• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
How long after you spend the $500 do you receive the $300? Does it come as a credit to the account or a check?

briantek said:   How long after you spend the $500 do you receive the $300? Does it come as a credit to the account or a check?
You get 30,000 ultimate rewards points whenever the statement closes. These can be cashed out for $300 (if you so desire).

bytem3 said:   briantek said:   How long after you spend the $500 do you receive the $300? Does it come as a credit to the account or a check?
You get 30,000 ultimate rewards points whenever the statement closes. These can be cashed out for $300 (if you so desire).

Great, thanks for the quick reply.

I was instantly approved this morning after not having applied for anything over past 5 months. Can I use the card for dental work, eye exams etc. to meet the $500 requirement or must they be actual purchases of items?

Purchases of service is treated the same as purchasing an item. Typically, cash advances and balance transfers are not considered purchases because they involve moving actual money between one bank with another or directly to the customer.

fedguy said:   Purchases of service is treated the same as purchasing an item. Typically, cash advances and balance transfers are not considered purchases because they involve moving actual money between one bank with another or directly to the customer.This. Purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances... These are the only types of transactions as far as the bank is concerned.

Oh, and fees, but I don't think they'll give you the bonus for somehow racking up $500 in fees in three months.

Is it still alive? I now see that you get $100 after spending $500 now...? I googled the deal, and found a landing page on the first result, but am not sure if it is legit...

bytem3 said:   briantek said:   How long after you spend the $500 do you receive the $300? Does it come as a credit to the account or a check?

Is there anything with a higher redemption rate than cash?

Gergor said:   bytem3 said:   briantek said:   How long after you spend the $500 do you receive the $300? Does it come as a credit to the account or a check?

I believe that booking travel through the ultimate rewards portal gets you 25% more value. Also, if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, you can transfer your points to different airline and hotel programs (search the forum for more details).

bytem3 said:   Gergor said:   bytem3 said:   briantek said:   How long after you spend the $500 do you receive the $300? Does it come as a credit to the account or a check?
I believe that booking travel through the ultimate rewards portal gets you 25% more value. Also, if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred card, you can transfer your points to different airline and hotel programs (search the forum for more details).
Additionally, they'll often have some pretty good discounts on gift cards. There were some amazing deals at the end of last year...

brettdoyle said:   I got the 10-30 days as well. There is a backdoor number you can call to speak to a credit analyst at 888-245-0625. I called them up and politely asked them to review the app and they approved me. I figure this is much faster and gives you a much better chance to be approved as they are considering a human talking on phone rather than an looking at an unpersonal application form.

I just did this as I was not instantly approved. I submitted the application yesterday and called that number today. After verifying some information I was approved! Also, I did make sure the card I was receiving had the $300 bonus offer. Good luck!

Has anyone applied for the Sapphire and Freedom cards on the same day to get both bonuses. Are there any problems with closing the Sapphire card before the 1 year mark to avoid the annual fee?

Free bank bailout money
Disclaimer
Sweet.

Thanks guys. I almost threw out the targeted offer. Glad I checked here first.

Applied..got the "We need to review" notice then it showed up a few days later.

They didn't give me much, though. No biggie

Now to find a $1 free shipping item on Amazon and toss this card in the shoebox

rawman1 said:   Has anyone applied for the Sapphire and Freedom cards on the same day to get both bonuses. Are there any problems with closing the Sapphire card before the 1 year mark to avoid the annual fee?AFAIK, you can just convert the Sapphire Preferred. Any Chase card with a CL in excess of $5,000 can be converted to a Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, or JP Morgan Select.TheGhoul said:   Now to find a $1 free shipping item on Amazon and toss this card in the shoebox There are about a million $0.99 items on eBay with free shipping. Just be sure you pay the balance before the statement cuts, or Chase will just write off the $0.99 and might not count it as a first purchase.

Would appreciate some situation-specific counsel regarding this deal:

Am currently sitting with a maxed out and sock drawered Chase AARP card. I lose the 0% later this month so plan is to pay it off 100% a week or so prior to inception of higher interest rate. After that I'm done with the AARP card.

What's the recommended path to my best chance for this Freedom card and the $300 bonus:

*Do I close the AARP card after payoff and then apply for Freedom? If so, how long following AARP closure do I wait to apply?

*Or do I just hang onto AARP, with zero balance, and apply for Freedom without AARP cancellation?

Does the Chase Freedom come with Extended Warranty benefit? Anyone used it before?

when i called to activate my cards the CSR told me my $300 promo, i was going to remind her if she didn't say anything.

kickerstarter said:   Does the Chase Freedom come with Extended Warranty benefit? Anyone used it before?Like virtually all credit cards, it does. Just look up info on the VISA/Mastercard programs on the internet, since they actually run the warranty program. General consensus is that VISA is better, among other reasons, because it allows you to pre-register your products online with VISA Warranty Manager and file claims easily.

I would never consider being able pre-register products online being better. 99.99% of the things I bought never need extended warranty. I would be wasting my time pre-registering products and also allow visa to build up my profile (my shopping list) and sell my information to marketing companies.

ajh5408 said:   kickerstarter said:   Does the Chase Freedom come with Extended Warranty benefit? Anyone used it before?Like virtually all credit cards, it does. Just look up info on the VISA/Mastercard programs on the internet, since they actually run the warranty program. General consensus is that VISA is better, among other reasons, because it allows you to pre-register your products online with VISA Warranty Manager and file claims easily.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the card has to be a VISA Signature card in order to be eligible for extended warranties. Does anyone know if this card is a VISA Signature?

briantek said:   ajh5408 said:   kickerstarter said:   Does the Chase Freedom come with Extended Warranty benefit? Anyone used it before?Like virtually all credit cards, it does. Just look up info on the VISA/Mastercard programs on the internet, since they actually run the warranty program. General consensus is that VISA is better, among other reasons, because it allows you to pre-register your products online with VISA Warranty Manager and file claims easily.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the card has to be a VISA Signature card in order to be eligible for extended warranties. Does anyone know if this card is a VISA Signature?

Just pulled it out - it's a plain old VISA, not signature.

It's not a Signature, but the benefits brochure that came with the Freedom calls out the protections offered. Purchase (loss, damage, etc, $250/claim, $50k max), Price (covers the difference up to $250 for 60 days), Extended (doubles the manufacturer's warranty up to 1 additional year for warranties of 3 years or less), and Return (lets you return something you don't like even if the seller won't take it back, up to $250 and $1000/yr). It doesn't seem to have Signature's 'register in advance and we'll arrange everything for you' feature.

The Visa Signature benefits on the NFL card seem to be somewhat more generous ($500 per item for 90 days, that kind of thing). I don't see price or return coverage in the Signature docs, but I haven't killed myself squinting at that tiny print either. HTH.

got 32500 points today (bought $500 in Amazon gc a few weeks ago). requested $325 cash to the chase checking account i just opened for a $200 bonus (heh). thanks for sharing op!

I had a Chase Freedom a few years back. I had something else but they changed it to the Freedom card. It used to be redeem 20,000 points for a $250 check but when they just made it $200 I cancelled the card. Just signed up for the Freedom card and was happy to see the 30,000 points, plus about another 6,000 from Amazon.com purchases in my Freedom UR account. Very nice indeed

I'm about to cancel my Sapphire card but does anybody know if I transfer my Sapphire points to my Freedom account and then close the Sapphire card they won't "take back" those points from my Freedom account right? I 've heard of people losing their points because they cancel a card and still have outstanding Thank You or UR points in their account and just want to make sure if I combine my Sapphire points over to my Freedom ones that doesn't happen.

dealmaster00 said:   got 32500 points today (bought $500 in Amazon gc a few weeks ago). requested $325 cash to the chase checking account i just opened for a $200 bonus (heh). thanks for sharing op!

how come 32500?

mrkk said:   dealmaster00 said:   got 32500 points today (bought $500 in Amazon gc a few weeks ago). requested $325 cash to the chase checking account i just opened for a $200 bonus (heh). thanks for sharing op!

how come 32500?

$500 in Amazon GC * 5% 1Q bonus category = 2500 points + 30K sign up bonus.

What is the credit limit for you guys?

guardian44 said:   Would appreciate some situation-specific counsel regarding this deal:

Am currently sitting with a maxed out and sock drawered Chase AARP card. I lose the 0% later this month so plan is to pay it off 100% a week or so prior to inception of higher interest rate. After that I'm done with the AARP card.

What's the recommended path to my best chance for this Freedom card and the $300 bonus:

*Do I close the AARP card after payoff and then apply for Freedom? If so, how long following AARP closure do I wait to apply?

*Or do I just hang onto AARP, with zero balance, and apply for Freedom without AARP cancellation?

im curious too, do i need to close AARP before applying? This single AARP card is the only Chase card I ever had

mrkk said:   dealmaster00 said:   got 32500 points today (bought $500 in Amazon gc a few weeks ago). requested $325 cash to the chase checking account i just opened for a $200 bonus (heh). thanks for sharing op!

how come 32500?

Amazon is 5% CB until the end of March. $500 = 2500 points

ureach888 said:   What is the credit limit for you guys?

mine is $5900

nwill002 said:   guardian44 said:   Would appreciate some situation-specific counsel regarding this deal:

im curious too, do i need to close AARP before applying? This single AARP card is the only Chase card I ever had

I have the Chase Amazon card and got approved with no problem. I'd keep the card

While the deal is dead for online signup, I found from the sd thread that if you call their 800# (800-795-6307), you can still qualify for the $300 Cash Back promo. Just be prepared to hear all the terms and conditions on the phone, it took me about 15 mins to finally submit the app. Got approved on the spot for 9k credit limit.

Hydroponik said:   While the deal is dead for online signup, I found from the sd thread that if you call their 800# (800-795-6307), you can still qualify for the $300 Cash Back promo. Just be prepared to hear all the terms and conditions on the phone, it took me about 15 mins to finally submit the app. Got approved on the spot for 9k credit limit.

Just called the 800# and it is dead. Recording says "no longer taking applications for this offer."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014