• 14 5 67813
  • Page
  • Text Only
Thanks, Mark!

Nice to see innovations like this. Sounds like a double-dip opportunity to combine with the seasonal category cashbacks in reward cc's.

I'll be holding my fork waiting for your restaurant offers

markcjones said:   Hi Nanotube,

Tomorrow, the new offers will have a slightly different twist. They will be categorical, and redeemable at multiple merchants rather than at a single merchant, for example.

As an example, we'll have a "Movies" offer, redeemable at multiple (but specified) movie chains. Other categories are Coffee, Home Improvement, and Quick Service Restaurants.

Also, your Nov. 11th transactions should clear in the next couple of days. If you made a purchase on Friday, we probably won't receive a record of that purchase from your bank until mid-week this week, for example.

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks

268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

Would love to get involved in this, but can't get my Chase AARP card to connect :/

Hi Tambun,

We look at the transaction_date of the purchase. If you make the purchase today, you should be fine, even if its not posted on your card for a few days.

Great question.

Thanks,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Well, I got the new offers (and all six emails telling me about them). Offer starts 11/15/2011.

$2 off $8 at select quick service restaurants (Chipotle, Dairy Queen, KFC, McDonald's, or Taco Bell)

$2 off $8 at select coffee shops (Caribou Coffee, The Coffee Bean, Starbucks, or Tim Hortons coffee shop)

$2 off $8 at select movie theaters (AMC, Cinemark, or Regal movie theater)

$5 off $30 at select home improvement stores (Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, or True Value store) (Why no ACE)

All limit to 1 per account; Link by: 11/25/2011 Expires: 12/2/2011

nanotube said:   Well, I got the new offers (and all six emails telling me about them).
$2 off $8 at select quick service restaurants (Chipotle, Dairy Queen, KFC, McDonald's, or Taco Bell)
Note that the "MORE DETAILS" (on the website) for these offers say "Offer valid on purchases made from 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time ("ET") on 11/15/2011 or the date in which you link this offer to your card (whichever is later)". So it sounds like they're not valid until tomorrow and purchases today won't count. (which is ok, but I think the website and/or emails should make that more clear)

I tried to link my AMEX card, but it says it's already linked to another account?... I only have the one.

ETA: I know this isn't a support forum. I submitted a problem ticket to mylinkables, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has a similar issue.

ETA2: Got a response. Apparently a known issue. Expected to be resolved by Nov 30.

The $5 off $30 has the T&C from the $2 deals on it... I'm sure just an innocent copy/paste mistake.
Offers are something. At least when I get my popcorn at Cinemark (using the many Google Offers for Fandango to go there, of course) I can get a bit of Cash Back!

Okay guys I had some free time tonight and thought why not open a discussion on their business model.

My initial impression from their website is they rely on the idea of 'linkable ads' as a way for retailers to attract consumers. It's basically a more convenient distribution method of store coupons - look, consumers don't have to bring or cut a coupon since mylinkable will credit them, so they'll shop more. Ideally retailers foot the bill for these cashbacks and this company will float.

However with the new category style I am quite confused how are they going to sustain all these. Obviously a retailer is not going to pay to run ads side by side with a competitor. Will homedepot pay CashBack so I can shop at Lowes? Will McDonalds pay so I can shop at Taco Bell/KFC? And vice versa. So who's gonna pay for this? The fast food restaurant association?

Change of style is certainly reasonable - Offermatic went from crazy money handout mode to a simple CashBack shopping site pretty quickly. Envaulted has a very good model imo and has been treading carefully in a small closed beta. I hope mylinkable is just experimenting with bunch of ways with their angel funding and will converge on a profitable model soon.

Finally got my card to show up... A few questions:

For a $2 off $8 offer... does a single transaction have to be above $8, or if I go twice and spend $4 each time, does that add up to $8, and give me the $2 CB?
How often can CashBack be redeemed?

vnuts21 said:   Finally got my card to show up... A few questions:

For a $2 off $8 offer... does a single transaction have to be above $8, or if I go twice and spend $4 each time, does that add up to $8, and give me the $2 CB?
How often can CashBack be redeemed?

Single Transaction. Limit 1. See excerpt of terms & conditions of one of the offers from mylinkables:

"Offer Terms and Conditions: $2.00 off your NEXT purchase at any AMC, Cinemark, or Regal movie theater when you spend $8 or more. Limit ONE OFFER per registered user."

Got paid for first offers today

Hi 'thetobster',

Glad to hear! I hope you receive many more Redemptions in the months to come! Note that in PayPal, you can transfer the funds directly to your bank account, if you wish.

As you may have seen, we have more new offers available on our site today.

Happy Saving!

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

-Mark

mattun said:   Following up on thetbster's question, in my case I made two $100ish purchases on Amazon. But I'm assuming at least one will be broken into smaller charges once the stuff ships. Can I submit a screen shot of the initial purchase or something to correct it if the split wrecks the rebate?

Same question. Notwithstanding that Amazon says all over its site that the Kindle Fire is available for shipping now, it apparently won't ship until next week, and so I won't be charged until next week, and so the linked offer expired. Can I still get the rebate?

markcjones said:   Hi 'thetobster',

Glad to hear! I hope you receive many more Redemptions in the months to come! Note that in PayPal, you can transfer the funds directly to your bank account, if you wish.

Happy Saving!

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

-Mark

What is this? Where am I? I feel like a grandma.

"$2.00 off your next purchase at any Chipotle, Dairy Queen, KFC, McDonald's, or Taco Bell location when you spend $8 or more"

1 transaction or several adding up to $8 ok??

It is just like a paper coupon. The first transaction that qualifies uses it up.

vickh said:   "$2.00 off your next purchase at any Chipotle, Dairy Queen, KFC, McDonald's, or Taco Bell location when you spend $8 or more"

1 transaction or several adding up to $8 ok??

how many times does this have to be answered?

adamsmart78 said:   markcjones said:   Hi 'thetobster',

Happy Saving!

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

-Mark

Google is your friend.

JTausTX said:   adamsmart78 said:   

Google is your friend.

Someone needs to google 'sarcasm'.

nanotube said:   JTausTX said:   adamsmart78 said:   

Google is your friend.

Someone needs to google 'sarcasm'.

My grandma doesn't know what google is.

I am having trouble linking my Consumers Cooperative CU's debit card (can't get pass the login credentials)

I guess purchasing movie tickets via Fandango or movietickets.com won't work for the theater linkable?

Just got my PayPal notification that Linkable paid the rebate amount from the Amazon deal last week. Fast and easy and absolutely no hassle. Two thumbs way up!

my Amazon credit says, "savings pending" and the explanation says, "Your savings will appear as a statement credit typically within 7 to 14 business days after the merchant processes your tra"

i was fairly sure this was going into the linkables acct and could only be xfered to paypal. i would prefer a statement credit, but i didn't think that was an option. also if it was going to go into the linkables account why would it be pending if i've already received the verification of spending email AND its registered the savings online.

i guess my question is since its pending will it be a statement credit?

Hi 'mkatzpp',

We are in the process of modifying the 'statement credit' text in our email. As you correctly said, the redemption funds will be transferred to your PayPal account.

Kind regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Mark,

I'm locked out of my account, went through the reset process and received the reset email however, no reset password, codes or anything other than a RESET link that would ask me for user name and password again?

Good sign. Customer service seemed receptive to fixing the issue of multiple shipments of a single Amazon order. Crossing fingers I didn't mess up by not thinking of ordering a $100 gift card to pay for the order.

So my Amazon order is 'redeemed' ... but no money in paypal or anywhere else yet. The website indicates to wait a while to get the Cash Back, but others seem to have already gotten it? My Amazon purchase was on 11/10, was those who actually got the Cash Back placed their order before that?

Hi 'Cheapoking',

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Upon clicking the 'Password Reset' link in the Reset Password email, the MyLinkables page that you're directed to should contain a 'Password' and a 'Confirm' password field. You should not have to supply your UserName again. Can you try again?

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Just did with both IE and FF; neither worked?

pitflyer said:   So my Amazon order is 'redeemed' ... but no money in paypal or anywhere else yet. The website indicates to wait a while to get the Cash Back, but others seem to have already gotten it? My Amazon purchase was on 11/10, was those who actually got the Cash Back placed their order before that?

I have a similar issue with Whole Foods, but mine isn't even showing up as redeemed. I made purchases on 11/12. Today is the 5th business day following the purchase (or 6th day including Sunday). FAQ instructions stated to send Feedback if offer wasn't showing up as redeemed after the 5th day so I just did that.

Mark,
If it takes minimum 5 business days, please update the FAQ so we can alter our expectations.
Thanks!

Hi 'Cheapoking',

Can you tell me what URL you're directed to, after clicking the 'Password Reset' link in the email?

Thanks,
-Mark

howie888 said:   pitflyer said:   So my Amazon order is 'redeemed' ... but no money in paypal or anywhere else yet. The website indicates to wait a while to get the Cash Back, but others seem to have already gotten it? My Amazon purchase was on 11/10, was those who actually got the Cash Back placed their order before that?

I have a similar issue with Whole Foods, but mine isn't even showing up as redeemed. I made purchases on 11/12. Today is the 5th business day following the purchase (or 6th day including Sunday). FAQ instructions stated to send Feedback if offer wasn't showing up as redeemed after the 5th day so I just did that.

Mark,
If it takes minimum 5 business days, please update the FAQ so we can alter our expectations.
Thanks!

My Whole Foods purchase hasn't shown up either

my Amazon purchases didn't show up as redeemed either, purchased on 11/12 & 11/13 on linked card - I have yodlee linked to my chase Amazon card and the transaction shows up there, but no in mylinkables... though it would be the same data since mylinkables use yodlee (right?)...

Same for my Babies R Us purchase...

Did it HAVE to post by 11/14 ?

Should we submit support tickets?

Hi Pitflyer,

If your offer is marked as 'Redeemed', then it will be fully settled in the very near future. When did the status change from Linked or Expired, to Redeemed, for example?

Thanks,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Same here.. Purchased at Amazon on Nov 13th.. Got broken into two orders.. Neither one is showing at ML..

Irritated..

Mark,

Thanks for looking into; rather don't post the link sent to mi email for privacy purposes. Is there a 1-800 number for customer suppor I may call to?

10:47AM - for Amazon/Babies R Us purchases, mine just showed up as "expired" not redeemed or linked...

3:14 PM - Both Amazon and Babies R Us redeemed showed up and $10 bucks per redemption! Thanks Mylinkables.com!

Hi Cheapoking,

It sounds like you are landing on the correct URL then. You may use the Feedback utility in MyLinkables to submit an issue to MyLinkables Support. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES
www.linkablenetworks.com

markcjones said:   Hi all,

Some consumers have asked some general questions about Linkable Networks, and our company history.

We recently changed our company name from ClovrMedia to Linkable Networks.  Clovr stood for “Card Linked Offers with Virtual Redemption.”  However, many leaders in our space were referring to our solution as "linkables", and we felt that our company’s name needed to better reflect how our technology connects our consumers with their advertisers and banks.

Also, you may have noticed that our domain name was registered for just one year. Basically, we took the default setting, and put it on auto renew.  Linkable Networks has received significant funding from Bain Capital Ventures, Kepha Partners, Common Angels and Citi Ventures, and is committed to being here for the long term.

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Hmm... Considering that Linkable Network's business model depend heavily on building trust and goodwill with consumers, it's troubling that this company would choose to omit the real story behind its recent name change. Based on public court records from just two months ago, it's evident that the main reason behind Linkable Network's name change was a trademark conflict involving their "CLOVR Media" name, and that Linkable Network's name change was NOT merely an effort to re-brand with a name to "better reflect [its technology]" as they suggest above. If Linkable Networks expects customers to trust it with their credit card information, the least the company can do is be forthright in disclosing its own history.

Here is a link to the court case: Clover Network, Inc. v. Clovr Media, Inc.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014