• 1 2 34513
  • Page
  • Text Only
Dragonsnack said:   I signed up for Offermatic when it first hit the scene and they were offering some really good CashBack deals ($10 off $20 Amazon). I got about $30 CashBack from them. I never had a problem with security. I stopped paying attention to Offermatic when they went to their points system, which I never understood how it worked. I just looked and there still doesn't seem to be a way to redeem your points for anything.

So with that experience I'm a little hesitant to sign up for another, similar site. Just seems like a waste of time.

And it also looks like you can't add the same cards / accounts that is already linked in offermatic. You get an error saying that card is already linked in another mylinkables account which is clearly not in my case. So if you haven't tried either offermatic or mylinkables - pick only one.

Thanks OP

LiquidSilver said:   Perhaps not as legit as I thought, but this is impossible to know if it is related or not. I signed up last night with my Chase Freedom card, and just now I got a call about fraud activity on my account. There was a $0.88 charge with some online tire company, a $10 charge to another company, and a $2005 charge to continental airlines. Who knows if it is related (don't even know if they could charge anything with just my login credentials), but I would advise signing up only one card, and watching to see if anything odd happens.Ouch. Will be interesting to see if there are more reports like this.

I took the plunge and added my Chase card last night, mostly because I want the $2 off 5 at Panera, I eat there often. No unauthorized transactions on my Chase Freedom card. I will watch closely.

ucfzf10 said:   Dragonsnack said:   I signed up for Offermatic when it first hit the scene and they were offering some really good CashBack deals ($10 off $20 Amazon). I got about $30 CashBack from them. I never had a problem with security. I stopped paying attention to Offermatic when they went to their points system, which I never understood how it worked. I just looked and there still doesn't seem to be a way to redeem your points for anything.

So with that experience I'm a little hesitant to sign up for another, similar site. Just seems like a waste of time.

And it also looks like you can't add the same cards / accounts that is already linked in offermatic. You get an error saying that card is already linked in another mylinkables account which is clearly not in my case. So if you haven't tried either offermatic or mylinkables - pick only one.

Interesting, I just linked my card successfully to mylinkables (the same card on offermatic)

Mowshang said:   ucfzf10 said:   Dragonsnack said:   I signed up for Offermatic when it first hit the scene and they were offering some really good CashBack deals ($10 off $20 Amazon). I got about $30 CashBack from them. I never had a problem with security. I stopped paying attention to Offermatic when they went to their points system, which I never understood how it worked. I just looked and there still doesn't seem to be a way to redeem your points for anything.

Interesting, I just linked my card successfully to mylinkables (the same card on offermatic)

+1 to this. i did not have any problems

BostonOne said:   

Right now they have deals from Amazon (10% up to $10), Panera ($2 off $5), toys r us/Babies R Us (10% up to $10), Sephora ($5 off $20), Whole Foods ($5 off $20), Dick's (10% up to $10) & Modell's ($5 off $20).

when do these end?

vickh said:   BostonOne said:   

Right now they have deals from Amazon (10% up to $10), Panera ($2 off $5), toys r us/Babies R Us (10% up to $10), Sephora ($5 off $20), Whole Foods ($5 off $20), Dick's (10% up to $10) & Modell's ($5 off $20).

when do these end?

11/14

thetobster said:   Mowshang said:   

+2 also no issues here in adding cards to both.

Hopefully this isn't a survey on who to steal identities from.

So the videos and terms state that the savings appear as a statement credit on the linked card within 7-14 days. How does that work if they just have read access to our card information?

howie888 said:   thetobster said:   Mowshang said:   

Interesting. Did you use same email address that you registered with Offermatic? I will try different email address and see.

Bought Amazon stuffs today for $129 worth. will update how the $10 rebated.

BostonOne said:   
Not necessarily. They may authenticate with the bank using your credentials and get a unique authorization token from the bank.
Then, they can throw away your credentials and access your info using the token.

I have worked with lots of systems that work like this.

The tokens have a limited lifetime anyways. They need to store the credentials.

Received a reply from my trouble ticket to add my card. I think all AMEXs are having issues. I have my other card linked to offermatic, envaulted, and mylinkables.

ucfzf10 said:   howie888 said:   thetobster said:   Mowshang said:   

Interesting. Did you use same email address that you registered with Offermatic? I will try different email address and see.

Yes. same email address same card

scottybweyy said:   Received a reply from my trouble ticket to add my card. I think all AMEXs are having issues. I have my other card linked to offermatic, envaulted, and mylinkables.

My AMEX linked just fine.

Ugh, statement credit. How horrible.

EugeneV said:   mylinkables.com said:
Q2. If someone does manage to steal my mylinkables login information, can they access my bank accounts?

A2. No, mylinkables does not store your bank account credentials. The identifier that was created when you added your card is encrypted, never displayed within mylinkables, and connects to your account exclusively with read-only access to view your completed transactions. In addition, details about your banking transactions are not stored in mylinkables.

This is just misleading. The credentials may be stored encrypted, but they must be able to decrypt them too, so it's not a one way encryption. When they talk about read-only access, they mean that that's how their application functions. However, if someone decrypts the credentials, he can gain regular account access, not read-only. Very few banks provide a second password for true "read only" access. The only one I know of is ShareBuilder (not even a bank).

Technically, they are probably telling the truth because the credentials aren't stored on mylinkables's servers--they are stored on the Yodlee end. Most likely, they themselves are only storing the token which grants them read-only access to your info on Yodlee.

Virtually every financial aggregation service either uses Yodlee (Offermatic, mylinkables) or OFX (Envaulted), with Mint as the one major exception since they have now transitioned to Intuit's own in-house backend.

MidnightLight - yes, this must be correct. And very, very misleading. Besides, they do not even mention Yodlee.

anyone figure out how to link the fidelity AMEX rewards card?

tzeric said:   anyone figure out how to link the fidelity AMEX rewards card?Search for FIA Card Services - is is same as Yodlee.

Zaos said:   Ugh, statement credit. How horrible.The video says it's a statement credit, but I'm not sure that's correct. In addition to tracking your accounts they also want you to confirm the email address (but not the password) you use with PayPal. This would imply that they might be looking at that as a method of paying you the rewards.

I need some clarification..

Looking at the Amazon deal it says max CashBack is $10. Limit is 2 per account. So, does that mean if I do 2 transactions of $100 each, I'd earn $20? What if I do 3 transactions at $20 each, would I earn a total of $4 Cash Back (2 x $20 x 10% back)?

Bizatch said:   I need some clarification..

Looking at the Amazon deal it says max CashBack is $10. Limit is 2 per account. So, does that mean if I do 2 transactions of $100 each, I'd earn $20? What if I do 3 transactions at $20 each, would I earn a total of $4 Cash Back (2 x $20 x 10% back)?

I think if I'm not mistaken, you can attach the deal to 2 different credit cards. So the answer is you can make 1 $100 transaction on 2 different CC's to earn $10 on each card. But that's my interpretation.

I've signed up and linked only my discover card. I figure this will be a good test as envaulted does not support discover right now. Will keep up with this thread.

I'll be making a purchase at Sephora today and have linked the deal for that. We'll see how this goes.

Used this with today's Amazon $10 off Mastercard offer. With all discounts my purchase came out to be $102, so I should basically get the max $10 back on this promotion. Will report back how it goes, and also watching the credit card I gave them like a hawk!

Just exchanged a couple emails with mylinkables:

Q: Do I get paid via statement credit, paypal, check, or what?

A: PayPal

Q: I have a "Premier" PayPal acct, will I be charged a fee for accepting payments from you?

A: No, no fee.

Hello,

My name is Mark Jones, Manager of Customer Support at Linkable Networks.  Thank you for your interest in our product!  We appreciate the interest, and we have been following this thread.  I thought it would be helpful if I responded to a few of the questions that have been raised.

Q. What kinds of cards can be registered with MyLinkables? 
A. We can support just about any US credit or debit card.  If you have any trouble registering your card, please contact our Customer Support Team by using the Feedback widget in MyLinkables.

Q. How is MyLinkables different from other card linked offer products?
A. MyLinkables is what we think of as an open model. At launch, offers are available via the MyLinkables site and, at your option, via regular emails.  We are working with ad networks and agencies like WPP and 24/7 to bring linkable offers to the media that you regularly see both on and offline. In other words, ads that you see everyday online, in text and while using your mobile device may be linkable offers. Just look for our 'L' logo.

If you have any questions or suggestions about MyLinkables, please feel free to submit feedback via our 'Feedback' widget in MyLinkables.  Someone from our Support Team will assist you.

I will also check back regularly, and reply to any questions posted in this thread.

Happy Saving!
-Mark  

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks

268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

Hello everyone,

Here are my answers to 2 questions pertaining to card security, and payment:

Q. Is my information secure?
A. Yes. When you register for MyLinkables, you are effectively logging in to your online bank account.  That means that your information is protected by bank level security.  From that point on, MyLinkables accesses your account via an encrypted token that does not contain your account credentials, so your account credentials are not stored anywhere in our system. 

Q. With read-only access to my account, how does MyLinkables pay money back to my card?
A. MyLinkables will use PayPal as your Savings Location. As soon as your first redemption transaction clears, you will be prompted by MyLinkables to verify the email address that you use for PayPal. Once confirmed, MyLinkables will credit your PayPal account with your money. You will be notified by both MyLinkables and PayPal. Within PayPal, there is an option to transfer money to directly to your bank, for example.

Happy Saving!
-Mark  

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Hello everyone,

There have been some consumers who have reported issues adding their credit card, where they receive a message that their card has 'already been linked'. We recently identified a bug which affects approximately 4% of American Express cards.  We have a fix, and are addressing the issue now. We are sorry for any inconvenience. I will post an update in this forum once the issue has been addressed.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Hi all,

Some consumers have asked some general questions about Linkable Networks, and our company history.

We recently changed our company name from ClovrMedia to Linkable Networks.  Clovr stood for “Card Linked Offers with Virtual Redemption.”  However, many leaders in our space were referring to our solution as "linkables", and we felt that our company’s name needed to better reflect how our technology connects our consumers with their advertisers and banks.

Also, you may have noticed that our domain name was registered for just one year. Basically, we took the default setting, and put it on auto renew.  Linkable Networks has received significant funding from Bain Capital Ventures, Kepha Partners, Common Angels and Citi Ventures, and is committed to being here for the long term.

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

markcjones said:   Hello everyone,

There have been some consumers who have reported issues adding their credit card, where they receive a message that their card has 'already been linked'. We recently identified a bug which affects approximately 4% of American Express cards.  We have a fix, and are addressing the issue now. We are sorry for any inconvenience. I will post an update in this forum once the issue has been addressed.

Regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Woohoo, I'm in the 4%. You can all suck it.

mattun said:   

I and the rest of the 96% do not envy your position

Welcome to Fatwallet, Mark C. Jones! If you (or any mylinkables person) plan on dropping in again semi-regularly, can you update your Fatwallet avatar with the mylinkables logo? That gives you some sort of 'official' presence much like Alex of Envaulted.

Very good impression when someone from the company starts an account here.. Should get you more users..

Thanks. Mark also responded to my feedback from their site very quickly -- that the 'limit 2 offers' that you see on Amazon and many other offers means you can use the offer twice - you have to link it twice, which you can choose to do to the same card, or to a different card. Envaulted set the bar for customer support in this area, so I hope you guys keep up the good work and participate on this forum.

I would recommend removing the verbiage about statement credit since we definitely don't get a statement credit -- paying via Paypal is far from statement credit. While I use eBay and Paypal enough that I'm happy being paid that way, others might not feel the same once they get their redemption and their only option is paypal.

Thank you for your suggestion. I've updated my avatar, to our Linkable Networks logo.

Yes, I will drop in frequently. Feel free to ask questions - I will help you as best I can!

Kind regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

mattun said:   markcjones said:   Hello everyone,

Regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES

www.linkablenetworks.com

Ha, ha. Me too.

pitflyer said:   Thanks. Mark also responded to my feedback from their site very quickly -- that the 'limit 2 offers' that you see on Amazon and many other offers means you can use the offer twice - you have to link it twice, which you can choose to do to the same card, or to a different card. Envaulted set the bar for customer support in this area, so I hope you guys keep up the good work and participate on this forum.

I would recommend removing the verbiage about statement credit since we definitely don't get a statement credit -- paying via Paypal is far from statement credit. While I use eBay and Paypal enough that I'm happy being paid that way, others might not feel the same once they get their redemption and their only option is paypal.

Agreed about the statement credit.

As far as 'limit 2', I actually linked to 2 different cards.
Just went back and was able to unlink an offer from a 2nd CC and link an offer for the 2nd time to the same card twice. Nice!

BTW for those looking to take advantage of mylinkable's deal for this week for Amazon, there is a 10 off 100 promotion from Mastercard for spending at Amazon (only electronics and toys). In addition you get a 10 off 50 for future use.

$10 off $100 plus another $10 off $50 on Amazon in electronics and toys if you use master card, the deal LIVES NOW!!!
Live NOW @ 11/9 9 pm PST, code WLG2FB7X
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000739661

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014