• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
claire5502 said:   does anyone have the promotional code? they wont give me the deal unless I have the coupon numbers. they said the numbers are not person specific. I would appreciate it, thanks!!
DN52

Does anyone know if you and your spouse can sign up seperately and each get the 300.00 bonus? Thanks!

Just applied and received instant approval!

wpflum said:   Does anyone know if you and your spouse can sign up seperately and each get the 300.00 bonus? Thanks!
I am wondering the same exact thing!

I guess we will just have to give it a try and see what happens. For 300 bucks it is worth a shot. Keep me posted and I will do the same for you.

tennis8363 said:   wpflum said:   Does anyone know if you and your spouse can sign up seperately and each get the 300.00 bonus? Thanks!

We both applied and both get instant approval.Each card as separate and no cosigners.
I do not see why they would not give $300 to each of us.

OP, big thanks!!! $600 is no small change for us!

MoneyOCD said:   tennis8363 said:   wpflum said:   Does anyone know if you and your spouse can sign up seperately and each get the 300.00 bonus? Thanks!

We both applied and both get instant approval.Each card as separate and no cosigners.

Do you both have separate income? If not, what state are you in? (I read recently that "household" income is no longer allowed, except potentially in some states based on their specific community property laws, like CA.)

kmsandrbs said:   MoneyOCD said:   tennis8363 said:   wpflum said:   Does anyone know if you and your spouse can sign up seperately and each get the 300.00 bonus? Thanks!

Do you both have separate income? If not, what state are you in? (I read recently that "household" income is no longer allowed, except potentially in some states based on their specific community property laws, like CA.)

Yes we do, but app still asked for both, personal income and household income.

If both you and your wife got accounts, neither of which were joint, yes you would be able to get the $300 each.

highrisk said:   If both you and your wife got accounts, neither of which were joint, yes you would be able to get the $300 each.

That is the case !!!

jatan1986 said:   vgwallet said:   I'm contemplating cancelling my Freedom since 1999 and applying, though they said it will take 30 days for Chase to realize that they cancelled a card (goes to the bureaus and back). So I'll be in a similar boat, I guess. They said that they dont approve cards with the same rewards programs for the same person. I'm hoping closing a 13 year old account in good standing is going to be worth the potential gains! Keep us apprised, and Good luck!Convert the card to something else and then a month or 2 later apply for another Freedom card

This is a real issue since my family has three Freedom cards that are seldom used (originating from when they had a better reward program). As a minimum either myself or my wife should cancel their Freedom cards, or convert with the idea of sometime applying for a new bonus. Any suggestions on good cards to convert to that would not foreclose applying for cards we might later wish to apply for.

ProfessorEd said:   jatan1986 said:   vgwallet said:   I'm contemplating cancelling my Freedom since 1999 and applying, though they said it will take 30 days for Chase to realize that they cancelled a card (goes to the bureaus and back). So I'll be in a similar boat, I guess. They said that they dont approve cards with the same rewards programs for the same person. I'm hoping closing a 13 year old account in good standing is going to be worth the potential gains! Keep us apprised, and Good luck!Convert the card to something else and then a month or 2 later apply for another Freedom card

This is a real issue since my family has three Freedom cards that are seldom used (originating from when they had a better reward program). As a minimum either myself or my wife should cancel their Freedom cards, or convert with the idea of sometime applying for a new bonus. Any suggestions on good cards to convert to that would not foreclose applying for cards we might later wish to apply for.
In terms of sign up bonuses Chase Freedom and Sapphire are good so I would avoid converting to those -- I would probably convert it to the Slate card or one of the travel/hotel/airline cards if you dont plan on using any of those for sign up bonuses in the future

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-card-search.aspx

I had a Chase Freedom card closed a few years ago. The fine print looks like I am not qualified for the $300 bonus.
Anyone having Freedom before successfully got the $300?

------------------------
$300 Bonus Cash Back
You will receive 30,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for a $300 check. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make purchases totaling $500 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

Did anyone do this deal and the Southwest Airlines 50k points card at the same time and got both with no issues?

I was wondering does it work if I use my credit card to spent on the $500 for my tuition loans online? or does it have to be real purchases? thanks

Any purchase

I saw the message below from Oct. 24(copied and pasted it), went to the link, which is

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=DN52 The info does say $300 Cash Back if spend $500 in 3 months!!!

I filled out the application and submitted it, then called Chase to verify they got it, which they did, and was informed I will be advised within two weeks if I was approved. Earlier this year, we got $500 for getting the Sapphire card, plus another $300 for opening a savings account (min dep $15,000) and linking it to a checking account with a min dep of $100. No charge first year, but $95 after that.

Message I copied and pasted:
rated: posted: Oct. 24, 2011 @ 9:26a
Chase is offering $300 in bonus cash for spending $500 within 3 months of receiving a Freedom card.

Outside of this bonus offer, the Cash Back is the standard 1% on all purchases and 5% on special rotating categories.

Link to Apply

bottom

tennis8363 said:   wpflum said:   Does anyone know if you and your spouse can sign up seperately and each get the 300.00 bonus? Thanks!

I applied for myself and for my wife separately and got both cards. Let's see how long they will take to add these points back to my account after spending $500 - I am almost close to $500....

Is there a phone number where you can do a telephone application?

Dead.

Sorry - The Requested Information is Temporarily Unavailable
Please visit www.chasecreditcards.com to view additional offers and apply online. Please note the terms and conditions of these offers may vary.

Note: Telephone and Internet offers may differ.

I just got a targeted offer for $300 Cash Back after FIRST purchase... I called right away and got instant approval over the phone!

Will be getting $1000 from Chase this year:

$500 Chase Sapphire Preferred sign up bonus after 1st purchase.
$200 Chase Checking sign up bonus after $100 opening deposit.
$300 Chase Freedom sign up bonus after 1st purchase.

Thank you Chase!

i can never understand why chase (or any other credit card company for that matter) would offer/approve for multiple cards to the same customer in a short period.

niniss said:   i can never understand why chase (or any other credit card company for that matter) would offer/approve for multiple cards to the same customer in a short period.
I got $300 for the Freedom from them, recently got the Southwest card, which should net me $500 of gift cards to Wal*Mart, and $125 for opening my bank accounts.

They denied me for the Sapphire Preferred for the reason of having too many in a short time period, because all of these were signed up for in the last 3-4 months.

It still boggles my mind that I'll get $925 out of them in a 3-4 month period and they didn't stop me until after that. I have another $125 that I'll get in February for maintaining a balance of $10k or more in my savings account for 3 months as well. The amounts they pay are ridiculous in my opinion.

After they denied the Sapphire preferred, I signed up for the Citi ThankYou card, which gives $400 cash after $2k of spend.

This smells an awful lot like a bubble to me... $925 is a huge chunk of change to be paying to get customers.

ankitgu said:   niniss said:   i can never understand why chase (or any other credit card company for that matter) would offer/approve for multiple cards to the same customer in a short period.
I got $300 for the Freedom from them, recently got the Southwest card, which should net me $500 of gift cards to Wal*Mart, and $125 for opening my bank accounts.

They denied me for the Sapphire Preferred for the reason of having too many in a short time period, because all of these were signed up for in the last 3-4 months.

It still boggles my mind that I'll get $925 out of them in a 3-4 month period and they didn't stop me until after that. I have another $125 that I'll get in February for maintaining a balance of $10k or more in my savings account for 3 months as well. The amounts they pay are ridiculous in my opinion.

After they denied the Sapphire preferred, I signed up for the Citi ThankYou card, which gives $400 cash after $2k of spend.

This smells an awful lot like a bubble to me... $925 is a huge chunk of change to be paying to get customers.

When did you sign up for the Citi thankyou card? I've been receiving their offers in the mail all the time but the highest was $200 worth of points i believe so i didn't bother to apply. Plus i already have citi dividend card (for more than 8 yrs) so i don't see the reason (or understand why citi wants to offer me) to get another citi card.

niniss said:   ankitgu said:   niniss said:   i can never understand why chase (or any other credit card company for that matter) would offer/approve for multiple cards to the same customer in a short period.

When did you sign up for the Citi thankyou card? I've been receiving their offers in the mail all the time but the highest was $200 worth of points i believe so i didn't bother to apply. Plus i already have citi dividend card (for more than 8 yrs) so i don't see the reason (or understand why citi wants to offer me) to get another citi card.

I think I signed up on the 19th - it was a mail offer for 40,000 points, which I can easily convert into $400 of cash, gift cards, etc.

I was surprised to see this large of a bonus to be honest.

This appears to be dead.

scoutconnor said:   This appears to be dead.

if you call their customer service they might include you in on the offer

scoutconnor said:   This appears to be dead.

Here is current offer for $200 bonus after spending $500 in 3 month. Not as good as original but still not that bad.

One more for $250 after spending $500 in 3 month.

ETA:I did not use any of those 2 as went with OP one, but looks like both are still active as of today.

Hi, Yes, We can get 300$ each for you and your spouse

My wife signed up for this two months ago, made our purchases and just processed the cash out today. Check is in the mail. Good times.

I had also received the targeted mailer for $300 back after 1st purchase. But I forgot to do it, and it expired 12/26. I called them up on 12/27 and they gave it to me anyway. Note, though, that when i first tried to do online [on 27th], it wouldn't work.

does anyone know when do they consider a customer 'new' after cancelling old card ? I had a freedom lying in sock drawer for years. Just cancelled it since I wasn't using it.

Gah. I'm so mad at Chase! They forcefully converted my AAA 5% Gas card to a Freedom, in the process disqualifying me from the new customer sign up promotion. ARGH. Guess I'll go apply for the Sapphire Preferred, then...

already existing customer means, existing credit card holder or it includes checking/saving account as well

I think under their Lingo it means an existing "Chase Freedom" card holder, but not necessarily a Chase credit card holder.

zstryder said:   Gah. I'm so mad at Chase! They forcefully converted my AAA 5% Gas card to a Freedom, in the process disqualifying me from the new customer sign up promotion. ARGH. Guess I'll go apply for the Sapphire Preferred, then...

Ditto here. The new chase algorithm is to close all of your Chase cards before applying for cards with a bonus otherwise you risk being denied. I'll take the minor hit to the credit score with Chase.

if I close my current chase freedom, after how long can I apply for chase freedom again, to get the bonus?

Just a heads up, I noticed this new(?) wording in the Pricing and Terms of this Chase deal:

Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.

So if you spent $501 on your last Freedom Card and then never another penny.... beware!

n3rdcore said:   Just a heads up, I noticed this new(?) wording in the Pricing and Terms of this Chase deal:

Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.

So if you spent $501 on your last Freedom Card and then never another penny.... beware!

They're catching on....screw you Chase!

EDIT: Never mind. I emailed them and all is good to go.

I was approved and I have activated the card. My question is how do I know for sure that I have the $500->$300 offer? Can anyone that has it let me know if there is something I can check on the account website to see if I have that promo?

I suppose I could just call them, but...c'mon now, I'm lazy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014