• 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Deal dead as of 12/31/11

Open an account at First Trade Union Bank for a relatively easy $100:

$50 for paying 1 bill via BillPay
$50 for receiving one direct deposit by 1/31/12
Bonuses will be credited within 15 days of meeting each requirement.

It's a no-fee account, free checks, and pays 0.25% interest on balances of $1000 or more. Available nationwide.

Link for more details.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
What's the mailing address to send an account closure request to?

MidnightLight (Apr. 07, 2012 @ 1:51p) |

First Trade Union Savings Bank
PO Box 55063
Boston MA 02205-8031

CSREwallet (Apr. 07, 2012 @ 5:10p) |

Mailed a letter to this address. They closed the account without any problems.

jolapo (May. 30, 2012 @ 11:45a) |

Routing Number: 211075086

First Trade NO FEE Virtual Checking

Cash Bonus Offer Details:

Open a new First Trade Virtual Checking account between 10/5 and 12/31/11.
We'll deposit $50 if you enroll in FTUB Bill Pay service and pay at least 1 bill through FTUB Bill Pay by 1/31/12.
We'll deposit $50 if you enroll in direct deposit and have at least 1 direct deposit credited to your Virtual Checking
account by 1/31/12.
Virtual Checking account balance must be greater than $1.00 at the time the bonus(es) are credited to the account.
Bonus(es) may be credited to your virtual checking account individually or as a lump sum.
Bonus(es) will be credited to the virtual checking account within 15 business days after the Bill Pay or Direct Deposit services have gone into effect.
Maximum amount to be paid in bonuses is $100 per individual; if more than one Virtual Checking account is opened by one individual, only one account will qualify for this offer.
Bonus recipients are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes.

Questions? Visit us at FTUB.COM, email us or speak with one of our Customer Service associates at 800-242-0272.

1 Promotion ends 12/31/2011.
2 ATM surcharge rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the First Trade MasterMoney« Debit Card wherever it is accepted. A maximum of $20 in foreign ATM surcharges will be rebated each statement cycle. First Trade reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM surcharge rebate at any time.
3 Rate tiers are as follows: 0.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) applies to balances of $0.01$999.99 and 0.50% APY applies to the entire balance on balances of $1,000.00 and up. APY accurate as of 10/18/2011. Rates may change after account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
4 FDICinsured up to at least $250,000 per depositor. (FDIC Cert: 32551)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Seems pretty straight forward:

You will need to refer to several things during this process:

U.S. Social Security number
A valid form of identification including: Driver's license, State ID, Military ID or Passport
Previous home address (if you have lived at your current home address less than two years)
U.S. checking or savings account to fund your new account(s)

OWS protesters, close your shitty bank account and open this one instead, lol?

for non-virtual checking accounts, you can also get a free dunkin donuts gift card if you sign up for estatements once you create an account:

http://www.ftuonline.com/?tabid=5723

hard pull for opening an account?

Do ACH pushes count as DDs? Can you fund with a CC?

No funding with a CC. Don't know about ACH pushes counting as DD.

How long do you have to keep this account open to avoid early closure fees?

Sashinator00 said:   How long do you have to keep this account open to avoid early closure fees?

Don't see any fee for that. The account has no maintenance fees or minimum balance, so you can just let it rot if you don't want to close it.

foeplay said:   hard pull for opening an account?

This makes me think so...

johnnybs said:   

Previous home address (if you have lived at your current home address less than two years)

But I could be wrong.

Almost all banks require SS while opening to make sure u r who u say u r. That alone doesn't tell u whether they will do a hard credit pull or not.

BingBlangBlaow said:   foeplay said:   hard pull for opening an account?

This makes me think so...

johnnybs said:   

But I could be wrong.

Only a Chex check for me. No credit hard pull (frozen).

Can i do a paypal transfer and have it count as a DD?

Did anyone receive something like the following at the end? I believe I answered all the answers correctly (including security questions):

Identity Verification

We apologize for the inconvenience, but there is a problem with the accuracy of the information you provided.

In order to provide the highest levels of security around your personal information, we cannot proceed with the account opening process.

To speak with someone at First Trade Union Bank, please call us at (800) 242-0272.

Nope. Perhaps you answered the credit history questions incorrectly?

I had to sign a form and send a copy of my drivers license to them.

any hard pull on you?
pdxmale said:   I had no problem --- Opened 2 accounts --- one for wife

AugustFour said:   Did anyone receive something like the following at the end? I believe I answered all the answers correctly (including security questions):

Identity Verification

We apologize for the inconvenience, but there is a problem with the accuracy of the information you provided.

In order to provide the highest levels of security around your personal information, we cannot proceed with the account opening process.

To speak with someone at First Trade Union Bank, please call us at (800) 242-0272.
Yes, got the exact same thing while opening 2nd acct for wifey. Not sure why, there were no screw-ups with the application; haven't called yet.

eta: they hadn't even asked any identity verification questions when I got that response.

AugustFour said:   Did anyone receive something like the following at the end? I believe I answered all the answers correctly (including security questions):

Identity Verification

Yes I assume I got one of the answers incorrect. It asked me the year my home I owned 20 years ago was built, I did not know then and certainly not now.
I called spoke to rep. he said they further review app. and either email or send a letter pertaining to your account status. He could not provide any more info. or connect me with that dept.
He said email is normally within 1 day and the mail well that depends of course.
Will update later and I hope this helps.

alanmax said:   Yes I assume I got one of the answers incorrect. It asked me the year my home I owned 20 years ago was built, I did not know then and certainly not now.

zillow.com can be helpful here.

Looks good. Thanks for posting.

There is an option in the application process to request overdraft protection. I didn't take that offer and eventually got to the following:

"Click below to authorize First Trade Union Bank to complete identity and credit verification checks.

I authorize

I certify the accuracy of the above information and authorize ChexSystems to access my credit file to authenticate my identity and facilitate the processing of this application for this First Trade Union Bank account only. I understand that I may be asked questions based on the information in my credit file as part of this process. I also understand that First Trade Union Bank may review my credit history and past banking relationships before accepting this account."

Maybe if you take the overdraft there will be a hard pull?

alanmax said:   AugustFour said:   Did anyone receive something like the following at the end? I believe I answered all the answers correctly (including security questions):

Identity Verification

Yes I assume I got one of the answers incorrect. It asked me the year my home I owned 20 years ago was built, I did not know then and certainly not now.
I called spoke to rep. he said they further review app. and either email or send a letter pertaining to your account status. He could not provide any more info. or connect me with that dept.
He said email is normally within 1 day and the mail well that depends of course.
Will update later and I hope this helps.

I don't think you got this wrong- I got the same message and know for a fact my answers are correct. I'll wait and see what I get in E-mail before contacting them...

I called and was told application will be reviewed. Could be anything in the application that raised the flag, not just security questions. They said they'd probably email me the result.

"I also understand that First Trade Union Bank may review my credit history and past banking relationships before accepting this account."
It looks to me that they are looking for the no of inquiries on the chex system. so probably if you have opened too many accounts recently they might not approve the account. I was planning to apply for this but now I will hold off until i hear the reason for the denial.

what BS- I got the same stuff, and all my info was legit

Identity Verification

Got all the way through without a problem.

Have to mail in a copy of my DL and the Signature card.

$100 and getting money from an entity associated with trade unions... double win.

I just successfully opened an account and wanted to also confirm that there was no hard pull. Thanks again OP!

Thanks OP. I managed to complete the online sign-up process without any issues. Now I just need to mail in the signature card and a copy of my DL, as others have mentioned.

Will they send a postage paid envelope for signature card?

whistler0 said:   Will they send a postage paid envelope for signature card?
0.44 kills the deal?

N/M

foeplay said:   whistler0 said:   Will they send a postage paid envelope for signature card?
0.44 kills the deal?

Of course it doesn't kill the deal. Already signed up but am willing to wait a couple days to mail it if others report receiving a pre-paid envelope for the signature card.

foeplay said:   I just successfully opened an account and wanted to also confirm that there was no hard pull. Thanks again OP!
Need a one free checking account for wife (no job for dd). Is ACH push from ING direct considered as direct deposit to get bonus. Can we order free checks at the time of application.

Some one please confirm if ING push qualifies for DD.

So, has anyone who was asked to call after doing the security questions done so?

How bad was the experience and did they approve the account?

Mine went through fine (just asked to send in copy of DL and sig card), but my wife got stopped. Don't know if it's worth her calling, since she hates these things

teammjs said:   So, has anyone who was asked to call after doing the security questions done so?

How bad was the experience and did they approve the account?

Mine went through fine (just asked to send in copy of DL and sig card), but my wife got stopped. Don't know if it's worth her calling, since she hates these things

Was informed this morning that they got bombarded with applications for this promotion. Should take several days to review those apps. If you rec. an email than your account was opened and approved, if you rec. a letter than it was declined.

Mint went through & e-mail received. Like the initials FTU Bank. Was the original name of my alma mater UCF.

CokeSlurpee711 said:   Mint went through & e-mail received. Like the initials FTU Bank. Was the original name of my alma mater UCF.

Go Knights! Let's get a W tonight!

Skipping 121 Messages...
CSREwallet said:   MidnightLight said:   What's the mailing address to send an account closure request to?
First Trade Union Savings Bank
PO Box 55063
Boston MA 02205-8031

Mailed a letter to this address. They closed the account without any problems.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014