• 123 4 58
  • Page
  • Text Only
passion124 said:   $100 Amazon gift cards are now on sale for 9,000 points. That should be some incentive to step up the spending if your bonus hasn't posted yet. Sale is good until January 31st. Once your bonus posts, you can get $500 in Amazon gift cards for only 45,000 points..

Thanks. I'm at $1400 and will reach the 2K mark soon. How long does it take them to post bonus points after hitting mark?

wadewood said:   passion124 said:   $100 Amazon gift cards are now on sale for 9,000 points. That should be some incentive to step up the spending if your bonus hasn't posted yet. Sale is good until January 31st. Once your bonus posts, you can get $500 in Amazon gift cards for only 45,000 points..

Thanks. I'm at $1400 and will reach the 2K mark soon. How long does it take them to post bonus points after hitting mark?
My 50K bonus points posted the day my monthly statement closed.

Footzilla said:   Footzilla said:   Didn't see this posted in this thread, but the folks at FlyerTalk point out that there is a catch to the companion fare perk: the lowest fare tickets are never available when you purchase through Spirit Incentives.

I guess this is standard BS practice for "free companion fare" deals.

Ugh -- it seems there is no way to check the companion prices without a ThankYou Account. Makes it hard to assess if it is worth signing up for the card. Anyone know of a way around this?
If any of your friends has this CC then they can check these for you at https://www.thankyoucompanion.com.

Applied for and was deferred. Got a call from Citi (apparently) and asked me to call 866-842-8118. Went ahead and called without thinking whether it is really a citi number or not. Now I am a little worried if was talking to a spammer. I called citi and was told it is not possible to verify the number because they have many toll free numbers. Does anyone know is that a valid citi number? I know, if citi can't verify how can anyone else here? Just hoping that one of the fatwalleters would have encountered the same situation and had called the same number

pras

Yes, I had to call the same number. It is Citi, don't worry.

Did you speak to them? Couldn't you figure out by what they know about you that they're legitimate? If somebody wanted to steal your identity and knew what they know, they wouldn't call you as they already have enough information.

Yoksel said:   Yes, I had to call the same number. It is Citi, don't worry.

Did you speak to them? Couldn't you figure out by what they know about you that they're legitimate? If somebody wanted to steal your identity and knew what they know, they wouldn't call you as they already have enough information.

Thanks! I was worried because they called me several times and except for once every call was blank - no message. When I talked to them they couldn't tell me if the application was approved or not or when it will be approved.

I called citi customer service and asked to be connected to the credit department and the automated system said the application was approved. This is what made me suspicious.

pras

Question: I checked my rewards statement online and it had a couple hundred bonus points added. Anybody know what this might be from? Is there some way to see points per transaction?

Base Points Earned x,xxx
Bonus Points by Category Earned xxx
Merchant Bonus Points Earned 0
CardMember Bonus Points Earned 50,000

Is the 50,000 point bonus offer still active? The link is now showing only 30,000 points.

I've been using this card for years, and really like it - even with the annual fee (and once they actually gave me a credit for my annual fee without me even asking). Where I work, we can use personal cards for business expenses. I don't fly a ton, but enough to take advantage of this card. The point per mile benefit really adds up quickly.

BarryAndLevon said:   Question: I checked my rewards statement online and it had a couple hundred bonus points added. Anybody know what this might be from? Is there some way to see points per transaction?

Base Points Earned x,xxx
Bonus Points by Category Earned xxx
Merchant Bonus Points Earned 0
CardMember Bonus Points Earned 50,000

1.2 ty points for shopping at supermarkets, gas stations, and drug stores

everything else is 1.0 ty points.. So shopping at grocery, gas, or drug will be 0.2 bonus ty points.

Isn't there a way to buy boxes of quarters or something on Amazon and cash them into your bank to quickly hit the spending? $2500 in 3 months feels like a decent amount of effort to rework my auto deductions and payments that comprise a large chunk of my month credit card charges.

Only if you have a time machine. See the US Mint dollar coin thread (RIP).

I thought there was a thread here one time about people buying $1000 worth of quarters from Amazon and selling them in 20 dollar rolls to silver hunters or something. I'd just be interesting in buying, and putting em in the bank to meet my 2500.

What are yall doing to run through the purchase requirements?

RhizzleBop said:   I thought there was a thread here one time about people buying $1000 worth of quarters from Amazon and selling them in 20 dollar rolls to silver hunters or something. I'd just be interesting in buying, and putting em in the bank to meet my 2500.

What are yall doing to run through the purchase requirements?

My friend, you are speaking of the Holy Grail of Fat Wallet. It's something about which we only whisper. If you find an answer to your question that is scalable, send me a PM and I can guide you into the inner sanctum of Fat Walletness.

Until then, you might see what you can do with Amazon Payments to help yourself along the path.

How is the 2500 calculated?

Does it have to show up on the statement?

If I spend 1k, then pay the 1k balance before the statement, will that count towards the 2500?

1. See 2 and 3.
2. No.
3. Yes.

peteypablo said:   1. See 2 and 3.
2. No.
3. Yes.

awesome. thanks!

do you know if this is the standard for all signup bonuses?

Yes and yes.

pupak said:   Is the 50,000 point bonus offer still active? The link is now showing only 30,000 points.

Seems like the 50k bonus still work at this link.

linky

D'oh! Just discovered expired mailer where they offered 80,000 miles for $5,000 in spending. Applied for 50k instead.

just wondering how many Citi Cards do u have? and what is the max u can apply within a year

I think I have five cards with them, so they didn't approve me right away because I was also at a maximum limit with CL. They transferred some to my new card and I was good to go.

Quick ways to accrue $2500.

Pay your recurring cost in advance!

Cell
Cable
Internet
Gas
Water
Eletricity

Well, diddly, I signed up for two chase offers before jumping on this one and now I'm declined for this.

I applied friday, and called today and he confirmed I was declined due to too many recent inquiries. Specifically too many within 5 days. (only 1 was citi).

I asked, so should I apply back in 6 days, or wait 30?
Of course he did not know.

I checked my reports and including this inquiry, thats 4 within a week and my scores are 781, 781, 790.

I would really like to get this offer, but not sure how long to wait to reapply.

echip said:   pupak said:   Is the 50,000 point bonus offer still active? The link is now showing only 30,000 points.

linky

The link says Sept 2011, does anyone know if it is still valid, since they have the 30K points offer going on?
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/thankyou/Premier/offer/Sept2011/50k/default.htm?BT_TX=1

got5o5 said:   echip said:   pupak said:   Is the 50,000 point bonus offer still active? The link is now showing only 30,000 points.

linky

The link says Sept 2011, does anyone know if it is still valid, since they have the 30K points offer going on?
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/thankyou/Premier/offer/Sept2011/50k/default.htm?BT_TX=1

I applied on February 8 using this link. Found out yesterday I was approved for the card. I have a screenshot of the information, nowhere does it reference an expiration date, except in the URL. We'll see what happens, but I'm assuming I'll still get the 50k points.

I today received 35,000 Targeted Invitation offer. Standard $2500 in 3 months. No annual fee.

It looks like the offer for 50K points for $2,500/3 mths is still alive. I just applied last week, got my card, and confirmed via secure email with a rep that my account is eligible for this specific offer.

Any experience with how likely they are to waive the fee. I have one they just charged the fee ($125) on and cannot justify paying the fee for the little usage made of it.

Probably the biggest reason fro even considering keeping the card keep the card is that some regular spending done on it, which means I might get some extra points if I buy a ticket and pay for it with this card (i.e. the regular spending is there for the match).

On the other hand, canceling the card might man at some point I could take advantage of offers such as this.

ProfessorEd said:   Any experience with how likely they are to waive the fee. I have one they just charged the fee ($125) on and cannot justify paying the fee for the little usage made of it.

Probably the biggest reason fro even considering keeping the card keep the card is that some regular spending done on it, which means I might get some extra points if I buy a ticket and pay for it with this card (i.e. the regular spending is there for the match).

On the other hand, canceling the card might man at some point I could take advantage of offers such as this.

To answer my own question, CITI overs conversion to a CITI Preferred Thank You card first, but could convert to another Forward (more points on restaurants etc. and 100 points each month for paying on time. Both are no fee. I chose a conversion even though I already had two Forwards. The waive the fee, but the conversion cannot take place for 46 days, so you have a few more months of use of the card (although unlikely in my case, the decision is reversible up to that date).. Converting the card to another should leave me free to take advantage of a future offer on the Premier Card should one come along.

ProfessorEd said:   ProfessorEd said:   Any experience with how likely they are to waive the fee. I have one they just charged the fee ($125) on and cannot justify paying the fee for the little usage made of it.

To answer my own question, CITI overs conversion to a CITI Preferred Thank You card first, but could convert to another Forward (more points on restaurants etc. and 100 points each month for paying on time. Both are no fee. I chose a conversion even though I already had two Forwards. The waive the fee, but the conversion cannot take place for 46 days, so you have a few more months of use of the card (although unlikely in my case, the decision is reversible up to that date).. Converting the card to another should leave me free to take advantage of a future offer on the Premier Card should one come along.

If I were you I would verify with Citi that your forward card will indeed earn the bonus 100 points per month for paying on time and offers 5 points per dollar in various categories including restaurants. The reason I say this is when I tried to convert a card about a year ago to a forward they would allow it but when I asked to verify the earnings structure I was told 1 point per dollar on all purchases. Then when I asked about the 5X points on certain categories I was told that this feature was only available to new accounts. In addition, on another message board someone recently converted a card to the forward and also was told 1 point per dollar on all purchases and no 5X points but thought the CSR was providing inaccurate information and made various test purchases at merchants which definitely count toward the 5X points and received only 1 point per dollar on all purchases. Thus it seems very likely that you are receiving a 1 point per dollar forward card. Hope this helps and please report back if indeed you do receive 5X points on restaurant purchases.

Joe1690 said:   ProfessorEd said:   ProfessorEd said:   Any experience with how likely they are to waive the fee. I have one they just charged the fee ($125) on and cannot justify paying the fee for the little usage made of it.

If I were you I would verify with Citi that your forward card will indeed earn the bonus 100 points per month for paying on time and offers 5 points per dollar in various categories including restaurants. The reason I say this is when I tried to convert a card about a year ago to a forward they would allow it but when I asked to verify the earnings structure I was told 1 point per dollar on all purchases. Then when I asked about the 5X points on certain categories I was told that this feature was only available to new accounts. In addition, on another message board someone recently converted a card to the forward and also was told 1 point per dollar on all purchases and no 5X points but thought the CSR was providing inaccurate information and made various test purchases at merchants which definitely count toward the 5X points and received only 1 point per dollar on all purchases. Thus it seems very likely that you are receiving a 1 point per dollar forward card. Hope this helps and please report back if indeed you do receive 5X points on restaurant purchases.

I indeed asked the representative about the 5 points and was assured I would get them.

More importantly, a few months ago I got my second Forward via a product substitution and I did get the 5 points. My first Forward was a product exchange. They turned me down on a offer, but I thought the benefits were large enough to justify exchanging another CITI card for a Forward. Thus, I am reasonably confident i will get was was promised.

I do have a little worry that at some point CITI will notice I have three Forwards and wish to combine them, or cancel two.

I just applied using the Sept '11 link for the 50,000 points and got approved! Saved screenshots just in case...

Same as WinSolstice... applied and got immediate approval using the Sept'11 link. Verified with the CSR on phone that it qualifies for the 50k points and 1st year annual fee waived.

Winsolstice - since you have screen shots, can you add it to the quick summary?

Couldn't you just buy a bunch of prepaid Visa's at the supermarket? Those are usually about 1% fee, right? $25 to get $2500 worth, not too bad.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?ProspectID=BB5EED3FA3F74D0383C48215DEE6B87A&screenID=3131&app=UNSOL&siteId=CB&langId=EN&sc=4MMZA431&B=C&m=6CJ5MDR6900&uc=AT3&t=t&naInd=MV

The 50000 link above - with the Sep11 in the URL - is still functional as of today.
Applied online, was asked to call for an immediate decision.

During the process the rep mentioned the $2500/50000 point bonus attached to the card without me even needing to ask.

Can anyone confirm that the 50k bonus points count towards matching flight points? This used to be the case back in the Elite card days.

Signed up fro this about ten days ago, received my cards in the mail today, called to activate them and asked for a rep so I could verify that the 50,000 point offer was active on my account...the rep said that I actually only need to spend $2000 in 3 months to earn the 50,000 points. I think I'll still fire off an email to verify it in writing.

MisterBeefhead said:   Signed up fro this about ten days ago, received my cards in the mail today, called to activate them and asked for a rep so I could verify that the 50,000 point offer was active on my account...the rep said that I actually only need to spend $2000 in 3 months to earn the 50,000 points. I think I'll still fire off an email to verify it in writing.

Question for you (or others) - I also just signed up for the card. Is the annual companion ticket (that may or may not be 'worth' anything) something you get on signup, or after the first year?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014