• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Chase bank froze my bank account for alleged fraud. After they debited my account for the transaction in question, my account containing other funds is still frozen. Already visited a local branch, and also called the operations team of Chase in OH, and was told that my account could be frozen indefinitely. Anyone else's in the same boat?

What should I do to unfreeze it?

Is there a legal forum that can address this question?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

dieschweiz said:   Chase bank froze my bank account for alleged fraud. After they debited my account for the transaction in question, my account containing other funds is still frozen. Already visited a local branch, and also called the operations team of Chase in OH, and was told that my account could be frozen indefinitely. Anyone else's in the same boat?

What should I do to unfreeze it?

Is there a legal forum that can address this question?
What do you mean, "alleged fraud"? That there was unauthorized transactions on your account, or are they claiming that you tried to scam Chase? If you were playing games trying to withdraw money that wasnt really yours, you are pretty much at their mercy while they determine if the "other funds" were from a similar source.

You are going to be called out regardless, so you might as well provide the details upfront.

Great post, Glitch99. I agree, there is more to this story and I think the OP was caught doing something he shouldn't have been doing.

New member -- hmmmm. Wonder if they froze a couple of "kilobucks"?

Perhaps it's a bit late for this advice, but this is exactly the reason why I maintain TWO bank accounts. My "main" account at a national bank, and a smaller checking account with a few "kilobucks" in that mostly sits idle for a rainy day. That way if I ever have a dispute with the national bank, I can still pay my bills while it gets resolved.

If there was no fraud committed, you'll eventually get the money back. Sit tight, and if they take an unreasonably long amount of time then complain to the local authorities. But give them at least a couple of days to work it out.

dieschweiz said:   Chase bank froze my bank account for alleged fraud. After they debited my account for the transaction in question,

?

Depends on what the "transaction in question" was. You left out all detail about this transaction so it's impossible to receive intelligent comments on this or any forum about it.

Was it depositing a fake cashiers check , writing a check you knew you couldn't cover , ........?

dieschweiz said:   Anyone else's in the same boat?How could anyone know if they are in the same boat as you when you provide no details?

Alcibiades said:   dieschweiz said:   Anyone else's in the same boat?How could anyone know if they are in the same boat as you when you provide no details?
I expect OP to never post in this thread again.

Fw needs to restrict new members from creating new threads in
The finance forum , until they've been on other area of the forum first , maybe a month and 10 posts minimum or something

Inevitably the posts from brand new members are either spam, trolls, hoaxes or someone using an alt ID , all of which are not permitted under the fw user agreement

KayK said:   Alcibiades said:   dieschweiz said:   Anyone else's in the same boat?How could anyone know if they are in the same boat as you when you provide no details?
I expect OP to never post in this thread again.

I disagree. One can get internet access in prison.

schweiz

pietromoon said:   schweiz

Translation?

thok said:   pietromoon said:   schweiz

Translation?

Oh, that's easy:

Y si nos quedamos aquí hasta mañana por la mañana: la pelota debe ser recto!

... OK -- in English:

And if we stay here until tomorrow morning: the ball must be straight!

I'm not sure that it's humorous in any language. FW should institute a beer googles test prior to submitting a post. It would cut down on the cruft...

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Fw needs to restrict new members from creating new threads in
The finance forum , until they've been on other area of the forum first , maybe a month and 10 posts minimum or something

Inevitably the posts from brand new members are either spam, trolls, hoaxes or someone using an alt ID , all of which are not permitted under the fw user agreement

I was thinking something similar in a very recent he said/she said thread, by someone using an alt ID.

I think it would be appropriate karma to have the FW bot/automated process that outs them and that posts their 'real ID' in the thread once a thread has sufficient traffic (say 15 replies to it)?

We need an occasional chuckle from those that hide-yet-want-advice. If one wants anonymous advice, try Chatroulette, not FWF.

HotSalami said:   thok said:   pietromoon said:   schweiz

... OK -- in English:

And if we stay here until tomorrow morning: the ball must be straight!

close, it does mean : And if we stay here until tomorrow morning: the ball must go inside!

Not that funny even in Swiss German.

SamMcAfee said:   The entire story: http://www.city-data.com/forum/personal-finance/1412052-chase-ba...

a money order.

I sold an item on eBay and received a money order as payment ($150), and Chase says it's a fraudulent money order.

dieschweiz said:   and was told that my account could be frozen indefinitely. Anyone else's in the same boat?Not likely, deposit of a fake money order is not an everyday occurrence.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014