• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
akiri423 said:   10-30 days for me as well, but I've opened a bunch of cards recently. Thanks, OP.

Me too. I wasn't hopeful, but I just now got an email today telling me that I was approved. No indication of limit, but hey, it's something.

Thanks OP. I got instant approval.

TrentSteel said:   I was declined after the first polite email I sent. After sending a second one, equally polite, they gave me an extra 5000 points ($50).

Thanks for letting us know.

ETA: Points were added instantly. I already cashed out.

You're welcome and glad you got it too

For the record, I love Fatwallet.

thanks op got approved instantly!

I asked to get the extra $50, but didn't realize there was a spend requirement on this one. My original 250 was after the first transaction. They said to contact them back after spending the $500, so looks like it won't be a problem getting it.

Small side note for those trying to optimize point redemptions...

I had 989 points prior to this
Now I received 10,000
My total is 10,989

You need 2,000 points to make a cash redemption and I know it will take me some time (2-3 months on this card) to make that 989 reach 2000. I decided to go ahead and only convert 9,000 points into cash because of this. That way I'm left with 1,989 and I'm only 11 points away from cashing them out.

Timing this a little bit could help out, although it is a relatively minor point at the end of the day because the most you could really do is toss that $10 into a savings account paying 1% and earn 1-2 pennies by having this cash a little sooner.

I tried to get them to match this for me as I opened with the $200 offer. Apparently, that was just over 90 days so they said they can't do it. Oh well.

She applied, said to await decision via mail! fingerscrossed.

Update: Approved! Thanks OP. Now to get into Holiday Shopping.
I wish I didnt already have a Freedom!

JTausTX said:   cheezedawg said:   I just got an offer for Chase Freedom with $300 CashBack on the first purchase- no dollar amount.

"You will receive 30,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for a $300 check. You will qualify for and receive your bonus after your first purchase."

Offer code?
I just applied and was immediately approved. I'm not going to post the invitation # because it was specific to me.

Has any of you being a non-preferred customber from Chase years back?
I don't know if it's because of AOR and years ago Chase closed all my cards and any new application will have a reply as a non-preferred customer(or something like that) and reject the applicaiton. Have anyone is the same ship and later get approved for a card? if you are, how many years later?
I still have checking and saving account but wonder if they will reject me even I hae perfect credit. the last i applied their card is about 2 years ago.

69ragtop said:   niniss said:   Just applied and got the 10-30 days ... Not good sign

I got this a couple of days ago but the new Freedom card showed up today in my list of accounts on Chase.com.

Just called them and was told approved for $10k. such a relief as i already have a chase/Amazon card that i almost never use.

Read this thread a few days ago at work and saw the mailer in the mailbox when I got home that day. Applied yesterday and got instant approval. I received the targeted mailer for 300 back after first purchase. Hopefully I'll remember to update when I make the purchase and get the credit!

qwertyaas said:   I tried to get them to match this for me as I opened with the $200 offer. Apparently, that was just over 90 days so they said they can't do it. Oh well.

I got this card with $200 offer, and Chase gave me additional 10,000 points as courtesy when I emailed them about this $300 offer.

Thanks OP! Instantly approved.

Congratulations. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card and complete account information within 2 weeks by mail.

Interesting, I might be convinced

Doh. So I applied for both at the same time, and I was only approved for the AARP card. I called and they said they wouldn't give me the Chase Freedom card in addition to the AARP card... Rookie move on my part... They said I can apply again after I establish a history with Chase.

I have a 793 credit score.

What the heck, I applied - & have a few chase cards now. I expect denial but who knows - I'll post back my results.

From my experience you can have more than one freedom card(visa, master,AMEX etc). Also having a checking account with Chase increase your chances of getting a new card.

Didn't get instant approval and suspected that it was because I already have two other Chase cards.
Surprised when they sent an approval email three days later.
Thanks OP, time to buy some new tires for my heap

was told 10-30 days after i applied ($200 offer) and got an approval e-mail within 4 days. never had any communication with anyone other than the application and the email.

definitely gonna try to get the extra 100 when i get the card

Thanks guys..I was able to match $300 offer..I got another #100 with the help of this forum..Does anyone know if addional card are also elible?
When I was activating it, I added my wife and she received her card also. CS told me She'd also be getting the offer but nothing so far..

lesscryptic2 said:   was told 10-30 days after i applied ($200 offer) and got an approval e-mail within 4 days. never had any communication with anyone other than the application and the email.

definitely gonna try to get the extra 100 when i get the card

I am pretty sure you will not have much trouble, my roommate got her card in late August under a $200 deal and she was able to get the extra $100 with a short email.

Thanks OP Just received the card with $300 offer. The offer was not spelled out in any letter so when I called in to activate this card, I inquired and was told yes there indeed is $300 Cash Back associated with the card.

Now my wife has applied separately for another $300 bonus.

Go FW...................

I already have the Chase Freedom, but took the plunge on a second card! Got the 10-30 day message. We'll see what happens!

Is this for the Chase freedom VISA?

arbysovenmitt said:   akiri423 said:   10-30 days for me as well, but I've opened a bunch of cards recently. Thanks, OP.

Me too. I wasn't hopeful, but I just now got an email today telling me that I was approved. No indication of limit, but hey, it's something.

Got a declined letter in the mail - the first time I've been declined for an account. Boo! They said I opened my other Chase account (Amazon) too recently.

is this offer still valid?

MetsToWS said:   Quick question -- Is the consensus that the AARP is better than this offer? Can I get both? I currently have neither.

Consider this... If you can only get one, you'd have to spend $1250/mo for 6 months for the AARP to equal the Freedom offer. This assumes that none of the spending you did were in Freedom's rotating categories. If half of the spending were in rotating categories, the number would be closer to $2500/mo. It also assumes that you have no other 5% offers (Discover, PenFed, AMEX, etc) which would otherwise allow you to get 5%. For me, the Freedom card would be a no-brainer choice. Unfortunately, I already have two of them (only wanted one of them).

I already have 2 chase cards, Disney and Amazon....rookie mistake applying for those before I joined fatwallet =D
I wonder if I could still get approval for this. I got 756 scores, which is excellent, but probably still lower than what many of you guys have here. Just worrying that it might hurt my score in case if I got declined
Anyone tried?

I'm contemplating cancelling my Freedom since 1999 and applying, though they said it will take 30 days for Chase to realize that they cancelled a card (goes to the bureaus and back). So I'll be in a similar boat, I guess. They said that they dont approve cards with the same rewards programs for the same person. I'm hoping closing a 13 year old account in good standing is going to be worth the potential gains! Keep us apprised, and Good luck!

IwantItCheaper said:   I already have 2 chase cards, Disney and Amazon....rookie mistake applying for those before I joined fatwallet =D
I wonder if I could still get approval for this. I got 756 scores, which is excellent, but probably still lower than what many of you guys have here. Just worrying that it might hurt my score in case if I got declined
Anyone tried?
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1134802/

vgwallet said:   I'm contemplating cancelling my Freedom since 1999 and applying, though they said it will take 30 days for Chase to realize that they cancelled a card (goes to the bureaus and back). So I'll be in a similar boat, I guess. They said that they dont approve cards with the same rewards programs for the same person. I'm hoping closing a 13 year old account in good standing is going to be worth the potential gains! Keep us apprised, and Good luck!Convert the card to something else and then a month or 2 later apply for another Freedom card

THanks for that suggestion, you're correct, converting allows me to retain my 1999 status, but i wouldnt avail of an bonuses to opening a new account/card. It looks as though the Sapphire has a similar offer for 250, so maybe I should just leave my Freedom alone and simply apply for the Sapphire or Sapphire Preferred without being greedy over 50 bucks.

Thanks for this heads up. I had applied about a week back for Chase Freedom with $250 CB offer. My card got approved and it's on its way. But I can already see it on Chase.com. So I sent a secure message to Chase as many people suggested above. I requested them to match with the $300 offer and they said that they will add extra 5000 points when I let them know after my first purchase.

My email:

Hi,

I was glad to know that my Chase Freedom application was
approved and the card is on the way.

I had applied for this card looking at the $250 bonus
CashBack after spending $500 in the first 3 months.

But I was disappointed when I saw this offer of $300
CashBack after spending $500 in the first 3 months.

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID
equalsDN52

It will be really awesome if my $250 CashBack offer can be
upgraded to $300 CashBack offer.

Thanks! I m looking forward to get that better offer.

Reply from Chase:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the 30,000
points enrollment bonus offer.

I am pleased to advise, that we will add 5,000 points to
the account ending in 5383 so that it receives a total of
30,000 points for an enrollment bonus. I request you to
reply back after you have made the first use on your
credit card.

I hope I was able to address your inquiry today. If you
have any further questions, please reply using the Secure
Message Center.

Thank you.

nice find. love it.

I applied for the Chase Freedom card 4 days ago. After, not hearing from them I called today to inquire about the application.
It took some time, but finally, I was informed that my credit for the card was declined. That was a shock!
Next I talked to a supervisor and she calculated my application again, and approved it.
I now have a $3000 limit on the card, which should arrive this next week.

Just to post a quick update, I received my first statement in the mail a week ago or so and I got 30,000 points applied to my account. This is my first time taking advantage of my good credit, so I'm stoked!

Just checked my sock drawer and darn it, I already have this card Fantastic deal for new card holders though.

Thanks for pointing this out, was about to apply for my second Freedom card.

does anyone have the promotional code? they wont give me the deal unless I have the coupon numbers. they said the numbers are not person specific. I would appreciate it, thanks!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014