• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I applied for a Capital One Cash Rewards Visa earlier this week, on Monday 10/3. Approved on the spot, and they said 7-10 business days before I'd get my card. No way to expedite. I called back to check today, and it turns out there's actually an extra 4-6 business days on the front end before they send the card out and the 7-10 day clock starts from there. CSR still says no way to expedite.

I'm leaving the country on 10/14 to travel, and I'm hoping there's some magic word or esclation I can try to actually speed this up. Or am I just screwed & stuck with my AMEX?

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

apranger said:   I applied for a Capital One Cash Rewards Visa earlier this week, on Monday 10/3. Approved on the spot, and they said 7-10 business days before I'd get my card. No way to expedite. I called back to check today, and it turns out there's actually an extra 4-6 business days on the front end before they send the card out and the 7-10 day clock starts from there. CSR still says no way to expedite.

I'm leaving the country on 10/14 to travel, and I'm hoping there's some magic word or esclation I can try to actually speed this up. Or am I just screwed & stuck with my AMEX?

You're trying to get the physical card. can you already access the account online maybe? Perhaps a CSR could give you the account number? I doubt it, and I'm not sure it would help anyway, just brainstorming.

If it helps, I think it took about a week to get mine after I was approved. The timeline is never as long as they say it is, in my experience.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014