• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

For those who haven't redeemed your 50,000 points as of yet...

Examples:
$50 Amazon gift card is temporarily 4000 points
or...
$600 in Amazon gift cards for 48,000 points (2000 points left over)

Also, note that as kwest points out, this is still worse than Wanna Get Away fare redemption ($833 in flights for 50,000 points).

Edit: FYI, Firefox 8.0 had a hard time with using a different address than my stored address, but Chrome worked fine.

Email text:
"Dear floydian:

Use 20% fewer points for gift cards this season. For example, a $50 gift card that usually requires 5,000 points is yours with just 4,000 points!

Here’s how easy it is to save:

Go to southwest.com/morerewards, login to your Rapid Rewards® account and click on "Explore Rewards".
Save 20% when you redeem for gift cards between now and December 15, 2011. You’ll automatically see the discount when you redeem.
Give the perfect gift to everyone on your list!

This holiday season, use your Rapid Rewards points to get more gifts for less."

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Will this promotion come back sometime? I just received the 50000 points!

huay711 (Jan. 18, 2012 @ 10:48p) |

What part of "redeem ... through Dec 15th, 2011" don't you understand?

sloppy1 (Jan. 18, 2012 @ 11:25p) |

Only on Wanna Get Away though.. Anything else Amazon is better.

cmatthes1 (Jan. 19, 2012 @ 9:53a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Well not really a good deal but thanks for sharing.

Math:
Value/pt @ Amazon = 50/4000 or $0.0125
Value/pt @ SW Flight = 1/60 or $0.0167

kwest said:   Well not really a good deal but thanks for sharing.

Math:

True, but you can't buy pots and pans/video games/kindles/toilet paper/crackers (not in that order) on Southwest.com, so this is good for those of us who have more points that we can use in the near future as an alternative

I think it's fantastic. If I could just do the same thing for AA miles I would be thrilled. I usually fly Southwest for everything but on a recent trip to Europe I racked up a lot of miles which I'll be stuck trying to use to get a ticket eventually. And don't even mention points.com because that is highway robbery!

Math:

It's only a matter of time before Amazon adds tavel booking business.

Thank you for pointing it out!!!

mysteryAgain said:   kwest said:   Well not really a good deal but thanks for sharing.

Math:

It's only a matter of time before Amazon adds tavel booking business.

You are funny. I like it.

Guys, may be this is a dumb question. I already have chase southwest card my rewards statement says i have 50000 points credited. Now how do i redeem it. I went and created a southwest account, now how to get this 50000 points to the southwest website account?. please help

sbjagan said:   Guys, may be this is a dumb question. I already have chase southwest card my rewards statement says i have 50000 points credited. Now how do i redeem it. I went and created a southwest account, now how to get this 50000 points to the southwest website account?. please help

Usually what happens is that Chase or Southwest will credit a new account if they can't find a current SW account that matches your name and address. So what likely happened is that somewhere out there, there is 50,000 points in a SW account, you just have to find out the account number. Chase may know (try customer service on the back of your card), or Southwest may be able to look it up as well via their customer service.

Others may have dealt with this in the past, so they may have more info, but my advice would be to call and ask what SW account # the points were deposited too (via Chase customer service or SW customer service).

sbjagan said:   Guys, may be this is a dumb question. I already have chase southwest card my rewards statement says i have 50000 points credited. Now how do i redeem it. I went and created a southwest account, now how to get this 50000 points to the southwest website account?. please help

The same thing happened to me. I had a southwest account earlier and when I opened a new Chase Southwest Card, they (Chase) opened a new Rapid Rewards account for me and deposited the 50k points in there. I called up Chase and gave my old account info. They transferred points within a week.

THANKS OP, Amazon etc at 20% off, great for us wingless birds.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Is anyone else unable to order?

I sign into my rapid rewards account, follow the link to order gift cards, and when I click "add to cart" the site says:

In order to add items to your cart you must be a Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmember.

1. If you are already a Cardmember, but are not logged into your Rapid Rewards account, click here to login.
2. If you are not a Cardmember and would like to learn more about the benefits of the card, click here.

If I click to login in link 1, it sends me through an endless cycle of the same process.

diljs said:   Is anyone else unable to order?

I sign into my rapid rewards account, follow the link to order gift cards, and when I click "add to cart" the site says:

In order to add items to your cart you must be a Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmember.

1. If you are already a Cardmember, but are not logged into your Rapid Rewards account, click here to login.
2. If you are not a Cardmember and would like to learn more about the benefits of the card, click here.

If I click to login in link 1, it sends me through an endless cycle of the same process.[/

It worked for me on Friday night, when I tried it again on Saturday I got the same error as yours. Maybe they are down this weekend. I guess we can try again later.

I was able to redeem yesterday.

Your printed/pdf Chase statement should list the southwest RR #, I think.

still can't redeem, has anyone been able to over the last 3 days? perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

I'm getting the same problem:

"I sign into my rapid rewards account, follow the link to order gift cards, and when I click "add to cart" the site says:

If I click to login in link 1, it sends me through an endless cycle of the same process."

kahilm said:   I'm getting the same problem:

"I sign into my rapid rewards account, follow the link to order gift cards, and when I click "add to cart" the site says:

If I click to login in link 1, it sends me through an endless cycle of the same process."
What did SW say when you CALLED them, this will help all the other FWs when they have this problem............A

I called Chase when getting the same error (In order to add items to your cart you must be a Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmember.) -- They quickly told me it was a known issue and to try again on the 27th. That was yesterday - I still got the error, tried again today (Friday 28th) and it's STILL not working. Very frustrated & disappointed.

Edit: Actually -- I called Southwest FIRST and was told they couldn't help me. They tried to give me a number to something called 'Member Rewards' but gave me the number to a random Marriott hotel instead. I then called CHASE who stated the above. I'm going to call back today & will update.

So I redeemed for 14 $50 Amazon gift cards. They sent me 28 $25 gift cards. This is going to be a lot of claim codes to enter. LoL.

tjguitar85 said:   So I redeemed for 14 $50 Amazon gift cards. They sent me 28 $25 gift cards. This is going to be a lot of claim codes to enter. LoL.

How is it possible? Was it a glitch?

I got packet full of $25 Amazon gift cards too, actually not a bad way to gift someone.

HumDoHamaraDo said:   I got packet full of $25 Amazon gift cards too, actually not a bad way to gift someone.

Thinking of exploiting this option, too. Still as to whether better alternative to cash those points.

HumDoHamaraDo said:   I got packet full of $25 Amazon gift cards too, actually not a bad way to gift someone.

Same here! Saved a few $25's to hand out as gifts in December.

nthony said:   I called Chase when getting the same error (In order to add items to your cart you must be a Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmember.) -- They quickly told me it was a known issue and to try again on the 27th. That was yesterday - I still got the error, tried again today (Friday 28th) and it's STILL not working. Very frustrated & disappointed.

Edit: Actually -- I called Southwest FIRST and was told they couldn't help me. They tried to give me a number to something called 'Member Rewards' but gave me the number to a random Marriott hotel instead. I then called CHASE who stated the above. I'm going to call back today & will update.

Did you ever fix the problem?

I still get this message. Any workaround for this? Thanks.

SRI3456 said:   I still get this message. Any workaround for this? Thanks.

what you need to do:
1. Log into your SW account on any browser.
2. then go to my account, on the left side, RIGHT CLICK on Redeem for more reward (blue text), select copy link location, or if you are on IE, select Properties, then copy the whole URL
3. Paste the link into another tab, change the last part ....Flag=False to Flat=true
4. It should work this way. enjoy~

Credits go to Yumikogirl from SD.

Math:

You can use Amazon, etc gift certs without getting groped by the TSA. That's worth half a cent per point to me right there.

BTPlayer said:   SRI3456 said:   I still get this message. Any workaround for this? Thanks.

what you need to do:
2. then go to my account, on the left side, RIGHT CLICK on Redeem for more reward (blue text), select copy link location, or if you are on IE, select Properties, then copy the whole URL
3. Paste the link into another tab, change the last part ....Flag=False to Flat=true

FINALLY a fix, thanks for reposting that here.

Somehow I don't the link has "Flag ..."
It is just https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/redeem-more-rewards
I am using chrome.

Any further hint?

BTPlayer said:   SRI3456 said:   I still get this message. Any workaround for this? Thanks.

what you need to do:

Thanks for the post, I saw it awhile ago and just redeemed $500 worth of WalMart GC, I use em at Sam's, and going to reallocate the $500 towards some hotel costs in Cambodia.

Stupid Southwest messed up the link again so that trick doesn't work anymore. I wrote to them to let them know and they gave a generic response that it was forwarded on and they should reply within 30 days. So clueless.

Does anyone know a new workaround? If not, it looks like calling it is the only way for a while.

It does NOT work placing an order online. I tried every methods.

If anybody knows a solution besides calling. Please let us know. Thanks.

it took me about 1.5 months to set up the rewards account. I'd advise to call again and hope next representative will be more accommodating.

I still get the error on the website when trying to redeem Amazon gift cards. Does any know the number to redeem by phone if it exists?

Hello, I called customer service 3 times today and they said that I can no longer order through phone for the Amazon gc. I am getting the same error.

Just placed an order for some Amazon gc from the website and it seems to be working. Used firefox.

Has anyone seen 20% off deals like this in the past with Southwest?

I just got my 50k points and am debating if I redeem them now or later. My chief concern with holding the points for too long is that if they begin to devalue them in the future, it could impact how much I get.

Skipping 5 Messages...

Math:

Only on Wanna Get Away though.. Anything else Amazon is better.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014