• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Chase is offering $300 in bonus cash for spending $500 within 3 months of receiving a Freedom card.

Outside of this bonus offer, the Cash Back is the standard 1% on all purchases and 5% on special rotating categories.

Link to Apply

Member Summary

For Preservation
Thanks MoneyOCD
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have the Chase Amazon card and got approved with no problem. I'd keep the card

weaselslave12 (Mar. 09, 2012 @ 4:09p) |

While the deal is dead for online signup, I found from the sd thread that if you call their 800# (800-795-6307), you can... (more)

Hydroponik (May. 07, 2012 @ 5:55p) |

Just called the 800# and it is dead. Recording says "no longer taking applications for this offer."

lxmxfxd (May. 25, 2012 @ 12:47a) |

Please note the Chase Freedom offer is only available for first time card holders

MoneyOCD said:   

Here is current offer for $200 bonus after spending $500 in 3 month. Not as good as original but still not that bad.

One more for $250 after spending $500 in 3 month.

Best way to use the points discussed in another thread
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

looks even better than the last offer

While I already have this card, I will send this to my brother. Thanks!

I was able to collect on this offer awhile back.

If any of you are like me and applied for the $250 Cash Back offer a last month, I was able to get the extra $50 by sending a polite secure message explaning that I just got the card, and have not even got my first bill and another/better offer was just released. Within 30 minutes, I got a response, and 5,000 ($50) points added to my account. YRMV, but it worked for me.

Thanks.

Applied, but did not get approved instantly. I already have 3 credit cards issue by Chase: Chase Sapphire Preferred/Amazon Reward/Southwest Airlines Reward

These guys are making it too hard not to apply for their credit cards.

Does anyone know where the promotion originated? Targeted mailing, etc?

any success getting a second card for this offer?

liw5215 said:   Applied, but did not get approved instantly. I already have 3 credit cards issue by Chase: Chase Sapphire Preferred/Amazon Reward/Southwest Airlines Reward

You would waste your next Chase card on this instead of the AARP 5%? For shame.

wstaffor said:   liw5215 said:   Applied, but did not get approved instantly. I already have 3 credit cards issue by Chase: Chase Sapphire Preferred/Amazon Reward/Southwest Airlines Reward

You would waste your next Chase card on this instead of the AARP 5%? For shame.
Yeah I'm hoping this is still around when my AARP runs out in a couple months. I have another Freedom card though, any word on getting this promo on a second Freedom card?

Thanks, OP!!

ptdalen said:   If any of you are like me and applied for the $250 Cash Back offer a last month, I was able to get the extra $50 by sending a polite secure message explaning that I just got the card, and have not even got my first bill and another/better offer was just released. Within 30 minutes, I got a response, and 5,000 ($50) points added to my account. YRMV, but it worked for me.

Thanks for the advice. I'm in the same boat and would like to give this a try. This question might sound stupid but, what is "secure message" and how do I send them one.

Thanks!

*Edit* Nvm I found it in my account.

wilkinru said:   any success getting a second card for this offer?

i tried it last month, got no instant decision but got a mail saying you already have chase freedom card, if you want to talk about other cards please contact us,

D4rkK1ngz said:   ptdalen said:   If any of you are like me and applied for the $250 Cash Back offer a last month, I was able to get the extra $50 by sending a polite secure message explaning that I just got the card, and have not even got my first bill and another/better offer was just released. Within 30 minutes, I got a response, and 5,000 ($50) points added to my account. YRMV, but it worked for me.

Thanks for the advice. I'm in the same boat and would like to give this a try. This question might sound stupid but, what is "secure message" and how do I send them one.

Thanks!

*Edit* Nvm I found it in my account.

My GF signed up using the $200 bonus link. I had her send a secure message asking to match the $300 offer and got this response:

Dear xxx,

I am writing in response with your inquiry regarding the
first use bonus.

I would like to inform that, as per the offer on your
account you will earn 20,000 bonus points after spending
$500.00 in purchases in the first 93 days from the account
open date. Further to match the $300.00 offer I have
added 10,000 additional points. These points will be
effective immediately.

Thanks OP, I need tires, and the $300 will come in handy, I guess some chase customers are paying me the bonus,

Signed up my wife on this. Thanks OP!

I just got an offer for Chase Freedom with $300 CashBack on the first purchase- no dollar amount.

"You will receive 30,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for a $300 check. You will qualify for and receive your bonus after your first purchase."

Just applied for the $250 CashBack offer the other day so will have to try the secure message route if approved.

One item of note: The min APR for the $250 bonus card is 15.99% but on this card it's 17.99%. Something to think about if you're not able to pay your balance in full each month.

cheezedawg said:   I just got an offer for Chase Freedom with $300 CashBack on the first purchase- no dollar amount.

"You will receive 30,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for a $300 check. You will qualify for and receive your bonus after your first purchase."

Offer code?

I got this card at $250 offer last month but scored extra $50 through CS secure message.... Woooooo hoooooo

Thanks ptdalen. I signed up for the 200.00 offer last month and thought that was a great offer. Saw the 300.00 offer and figured I was out of luck till I seen your message. Fired off secure message on my Chase online account last nite,woke up this morning and checked my messages and they had added 10000 points to my account. Great forum and thanks again for the info.

Quick question -- Is the consensus that the AARP is better than this offer? Can I get both? I currently have neither.

What is the AARP 5% deal? can someone please explain?

MetsToWS said:   Quick question -- Is the consensus that the AARP is better than this offer? Can I get both? I currently have neither. Obviously this Freedom offer is better on the first $500 you spend. Hard to beat 60% Cash Back. But after you spend $500 you'd be better off with the AARP card. I'd apply for both of them (probably at the same time, since they're both Chase cards), use the Freedom for $500 then switch exclusively to the AARP.

whats the credit score needed to be eligible to apply this card??

Thanks. I just applied for both at the same time. Let's see what happens.

ptdalen said:   If any of you are like me and applied for the $250 Cash Back offer a last month, I was able to get the extra $50 by sending a polite secure message explaning that I just got the card, and have not even got my first bill and another/better offer was just released. Within 30 minutes, I got a response, and 5,000 ($50) points added to my account. YRMV, but it worked for me.

Thank you sir! I got the bonus immediately applied after I sent in a message!

cheezedawg said:   I just got an offer for Chase Freedom with $300 CashBack on the first purchase- no dollar amount.

Received same offer today. Unlike other junk mail, put this one aside to think about for a while. Pondering this or getting the two Southwest tickets -- which are $800 in value - the first year annual fee of $69... Since I do fly Southwest often enough and they are the only ones that offer non-stop on the route I want (Vegas!) I'm thinking that's a better deal in my situation.. but still torn between cold hard cash vs reward currency.

I signed up for a Freedom card probably around 3+ years ago, back when the card was first introduced. There was a short period of time where the sign up bonus was $250 and it was a no brainer. I see all the people who recently signed up at $250 emailing Chase and getting a credit for the difference in the bonus. So, for $50 I figured it was worth trying and sending an email too. Will keep you all posted.

I've received a few of these offers in the mail, have a Chase Slate.

Put them aside, but must have shredded them in cleaning up everything over the past few weekends.

Hopefully I get another in the mail to ponder over!

Just applied and got the 10-30 days ... Not good sign

greekie said:   ptdalen said:   If any of you are like me and applied for the $250 Cash Back offer a last month, I was able to get the extra $50 by sending a polite secure message explaning that I just got the card, and have not even got my first bill and another/better offer was just released. Within 30 minutes, I got a response, and 5,000 ($50) points added to my account. YRMV, but it worked for me.

Same here. At first, they accidentally said the cards were different and so they couldn't do this, however I responded back saying that the cards appear to be the same and then they credited my rewards account.

ankitgu said:   greekie said:   ptdalen said:   If any of you are like me and applied for the $250 Cash Back offer a last month, I was able to get the extra $50 by sending a polite secure message explaning that I just got the card, and have not even got my first bill and another/better offer was just released. Within 30 minutes, I got a response, and 5,000 ($50) points added to my account. YRMV, but it worked for me.

Same here. At first, they accidentally said the cards were different and so they couldn't do this, however I responded back saying that the cards appear to be the same and then they credited my rewards account.

I was declined after the first polite email I sent. After sending a second one, equally polite, they gave me an extra 5000 points ($50).

Thanks for letting us know.

ETA: Points were added instantly. I already cashed out.

niniss said:   Just applied and got the 10-30 days ... Not good sign

I got this a couple of days ago but the new Freedom card showed up today in my list of accounts on Chase.com.

10-30 days for me as well, but I've opened a bunch of cards recently. Thanks, OP.

I got the 10-30 days as well. There is a backdoor number you can call to speak to a credit analyst at 888-245-0625. I called them up and politely asked them to review the app and they approved me. I figure this is much faster and gives you a much better chance to be approved as they are considering a human talking on phone rather than an looking at an unpersonal application form.

Their regular website says 100 bucks, so I'm guessing the link is the way to go? Thanks OP!
Is there a referral program, for me to refer my wife if I already have the Freedom?

Skipping 113 Messages...
Hydroponik said:   While the deal is dead for online signup, I found from the sd thread that if you call their 800# (800-795-6307), you can still qualify for the $300 Cash Back promo. Just be prepared to hear all the terms and conditions on the phone, it took me about 15 mins to finally submit the app. Got approved on the spot for 9k credit limit.

Just called the 800# and it is dead. Recording says "no longer taking applications for this offer."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.