• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Been going back and forth if I'd get the new United card for 25k (+5k for AU). Was quite borderline, but just got the following offer, so I'm getting it without delay!

Hello FoolishJumper,

Explore all new benefits.

Only elite members can earn up to 60,000 bonus award miles and more with the MileagePlus® Explorer Card from Chase. Apply today and take advantage of the special offer.

Learn More

As an elite member, you'll earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the Card.

Then, spend $25,000 or more in a calendar year and earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles. That's up to 60,000 bonus miles!

You'll also earn miles faster with two miles for each $1 spent on United® and Continental® ticket purchases and one mile for each $1 spent on everything else.

Plus, enjoy two passes to the exclusive United ClubSM every year - just for being a cardmember.

First use bonus

With this bonus offer you will qualify and receive 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the card. First use includes using your account for purchases or balance transfers, or using any checks that access your account; cash advances are not included. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is only valid for first-time United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United Airlines cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your MileagePlus Program account.

Pretty smokin' from my perspective and doesn't even require the 5k AU bonus.

Member Summary
OP's offer is targeted to Elite Members...the offer from Explorer Card currently available to all is get 25,000 bonus miles after first use and 5,000 additional bonus miles after adding an authorized user within 2 months LINK...think parents and siblings for authorized users- you do not really need to give these people the card. (There is also another 10,000 bonus miles offer with this after spending $25,000 but not many will qualify)

Please Update with 60,000 link when available to general public
  • Also categorized in:

Rumors are this offer will be available to everybody, not just elites, some time in November.

says 40,000

Also seeing only 40,000 miles on offer page. Higher offer may be tied to individual MP numbers?

If I applied the mileage card before and cancelled it last year, can I still earn miles if I got approved?

DrXX said:   Rumors are this offer will be available to everybody, not just elites, some time in November.

Heard this rumor as well. Was supposed to be offered in October but now delayed to November.

I assume it is just (currently) for MP elite members; I have premier status. My wife is a basic MP member and she shows the 40k bonus offer at that link.

DrXX said:   Rumors are this offer will be available to everybody, not just elites, some time in November.

Any validity to this rumor?

FoolishJumper said:   I assume it is just (currently) for MP elite members; I have premier status. My wife is a basic MP member and she shows the 40k bonus offer at that link.

I'm not seeing any bonus miles offered from the link- only "call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for an upgrade"...

johnnybs said:   DrXX said:   Rumors are this offer will be available to everybody, not just elites, some time in November.
Any validity to this rumor?

Google "60000 mile united airline card offer" and judge for yourself.

Unless you are an elite, 40K is what available right now.

Sweet! Got approved even though I got the Continental card back in April. Oh, the places we'll go...

not elite only, even my teenage son received the invitation in the mail, and he only flew like 900 miles last year. I, on the other hand, did not even get the offer.

Got the 50k offer, applied, and approved! Looks like I'm off Chase's sh** list! Now I gotta update that other thread.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014