• filter:
  • 14 5 67823
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
It's not a Signature Visa.

rated:
DemoGreen, does your card have a credit limit under 5000? (which is the minimum for a Signature card)

rated:
bmx said:   Did anyone set up the sallie mae credit card correctly in Quicken?
I answered three security question and they asked for the fourth one for verification. And the fourth one is empty!!!!

anyone knows how to link to quicken??

rated:
garlandk77 said:   DemoGreen, does your card have a credit limit under 5000? (which is the minimum for a Signature card)

My CL is 15K and not a signature card.(no sign on the card)

rated:
Mine is > 5k and I dont show anything about it being signature either

rated:
jd2010 said:   Mine is > 5k and I dont show anything about it being signature either

same

rated:
Data point, applied today at 3 PM ish. Got a call from their security folks at 8 PM. They asked to confirm that I applied today, name, address, and that my current address was where I lived and received mail. Also asked why I wanted the card. I said I saw it was 5% Cash Back at grocery and gas. Put on hold for a minute or so, got approved - she couldn't see what the approved CL was, but said it would be in the welcome packet I would receive in 7-10 days with my card.

TU before - 747,
TU after - 744
That was it, the call only about 3 minutes in length.

rated:
garlandk77 said:   DemoGreen, does your card have a credit limit under 5000? (which is the minimum for a Signature card)Same with me: My credit limit is $7,000 and no signature card, not written on the card, nor in the account information, nor in the benefits information.

rated:
Just got my first statement. WalMart earns 5% Cash Back for general merchandise purchases!

rated:
cherry3m said:   Just got my first statement. WalMart earns 5% Cash Back for general merchandise purchases!
What about WalMart gift cards?

rated:
imbatman said:   What about WalMart gift cards?

My assumption is that the rewards are determined by VISA's merchant category code. If that is true, any purchase at a merchant coded for 5% rewards would qualify for 5%. I only made small purchases at two different WalMart supercenters that qualified. I did not buy any gift cards.

The monthly limit is $500 in purchases, and I will easily exceed that with groceries, WalMart and Amazon every month.

rated:
thanks OP ... just applied and got $15K credit line ... hopefully it is the 5% card. I followed the link on this thread, and it did say 5% somewhere on the application.

Applied 2 days ago, and today called the 800 number, they verified few things and told me over phone it is coming.

rated:
any data points on Meijers on 5%?

rated:
cherry3m said:   imbatman said:   What about WalMart gift cards?
My assumption is that the rewards are determined by VISA's merchant category code. If that is true, any purchase at a merchant coded for 5% rewards would qualify for 5%. I only made small purchases at two different WalMart supercenters that qualified. I did not buy any gift cards.

The monthly limit is $500 in purchases, and I will easily exceed that with groceries, WalMart and Amazon every month.

Should Amazon not fall into the category of books with a separate $1,000 limit? Based on the rewards description there are
- category 1: 5% for grocery and gas with $500 limit per statement cycle;
- category 2: 5% for books with separate $1,000 limit;
- category 3: 1% for everything else including all purchases above the limits in categories 1+2.

- EDIT -
Probably Super WalMart will be in category 1, Amazon in category 2.

rated:
In general, only Super Walmarts (ones that sell grocs) are coded as grocery stores.
Most regular WM's will only get 1% unless they have mismatched merchant coding.

I did a small test purchase at a regular Wally and only got 1%.

rated:
That Super WalMart 5% makes this pretty cool. I got my acceptance letter today, so the only kind of card that I now might be able to use is something that would give me 5% back on my Satellite (Dish), landline, and Internet (I use Millenicom, which is a reseller of Verizon service - wonder if they'd count as wireless?).

rated:
I'm having a hard time with Quicken!

Edit:
I did some googling and found people complaining on Quicken's website. This issue is not yet resolved.

rated:
Did you get it run or not? I can not set up since they ask four questions and the last one is empty. WTF!

rated:
https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_full/cU0yd2gGyr4zAKeJfaacZ0/how...

I'm surprised you can get that far - mine doesn't let me login at all!

Also - if I try to manually import the file, it asks me to close quicken and still won't import properly.

I hope that these hiccups aren't characteristic of my relationship with this card :\

rated:
that is my post! I find a dirty way to do it.
but too much hassel

rated:
imbatman said:   Data point, applied today at 3 PM ish. Got a call from their security folks at 8 PM. They asked to confirm that I applied today, name, address, and that my current address was where I lived and received mail. Also asked why I wanted the card. I said I saw it was 5% Cash Back at grocery and gas. Put on hold for a minute or so, got approved - she couldn't see what the approved CL was, but said it would be in the welcome packet I would receive in 7-10 days with my card.

TU before - 747,
TU after - 744

Update, got a letter in the mail from them confirming my approval, which actually included my TU creditscore (795 - creditkarma's way off).

rated:
I'll chime in that the verification process in slow. I applied for this credit card the same day as a Chase cc and a BoA cc. For all three I was required to call in for verification, and I did all 3 in the same day. Chase and BoA I was approved instantly by the call, but for this card it was about 5 business days later when I called in to check my status.

rated:
imbatman said:   imbatman said:   Data point, applied today at 3 PM ish. Got a call from their security folks at 8 PM. They asked to confirm that I applied today, name, address, and that my current address was where I lived and received mail. Also asked why I wanted the card. I said I saw it was 5% Cash Back at grocery and gas. Put on hold for a minute or so, got approved - she couldn't see what the approved CL was, but said it would be in the welcome packet I would receive in 7-10 days with my card.

TU before - 747,
TU after - 744

Update, got a letter in the mail from them confirming my approval, which actually included my TU creditscore (795 - creditkarma's way off).

Phew, Finally got the card today.

rated:
Today I got my first statement with sweet news:
All purchases in grocery shops and at gas stations got 5% rewards. But now the exciting thing: all purchases at a WalMart Supercenter and at a Target store got also 5% rewards. Only an insurance purchase and a purchase through an airline got 1%.
So I am very happy - WalMart Supercenters and Target stores seem also included in the 5% rewards category.

rated:
NewFarmBoy said:   Today I got my first statement with sweet news:
All purchases in grocery shops and at gas stations got 5% rewards. But now the exciting thing: all purchases at a WalMart Supercenter and at a Target store got also 5% rewards. Only an insurance purchase and a purchase through an airline got 1%.
So I am very happy - WalMart Supercenters and Target stores seem also included in the 5% rewards category.

Was the Target store you shopped at a Super Target store or just a regular Target?

Has anyone confirmed whether Amazon.com purchases get the 5% rebate?

rated:
I just got my statement from last month. I received 5% Cash Back for Amazon.com purchases. The purchases I made were not books.

This seems like a great card. 5% CB for gas, Amazon.com and as others have reported, WalMart Supercenters and Target stores.

rated:
budster said:   NewFarmBoy said:   ... WalMart Supercenters and Target stores seem also included in the 5% rewards category.
Was the Target store you shopped at a Super Target store or just a regular Target?

I got 5% for purchases at a WalMart Supercenter [it apears as WM SUPERCENTER on the statement] and at a "normal" Target store [TARGET on the statement]. The Target store doesn't show any "Super Target" sign as one in our neighbor city, and the Target internet page shows this store also as "normal" store. I did not purchased anything in our "normal" WalMart - let's see next month what there the result will be.

Therefore, based on my experience, 5% at the WalMart Supercenter and the "normal" Target store in my city.

rated:
Did anyone who applied online not get instructed to call in to verify? I applied and the page just said under review, not producing the above toll free number.

rated:
monto888 said:   Did anyone who applied online not get instructed to call in to verify? I applied and the page just said under review, not producing the above toll free number.

yes. I summarized the steps in my approval. I was not instructed to call-in, got the "under review" message and was called later in the day.

rated:
NewFarmBoy said:   budster said:   NewFarmBoy said:   ... WalMart Supercenters and Target stores seem also included in the 5% rewards category.

I got 5% for purchases at a WalMart Supercenter [it apears as WM SUPERCENTER on the statement] and at a "normal" Target store [TARGET on the statement]. The Target store doesn't show any "Super Target" sign as one in our neighbor city, and the Target internet page shows this store also as "normal" store. I did not purchased anything in our "normal" WalMart - let's see next month what there the result will be.

Therefore, based on my experience, 5% at the WalMart Supercenter and the "normal" Target store in my city.

Have you tried checking your particular WalMart and Target in the VISA merchant code database?
I know my closest WalMart is not classified as grocery, but the next closest is.

rated:
I have a couple of questions for those who own this card.

1. Any luck configuring the card in Quicken? I'm a Schwab 2% card refugee and after dealing with FIA and BofA horrible support for Quicken, don't want to go through that again.
  2. I see that you can set it up to automatically pay the bill in full in each month. I don't like authorizing anyone to automatically deduct something from my checking account. Can you pay the balance each month (i.e. single payment authorization) online?
  3. Any way to get an electronic deposit rather than a check via snail mail? Since they let you pay the bill electronically, why can't you get a deposit to the same account?
  4. Any problems with customer service?
  5. If you spend less than $500 in gas/groceries each month, any reason not to get this card over PenFed 5% gas card?

rated:
Bump...if anyone has answers to my Quicken and EFT/ACH questions it would be appreciated. Not sure why this card doesn't get more pub. Is it because its from Sallie Mae or because its so new?

rated:
If i read correctly, it seems that that you only earn 5% on the first $500 purchases each month. After $500, you will earn 1%. So total CashBack you can get is $25 month...

Cash Back Rewards Program Summary: There is no total cap to the cash rewards you can earn and rewards do not expire. Rewards are earned on qualifying retail purchases less credits, returns and adjustments. Earn 1% Cash Back rewards on purchases charged to the credit card each billing cycle. Earn 5%, Cash Back rewards on the first $500 charged to the card each billing cycle on combined purchases of gasoline and groceries. For purchases in these categories that exceed the $500 monthly limit, you can continue to earn the 1% Cash Back reward. Earn 5%, Cash Back rewards on the first $1,000 in book purchases charged to the credit card each billing cycle. For book purchases that exceed the $1,000 monthly limit, you can continue to earn the 1% Cash Back reward.

rated:
I was able to link Sallie Mae Signature card to Quicken. It was not working in November, but now Intuit got something fixed, and I'm able to download transactions.
I also learned a trick to import QIF files by adding couple lines in the downloaded file.

Open the qif file in Notepad and add the following four lines at the very beginning of the file:

!Account 
NMyAccount 
TCCard 
^

substituting the exact Quicken name of the account you want to import to for MyAccount
Save qif file and import it.

rated:
pyro123 said:   If i read correctly, it seems that that you only earn 5% on the first $500 purchases each month. After $500, you will earn 1%. So total CashBack you can get is $25 month...

You got it right, then you got it wrong.

Say you spend $600 at grocery, you will get $26. 25 for the first 500+1 for the next 100. If you spend $1,000,000 at a grocery store in a month, you'll get $25 for the first 500, then $9,995 for the other 999,500 spent. There's no total cap, it's just not as appealing after spending $500.

rated:
imbatman said:   pyro123 said:   If i read correctly, it seems that that you only earn 5% on the first $500 purchases each month. After $500, you will earn 1%. So total CashBack you can get is $25 month...

You got it right, then you got it wrong.

Say you spend $600 at grocery, you will get $26. 25 for the first 500+1 for the next 100. If you spend $1,000,000 at a grocery store in a month, you'll get $25 for the first 500, then $9,995 for the other 999,500 spent. There's no total cap, it's just not as appealing after spending $500.

thanks. I guess it can appeal to some not me.

rated:
Earn 5%, Cash Back rewards on the first $1,000 in book purchases charged to the credit card each billing cycle.

Are all Amazon purchases considered book purchases from the standpoint of the Sallie Mae card?

rated:
why on their website it only shows 3% on gas and groceries right now? Are the people who signed up on this deal grandfathered into the 5% CashBack or can they change this at any time? It seems like it might be 3% now. Anyone know for sure?

rated:
Use the link on OP

rated:
Is the limit based on calendar month or billing cycle month?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014