• 123 4 513
  • Page
  • Text Only
JaxFL said:   scottybweyy said:   n3rdcore said:   
But, is this safe? I have read their site, and read about other offers like envaulted here on FW. Is there anything I should be concerned about with a company like this? I mean I gave my logins for EVERYTHING to Mint.com, is this much different from a security standpoint?

Their twitter page looks legit. They received 1.5M in starting capital from somewhere - clovrmedia.com. Of course you should always be concerned. If there an issue it will be exposed quickly and it's easy enough to change cards. Worth the risk IMO.

What happens to the data when they run out of money.

As a rule, I dont use any type of credit card autodraft. People are so free with their information. Not that I worry about it too much, as I have 2-3 credit monitoring services based on the reputable co's not securing my information.

Don't worry about it. If hackers can hack Citi to get your Citi credit card info from Citi, then I think you are worrying too much.

Assume that your credit card information is ALREADY stolen. Move forward with that assumption.

Zaos said:   glxpass said:   
Unless there's a redemption alternative to PayPal, this is a non-starter for me. I've found through bitter experience that if eBay doesn't like you for some reason and shuts you down, it's a given that PayPal will do the same, even if PayPal is used exclusively outside of eBay, and even if PayPal itself has no problems with your activity within PayPal, as was the case with me.

Seconded.

I don't doubt that PayPal's reputation is deserved, but still wonder how they, or eBay, decide not to like you. Say you never sell or buy anything on eBay. You just use the account to receive and withdraw the ML rebates. Is it just a random number generator pointing to whoever they should !@#$ with next, or what? (Edited to fix the damaged quote.)

markcjones said:   Hi all,

Some consumers have asked some general questions about Linkable Networks, and our company history.

We recently changed our company name from ClovrMedia to Linkable Networks.  Clovr stood for “Card Linked Offers with Virtual Redemption.”  However, many leaders in our space were referring to our solution as "linkables", and we felt that our company’s name needed to better reflect how our technology connects our consumers with their advertisers and banks.

Also, you may have noticed that our domain name was registered for just one year. Basically, we took the default setting, and put it on auto renew.  Linkable Networks has received significant funding from Bain Capital Ventures, Kepha Partners, Common Angels and Citi Ventures, and is committed to being here for the long term.

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks

268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

Thanks for your answers, Mark.

May I ask: what is the space you are referring to, and who are the leaders in your space.

Thanks!

Pondus said:   Zaos said:   glxpass said:   
Unless there's a redemption alternative to PayPal, this is a non-starter for me. I've found through bitter experience that if eBay doesn't like you for some reason and shuts you down, it's a given that PayPal will do the same, even if PayPal is used exclusively outside of eBay, and even if PayPal itself has no problems with your activity within PayPal, as was the case with me.

Seconded.

I don't doubt that PayPal's reputation is deserved, but still wonder how they, or eBay, decide not to like you. Say you never sell or buy anything on eBay. You just use the account to receive and withdraw the ML rebates. Is it just a random number generator pointing to whoever they should !@#$ with next, or what? (Edited to fix the damaged quote.)

My main point is that there are (I believe) quite a few people who can't or won't do business with PayPal. I would thus hope that mylinkables.com would provide alternate redemption options than only PayPal.

As to how to avoid AA with eBay or PayPal, that's probably best to discuss in another thread. FWIW, my guess is that if you never bought or sold on eBay, you'd have a much lesser chance of AA with them or PayPal.

To turn my statements into a question that's more suitable for this thread:

Mark, will mylinkables.com consider redemption options other than using PayPal exclusively? Please let us know. Thanks!

glxpass said:   To turn my statements into a question that's more suitable for this thread:

Mark, will mylinkables.com consider redemption options other than using PayPal exclusively? Please let us know. Thanks!

What are your preferred alternatives?

BostonOne said:   glxpass said:   To turn my statements into a question that's more suitable for this thread:

Thanks for asking. (I wish it was Mark asking this, though. ) I'd prefer a check. I might consider an ACH withdrawal, although I'd be concerned about possible security issues. I'd probably use a checking account with a low balance for the target, just in case of a breach. To me, checks are definitely the best form of redemption.

BingBlangBlaow said:   So the videos and terms state that the savings appear as a statement credit on the linked card within 7-14 days. How does that work if they just have read access to our card information?The way Offermatic worked, after you redeem an offer, they then ask you for a credit card number, which they use to add a credit to your account (like how a merchant would do a refund). So that's an alternative (which it sounds like myLinkables was originally planning to do), though I prefer PayPal or a check.

BostonOne said:   glxpass said:   To turn my statements into a question that's more suitable for this thread:

Amazon payments or something like that might be an option too. It's too bad there aren't any options like checks that can be delivered electronically.

glxpass said:   BostonOne said:   glxpass said:   To turn my statements into a question that's more suitable for this thread:

Thanks for asking. (I wish it was Mark asking this, though. ) I'd prefer a check. I might consider an ACH withdrawal, although I'd be concerned about possible security issues. I'd probably use a checking account with a low balance for the target, just in case of a breach. To me, checks are definitely the best form of redemption.

I have a little experience in this area:
Checks: $1-$3 per check for printing & postage
ACH: $0.10-$0.25 per payment
PayPal: 2.9% of total (lower if your volume is high)
Other electronic payment methods: In line with PayPal

You can see why paper checks are money losers for businesses like this. One way they could handle it is to make a high minimum for paper checks ($25) or charge you a fee.

markcjones said:   
Great feedback. You are correct about the 'statement credit'. The savings will go to your PayPal account, as opposed to showing up on your credit card statement. I will have our FAQ updated accordingly.

Mark, you may want to update your FAQ regarding storing credentials as well.

It is interesting to hear folks on this thread bemoan having Paypal as the only option, and on Envaulted's thread they bemoan having physical checks as the only option (and Paypal is most requested).

The moral is to offer multiple options (like FatWallet!)

No luck with American Express Cards.

pitflyer said:   It is interesting to hear folks on this thread bemoan having Paypal as the only option, and on Envaulted's thread they bemoan having physical checks as the only option (and Paypal is most requested).

The moral is to offer multiple options (like FatWallet!)
People complained about Envaulted's checks taking so long to be sent, and not being able to request another one for a while, and printing problems on the checks. If the checks were implemented in a good way, it might be a different story.

Agreed that PayPal shouldn't be the only option... but it's undoubtedly far more convenient than paper checks. (And if it's cheaper for the company too, so much the better.) Electronic payment methods (ACH, PayPal, Amazon Payments, etc) are definitely the way to go.

BostonOne said:   

I have a little experience in this area:
Checks: $1-$3 per check for printing & postage
ACH: $0.10-$0.25 per payment
PayPal: 2.9% of total (lower if your volume is high)
Other electronic payment methods: In line with PayPal

You can see why paper checks are money losers for businesses like this. One way they could handle it is to make a high minimum for paper checks ($25) or charge you a fee.

To be clear (which I might not have been) I've no objection to PayPal as a redemption option, just not the only redemption option. Another option could be checks and/or ACH. I'm not going to question your cost analysis, but I will say that most Cash Back sites I've dealt with offer checks only, or the choice between PayPal or a check. One offers a choice between PayPal and their own debit card, which one can gradually drain. Checks don't seem to cause problems for a number of Cash Back sites, possibly for a number of reasons:

1. Because of PayPal's convenience (except for those who don't use PayPal for whatever reasons), most people will probably choose that over getting a check, given a choice between the two.

2. The average Cash Back amount makes the cost of issuing checks (remember also that postage costs generally go down as the volume goes up) very economical.

Of course, if the average monthly redemption amount in mylinkables.com (or whatever minimum frequency in which they give Cash Back) is rather small, then reason 2 might not apply, but reason 1 would.

Nonetheless, as I said before, I'd be OK with an ACH option, as long as I took into consideration possible security issues. The main point I think many of us agree with is that PayPal shouldn't be the *only* redemption option for a Cash Back site.

Edited to remove wrongly attributed section of post.

Hi all,

Linkable Networks is currently in the process of integrating with some of the largest banks and card networks in the world. Thus, the card-add process will tightly integrated, and redemptions will be posted directly back to your card, for example. For these cards, the card will be your 'Savings Location', as opposed to PayPal.

Great questions!

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Linkable Networks is currently in the process of integrating with some of the largest banks and card networks in the world. Thus, the card-add process will tightly integrated, and redemptions will be posted directly back to your card, for example. For these cards, the card will be your 'Savings Location', as opposed to PayPal.

Great questions!

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

mark is there any way to choose which transaction gets the discount? i made a few purchases at Amazon.com and I would like the largest ones to get the 10%

markcjones said:    Thus, the card-add process will tightly integrated, and redemptions will be posted directly back to your card, for example.

Unfortunately, that is also a non-optimal solution, and is worse than/as bad as paypal.

Zaos said:   markcjones said:    Thus, the card-add process will tightly integrated, and redemptions will be posted directly back to your card, for example.

Unfortunately, that is also a non-optimal solution, and is worse than/as bad as paypal.

Worse for Fatwalleters; much, much better for laypeople

Great questions!

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Please confirm that the "savings location" card could be a debit card (I suspect it could), which would be entirely separate from the card(s) used to pay for the merchandise. Thus, one would avoid the statement credit and would have one's money essentially deposited to their checking account.

Regarding the security of debit cards, it's a concern, so I'd probably just use a "disposable" checking account to receive the Cash Back rebates, after which I'd transfer them to my primary checking account. I'd be OK with that.

Thanks for any further information about this.

A message to the staff/owners/employees of mylinkables:

I signed up for your website and tried to link my American Express card. The process did not work, and from what I am reading here others have had the same experience. The very first experience I have had with your site resulted in it not working and wasting my time, not a good start for your company. Why is it not working, and why is it not fixed yet? Your company's future depends on how you handle situations just like this and you are failing badly!

To be fair, they did already mention that they're aware of a bug causing some cards to be incorrectly flagged as duplicates. Probably this is not a trivial fix for them, hence the delay in getting it resolved. I have a feeling that a whole bunch of issues are only surfacing recently after their site got hit with the "FWF effect".

glxpass said:   
Please confirm that the "savings location" card could be a debit card (I suspect it could), which would be entirely separate from the card(s) used to pay for the merchandise. Thus, one would avoid the statement credit and would have one's money essentially deposited to their checking account.

Regarding the security of debit cards, it's a concern, so I'd probably just use a "disposable" checking account to receive the Cash Back rebates, after which I'd transfer them to my primary checking account. I'd be OK with that.

Thanks for any further information about this.

Whoa, someone was burned pretty bad by Paypal and credit card companies...

My guess is this will be much like the 'offermatic' style, where you put in a card number for the CashBack to be deposited into. I don't know why you'd think putting it back to a debit card is better than a cc, given the risk you mentioned with debit cards. I mean I obviously have balance on the cc, why wouldn't I want to do statement credits to them?

As user for a week, what concerned me the most is whether the CashBack mechanism is robust, not how to redeem it at this stage. I made purchases at toys r us online as well as Amazon this week and am seeing nothing as 'redeemed' as of today. I'll report back when the status changes.

Also big props for Mark. I remember Envaulted had their fair share of doubts and bugs, especially after their weekly deal CashBack was introduced but it's listening to community feedback that made it so popular on FW.

nanotube said:   I don't know why you'd think putting it back to a debit card is better than a cc, given the risk you mentioned with debit cards. I mean I obviously have balance on the cc, why wouldn't I want to do statement credits to them?
How long have you been on FWF?

If you get a statement credit, you also lose rewards on the credited amount. That's why most of us who use high reward cards (e.g. Chase AARP 5%) prefer to receive credits/returns via a different method (cash or a no-rewards credit/debit card).

MidnightLight said:   nanotube said:   I don't know why you'd think putting it back to a debit card is better than a cc, given the risk you mentioned with debit cards. I mean I obviously have balance on the cc, why wouldn't I want to do statement credits to them?
How long have you been on FWF?

If you get a statement credit, you also lose rewards on the credited amount. That's why most of us who use high reward cards (e.g. Chase AARP 5%) prefer to receive credits/returns via a different method (cash or a no-rewards credit/debit card).

Much longer than you have

True you lost 1~2% CashBack on statement credits (there's no card with permanent 5%, period. All are promo or category bonuses).

But that's a small price to pay for security. I am one who'd never give out debit card numbers outside of a bank because by name, when something happens, it's debited and you'll be at the mercy of the other party to get the money back. Credit cards are not just for cashbacks, they have a layer of security that allows you to not pay for something if it's not right.

Citibank still isn't working for me. Credit card option times out. Bank option doesn't seem to work at all (as scary as it is to give your PIN, it doesn't seem to work anyway and just gives a "passwords do not match" error. The do not match error doesn't appear if you put the same values in all four fields, so it appears to just be broken and matching up the 1st PIN to the 1st Password or something).

I assume the linkable offers with prequisites are after tax amounts and not before tax right?

expired said:   I assume the linkable offers with prequisites are after tax amounts and not before tax right?

yes, it is based on the total charge on your credit card

No luck with a Chase card... keeps saying "We were unable to verify your account. Please try again."

Anyone have any luck?

Chase is screwing with their system right now, and apparently nothing can connect to it for the time being.

Hi all,

We apologize for the issues that some of you are experiencing while trying to add your cards in MyLinkables. Some consumers have reported the 'Your Card Has Already Been Linked' message, which has prevented them from adding their card(s). This is an issue we're aware of, and in the process of fixing. It will be addressed in our next system upgrade, on or about November 30th. Please note that it is not because you have the same credit card registered or added in another system, for example. We apologize for the issue.

Also, some consumers have reported 'timeouts' while trying to add their card, or the message, "We were unable to verify your account. Please try again." We are sorry for this inconvenience. These connections are controlled by our processing partner, Yodlee, who initiates a secure connection with the bank to verify a consumer's credentials. If our processing partner's site is busy, or if there is an issue with the bank's website, for example, you may experience these issues. For several of these problems, I am working closely with our processing partner, to address each incident.

Thank you for your tremendous patience and interest in MyLinkables.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Hi thetobster,

Unfortunately, I am not able to change which transaction was Redeemed. I hope you understand. For this particular offer, there was no minimum spend amount, so I understand what happened.

I hope this doesn't deter you from using MyLinkables, however. Please check the site again mid-week, there will be more new offers available!

Kind regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Following up on thetbster's question, in my case I made two $100ish purchases on Amazon. But I'm assuming at least one will be broken into smaller charges once the stuff ships. Can I submit a screen shot of the initial purchase or something to correct it if the split wrecks the rebate?

Dup

Why not just buy a GC for Amazon and then use that for your purchase?

Mark, it is Nov.14 already and all of the offers will expire today. What would the offers be tomorrow? It would be wise to publish a 'preview' a few days ahead.

Also I have one toysrus and one Amazon charge on my FIA card since Nov. 11 but I am still waiting for any redeemed offer to appear. If it's because you haven't pulled my purchase history yet then what is your sweep frequency and is there anyway I can manually force a sweep?

nanotube said:   Mark, it is Nov.14 already and all of the offers will expire today. What would the offers be tomorrow? It would be wise to publish a 'preview' a few days ahead.

Also I have one toysrus and one Amazon charge on my FIA card since Nov. 11 but I am still waiting for any redeemed offer to appear. If it's because you haven't pulled my purchase history yet then what is your sweep frequency and is there anyway I can manually force a sweep?
Give it another day or 2

Got the redemption email today for my 11/10 Amazon purchase, waiting on the email for the 11/11 purchase

Hi Nanotube,

Tomorrow, the new offers will have a slightly different twist. They will be categorical, and redeemable at multiple merchants rather than at a single merchant, for example.

As an example, we'll have a "Movies" offer, redeemable at multiple (but specified) movie chains. Other categories are Coffee, Home Improvement, and Quick Service Restaurants.

Also, your Nov. 11th transactions should clear in the next couple of days. If you made a purchase on Friday, we probably won't receive a record of that purchase from your bank until mid-week this week, for example.

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

markcjones said:   
Tomorrow, the new offers will have a slightly different twist. They will be categorical, and redeemable at multiple merchants rather than at a single merchant, for example.

As an example, we'll have a "Movies" offer, redeemable at multiple (but specified) movie chains. Other categories are Coffee, Home Improvement, and Quick Service Restaurants.

Hmmm, doing categories sounds good.

Mark,
If we complete the purchase today (11/14) but posted in our card as after 11/14, do i still qualify?
I am thinking to do the panera and wholefood's deal today, but worried i wont get the credit for it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014