• filter:
  • 119202122 23
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Received the following message from Sallie Mae this week regarding 2 bonus points per $1 on select categories (minus grocery), making this card 7% for my gas purchases.  Not sure if it was targeted.
my email: said: From October 1 through December 31, you'll earn bonus Reward Points when you use your Sallie Mae® MasterCard® for gas and dining purchases, as well as for purchases at department, toy and game stores. Just activate this offer by October 20, 2014, and you'll earn 2 bonus Reward Points for every $1 spent on qualified purchases that posts to your account, up to 2,500 bonus Reward Points.¹

 

rated:
I got that one as well.

rated:
Just got card. Since the 5% is essentially cash, it appears better for Amazon than Forward  for me. I redeem Thank you points for gift cards, and they are limited to stores I either have enough cards for already, or ones seldom shopped at.

While rewards on groceries are less than for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred, by using this for $250 per month, the $6,000 limit on 6% is less likely to be hit (I have hit it already due to large family and buying expensive foods). Since last purchase was over $300, it should not be hard to ask them to put $250 on card, and pay the rest in another way.

I notice the card for my spouse had a different number, but I presume all charges will show up on one bill.

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   Just got card. Since the 5% is essentially cash, it appears better for Amazon than Forward  for me. I redeem Thank you points for gift cards, and they are limited to stores I either have enough cards for already, or ones seldom shopped at.

While rewards on groceries are less than for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred, by using this for $250 per month, the $6,000 limit on 6% is less likely to be hit (I have hit it already due to large family and buying expensive foods). Since last purchase was over $300, it should not be hard to ask them to put $250 on card, and pay the rest in another way.

I notice the card for my spouse had a different number, but I presume all charges will show up on one bill.

Why doesn't your spouse get a card too?  $250*2 = $500 limit per month.  That is what my spouse and I did.

$6000 K limit on Amex Preferred is equal to 500/month.
If you and your spouse are able to hit 500/month on 2 different cards, SallieMae comes out way ahead considering the $75 annual fee associated with Amex.

Plus Sallie Mae gives:
5% back on groceries up to $250   
5% back on gas up to $250  (vs 3% on preferred)
5% back on bookstores up to $750. (vs 1% on preferred)

If you hit the max on each category you'd spend $1250 and get back $75 bucks in cash (or 5%).

rated:
howie888 said:   
ProfessorEd said:   Just got card. Since the 5% is essentially cash, it appears better for Amazon than Forward  for me. I redeem Thank you points for gift cards, and they are limited to stores I either have enough cards for already, or ones seldom shopped at.

While rewards on groceries are less than for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred, by using this for $250 per month, the $6,000 limit on 6% is less likely to be hit (I have hit it already due to large family and buying expensive foods). Since last purchase was over $300, it should not be hard to ask them to put $250 on card, and pay the rest in another way.

I notice the card for my spouse had a different number, but I presume all charges will show up on one bill.

Why doesn't your spouse get a card too?  $250*2 = $500 limit per month.  That is what my spouse and I did.

$6000 K limit on Amex Preferred is equal to 500/month.
If you and your spouse are able to hit 500/month on 2 different cards, SallieMae comes out way ahead considering the $75 annual fee associated with Amex.

Plus Sallie Mae gives:
5% back on groceries up to $250   
5% back on gas up to $250  (vs 3% on preferred)
5% back on bookstores up to $750. (vs 1% on preferred)

If you hit the max on each category you'd spend $1250 and get back $75 bucks in cash (or 5%).

  Sensible idea for many.

$500 per month gives $25 per month with two of these cards, or $300 per year. The Amex gives $360 per year at $6000 spending. The difference is $60, which is less than the $75 fee. However, spending varies month to month, and managing things so that you exactly hit $250 each month on each of the Sallie Mae cards is hard, especially for families where the spouse is less cooperative (hitting it precisely calls for careful budgeting, and checking previous spending before a grocery shopping trip)..

Since the Sallie Mae card gives 5% on gasoline (up to $250), and 5% on book store (Amazon), for many families this may be better, depending on spending patterns and what other cards the family holds etc. With better cards for gasoline (BOA Cash Rewards with Platinum Honors status) and ones almost as good for Amazon (Forward), it is close.

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   
howie888 said:   
ProfessorEd said:   Just got card. Since the 5% is essentially cash, it appears better for Amazon than Forward  for me. I redeem Thank you points for gift cards, and they are limited to stores I either have enough cards for already, or ones seldom shopped at.

While rewards on groceries are less than for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred, by using this for $250 per month, the $6,000 limit on 6% is less likely to be hit (I have hit it already due to large family and buying expensive foods). Since last purchase was over $300, it should not be hard to ask them to put $250 on card, and pay the rest in another way.

I notice the card for my spouse had a different number, but I presume all charges will show up on one bill.

Why doesn't your spouse get a card too?  $250*2 = $500 limit per month.  That is what my spouse and I did.

$6000 K limit on Amex Preferred is equal to 500/month.
If you and your spouse are able to hit 500/month on 2 different cards, SallieMae comes out way ahead considering the $75 annual fee associated with Amex.

Plus Sallie Mae gives:
5% back on groceries up to $250   
5% back on gas up to $250  (vs 3% on preferred)
5% back on bookstores up to $750. (vs 1% on preferred)

If you hit the max on each category you'd spend $1250 and get back $75 bucks in cash (or 5%).

  Sensible idea for many.

$500 per month gives $25 per month with two of these cards, or $300 per year. The Amex gives $360 per year at $6000 spending. The difference is $60, which is less than the $75 fee. However, spending varies month to month, and managing things so that you exactly hit $250 each month on each of the Sallie Mae cards is hard, especially for families where the spouse is less cooperative (hitting it precisely calls for careful budgeting, and checking previous spending before a grocery shopping trip)..

Since the Sallie Mae card gives 5% on gasoline (up to $250), and 5% on book store (Amazon), for many families this may be better, depending on spending patterns and what other cards the family holds etc. With better cards for gasoline (BOA Cash Rewards with Platinum Honors status) and ones almost as good for Amazon (Forward), it is close.

  I agree that it can become hard to keep track of how much you spend each month.  Sometimes I will buy store GCs to cover the remaining $250 amount for grocery so that if there is a month I need more, I have the gift card.  Also, a lot of families typically do $250+ in groceries regularly.  Most stores, especially the major ones, allow split payments.  Pay $250 on the SM and then the rest on your Amex BCP.  That way you know you are using the $250.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
ProfessorEd said:   
howie888 said:   
ProfessorEd said:   Just got card. Since the 5% is essentially cash, it appears better for Amazon than Forward  for me. I redeem Thank you points for gift cards, and they are limited to stores I either have enough cards for already, or ones seldom shopped at.

While rewards on groceries are less than for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred, by using this for $250 per month, the $6,000 limit on 6% is less likely to be hit (I have hit it already due to large family and buying expensive foods). Since last purchase was over $300, it should not be hard to ask them to put $250 on card, and pay the rest in another way.

I notice the card for my spouse had a different number, but I presume all charges will show up on one bill.

Why doesn't your spouse get a card too?  $250*2 = $500 limit per month.  That is what my spouse and I did.

$6000 K limit on Amex Preferred is equal to 500/month.
If you and your spouse are able to hit 500/month on 2 different cards, SallieMae comes out way ahead considering the $75 annual fee associated with Amex.

Plus Sallie Mae gives:
5% back on groceries up to $250   
5% back on gas up to $250  (vs 3% on preferred)
5% back on bookstores up to $750. (vs 1% on preferred)

If you hit the max on each category you'd spend $1250 and get back $75 bucks in cash (or 5%).

  Sensible idea for many.

$500 per month gives $25 per month with two of these cards, or $300 per year. The Amex gives $360 per year at $6000 spending. The difference is $60, which is less than the $75 fee. However, spending varies month to month, and managing things so that you exactly hit $250 each month on each of the Sallie Mae cards is hard, especially for families where the spouse is less cooperative (hitting it precisely calls for careful budgeting, and checking previous spending before a grocery shopping trip)..

Since the Sallie Mae card gives 5% on gasoline (up to $250), and 5% on book store (Amazon), for many families this may be better, depending on spending patterns and what other cards the family holds etc. With better cards for gasoline (BOA Cash Rewards with Platinum Honors status) and ones almost as good for Amazon (Forward), it is close.

  I agree that it can become hard to keep track of how much you spend each month.  Sometimes I will buy store GCs to cover the remaining $250 amount for grocery so that if there is a month I need more, I have the gift card.  Also, a lot of families typically do $250+ in groceries regularly.  Most stores, especially the major ones, allow split payments.  Pay $250 on the SM and then the rest on your Amex BCP.  That way you know you are using the $250.

  That is my intended strategy with one of each.

rated:
Is the best sign up offer available the $25 statement credit or is their something better available?
Thanks

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
wrx2004;18254686 said:Read through the whole thread but still have a couple of questions:

1) Is the 5% for $250 in groceries and another $250 in gas (ie $500 total)?  Or $250 for groceries and gas combined?
2) Any delay/issue with $25 statment credit redemption?  (understand there's a big dealy for upromise redemption)

Thanks!

  Unless you have a Sallie Mae High Yield Savings acct, I personally don't see the reason to do the UPromise method.  However I do want to say that my Upromise redemptions typically take about 5-6 weeks.  And the one statement credit that I did was also pretty immediate.

  The one exception is where you have only a few dollars in the UPromise account and wish to cash out. I believe they will mail a check only if it is over $10.

Thus if you had say $8.00, you could direct your rebate to your account, and then request a check.

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   
cdancer20 said:   
wrx2004;18254686 said:Read through the whole thread but still have a couple of questions:

1) Is the 5% for $250 in groceries and another $250 in gas (ie $500 total)?  Or $250 for groceries and gas combined?
2) Any delay/issue with $25 statment credit redemption?  (understand there's a big dealy for upromise redemption)

Thanks!

  Unless you have a Sallie Mae High Yield Savings acct, I personally don't see the reason to do the UPromise method.  However I do want to say that my Upromise redemptions typically take about 5-6 weeks.  And the one statement credit that I did was also pretty immediate.

  The one exception is where you have only a few dollars in the UPromise account and wish to cash out. I believe they will mail a check only if it is over $10.

Thus if you had say $8.00, you could direct your rebate to your account, and then request a check.

  I don't think we are talking about the same thing.  I was referring to that it takes 5-6 weeks for the Sallie Mae MasterCard redemption to go from pending to available.  And now it's actually closer to 90 days for me.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
ProfessorEd said:   
cdancer20 said:   
wrx2004;18254686 said:Read through the whole thread but still have a couple of questions:

1) Is the 5% for $250 in groceries and another $250 in gas (ie $500 total)?  Or $250 for groceries and gas combined?
2) Any delay/issue with $25 statment credit redemption?  (understand there's a big dealy for upromise redemption)

Thanks!

  Unless you have a Sallie Mae High Yield Savings acct, I personally don't see the reason to do the UPromise method.  However I do want to say that my Upromise redemptions typically take about 5-6 weeks.  And the one statement credit that I did was also pretty immediate.

  The one exception is where you have only a few dollars in the UPromise account and wish to cash out. I believe they will mail a check only if it is over $10.

Thus if you had say $8.00, you could direct your rebate to your account, and then request a check.

  I don't think we are talking about the same thing.  I was referring to that it takes 5-6 weeks for the Sallie Mae MasterCard redemption to go from pending to available.  And now it's actually closer to 90 days for me.

  I have same experience as cdancer.  Right now I have ~150 bucks that showed up in pending status on 8/11/2014.  Today is 10/21/2014 (10+ weeks) and it's still in pending status.

rated:
howie888 said:   
cdancer20 said:   
ProfessorEd said:   
cdancer20 said:   
wrx2004;18254686 said:Read through the whole thread but still have a couple of questions:

1) Is the 5% for $250 in groceries and another $250 in gas (ie $500 total)?  Or $250 for groceries and gas combined?
2) Any delay/issue with $25 statment credit redemption?  (understand there's a big dealy for upromise redemption)

Thanks!

  Unless you have a Sallie Mae High Yield Savings acct, I personally don't see the reason to do the UPromise method.  However I do want to say that my Upromise redemptions typically take about 5-6 weeks.  And the one statement credit that I did was also pretty immediate.

  The one exception is where you have only a few dollars in the UPromise account and wish to cash out. I believe they will mail a check only if it is over $10.

Thus if you had say $8.00, you could direct your rebate to your account, and then request a check.

  I don't think we are talking about the same thing.  I was referring to that it takes 5-6 weeks for the Sallie Mae MasterCard redemption to go from pending to available.  And now it's actually closer to 90 days for me.

  I have same experience as cdancer.  Right now I have ~150 bucks that showed up in pending status on 8/11/2014.  Today is 10/21/2014 (10+ weeks) and it's still in pending status.

  So unlike virtually every credit card, they are not prompt in crediting the rewards (or miles, or cash) soon after the statement closes? This is puzzling since Barclays issues the card, and probably uses basically the same software on this card as on other cards. Technically, managing this reward program seems simpler than managing the Priceline card, or the Arrival card, (where refunds are based on refunding specific travel expenses).

I just went to the rewards area, and was able to place a redemption request for $28.50 (based on Amazon purchases recently made plus the $25 for first use) even though the statement had not closed.

I was pleased to see that although there is a stated $25.00 minimum for redemptions, they did not limit redemptions to multiples of $25, but accepted a request for the full amount.

I had the following E-mail from them:
"Thank you for redeeming for a statement credit1 on 10/22/2014 through our customer website. You should receive this statement credit reflected on your account within 1-2 days."

 

rated:
What type of redemption?  there are 3 choices.

If you did a statement credit, it will show in transactions tomorrow. howie888 is talking about transfer to Sallie Mae savings which can take weeks. If you did a check it needs to be mailed and travel along with other letters and get delivered to you.

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   
 
  So unlike virtually every credit card, they are not prompt in crediting the rewards (or miles, or cash) soon after the statement closes? This is puzzling since Barclays issues the card, and probably uses basically the same software on this card as on other cards. Technically, managing this reward program seems simpler than managing the Priceline card, or the Arrival card, (where refunds are based on refunding specific travel expenses).

I just went to the rewards area, and was able to place a redemption request for $28.50 (based on Amazon purchases recently made plus the $25 for first use) even though the statement had not closed.

I was pleased to see that although there is a stated $25.00 minimum for redemptions, they did not limit redemptions to multiples of $25, but accepted a request for the full amount.

I had the following E-mail from them:
"Thank you for redeeming for a statement credit1 on 10/22/2014 through our customer website. You should receive this statement credit reflected on your account within 1-2 days."

 


Like other Barclay cards, your points are available in your Barclay account as soon as the transaction posts; no need to wait until the statement cuts.

When I used to redeem for statement credit, the credit was almost instantaneous.  But now that I've switched to UPromise redemptions, I've have results consistent with the other posters.  

The redemptions always show up on UPromise as pending within 3-5 days.  But to go from "Pending" to "Funded" has ranged from 30 days to 130 days.  After that, the actual transfer to the savings account happens the middle of the next month.

Amount Redeemed Pending Funded Transferred
32.54 4/2/14 4/6/14 8/14/14 9/16/14
42.55 6/9/14 6/16/14 7/16/14 8/13/14
33.89 8/1/14 8/4/14    
34.19 9/10/14 9/15/14    
25.61 10/11/14 10/16/14    

I'm thinking it will all be worth it when I get the 10% bonus (at $16.88 so far) next year.

Chris.

rated:
cpaynter said:   
ProfessorEd said:   
 
  So unlike virtually every credit card, they are not prompt in crediting the rewards (or miles, or cash) soon after the statement closes? This is puzzling since Barclays issues the card, and probably uses basically the same software on this card as on other cards. Technically, managing this reward program seems simpler than managing the Priceline card, or the Arrival card, (where refunds are based on refunding specific travel expenses).

I just went to the rewards area, and was able to place a redemption request for $28.50 (based on Amazon purchases recently made plus the $25 for first use) even though the statement had not closed.

I was pleased to see that although there is a stated $25.00 minimum for redemptions, they did not limit redemptions to multiples of $25, but accepted a request for the full amount.

I had the following E-mail from them:
"Thank you for redeeming for a statement credit1 on 10/22/2014 through our customer website. You should receive this statement credit reflected on your account within 1-2 days."

 


Like other Barclay cards, your points are available in your Barclay account as soon as the transaction posts; no need to wait until the statement cuts.

When I used to redeem for statement credit, the credit was almost instantaneous.  But now that I've switched to UPromise redemptions, I've have results consistent with the other posters.  

The redemptions always show up on UPromise as pending within 3-5 days.  But to go from "Pending" to "Funded" has ranged from 30 days to 130 days.  After that, the actual transfer to the savings account happens the middle of the next month.





Amount Redeemed Pending Funded Transferred
32.54 4/2/14 4/6/14 8/14/14 9/16/14
42.55 6/9/14 6/16/14 7/16/14 8/13/14
33.89 8/1/14 8/4/14    
34.19 9/10/14 9/15/14    
25.61 10/11/14 10/16/14    

I'm thinking it will all be worth it when I get the 10% bonus (at $16.88 so far) next year.

Chris.

  Thanks. I did not realize this bonus was available. How much work is it to get it? and where are the terms described? I could not find that on the Barclay's web site.

It looks like this would make the card slightly more generous, with the 5% categories being 5.5% for instance. It would be nice to know just how to get this, and whether it was worth the trouble.

Searching on this thread I could find a little more information, notably that the 10% gets reported as interest.

On the Sallie Mae site (https://www.salliemae.com/banking/hysa/) there are more details, notably that you need a $5,000 minimum deposit, or a $25 per month Automatic Savings Plan.  I am guessing you could set this up, and then make withdrawals frequently so you were not tying up too much money. The interest rate is now .8%, which is good, but still too low to lead many of us to want to keep much money in it. It may even be possible to automate things, so that you draw your $25 out frequently, but I am not certain regarding this.

Whether this is worth the trouble may depend on how much you expect to use the card, and how much you expect to earn. Doe instance, spending $100 per year in 5% categories would earn you $50. The bonus would be $5.00 per year, which is not a high return for the hassle of setting up a new account, managing the process, etc.

"To be eligible for the 10% annual match on your Upromise earnings from Upromise you must link your High Yield Savings Account (HYSA) to your Upromise Account and, within 90 days of opening your HYSA, either: (1) set up an Automatic Savings Plan with a monthly deposit of $25 or more, or (2) fund the account with $5,000 or more. If you qualify for the 10% match based on having the minimum balance of $5,000 in your HYSA, you must maintain that minimum balance in your HYSA for the duration of the calendar year for which your earnings will be matched. Once you complete the steps above, Upromise will match 10% of your Upromise earnings posted as ”funded” to your Upromise Account during each calendar year.  Your match will be deposited into your HYSA in the February after you have linked and funded your account as described above, provided that both accounts remain active and are in good standing at time of transfer.  Visit the FAQs to learn more. Upromise may change or terminate the 10% annual match offer at any time without notice.  Other terms and conditions may apply.  "
 

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   
 
  Thanks. I did not realize this bonus was available. How much work is it to get it? and where are the terms described? I could not find that on the Barclay's web site.

It looks like this would make the card slightly more generous, with the 5% categories being 5.5% for instance. It would be nice to know just how to get this, and whether it was worth the trouble.

Searching on this thread I could find a little more information, notably that the 10% gets reported as interest.

On the Sallie Mae site (https://www.salliemae.com/banking/hysa/) there are more details, notably that you need a $5,000 minimum deposit, or a $25 per month Automatic Savings Plan.  I am guessing you could set this up, and then make withdrawals frequently so you were not tying up too much money. The interest rate is now .8%, which is good, but still too low to lead many of us to want to keep much money in it. It may even be possible to automate things, so that you draw your $25 out frequently, but I am not certain regarding this.

Whether this is worth the trouble may depend on how much you expect to use the card, and how much you expect to earn. Doe instance, spending $100 per year in 5% categories would earn you $50. The bonus would be $5.00 per year, which is not a high return for the hassle of setting up a new account, managing the process, etc.

"To be eligible for the 10% annual match on your Upromise earnings from Upromise you must link your High Yield Savings Account (HYSA) to your Upromise Account and, within 90 days of opening your HYSA, either: (1) set up an Automatic Savings Plan with a monthly deposit of $25 or more, or (2) fund the account with $5,000 or more. If you qualify for the 10% match based on having the minimum balance of $5,000 in your HYSA, you must maintain that minimum balance in your HYSA for the duration of the calendar year for which your earnings will be matched. Once you complete the steps above, Upromise will match 10% of your Upromise earnings posted as ”funded” to your Upromise Account during each calendar year.  Your match will be deposited into your HYSA in the February after you have linked and funded your account as described above, provided that both accounts remain active and are in good standing at time of transfer.  Visit the FAQs to learn more. Upromise may change or terminate the 10% annual match offer at any time without notice.  Other terms and conditions may apply.  "

  
You're good at answering your own questions!

Yes, I realize it's not much, but IMHO, it was worth the small effort to set up the account and set up an automatic monthly push to the account, then an automatic pull a couple of weeks later.  Ongoing, there's really nothing to manage, except to make sure the account it's pulling from always has at least $25 in it.  As for the rewards deposits, I'm just leaving them in the account for now, earning .8% interest.  Probably will transfer them out after I get the annual bonus.  Then the account will always reflect what I've earned for the year so far.  The program does require you to have a UPromise account, which is free to set up.  FWIW, I wasn't using UPromise before, and I've taken advantage of the rewards mall a couple of times, when they were offering one of the better CashBack %'s on a particular store, and they also offered $5 extra for the first time I used the rewards mall.  So that went into the account and should get the 10% bonus EOY as well.

Chris.

rated:
I forgot to activate the 2500 points deal Well I missed on a free $25.

rated:
cpaynter said:   
ProfessorEd said:   
 
  Thanks. I did not realize this bonus was available. How much work is it to get it? and where are the terms described? I could not find that on the Barclay's web site.

It looks like this would make the card slightly more generous, with the 5% categories being 5.5% for instance. It would be nice to know just how to get this, and whether it was worth the trouble.

Searching on this thread I could find a little more information, notably that the 10% gets reported as interest.

On the Sallie Mae site (https://www.salliemae.com/banking/hysa/) there are more details, notably that you need a $5,000 minimum deposit, or a $25 per month Automatic Savings Plan.  I am guessing you could set this up, and then make withdrawals frequently so you were not tying up too much money. The interest rate is now .8%, which is good, but still too low to lead many of us to want to keep much money in it. It may even be possible to automate things, so that you draw your $25 out frequently, but I am not certain regarding this.

Whether this is worth the trouble may depend on how much you expect to use the card, and how much you expect to earn. Doe instance, spending $100 per year in 5% categories would earn you $50. The bonus would be $5.00 per year, which is not a high return for the hassle of setting up a new account, managing the process, etc.

"To be eligible for the 10% annual match on your Upromise earnings from Upromise you must link your High Yield Savings Account (HYSA) to your Upromise Account and, within 90 days of opening your HYSA, either: (1) set up an Automatic Savings Plan with a monthly deposit of $25 or more, or (2) fund the account with $5,000 or more. If you qualify for the 10% match based on having the minimum balance of $5,000 in your HYSA, you must maintain that minimum balance in your HYSA for the duration of the calendar year for which your earnings will be matched. Once you complete the steps above, Upromise will match 10% of your Upromise earnings posted as ”funded” to your Upromise Account during each calendar year.  Your match will be deposited into your HYSA in the February after you have linked and funded your account as described above, provided that both accounts remain active and are in good standing at time of transfer.  Visit the FAQs to learn more. Upromise may change or terminate the 10% annual match offer at any time without notice.  Other terms and conditions may apply.  "

  
You're good at answering your own questions!

Yes, I realize it's not much, but IMHO, it was worth the small effort to set up the account and set up an automatic monthly push to the account, then an automatic pull a couple of weeks later.  Ongoing, there's really nothing to manage, except to make sure the account it's pulling from always has at least $25 in it.  As for the rewards deposits, I'm just leaving them in the account for now, earning .8% interest.  Probably will transfer them out after I get the annual bonus.  Then the account will always reflect what I've earned for the year so far.  The program does require you to have a UPromise account, which is free to set up.  FWIW, I wasn't using UPromise before, and I've taken advantage of the rewards mall a couple of times, when they were offering one of the better CashBack %'s on a particular store, and they also offered $5 extra for the first time I used the rewards mall.  So that went into the account and should get the 10% bonus EOY as well.

Chris.

  Yes, after raising the question I figured some of it out, and though others might be interested.

As I pointed out, redeeming via UPromise can help you actually get money out of UPromise when there have been small purchases that have not led to a balance that exceeds the minimum for redemption. This may permit you to use UPromise where otherwise you would fear you would never accumulate enough to cash out. Incidentallty, I use a site called evreward wich permits you to enter a store and find out which referral site gives the highest rewards. I may then use the highest site if there are many points to be earned. Otherwise, I pick a hotel or airline one to earn one or two points and keep a large point balance from being forfeited due to lack of activity (It seems not to include BA airline however). Only occasionally is UPromise the highest, and it is easy to forget you have a few dollars with them that must be redeemed or lost.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014