:
No big deal really, if they get rid of the 2%, I'll switch over to the Fidelity AMEX.

The only real benefit to this card is that Visa is accepted more widely.

rated:
So I am looking into getting this card on the new version. Anyone here have it (i.e. 5% on all Priceline purchases)?. I use Priceline for the majority of my travel so a guaranteed 5% for all travel (minus cruises) would be great!

rated:
Very good CashBack card (best ive ever had 2% on everything, obviously i use my discover for 5% if something qualifies etc)
Customer service is decent.

Only problem with this card is that they sometimes dont let large transactions go through. So i sometimes just use my amex if I cant afford for any processing delay. Ive just been accepted to amex fidelity 2% so going to switch all my spending to that card.

Overall over time the 2% got me alot of CashBack. Definitely recommend this card if you value CashBack more than any other factor. Everyone can hate on this card but if saving money is what youre after ignore the people who enjoy whining.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   So I am looking into getting this card on the new version. Anyone here have it (i.e. 5% on all Priceline purchases)?. I use Priceline for the majority of my travel so a guaranteed 5% for all travel (minus cruises) would be great!

I answered this question earlier, but they refuse to give 5% on all Priceline purchases (new version). Sorry.

Rasheed

rated:
rasheedb said:   
cdancer20 said:   So I am looking into getting this card on the new version. Anyone here have it (i.e. 5% on all Priceline purchases)?. I use Priceline for the majority of my travel so a guaranteed 5% for all travel (minus cruises) would be great!

I answered this question earlier, but they refuse to give 5% on all Priceline purchases (new version). Sorry.

Rasheed

So from what I read, you say that they don't give 5 pts for retail airline?  And they refuse to fix it even though on their website it only mentions excluding " cruise bookings, non-Name Your Own Price® car reservations, and hotel reservations designated as Pay When You StaySM. "

rated:
I even emailed the customer service regarding this and they confirmed that regular bookings are not eligible for 5% contrary to what they mention on the website.

rated:
Hmmm...well that makes this card a slight bit less attractive. However, I do still make a lot of hotel reservations on here and car rentals from time to time. I guess something to think about.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
So from what I read, you say that they don't give 5 pts for retail airline?  And they refuse to fix it even though on their website it only mentions excluding " cruise bookings, non-Name Your Own Price® car reservations, and hotel reservations designated as Pay When You StaySM. "

Yes and Yes. The excuse is that Barclay can't do this properly. However, I have some specific ways to show them it is indeed possible and can be done (I showed it directly on their computer screens to Office of the President at Barclay on how it could be tracked as it is done on the old AF product). Let's put it this way, Barclay does not want to offer the 5x points.

I am specifically mad with Priceline and have asked them to get me in touch with the folks who create these plans on the Priceline side in that they might be able to get in touch with a counter part at Barclay who can FIX the points structure tool. Priceline is not interested and continues to advertise falsely on the application. At their current stock price, they don't care. At their lower stock price, they didn't care either.

This might be a good item to report CFFB, but I don't want to mess with my separate 2x on everything card either. I don't think the CFFB cares either. I can't believe there are not more people mad about this or who applied expecting 5x on some non-NYOP purchases (specifically retail air).

Rasheed

rated:
What about 5x for retail hotels?

rated:
cdancer20 said:   What about 5x for retail hotels?

No. Only NYOP is given any bonus.

Rasheed

rated:
awesome1000 said:   Very good CashBack card (best ive ever had 2% on everything, obviously i use my discover for 5% if something qualifies etc)
Customer service is decent.

Only problem with this card is that they sometimes dont let large transactions go through. So i sometimes just use my amex if I cant afford for any processing delay. Ive just been accepted to amex fidelity 2% so going to switch all my spending to that card.

Overall over time the 2% got me alot of CashBack. Definitely recommend this card if you value CashBack more than any other factor. Everyone can hate on this card but if saving money is what youre after ignore the people who enjoy whining.

Thank you for a good post and green.  But could you possibly put a finer point on your use of the word "large"?  What are we talking about here?  Does "large" mean $5K?  $10K?  $50K?  More?

About the largest single charge I've ever made to my own card is circa $5K, a bit more perhaps.  Was I on thin ice?  How large is "large"?  

rated:
Has anyone successfully lowed their cash advance limit to 0 or low amount with this card. CSR is stating "In order to decrease cash advance amount, your credit line will be decreased. Please respond to this message with your desired credit limit to lower the cash advance line."

rated:
I funded a Chase bank account using the Priceline card and go hit a cash advance fee.   I guess we should add Barclays to Citi for issuers not to use when funding an account.  CSR was able to credit the fee for me but still not happy.  Couldn't reduce my cash advance line to $0 either according to the rep.

rated:
You guys getting hit with CA fees... do they charge it right away or when the statement closes?

rated:
The same time as the transaction.   My statement doesn't close until 2/23. 

rated:
oumazdamx6 said:   I funded a Chase bank account using the Priceline card and go hit a cash advance fee.   I guess we should add Barclays to Citi for issuers not to use when funding an account.  CSR was able to credit the fee for me but still not happy.  Couldn't reduce my cash advance line to $0 either according to the rep.
  The rep told you partially wrong.  You can't lower to 0 but you can lower to $1.  I have successfully lowered Sallie Mae Mastercard and Barclay Arrival.  However you have to speak to the right person.  the first CSR that I spoke to also didn't know what I meant.  You have to ask for the "credit" department or something like that.  I forget.

rated:
Has anyone had their card expire and get a new card mailed to them? Mine expires in 3 months and I worry that might be when they kill the 2% bonus...

rated:
What are some of the creative ways to have a better redemption rate for the point on the card? I'm having a ton of points on the account and don't want to redeem for 2%. But I don't have much use for NYOP either as I don't travel that much. Anyone have a suggestion for me? Thanks.

rated:
Only way is to use it for NYOP purchases. 2% is really pretty good so not sure why you don't like that.

rated:
Well, 2% is good. 3% is even better. I'm just thinking about the opportunity cost if I have to redeem for 2%...

rated:
Footzilla said:   Has anyone had their card expire and get a new card mailed to them? Mine expires in 3 months and I worry that might be when they kill the 2% bonus...
Just got my replacement cards for ones that were expiring 04/14. Same account numbers, new expiration date and new CVV codes. Called the number on the sticker to activate, logged in online and my rewards details still shows:

Year-round benefits: 

• Earn 5 points for every $1 you spend on Name Your Own Price® purchases
  • Earn 2 points for every $1 you spend everywhere else
  • Redeem points to pay for anything you buy with your card (minimum $25 purchase required)
  • Enjoy additional card benefits – 

rated:
Pretty sure it doesn't have to be NYOP to get the better redemption rate on the transaction, but it does have to be from Priceline. Definitely "Express deals" work, I literally just redeemed some on that and got the higher rate. Also got 5% points on them in the first place.

rated:
jcaserta said:   Pretty sure it doesn't have to be NYOP to get the better redemption rate on the transaction, but it does have to be from Priceline. Definitely "Express deals" work, I literally just redeemed some on that and got the higher rate. Also got 5% points on them in the first place.
  Wow. Great info. Thanks.

rated:
Anyone else having trouble redeeming points for Priceline purchases (or any purchase?). I have submitted it 3 times and it says it completes but the charge is never removed and my points are never deducted. I happen to be carrying a balance on this card from a 0% offer. Could that be the issue?

rated:
It must be, I've never had a problem redeeming, it goes through in 1-2 days, contact them, see what they say..

rated:
Is there a link for 2x points on general purchases for the Priceline card? I just checked their site and it shows 5x for Priceline purchases but 1x on everything else. Looking for a 2% cash card. Or, a card for everyday purchases that redeems for travel at 3% or higher. Thanks!

rated:
You can no longer apply for the 2% card. Look into the FIA 2% Amex.

rated:
FIA Amex is nice, but I need a MC/Visa to go along with.

Is Quicksilver, perhaps paired with Chase Freedom for the 5% categories the best then? That 1.5%/5% will average out to 2-3% for most people. Even though I wouldn't mind airline miles as a reward, I can't do any better than 2% on a airline rewards card afaik (I'm speaking of general purchases earning rewards towards airline tickets).

Then I'm not as locked in and can take that Cash Back and buy any airline ticket I want, or do something else with the money.

rated:
bxd20 said:   FIA Amex is nice, but I need a MC/Visa to go along with.

Is Quicksilver, perhaps paired with Chase Freedom for the 5% categories the best then? That 1.5%/5% will average out to 2-3% for most people. Even though I wouldn't mind airline miles as a reward, I can't do any better than 2% on a airline rewards card afaik (I'm speaking of general purchases earning rewards towards airline tickets).

Then I'm not as locked in and can take that Cash Back and buy any airline ticket I want, or do something else with the money.

I have the Priceline 2% card.  If it's gone for new applicants, or if mine ever were cancelled, I'd go over to Quicksilver.

However

I also have the Freedom card and find it all but worthless, at least right now.  The 5% categories are not what once they were.  If they ever go back to offering 5% on groceries, for example, I'll be singing a different tune.  But right now (or at least during the first quarter of 2014) it was my Priceline card offering me 7% (2% + 5%) on my first $500 worth of groceries during that quarter.  That's not chopped liver, and that's not the first time Priceline offered me the 5% + 2% groceries deal!!

Bottom line:

If Priceline continues to make these 5%+ (it would be +1% for new applicants today) deals, then at least on groceries it's a better card than Freedom.  Like I said, I have both cards and

I'm not using my Freedom card at all.

rated:
Does the Priceline card offer rotating 5% categories EVERY quarter? I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the latest card's terms and conditions? https://pricelinevisa.com/ Maybe it's for old card holders only, or targeted promotion?

rated:
bxd20 said:   Does the Priceline card offer rotating 5% categories EVERY quarter? I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the latest card's terms and conditions? https://pricelinevisa.com/ Maybe it's for old card holders only, or targeted promotion?
  No, no rotating 5% categories, promos have been mentioned: 5% for groceries, I haven't received any promos, I use the card everyday, that may be why??

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.